It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Abductees Are A Fraud

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   
In no way am I denying the possibility that there is something happening. This thread and the OP only emphasized that there's no credible evidence that anything is actually happening (Other than in the mind of the abductees).....only stories. Doubting them, approaching claims with skepticism and trying to come to logical conclusions should be encouraged, not attacked. I find the idea of abductions very fascinating and welcome any suggestions about cases that I should look into.

I find it disturbing that anyone would suggest that simply taking someone's word for it, is the only logical and acceptable thing to do, when there are obvious hoaxes, frauds & lies...that probably account for 95-99% of all cases.

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Imtor
The government could be stealing people for organs and tissue, nothing to do with aliens.

A possibility and something I've entertained for some time. It would be of great benefit to them to keep pushing the alien abduction theories/stories.

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   
I have a friend I've known since 1977 who is a life long abductee.. She has told me everything in every detail and she doesn't need hypnosis since she always remembers every detail.. She has had some hypnosis to find out if her memories were tampered with, but no evidence of that was revealed.

She has never seen any link to these abductions with the US military, but thinks they may be connected in some ways.. She thinks there are collusion between them of an ongoing coverup, plus the well known long term disinformation campaign currently being run by the NSA, CIA, NRO, and some certain FBI segments, to keep the entire idea of it ridiculed and make people laugh with the "oh my goodness, the little green men are coming" joke that is always exclaimed whenever anyone brings up the subject in the media.

Her story is the classic case repeated in the bulk of what happens to these people, revealed in the many books about the abduction scenerio.. ie; hybrids and genetic manipulation for reasons not yet fully known..

The real joke here is this thread, written by someone living their entire life like an ostrich with his poor head in the sand.. If I can't see what is coming, it can't hurt me syndrome.

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unidentified_Objective

Or perhaps I'm wrong and there really are abduction cases

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   
I would not call all of them frauds as many simply have undiagnosed psychiatric conditions or delusions brought about by misunderstanding some of the more bizarre neurological functions of the human brain. Things like this include sleep paralysis, hypnogogic hallucinations, or powerful subconscious suggestions as in the case of some types of hypnosis.

Calling them frauds would be like accusing them of intentional wrong-doing. Many are deliberate acts of deception for attention/fame/money but some are not. People who suffer from these psychological issues are still victims even though they weren't abducted like they believe. Sometimes it is hard to tell the two apart.

This is why alien abduction is such a tremendously difficult subject to mitigate rationally, and is very much the reason why things like this have survived into modern times despite our advancement.

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Toxicsurf

Originally posted by Unidentified_Objective

Or perhaps I'm wrong and there really are abduction cases

Yep. I've never outright discounted the possibility but, don't see how scrutinizing claims or refusing to simply accept stories on good faith is such a taboo or unreasonable thing to do. I've seen experiments where people are subjected to the exact same thing, and out of 10 people...at least half describe the experience completely different. Human nature.
edit on 9-7-2012 by Unidentified_Objective because: Typo

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 01:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by alienreality
Her story is the classic case repeated in the bulk of what happens to these people, revealed in the many books about the abduction scenerio.. ie; hybrids and genetic manipulation for reasons not yet fully known..

That probably is not a coincidence. These "other" experiences tend to be societally influenced; a century ago her experience probably would have been "fairies" or "demons" rather than aliens.

While we don't understand the nature of these experiences yet, we can safely write off the possibility of something physical (i.e. actual aliens) happening, given that there has never been any physical evidence.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 01:43 AM
link   
reply to post by DissonantOne

Exactly my thinking. The worst part of it all is that people with minor psychoses that could cause these experiences aren't able to comprehend that what they are perceiving can be different from what is happening. When certain neurotransmitter levels are altered in the brain, one can sometimes be unable to distinguish internal from external stimuli. This can be drug induced, or a byproduct of dysfunctional brain chemistry. Ever seen someone have a psychotic break? Offers a lot of insight into how these experiences may go down in private.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 01:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Diablos
Extraordinary claims requires extraordinary evidence. Rationally, the only conclusion one can make based off the evidence or lack thereof is that the vast majority (99%) of these cases can be explained by either hoaxes or psychological aberrations, and the remaining 1% by some physiological phenomenon that is not yet known or understood by scientists and doctors. I don't fault abductees because I doubt the majority of them are hoaxing their experiences, but to jump to aliens abducting them rather than a more plausible explanation is quite the leap in logic.

The fact there are absolutely no physical evidence that can be examined in a laboratory to determine whether such evidence originates on Earth or not should be more than enough to conclude that there really isn't anything to abductions.

...abscence of evidence...blah blah blah...

akushla

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Unidentified_Objective

I've carefully read your OP and there is one portion that I totally agree with in my position of having been driving, nighttime abductiion experience of approximately two hours. Just to be clear, I've posted below the portion that I believe 100% to be a true statement from you.

