It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just sittin in the shade

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 01:48 AM
link   
This is one of my favorites LOL

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 05:28 AM
link   
Purple Chitchen and Lady...oh how you both have brought tears to my eyes from memories I've long since forgotten....on this my 47th birthday! I tell my kids they just don't understand how complex life is now as compared to when I was little. I must tell you a story about fireflies...

Last summer was a rainy one for us here in Central PA....and I was lying in bed looking out my window - when all of a sudden the tree across the yard - was alllll twinkly! I shot up from bed and could not believe what I was seeing...FIREFLIES! like when I was small...and the hours we would spend catching them thinking they were ours forever. I became so emotional - I woke up my oldest son and his daughter who were living w/us at that time yelling "Wake up! Wake up! Come see!"...and they did begrudingly...we stood on our deck and just watched in awe at 11 pm. I had tears just streaming down my cheeks....watching my little granddaughter with utter fascination all over her face. My son...god love him...put his arm around me and kissed my cheek and said "thanks Mom for sharing this with us"....and in that moment I realized so many things...ok - I'm getting too choked up, lol. I just wanted to stop by and tell ya PC that I really enjoy your posts - you always make me LOLOLOLOL...and then some. Oh, and I have always called my kids when they were little...my little chickens - which likens to your ATS name.

Thanks for some really great reads! Have a great day!

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 06:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by WhisperingWinds

Originally posted by MountainLaurel
reply to post by WhisperingWinds

That was truely beautiful..........

Thank you... and you are more beautiful than any mere words of mine could hope to be.

Remember that .

awww...what a sweet thing to say .....right back at you.......

As I think back over my life I realise I have been very lucky....I grew up in one of the most beautiful places in the world...life really was a "beach".....my mom owned a toystore...my dad was a "rock star" who basically allowed my sister and I to get away with "murder".....lmao....as long as we vacumed before my mom got home....and didn't bother him during football games....

I have experienced the high's and low's in every possible area of life.....and really...if it wasn't that I know some people still need me I could die tomorrow and feel I had a full life......someone still has to feed the dogs....

I didn't think I would end up without a mate...and that part is sad...cause I would have been "perfect" for the right guy...and at heart I am very domestic, romantic and passionate....but I am also stubborn and flawed...and at this point I really can't imagine ever falling "in love" again....lol...but hey according to my daughter my butt is still an "8".....so who knows?

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 06:09 AM
link   
reply to post by PurpleChiten

LOLOLOLO......those videos are an absolute crack up....thanks for sharing them.....

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 06:28 AM
link   
reply to post by whos2know

Great story!! Glad to be of service

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 06:28 AM
link   
reply to post by MountainLaurel

Welcome!

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 07:55 AM
link   

What a wonderful story! Thank you for sharing that with us

And HAPPY BIRTHDAY

J

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 08:32 AM
link   
reply to post by MountainLaurel

I didn't think I would end up without a mate...and that part is sad...cause I would have been "perfect" for the right guy...and at heart I am very domestic, romantic and passionate....but I am also stubborn and flawed...and at this point I really can't imagine ever falling "in love" again....lol...but hey according to my daughter my butt is still an "8".....so who knows?

You still are perfect for the right guy, so don't even go there. Sounds like you have gone through some relationship issues, but they will give you wisdom in the end, and who knows, you may end up together again.

I'm assuming the relationship you've been a bit torn about is the one that has you feeling this way now, and the only thing I can suggest is to focus on the many other kinds of love in your life. Sounds like you have a loving daughter who tries to make you feel good, focus on that relationship ..always... and never be with a man who doesn't appreciate the bond between a mother and her children. Not that you are a slave to your child, and everything is about the children..its about balance.. but you know what I mean.

Hang in there dear, you're a beautiful soul, with a lot going for you..and things will turn around eventually.

(so by the way...is that a figure 8 sideways, or and 8 out of 10
either way, you'll be just fine trust me.)

take care, and keep your chin up..

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 08:50 AM
link   

OOOPS!! Happy Birthday!!!!

I forgot to say that!!!

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 11:02 AM
link   
We've had stories, songs, videos...how bout some pictures too!!

We can be the multi-faceted, multi-tasking thread !! Just like the ole folks sittin under the shade tree!!!

This one struck me from earlier in the weekend over on the Regent Chit Chat thread where Neno decided there will be a disorder called Nenophobia meaning fear of the Regent.... very fitting I think

Anybody got pictures they can share and tell how and or why they appealed to them?

I know a picture is worth a thousand words, but whatever extra words you add just make it more valuable right?

edit on 10-7-2012 by PurpleChiten because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Thanks for the BD wishes - much appreciated!

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Wow I think I was born in the wrong era.... I loved reading that original post. I would give up my smart phone, dvd, etc, to live in a time when hope was still alive. But then, I did always say I wanted to see how the world ends. I might be young enough to see that happen. I guess we should all be careful what we wish for!

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 06:46 PM
link   

edit on 10-7-2012 by PurpleChiten because: Aliens stole my post!

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by PurpleChiten

ahhh the good ol' days

when you knew that the person you were talking to over a communication line such as a telephone, couldn't pretend to be 3 different people .

*sighs*, yep , lots less game playing with peoples heads.. .the good ol' days, when anonymity wasn't something you hid behind to make yourself heard.

edit on 10-7-2012 by WhisperingWinds because: someone always tries to steal the good ideas

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by 3n19m470
Wow I think I was born in the wrong era.... I loved reading that original post. I would give up my smart phone, dvd, etc, to live in a time when hope was still alive. But then, I did always say I wanted to see how the world ends. I might be young enough to see that happen. I guess we should all be careful what we wish for!

As long as there is life, there is hope!

Hold on to the good; turn loose the bad. Our memories have a way of coloring our life.

J

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 07:29 PM
link   
It's a nice night for a movie

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 07:36 PM
link   
LOL...My family and I really enjoyed ourselves here. Anyone from Western NC?

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 06:16 AM
link   
Awesome additions LadyJae!!

Good mornin everybody!! ... guess I should learn to crow a little better, being a chiten and all...

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 06:46 PM
link   
OK Shade sitters!! ..... the election thread is closed now

It was great while it lasted!!!

At least we still have the good ole oak tree to hang out at!

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Hi all thought I would drop in and say hi...hope our Chiten got some rest.......The election thread ended perfect...and I thought intrepids final words were excellent....was really fun to see Neno's pics at the end.....btw have really enjoyed the avatar thread PC.....sometimes a pic is worth a thousand words...and fun to see how creative people are.......

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join