It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pslams

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Yes.. that's why I'm constantly talking about them. Oh,.. wait.. that's you nvmd.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by TheFogHorn

See, that's what Eisegesis is, taking things out of context to conform to what you want to say.

Psalm 18 doesn't begin:

"The Lord is my volcano. The earth trembled and quaked, and the foundations of the mountains shook. Smoke rose from the volcanoes vents;"

rather, it begins "The LORD is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer; my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge, my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold."

So your claim means nothing, as it would read (though substitution):

"The LORD is my FOUNDATION, my fortress and my deliverer; my God is my FOUNDATION, in whom I take refuge, my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold."

**** FAIL ****

Seriously, this is one of the most vapid claims I've seen on ATS.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
Adjensen... you should know that since you left and returned we have our very own volcano worshipper on the forum now. 9/10 of her threads are about volcanoes.

Well, on the plus side, if this is the caliber of anti-Christian ATS members these days, there's not a lot to worry about, lol.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Adjensen... you should know that since you left and returned we have our very own volcano worshipper on the forum now. 9/10 of her threads are about volcanoes.

A mobile volcano at that, it seems to be able to roam around for several hundred miles and feed several hundred thousand people. Every other volcano i have ever seen you eat anything from it and you will die.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 11:25 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

lol, I suppose that OP could perform a pilgrimage to Mauna Loa and report back on how many Christians are there, praying to their volcano king.

Heck if I'm gonna pay for the trip though

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 01:20 AM
link   

Dear TheFogHorn,

As I've said before, I have a lot of respect for you. May I ask a different type of question? It seems as though you're saying (correct me if I'm wrong) that Christians are worshipping some god other than Jesus, or Jehovah, or however you want to describe the tradtional Judaeo-Christian God. Ok, fair enough, I can understand that.

But many others on ATS have said we really are worshipping Osiris, Mithra, Horus, or I don't know all the other gods. For me, if I was convinced I was worshipping the wrong god, I think I'd go to Hinduism or maybe Norse mythology or perhaps paganism. I just can't understand where you're going.

It will be tough enough to persuade me I'm worshipping the wrong god, but double tough to persuade me to switch my worship to a natural geologic formation.

Or is it that you're only trying to show that Jews of umpty thousand years ago worshipped a volcano. What does that do to faith in Jesus? (Of course, it destroys the Old Testament and the wholeness of the Bible.) Maybe it's just too late and my brain has closed down.

Maybe I'm missing your point and your purpose. What is your goal or your conclusion? What effect do you hope your work will have?

With respect,
Charles1952

P.s. The more I look at my post, the more jumbled it looks. My apologies. If you can make any sense out of it, good for you. I don't have the heart to throw it away though. - C

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 03:26 AM
link   

Seriously, but why are you so obsessed with thinking God is a volcano?

Yes, there is talk of fire, smoke and what not in verses pertaining to God, but does that necessarily have to mean that God is a volcano? Ever considered that the fire, smoke and destruction describes the power of God?

Most normal people tend to avoid volcanoes... but you seem to be implying that the ancient hebrews were an exception.... you know hanging around volcanoes.... as if they didn't know that it was dangerous natural phenomena.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 06:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by adjensen
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

lol, I suppose that OP could perform a pilgrimage to Mauna Loa and report back on how many Christians are there, praying to their volcano king.

Heck if I'm gonna pay for the trip though

Well, sounds like "adjensen" is paying for everyone's trip to Hawaii, so sign up. He didn't read the bible too well to take note that Moses was not Christian. He has a mind like a steel trap, always closed.

Anyone that has ever come near Hawaii knows the story of the Volcano gods there and that Hawaii owes its existance to volcanos, else it would not be there. Hawaii sits at the center of the Ring of Fire of the Pacific, which is all about volcanos and volcano gods.

en.wikipedia.org...(deity)

In the Hawaiian religion, Pele (/ˈpeɪleɪ/PAY-lay; [ˈpɛlɛ]) is the goddess of fire, lightning, wind, and volcanoes. She is a popular figure in many stories of ancient Hawaii known as Hawaiian mythology. Ka wahine ʻai honua ("the earth-eating woman") is an epithet for the goddess.[1]

There is even a big movie by Tom Hanks about "Joe and the Volcano" that pokes fun at the ancient human beliefs in gods of volcanos. Tom really needs to do a similar one for Moses volcano god at Midian and Jethro the Volcano Priest.