You write: "Or perhaps I'm wrong...."

It is comforting to know that you could even bring yourself to write such words,.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   
I know one person in life who has told me she was abducted. She is about sixty now, and she said this all happened when she was 16. They took genetic material. She never gave me the details, I didn't ask. Out of fear, on my part. I don't know that I want to think it is real, and I would never want to hurt her feelings out of respect. She is the last person on the planet I would have expected to hear that story from. She is a model citizen and is doing well and responsibly in life. Very intelligent, pretty, and kind. Genetic premium. I told her she turned out well in life and not to worry about it. Gosh, I don't know what I should have said. I am not good at thinking up the right thing to say. I believe her and yet it is all hard to take in.
edit on 10-7-2012 by frugal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Unidentified_Objective

Why would you deliberately say what you said? You, are either a troubled soul (who can't accept anything that isn't put in front of you) or shill.

Wanna know why SOME abductions are happening? A certain race is creating a first generation Human being in space. It's that simple. And it appears this was an agreement or at minimum, known to some people in the governments.

And what do Human babies need? Milk.
And what do most Human beings eat? Meat.
Hence the cow mutilations.

Take it or leave it but don't challenge it so antagonistically unless of course, YOU (not others) are looking for negative attention. I don't know a lot about that syndrome but I know it does inflict some people and you're very likely one of them. So if that's the case, I take it all back and I pity you instead.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 04:58 PM
link   
My own psychiatrist tried to convince me that all alien kidnap victims only *believe* they were kidnapped, because of something called "complex seizures". I also get these so-called complex seizures, which makes me think I hear voices and see statues move, from time to time. Years ago I committed myself to a hospital because I was too afraid to sleep. I hadn't slept in many days, I had felt like I was floating off my bed and rising up to the ceiling. This only happened once in my life (the floating up toward the ceiling, not the voices), but cases very. Anyway, as it was explained to me, these hiccups in the brain are to blame, and cause hallucinations that seem very real.

Do I buy it? I don't know.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 10:24 PM
link   
I dont even think this thread should be allowed, with the massive insult. Choosing not to believe something is your personal opinion, though in this day and age with so many witnesses its ludicrous. However, its but an opinon, and one possiblity in a list of possibilitie, though like I said even if you were not abducted yourself (you think, for all are), it is the least probable, you would have to admit it is your opinion. But to state it as fact, is slander, libel and bearing false testimony against people. And I recall a thread from the admin of ATS talking about name calling on the ET forums. So, don't know why this thread is up.

And shame on you.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Well im a abductee... i dont do drugs, im not a liar or a schizophrenic. I dont have temperal lobe epilepsy ect. Although i did consider my brain was shutting down and i was dying during my experience , like i was trying to make sense of what i was seeing and hearing. What convinced me i was not going crazy or dying was predictions made by the enitities that came true, and there were many, ( the predictions made are not important, but if you put yourself in my shoes, that may enough to convince you your dealing with a intellegent group of entities, and not going coo coo)....But you have a good theory about the "aliens" being us humans from the future. I considered that possibility myself. I even considered it was some a-hole that figured out a way to tap into our brain waves, and create visuals like cgi or something to that effect. All i know is what i saw and heard , and thats it. In the end, absolute proof of abductions is not going to happen by word of mouth. Well , to anyone wanting proof, i hope you get it first hand. Then go tell all your family friends, and co workers.haha

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99
But to state it as fact, is slander, libel and bearing false testimony against people.

It's only libel if the claims aren't true. Since the abductees have no physical evidence, the only explanation that nothing physical is happening externally.

Tell me, do you know any other phenomenon that exist, but have no evidence for their existence?

Be easy.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 11:54 PM
link   
Well, I am unsure on the whole abduction thing. I do believe that there are other living species in the universe than just our own here on Earth. Why they would abduct, however, is a question I can not explain or answer. There are multiple cases in which I have viewed online, and to be honest some seem like they could be genuine, but a whole lot more that seem fake.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 05:29 AM
link   
reply to post by elevatedone

Why so harsh on the drugs subject haha

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 05:39 AM
link   
Whenever I hear of people claiming to be "abducted" I think of this...

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 05:40 AM
link   
reply to post by xVAMPx

What people believe shouldnt matter on this site (i know that seems harsh but in my mind this is a deadly serious matter) what should be concentrated on is whats most likely based on the evidence we have. This phenomina can be explained by science. The evidence for it being aliens simply isnt there, call me wrong but im sick of peoples personal beliefs being bought into discussions on important subjects. Believe what you like its worth nothing til it can be proven.

I believe in extraterrestrials but majority of stuff i see on the subject is bs based on personal belief and its ruining the chance of disclosure for everyone. But in general people fear being proved wrong. Im down for whatever
edit on 11-7-2012 by Wongbeedman because: Spellcheck

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join