It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Abductees Are A Fraud

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   
I pose to you a question that may not be popular or very well received round these here parts but, here it is:

If you are a bug-eyed sentient being from another planet (Or of extra dimensional origins) why abduct individuals of a species that you genetically engineered or had a hand in manipulating or creating....if you are a species whose technological advancements are such that you can grow your own humans for testing, without having to travel to earth? Or if you didn't have a hand in creating or manipulating its evolution, why not take genetic samples or DNA and then grow the specimens in a lab? Ethics? You crossed that line when you abducted people so obviously, ethics are not an issue for you.

I just see way too many holes in the theory and the easiest explanation just seems more plausible and requires less speculation and baseless claims. Perhaps:

1. Abductees are head cases who seek attention or make stuff up.
2. Schizophrenia.
3. Drugs.
4. Traumatic events that made people concoct outlandish stories to help them deal with the trauma.

Or perhaps I'm wrong and there really are abduction cases and these aliens are us in the distant future and we are looking to study our origins or development so we travel back in time to collect data? Maybe its the evil government screwing with people and somehow using the alien story as a cover so they can probe aunt Gertrude and uncle Bob and shove instruments up their bums?

I just have a BIG problem with a phenomenon of which proof is based solely on oral accounts or information obtained through hypnosis. No surveillance footage. No snapshots. No one got the footage on their iPhone. I'm just sayin.....these stories persist without any tangible proof.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Unidentified_Objective

**** REMINDER ****

regarding # 3 on your list.

16e.) Illicit Activity: Discussion of illicit activities, specifically the use of mind-altering drugs & substances, engaging in computer hacking, promoting criminal hate, discussing sexual relations with minors, and furtherance of financial schemes and scams are strictly forbidden. You will also not link to sites or online content that contains discussion or advocacy of such material. Any Post mentioning or advocating personal use of illicit mind-altering drugs will result in immediate account termination.

i) Narcotics and illicit mind-altering substances: Due to abuse of the subject matter by some (promoting various aspects of personal use, and discussing actual personal use), no new topics on this subject are allowed in any form.

Thanks.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Thank you. I did leave it vague and didn't elaborate but, I think its a possible explanation so, it had to be listed there for the sake of making a point.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   

If you are a bug-eyed sentient being from another planet (Or of extra dimensional origins) why abduct individuals of a species that you genetically engineered or had a hand in manipulating or creating....if you are a species whose technological advancements are such that you can grow your own humans for testing, without having to travel to earth? Or if you didn't have a hand in creating or manipulating its evolution, why not take genetic samples or DNA and then grow the specimens in a lab? Ethics? You crossed that line when you abducted people so obviously, ethics are not an issue for you.

Not everyone who has these experiences think the entities attacking them fit the description you gave. Many do not see them as physical beings from another planet. They don't come from a planet. They never had a planet. Many of them believe they have been here this whole time. Many believe they are spiritual beings. I don't doubt what people say they experience because I wasn't there. But, I have seen enough in my own life to give them the benefit of the doubt.

Now, if it's something that we all experienced and we all saw, and someone tries to change the story of what we all saw, then yes, I am going to express doubt and I'm gong to be a skeptic. But when people share accounts of what happened to them personally, I believe them. I would rather unwittingly stroke the ego of a thousand frauds by telling them I believe them if it meant that the one person who is telling the truth knows that they are not alone. That one soul is worth it.

edit on 8-7-2012 by skepticconwatcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Umm...well, I have kind of huge problems with you thinking that everyone lives their lives with a video camera in hand just waiting to satisfy your need for evidence of the events of their lives. I have a problem with you thinking that you can cast aspersions on people who have had these things happen. My sister and I were 3 and 5 respectively when we, as my sister phrased it "went for a ride in a rocket ship". This was 1968. We were little girls. Do you think we had a lot of exposure to that sort of thing back then? We were thrown outside to play all day long and didn't come home except for lunch and dinner time, then we were summarily packed off to bed. There were no long hours in front of the tv back then - at least not at our house.

Was it drugs, schizophrenia, attention-seeking or any of the other causes you cast out there with your infinite wisdom and irreproachable knowledge?

Maybe you could find out a whole lot more before you condemn others. Maybe your knowledge and experience are less than complete.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Could be simply they did not create us. And do it just like we do to some of the critters and humans on this planet to see what happens or what makes them tick.. There are frauds though as well only seeking attention.

