It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thousands of records broken: Jet stream pulled up towards Canada, out of whack says meteorologists

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 06:54 AM
link   
No rain in California but rain or threats of rain across the entire United States. Can we say HAARP. After talking with a friend who specializes in weather and in HAARP technology we have come to the conclusion that our government and TPTB of other governments are in the midst of a silent "Weather War" and it is about to get worse as time goes on.It will be blamed on Global Warming and other soothing words but................when it all comes down to it is who can starve the other out of existence through weather manipulation.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 07:12 AM
link   
I live S.W UK .... we ve had a mixture of weather ... galeforce winds and rain followed by sunshine .... its very humid now with no breeze but dull and cloudy ... too warm for a coat but too wet not to wear one. two years ago we had the same weather but last year it was lovely?

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 07:37 AM
link   
The rain here in Texas has always come from the Northwest in my 53 years. It is now coming from all over the place. Look at a radar map from today's weather. Thunderstorms from all directions. It is bizarre.
I talked to the guy at the feed store. He said the "Normal" cycle has been off for years now. He doesn't know whether to stock seed, feed, or fertilizer because the weather is not cooperating.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 07:56 AM
link   
reply to post by murkraz

The most telling figure on the map is the temperature in Yellowknife.

31 degrees Celsius = 87.8 degrees Fahrenheit....ONLY THREE HUNDRED MILES SOUTH OF THE ARCTIC CIRCLE!!!!

You know something very, very, strange is going on when it's possible to get heat stroke in the tundra.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by poundpuppy
No rain in California but rain or threats of rain across the entire United States. Can we say HAARP. After talking with a friend who specializes in weather and in HAARP technology we have come to the conclusion that our government and TPTB of other governments are in the midst of a silent "Weather War" and it is about to get worse as time goes on.It will be blamed on Global Warming and other soothing words but................when it all comes down to it is who can starve the other out of existence through weather manipulation.

Unfortunately, I think it's even worse than that. This is just my hunch so take it with a grain of salt..but what I think is happening is this:

1. Global Warming and "The Greenhouse Effect" is more or less scientifically sound idea and is a major contributor to our wildly changing weather.

2. In an attempt to "correct" this problem the major powers of the world are ALL screwing with the weather in a WIDE VARIETY of ways. Everything from the cloud seeding to electro-magnetically based "HAARP" type systems to technologies that us peasant-folk don't even know exist yet.

3. The earth is ALSO undergoing a pole shift.

4. ON TOP of all this we are ALSO experiencing some major weather changes due to a myriad of "space weather" issues such as solar maximums/minimums, the crossing of the galactic plane, and shifts in the earth's torsion (toroid) field,

In short, I think the problem is that we keep assuming that all this nutty weather is stemming from a SINGLE cause when it's ACTUALLY a whole HOST of factors which each compound the effects of the other. Thus, we are in a situation the scientific data doesn't perfectly add up for any of the major suspects of climate change.

Global Warming deniers say that the earth has always warmed and cooled. The people who are yelling "sunspots!" and "mayan calendar!" at the top of their lungs are written off lunatics because these things have all happened before and the earth still managed to survive. The "weather manipulators" think of their actions as being nothing more than an advanced form of irrigation...after all...hasn't mankind been altering the "climate" for growing crops for a long time?

What everybody is missing is the fact that even though the earth and many of it's lifeforms are AMAZINGLY resilient...they might not be able to handle both the SPEED and the SEVERITY of ALL OF THESE CHANGES happening SIMULTANEOUSLY.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 08:25 AM
link   
reply to post by milominderbinder

i could not agree with you more. it's a combination of things and sped up at a rate we can't keep up with. humans are partly to blame and i do think we could have slowed things down if we had really tried but it's too late now. crazy weather is going to be the new normal.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Skywatcher2011

The Pine Beetle doesn't usually attack healthy pine trees only dying ones. Either there is something wrong with your trees or the Pine Beetle is changing it's habits or becoming overpopulated because of the logging. We got those munchers here too. Ants sometimes eat our trees also but only if they are sick. Maybe the problem isn't beetles at all.

Woodpeckers keep their populations under control. Is something killing off the woodpeckers around there or keeping them away? There could be migration problems also. There may be too many pine beetles for them to eat also.

