It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just sittin in the shade

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Yes, the Avatar thread was a great idea! I really like my new "look". ATS has some amazing talent here!

The weather has cooled, and we've had rain for the past few days. I'm so grateful.

Now...does anyone remember their first Hula-Hoop? I tried for days before I could get it to work more than a revolution or two

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 09:40 PM
link   
I've slept most of the day and plan to do a little more very soon! Feeling better though... that was a rough one

Thanks for all the well wishes!!

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 06:31 PM
link   
What a beautiful day it has been here!! Temps in the 80's, a little rain moving in for the evening, absolutely wonderful! A great break from that nasty heat wave!!

How's everybody doin?

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by PurpleChiten

Hi Gang...hope everyone is well today.....I'm doing well overall....but I'm really annoyed over this whole mess with Mitt Romney....how could it be possible that this outright "crook" could have won over Ron Paul....I'm just disgusted, it's all so corrupt......

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadyJae
Yes, the Avatar thread was a great idea! I really like my new "look". ATS has some amazing talent here!

The weather has cooled, and we've had rain for the past few days. I'm so grateful.

Now...does anyone remember their first Hula-Hoop? I tried for days before I could get it to work more than a revolution or two

yep, remember it well. great exercise, and it was fun to do with music playing.....as well as the other cool games your creative kid mind could think of with rolling the hoop around. We had a few games with seeing who could roll the farthest.

Simple, cheap toy, that brought loads of fun and exercise.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by WhisperingWinds

yep, remember it well. great exercise, and it was fun to do with music playing.....as well as the other cool games your creative kid mind could think of with rolling the hoop around. We had a few games with seeing who could roll the farthest.

Simple, cheap toy, that brought loads of fun and exercise.

My dad was a "redneck engineer". He used flexible piping that was left over from something, filled it with gravel, then put a plug joint in each end and made hula hoops for us

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by MountainLaurel
reply to post by PurpleChiten

Hi Gang...hope everyone is well today.....I'm doing well overall....but I'm really annoyed over this whole mess with Mitt Romney....how could it be possible that this outright "crook" could have won over Ron Paul....I'm just disgusted, it's all so corrupt......

Ron Paul doesn't really qualify as a "republican", he's more third party... He's probably too good of a guy to fit into either one of those corrupt parties
.... but he almost got it anyway!! It's a shame the two party system and plurality over majority screws everything up

we should do a Bordo count like they do in college sports ranking with the majority/plurality deciding ties. It would make more sense.
edit on 12-7-2012 by PurpleChiten because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-7-2012 by PurpleChiten because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 12:08 AM
link   
well.... two more weeks of the grad classes, one week of vacation, then it's back to the grindstone!!!

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 12:29 AM
link   
Came up with another new thread for the great writers we have!!!

signiture ideas

and the avatar page

folks seem to be enjoying it! drop on by and get a new avatar and a new signiture or contribute to either one!

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   
guess the shade-sittin isn't going to work out

We gave it a shot though!!!

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by PurpleChiten

Oh, I don't know PC
We got caught up in the avatar thread; which also seems to be slowing down.

Some days are just slower than others. Perhaps it will yet catch fire.

J

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Oh, I don't know PC
We got caught up in the avatar thread; which also seems to be slowing down.

Some days are just slower than others. Perhaps it will yet catch fire.

J

It may

... at least I gave it a shameless bump!

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 03:18 AM
link   

Awwww, stop that...the avatar thread is such a big success...when that winds down...it will be really nice to come hang out in the shade....lol...for me...although I keep ATS on-line most of the time, I only have enough time to keep up with a few threads...you rock "moonpie"....and have contributed ALOT to the ATS "family"....just keep the lemonaide cool....we will all stop by......

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Purple, you said in the Avatar Creations thread that you return to school next week. Do you mind sharing where you'll be going and what you're studying?

School (elem, middle, high) begins on Aug. 1st here. Next week will be crazy busy for me trying to get these 2 boys halfway ready to begin...lol

J

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Purple, you said in the Avatar Creations thread that you return to school next week. Do you mind sharing where you'll be going and what you're studying?

School (elem, middle, high) begins on Aug. 1st here. Next week will be crazy busy for me trying to get these 2 boys halfway ready to begin...lol

J

I teach high school and college level math and physics

but don't tell nobody!!!

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   

J

but don't tell nobody!!!

It shall not pass my lips...lol

hmmm..might I impose upon you from time to time in the high school math department? Things have changed since I was in school, and I find that the methods I used have become antiquated and are no longer the preferred methodology in high school (imagine that..lol).

J

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   

J

but don't tell nobody!!!

Ah-ha !! Another piece to the puzzle of the "purple chiten"......lol...no wonder you like organising threads that encourage participation....I bet the kids like you...and that you would never be "harsh" with young girls that can't figure out algabra ! It can cause major math "phobia"...lol...I remeber pretending to understand what he was talking about so he wouldn't yell at me....bad "chemistry" with that teacher......which was un-unusual for me...he did not like me......I failed and had to go to summer school......but finally did pass.....

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Came up with another new thread for the great writers we have!!!

signiture ideas

and the avatar page

folks seem to be enjoying it! drop on by and get a new avatar and a new signiture or contribute to either one!
I change my signature occasionaly.

Grad student?

What discipline?

ETA, never mind, read it.
edit on 20-7-2012 by beezzer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by LadyJae

Of course
I'll be happy to help

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by MountainLaurel

Ah-ha !! Another piece to the puzzle of the "purple chiten"......lol...no wonder you like organising threads that encourage participation....I bet the kids like you...and that you would never be "harsh" with young girls that can't figure out algabra ! It can cause major math "phobia"...lol...I remeber pretending to understand what he was talking about so he wouldn't yell at me....bad "chemistry" with that teacher......which was un-unusual for me...he did not like me......I failed and had to go to summer school......but finally did pass.....

They seem to enjoy the classes quite a bit, and learn a LOT!

I like to "sneak the knowledge in on them" and keep it very non-confrontational for them. A lot of working in groups with problems to solve so even the kids that don't normally do well are able to contribute in suprising ways. We're a non-bully, non-political, non-yuckiness zone

They know I'm there for them and kids are very, VERY tuned in to who really wants to help them and who doesn't. They have those "special teenage radar powers" and can catch a "fake" in a millisecond!

....taught chemistry several times as well, so I can avoid the "bad" kind

I guess my background would suggest I concentrate on the college level classes, but I enjoy the high school classes a LOT more. It's just more enjoyable and they still like to be "kids" at times instead of so serious. It's sooooo funny when we're doing an exploration or solving problems and it involves color coding and I pull out crayons, they're just like first graders again!

It is absolutely, positively, no doubt about it what I was meant to do with my life and it brings me joy and happiness that nothing else ever could. It helps me push through my lupus and other illnesses that pop up because I know those kids are counting on me being there and being at my best. They do as much for me as I do for them. They are my life and I am very, very proud of that fact

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join