Could be they are checking to see if a certain chemical is still present and we are still not ready for harvest just yet.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   
For starters, you need to realize they aren't bug-eyed sentient beings from another planet (Or of extra dimensional origins) with technological advancements who travel to earth and they aren't after genetic samples or DNA... despite what the ET mythology tells you.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   
You've pretty much answered you own statement with each possibility.

I'm in no doubt that some real alien abductions have happened, I also think some are made up, and others are military OPs.

If you need physical proof BUFOG (Birmingham UFO Group) have spectacular footage of a woman who claimed to be an abductee literally disapearing through her bed.

link   
Why do human scientists kidnap animals to use in their labs?

link   

Originally posted by CosmicEgg

My sister and I were 3 and 5 respectively when we, as my sister phrased it "went for a ride in a rocket ship". This was 1968. We were little girls.

Can you elaborate on what you think happened? Thanks.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

Well, for one....we have laws regarding genetics and cloning so we HAVE TO use existing animals for testing. We are talking about aliens that are allegedly possible millenia ahead of us technologically, right?

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sinny
You've pretty much answered you own statement with each possibility.

I'm in no doubt that some real alien abductions have happened, I also think some are made up, and others are military OPs.

If you need physical proof BUFOG (Birmingham UFO Group) have spectacular footage of a woman who claimed to be an abductee literally disapearing through her bed.

That sounds promising. I'll check it out. Thanks!

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   
You make to many assumptions....
You are not them so how would even begin to fathom what their reasoning's are? If they are of a completely different type of race then they would not think like us. Imagine a race of alligators that has evolved....
Gotta think out side the box
Have you actually looked at the abductees witch are unexplained? Your only drawing conclusions before you do any research.

%90 of ufo are fake the other %10 cannot be explained, same goes with abductees.
Their is solid proof
People have found implants witch are out of this world.
But then again it could be some high tech our Govt developed.
Who knows, I do not like to draw conclusions but I do not like to shut out possibility's.
edit on 8-7-2012 by Infi8nity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   

The way most human scientists consider themselves "higher up" than animals, do you not think that a more advanced species would think similar? Perhaps they have the same "ethics" as us, they are not aloud due to their own laws, to perform expiriments on their species; but the lower "animals" are fair game.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by CosmicEgg

Umm...well, I have kind of huge problems with you thinking that everyone lives their lives with a video camera in hand just waiting to satisfy your need for evidence of the events of their lives. I have a problem with you thinking that you can cast aspersions on people who have had these things happen.

And to clarify....no I do not expect everyone walks around with a camera but, after decades of these claims, I'd expect more evidence and perhaps chance/probability would dictate that at least someone would happen to have a device on them for capturing proof.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Boy, you set up a brilliant strawman argument and knocked it right down just as brilliantly.

Basically it's the "It can't be true, therefore it's not true" argument. I think it may have been used before, though....
edit on 7/8/2012 by Ex_CT2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   

I find it so funny when people mention drugs as a cause. Even the most hallucinatory drugs don't cause what most abducties describe. Part of me thinks that it could actually be the military manipulating peoples minds to seeing something different, we have the tech and the alien thing would be a great cover.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unidentified_Objective
I pose to you a question that may not be popular or very well received round these here parts but, here it is:

I just see way too many holes in the theory and the easiest explanation just seems more plausible and requires less speculation and baseless claims. Perhaps:

1. Abductees are head cases who seek attention or make stuff up.
2. Schizophrenia.
3. Drugs.
4. Traumatic events that made people concoct outlandish stories to help them deal with the trauma.

Or perhaps I'm wrong and there really are abduction cases and these aliens are us in the distant future and we are looking to study our origins or development so we travel back in time to collect data? Maybe its the evil government screwing with people and somehow using the alien story as a cover so they can probe aunt Gertrude and uncle Bob and shove instruments up their bums?

I just have a BIG problem with a phenomenon of which proof is based solely on oral accounts or information obtained through hypnosis. No surveillance footage. No snapshots. No one got the footage on their iPhone. I'm just sayin.....these stories persist without any tangible proof.

growing humans? how does that give one data on the natural genetic diversity and natural mutations that have occured over thousands of years, if they just grow new human using the original dna than they have the same data that they started with and cant document the growth since there introduction of the original dna, this is assuming they are abducting humans, and doing so for data gathering purposes

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Basically, what I see here, is another thread saying "I dont believe it, so it CANNOT be real".

I do love open-mindedness.
edit on 8-7-2012 by captaintyinknots because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join