How do you know the Pine beetle is actually destroying the trees? Are you getting your information from the logging companies who want the trees and would try to convince people that something is out of control and jeopardizing the trees. If the logging companies are leaving a lot of dead tops and branches the local population of pine beetles will explode because there is more food. When the wood scraps are consumed then they go somewhere else. They go into the surrounding woods. They could lay eggs on a dead branch that's still on the tree and then the larva could infest the living tree. Trimming dead branches off the ones around your house helps to control disease. The tree can sap out the dead limbs then and heal the wounds. I trimmed off these low dead branches and my trees look better. Mine are only about 110-125 feet tall though. The bugs were getting at my trees so sealing these access points makes the tree stronger. After I did that the trees sprouted new branches. I did quite a bit of research on pine trees about eight years ago. The forestry service out of Yellowstone has a lot of good info.

From a golf course worker I found out that if there are blueberries around the dead branches of big white pines should be trimmed flush to heal up to ten feet off the ground because some fungi or something that lives on blueberries can hurt the trees. Checked out when I researched it. The trees weaken when they are always trying to fight off disease and pestilence. That is what my post is about, strengthening the trees. A little nitrogen fertilizer on pine trees makes the needles soft and ups their resistance to fire. Usually nitrogen is contained in bird poop but the bird populations are decreasing causing the woods to be more susceptible to forest fires

When the pine beetles increase the birds will find them if there are birds around to find them. The birds eat the bugs and poop out nitrogen and the trees become more resistant to forest fires. The Ecosystem is a very touchy thing.

The presence of deer is also important. I had a bunch of little trees forming a crown over the ground. They were forty years old and skinny and tall, I could cut them with a pair of loppers. There weren't many deer around here about forty years previous to that and the little maples grew so the deer couldn't keep them pruned. They had doe permits here and along with a few hard winters and overhunting the deer got scarce. They couldn't do their job. The canopy was high and the rain couldn't reach the ground during a normal rain. This formed a drought on my property and the pine trees were getting weak. What happened forty years ago impacted my little bit of forest and I lost many trees. While I was cutting down these trees and cutting up the branches with a lopper a doe was following me around about twenty feet away eating the leaves and branch tips. I was talking to it and it just sat and watched and munched. The deer and it's offspring have been living here now for many years now. They are healthy.
edit on 10-7-2012 by rickymouse because: add

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 10:09 AM
link   
I do wonder what would happen to the weather if someone took a truck and drove it through all the antenna at the harrp facility. Not that I am condoning such an action of course. But I have a feeling that we'd see our weather return back to slightly more normal patterns.

Even the UK MET office and "scientists" are supposedly saying that they don't know what is going on here. That to me just says that the weather is being interfered with. Everything is based upon waves, natural curves. It takes intervention to alter that. This isn't a natural progression, this is a dramatic shift in weather. I'm in the UK, and I have barely seen the blue of the sky of an ounce of sun in months. Anyone who thinks this is natural is dreaming in my opinion. But that is all it is... an opinion.

I'll finish with a prediction... By the time we reach the London Olympics, we will see extremely hot sunny weather. The sun worshippers would want it that way. Either that or it gets far worse, lots of water for "the age of aquarius". I doubt that it will be fun finding out though, either way.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by saladfingers123456

Yeah, it's probably not all the CO2 we have been spewing into the atmosphere. It's probably HAARP. Riiiiight.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by celebration
reply to post by Dyzan

I love how all of us Texans aren't complaining.

Summer's been great down here for once!

well i'm a texan and i'm complaining. the drought is awful. while temps haven't been as insane as last year and we are currently experiencing a break in the over 100 degree heat..... the summer isn't over. it's common for temps to get into the 100s but it's NOT common for it to stay that way the whole summer. it's not even august yet.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by poundpuppy

How fanciful. But untrue. Weather patterns do not know national borders. If one nation were to manipulate the weather, it would come back and bit them in the ass. the planet IS warming. That is a fact. And that warming IS having an effect on our weather.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

But if we startt have catastrophes then well have good reasons to start hording guns for our defense and thats just not the way they want the laws to go.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   
BP OIL SPILL

I believe this has disrupted the gulf stream. Many people predicted this would happen back in 2010, but since the prediction has shown to be right, everyone has been quiet about it.

yes there are probably other contributing factors, but come on guys lets look at the timing of all of this.