Much of the same level of pagan beliefs apply to the god of the OT's Moses, because the "Ring of Fire" of the Pacific plate becomes the long Running Rift of Fire called the "East African Rift Zone" that is lined with volcanos and lots of basalt flows from the Rift's plate motion effects. The Rift runs from South Africa to above the Dead Sea, forming parts of the Red Sea and Moses Mtn. Not to mention Africa's Largest Volcanos. It is every bit as impressive as the Ring of Fire of the Pacific.

The Rift effects made the depression that is the Dead Sea, it made the lake of fire that knocked off Sodom and Gomorrah, and it made Moses special mountain of fire and this burning bush effect. There is not all that much difference between the Hawaii volcano worship and that which Moses worshiped.

Moses Mtn was special because the Egyptians were afraid of his big high mountain of rocks with the big fire on top and the ground quaking below, not to mention all the gas venting trumpet noise. Moses Mtn had one up on the Hawaii volcano because the geology of Midian and the Dead Sea has oil deposits that add to the drama of the god belief. Rift and volcanic activity running into oil field zones make a lot of smoke and fire, and depart a good bit from traditional lava and fire and brimstone at Midian in Saudi Arabia. Moses Mtn was being driven by Rift and Volcanic effects deep under his Mtn., thus the volcanic associations but with the old field added twist of nature there.

One can begin to see the arrogance and utter ignorance of the Christians toward rather simple knowledge about volcanic effects connected with Ring of Fire and Hawaii and even the very similar East Africa Rift zone that spawned the Moses Mtn of Fire effects, as well as the Read Sea Crossing. Most Christians have read only one little book and shun all other knowledge, making them rather low on the learning curve for human intelligence. Most use the term "Flat Earth" believers due to this being low on the knowledge and learning.

But for those that studied geography, they know that Moses Moved to Midian in Saudi Arabia to hide from Pharo. There Jethro protected him and taught him of the volcanic effects of the region. The Trail to Mecca is lined with volcanic cinder cones and basalt flows from the combined volcanic and Rift Plate movements releasing Earth's magma into the crust and surface. The trail to Mecca runs right past the area of Midian and Moses Mtn of Fire there near Midian.

Perhaps, in place of funding a field trip for everyone to Hawaii, one to Midian to see Moses Mtn of Fire would be a better choice as that was the big rock that Moses worshipped. Unfortunately, there were not any Christians around back then, so that was a balogna claim that shows someone don't read the Bible's story with additional background knowledge being wisely incorpertated. You are going to have to talk the Saudi King into allowing a bunch of vapid Christians to come clutter up the trail to Mecca, which they won't like too much. Plus, you have to get permission to get into the country and to get within the fence protection zone of Moses Mtn.

I am sure the Christians would be better informed to have such a field trip paid for, so they can learn the geography and geology of the Midian area. One can even go up and visit the Dead Sea and witness the bitumen from oil field and Rift heat effects float to the top of the Dead Sea. All that bitumen was used to make the Ziggarats cement for the brick at areas like the City of Ur, as well as to glue on the baked blue tiles that were the color for Nimrod's Tower of Babylon. All that Bitumen even made sailing ships possible by sealing the planks, and bitumen was even used to make the Baghdad Battery.

There is much history there, both pre and post flood and most of it the Christians have been intentionally too slow to learn, as they don't care to read more than one book, or learn sciences like geology and mineral distributions, and especially the volcanic sciences.

But, that didn't hold back the rest of us who have freely chosen to read more than one book and be receptive to all knowledge of history, especially that that stems from the City of Ur, the place Abraham was born. We even follow the story of Adam to Cane, to Tubal Cane, to Enoch, then on down to Noah, then Nimrod and the whole chain of folks that came from the Creator gods genetic DNA breeding experiments. All that being made possible by really looking at how the old world history combines with some of these Bible stories to add vastly to the understanding of what was going on back in those times and how powers of nature played a role in the transitions from the Creator god theme and into the theme of knowledge of Nature's ways and using those to advantage. There is a lot to learn from Volcano god concepts, especially how Tubal Cane is applied to the god Vulcan and lots lots more.

One can learn a lot about Man's past experiences with volcanos and Sumerias issues for god, but you won't learn these issues from closed minded Christians stuck in one little book of limited knowledge and forged content.

edit on 8-7-2012 by MagnumOpus because: Lots of knowledge is available, just not to the closed minded and those that think one book is all knowledge.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000

A mobile volcano at that, it seems to be able to roam around for several hundred miles and feed several hundred thousand people. Every other volcano i have ever seen you eat anything from it and you will die.

Perhaps you should really learn about the River Culture of the City of Ur that worked from the Euphrates, then the river culture of Babylon that also worked from the Euphrates, and the biggest of all the area of Egypt and the Nile. All this being about advance agriculture and canals and fertile river soils.

