It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thousands of records broken: Jet stream pulled up towards Canada, out of whack says meteorologists

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 07:54 AM
link   
it bothers me when people say "well, it's normal here" which seems to negate anything that's not normal anywhere else. too many people have their head in the sand. if they look out the window and the earth isn't exploding then everything is fine.

frankly, the information in the OP is disturbing. we aren't prepared for the climate to change this drastically. people aren't ready for extreme weather. the amount of money having to go toward disaster aid is going to go up. food prices are going to go up.

people need to realize that the sh*t is really starting to hit the fan.

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 08:00 AM
link   
That map is wrong as hell. It says it is not above freezing anywhere in country. I can assure you, it is no 30 degrees outside. It is 100.

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by CrashUnderride
reply to post by benrl

I'm in central WV at the moment. Last week when the storms went through and killed the power to some half million people between Indiana and Jersey, we had a temperature of, I believe 112 and 107 in the shade. And we NEVER get this kinda heat here.

Hope you have a generator..even just a small honda unit

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by pasiphae
it bothers me when people say "well, it's normal here" which seems to negate anything that's not normal anywhere else. too many people have their head in the sand. if they look out the window and the earth isn't exploding then everything is fine.

frankly, the information in the OP is disturbing. we aren't prepared for the climate to change this drastically. people aren't ready for extreme weather. the amount of money having to go toward disaster aid is going to go up. food prices are going to go up.

people need to realize that the sh*t is really starting to hit the fan.

Thanks, this post gave me a nice laugh first thing in the morning, goes well with my cuppa joe.

The thing is most people don't realize, it just isn't earth that is heating up or going through extreme weather - it is happening to many of the other planets in our solar system, see this article:

There is evidence to suggest that it’s not just earth going through climate change. But in fact our entire solar system is in a period of rapid change. Is our sun the central brain of the solar system which is orchestrating and driving this change?

consciouslifenews.com...

So humans are exonerated.........from this at least.

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by MmmPie
Nothing out of the ordinary here in WA.

I feel like people want there to be something strange happening, so they buy into news outlet telling them things are different. Just my humle opinion of course! I don't know enough about weather to know if there are jetstream issues, or anything like that going on. However, as far as I can tell things are pretty normal on the surface.

if you want to know the truth just ask all the farmers of the Midwestern US how them crops are doing in the hottest summer since 1936, when we ushered in the dust bowl. prices for food are going to go through the roof this fall or earlier.

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 08:09 AM
link   
I live in N Fort Worth Tx and its like the tropics here. Hot cloudy and humid at times. Yes it happens but a lot of gulf air is pushing up and just feels like we should be growing palm trees which do not survive the winters. Oh ya last winter was tame and lots of flowers that die off didnt and came back thick and lush.

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 08:09 AM
link   
For those that say everything is normal, if you live in the Western states that is probably somewhat true, but this video shows it is anything BUT normal in the rest of the country, at least for March of this year:

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 08:31 AM
link   
Something occured in the 30's that was pretty crazy, not sure if anyone heard of it (sarcasm) the heat was a heck of alot more pro-longed then what we have experienced as of recent and the economic damages as well where a heck of alot worse.

en.wikipedia.org...

I have read a few articles on ATS and else where about the "normalcy" of the planet going through cycles and things like this are to be expected. Heck I just finished reading an article about an Mini Ice age. Hot, cold. Hot , cold....no need to run for your lives!

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 08:44 AM
link   
reply to post by murkraz

Good article, interesting stuff. Have to say though, jet streams meander naturally and there location is intertwined with climate - therefore it can never be "out of whack" because there are no constants with climate. For example, the North Atlantic Jet Stream is where it is because of factors such as the North Pole. During the last Ice Age, the Jet Stream was much further South.

There are all sorts of other factors that also affect this. For more info, see the link.....The Jet Stream - An OverView

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by imagineering
not sure if anyone heard of it (sarcasm) the heat was a heck of alot more pro-longed then what we have experienced as of recent and the economic damages as well where a heck of alot worse.

So the phrase "all time record broken" does not include the 30's? Was that part of some other time?

Is it possible there was less heat then but more drought combined with the lack of modern irrigation and soil retention knowledge to produce the calamity of those times?

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by PlanetXisHERE

not sure if anyone heard of it (sarcasm) the heat was a heck of alot more pro-longed then what we have experienced as of recent and the economic damages as well where a heck of alot worse.

So the phrase "all time record broken" does not include the 30's? Was that part of some other time?

Is it possible there was less heat then but more drought combined with the lack of modern irrigation and soil retention knowledge to produce the calamity of those times?

It will all go back to normal, which it already has, and this thread concern will become nill and void. We will still be here 01-01-2013 and all the mass media hysteria lies about 2012 will proved to be a big farce! All kinds of records get broken, all the time. Sure doesent mean its the accumilation of anything.

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 09:11 AM
link   
oh god.......celsius...anyone else lost?..i like my fahrenheit

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 09:21 AM
link   
The point that a lot of people are missing about the hot weather and records is the fact that it is not just merely the fact that a lot of the US has exceptional heat and drought, it is the fact that the jet stream keeps going into very long blocking patterns high up into Canada. This is the same issue that the US faced throughout the very mild winter that we experienced. The jet stream seems to have changed and the article below discusses how Arctic warming is to blame:

Arctic Warming

It is worrisome to think that perhaps this is a new normal.

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 09:21 AM
link   

....All kinds of records get broken, all the time. Sure doesent mean its the accumilation of anything.

Until next summer, when this years record highs get broken or tied. Seen this happen enough times in Texas over the last decade.

At least in Texas, people are finally admitting that our climate has change. They may argue over what is causing it, but there is no denying that it's getting warmer here.

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 09:23 AM
link   
pacific currents most likely

too much fresh water in the pacific ?

salinity levels changing from melting ice ?

the best part is we are at the end of a weak solar cycle

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 09:24 AM
link   
I'm in Miami Florida.

It feels like 90 and there's 79% humidity.

Normal for July. Probably should be a little hotter but it's a cloudy day.

In any case.
It bugs me that anyone can claim they know how the weather will be when they don't know all of the variables.

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 09:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Skywatcher2011

People keep complaining about the heat. I live in the U.P. stuck out in the middle of the great lakes. A little hot weather is enjoyable. I was able to plant my garden three weeks ahead of schedule this year. We've been getting these nice thunderstorms with rain about once or twice a week. I have only had to water my garden three times so far. It's a matter of perspective I guess.

The only thing I am worried about is the rapid climate change's effect on the trees in Canada. The trees may not be able to spread more north fast enough to change the forests. Some trees like the cold more than the heat and they need to slowly migrate north and the ones down south migrate north to their place also. It's happening a little to rapidly and Canada may loose some of it's forests. They have a lot of trees and those trees combat global warming. If they disappear than things are going to escalate. We should have triggered a mini iceage by our actions already, I wonder what is wrong.

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by syrinx high priest

We still have nine months of this solar cycle left. This is supposed to be a bigger solar cycle, we have one every four cycles. After this cycle is over we should have a lot of snow here in the Upper Peninsula. The last one was in the early sixties and we got wopped. I only compared weather patterns here with the fourth cycle because that's all I was interested in. I checked back about four "4 cycles" against any information I could find about weather. I couldn't find much before that.

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by CINY8

Arctic Warming

It is worrisome to think that perhaps this is a new normal.

Not if you live in Canada!

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by PlanetXisHERE

I love global warming. I'll have to put the canvas roof on my boat so I don't overheat in the sun when I go fishing though.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join