Cold winters in Europe
Warm winters in the US
Cool rainy summer in Europe
Hot Dry summer in US

And just how does the Gulf stream work?
It brings the warm waters of the south to the northern areas (Europe specifically) while bringing the cooler waters back south to regulate things out a bit. So if it is not working correctly then you will get colder water on the Eastern side of the Atlantic while the warmer waters stay on the western side of the Atlantic.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   
for people like me living in Vancouver it's the same old same old.

20 degrees, sooooo bloooody normalllll

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by tw0330
BP OIL SPILL

I believe this has disrupted the gulf stream. Many people predicted this would happen back in 2010, but since the prediction has shown to be right, everyone has been quiet about it.

yes there are probably other contributing factors, but come on guys lets look at the timing of all of this.

Cold winters in Europe
Warm winters in the US
Cool rainy summer in Europe
Hot Dry summer in US

And just how does the Gulf stream work?
It brings the warm waters of the south to the northern areas (Europe specifically) while bringing the cooler waters back south to regulate things out a bit. So if it is not working correctly then you will get colder water on the Eastern side of the Atlantic while the warmer waters stay on the western side of the Atlantic.

The gulf stream and the jet stream/s are interactive. Depending on who you talk to they will also say a stronger gulf stream/north atlantic flow west of britain will keep the jet stream more northerly, and a weaker gulf stream will allow the jets to come more south, since they form their meandering passage over the areas of convergence of warm and cooler zones. The jet stream was much further south in 2010, as it was during the 'dust bowl' times. Any man made damage to the gulf stream like the BP oil spill could then bring about a lower jet stream. 2010's cold winter was predicted correctly on that basis in May/June of that year. Extreme temperatures in the GOM would be an indicator of a weak gulf stream, someone independently taking daily temperatures there would be one way to find out.
edit on 10-7-2012 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by pasiphae

I'm sorry to hear that. Are you in the Dallas area? It rained just 2 days ago here and today it's 88 degrees... No drought in Dallas that I'm aware of, but Texas is huge so maybe my area has been lucky this season.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by saladfingers123456
I do wonder what would happen to the weather if someone took a truck and drove it through all the antenna at the harrp facility.

The same as if someone drove a truck through the shed in your back garden

Even the UK MET office and "scientists" are supposedly saying that they don't know what is going on here.

"Supposedly" yes. In reality, no. Though some do think a mutant star goat will eat the Sun next Thursday.

Originally posted by tw0330
BP OIL SPILL

How would this affect the jet stream across the US? And wouldn't it instead affect sea surface temps around the British Isles? Perhaps making them colder than normal? Wellllll ........

Think about it. Do some research for yourself instead of blindly accepting what people tell you. Stop being a sheeple.
edit on 10-7-2012 by AndyMayhew because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by smurfy
The gulf stream and the jet stream/s are interactive. Depending on who you talk to they will also say a stronger gulf stream/north atlantic flow west of britain will keep the jet stream more northerly, and a weaker gulf stream will allow the jets to come more south,

Who do you talk to? And do you believe their elexir will cure all ailments?

However, it's true that warm Sea Surface Temps in the Atlantic will increase extra-tropical storm creation, if the Jet stream happens to blow over that area.

But the NAD does not determine the position of the jet stream and the jet stream does not determine the position of the NAD.

The position of the Rocky Mountains is actually a bigger factor in the climate of the UK. Perhaps someone has moved them?

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by AndyMayhew

Originally posted by smurfy
The gulf stream and the jet stream/s are interactive. Depending on who you talk to they will also say a stronger gulf stream/north atlantic flow west of britain will keep the jet stream more northerly, and a weaker gulf stream will allow the jets to come more south,

Who do you talk to? And do you believe their elexir will cure all ailments?

The position of the Rocky Mountains is actually a bigger factor in the climate of the UK. Perhaps someone has moved them?

The Rockies ensure a wave pattern for at least one of the jetstreams, but at this time there is no jetstream passover of the the UK, it is much further south, and is therefore in an an anomalous state, so no help from the Rockies anyway. There is barely any westerly winds crossing over Ireland, and haven't been for some time. The winds are predominately coming down from the north in an anticlockwise, and recirculating fashion across the UK, that much you see daily with the weather charts, and hence the slowmoving systems being dragged in from the southwest with all the rain affecting southern Ireland, and regions of eastern northern Ireland, and a big swathe of southwestern England right across to the upper parts of northeast England and parts of eastern Scotland, while the northwest of Scotland is relatively dry.

As for your first statement, (I take it that it is not really a question) I don't have a clue as to what you are on about, that includes elix(i)rs.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join