A like issue developed due to volcanic area rich soils that added the essential trace miners to soils that make for very healty produce. The area of Italy knows these methods well, as does agriculture. Even the issues of Hawaii, the very land owes it existance to volcano emissions and all the food grown there comes from volcanic soils.

volcanology.geol.ucsb.edu...

Soils from Volcanoes
Why do people live on dangerous volcanoes? The main reason is the rich volcanic soil. People are willing to take high-risk gambles for the most basic things of life -- especially food.
Close to an erupting volcano the short-term destruction by pyroclastic flows, heavy falls of ash, and lava flows can be complete, the extent of the damage depending upon the eruption magnitude. Crops, forests, orchards, and animals grazing or browsing on the volcano's slopes or surrounding lowland can be leveled or buried. But that is the short-term effect. In the long run, volcanic deposits can develop into some of the richest agricultural lands on earth.

One example of the effect of volcanoes on agricultural lands is in Italy. Except for the volcanic region around Naples, farming in southern Italy is exceedingly difficult because limestone forms the basement rock and the soil is generally quite poor. But the region around Naples, which includes Mount Vesuvius, is very rich mainly because of two large eruptions 35,000 and 12000 years ago that left the region blanketed with very thick deposits of tephra which has since weathered to rich soils. Part of this area includes Mount Vesuvius. The region has been intensively cultivated since before the birth of Christ. The land is planted with vines, vegetables, or flowers. Every square foot of this rich soil is used. For example, even a small vineyard will have, in addition to grapes and spring beans on the trellises, fava beans, cauliflower and onions between the trellis rows, and the vineyard margin rimmed with orange and lemon trees, herbs, and flowers. It also is a huge tomato growing region.

When one travels one finds the appreciation of agriculture for volcanic soils, as it puts back the minerals essential for plants and agriculture. Just as cities grew up around River Culture Agriculture, so did other areas grow up around volcanic soil agriculture to overcome and bad limestone soil effects that don't grow much.

Today, most of the soils of the US are so depleted of essential minerals the food value is low. But a few organic growers add back things like rock dusts that renew the soild of valuable trace minerals that volcanic processes did, and also some river cultures.

In the area of Israel and Phonecia a mineral we call Boron was important for plants growing and helped make the area of Mt. Carmel the Vinyard of the gods. Boron is essential for plants healthy growth and there is an area of Israel that is loaded with Boron content in the water and soils that grew grapes that made wine and provided health effects due to the mineral content.

Things like tea only grow well on volcanic soils, and the issue of green tea being healthy comes from this soil and mineral association that results in green teas health giving effect.

Volcanic soils are highly significant for good agriculture and were the next step in human food growth process going beyond river culture agriculture methods of the Fertile Crescent and then to Egypt's Nile Delta, from whch the Hebrews lived and left via Exodus.

Exodus took them from the river culture agriculture methods and into the world of volcanic derived plant cultivation supplied by the rich content of essential trace minerals provided by weathered volcanic soils. Such is part of the agriculture sciences that Jethro taught Moses.

Italy became the best example of humans seeking volcanos to grow healty food that was rich in trace minerals that provided for abundant health and longevity in humans.

edit on 8-7-2012 by MagnumOpus because: Failure to know volcanic agriculture sciences due to failure to read more than one book of ignorance

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 08:13 AM
link   
reply to post by MagnumOpus

Thank you for sharing this info. It was a very interesting read, and makes a bit more more sense in the broader picture of ancient peoples.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Klassified
reply to post by MagnumOpus

Thank you for sharing this info. It was a very interesting read, and makes a bit more more sense in the broader picture of ancient peoples.

You are welcome and I am pleased to see you read and found the information and associations useful. Volcano science is rather important for the renewal of the food chains mineralization and why certain regions make more valuable foods than others, or are more profitable than others. For instance, areas of Indonesia are volcanic soils and the rice grown there is considered far more nutritious than rice from other areas.

There are other associations to nearby New Zealand and both of these are the Pacific Ring of Fire effects on food agriculture:

volcanology.geol.ucsb.edu...

The verdant splendor and fertility of many farmlands of the North Island of New Zealand are on volcanic soils of different ages. Volcanic loams have developed on older (4,000 and 40,000 years old) volcanic ash deposits of the Waikato and Bay of Plenty regions. Combined with ample rainfall, warm summers, and mild winters, these regions produce abundant crops, including the kiwifruit found around the world in modern recipes. The altered volcanic ashes are well-drained, yet hold water for plants, and are easily tilled. Deep volcanic loams are particularly good for pasture growth (there is a large New Zealand dairy industry), horticulture, and maize.

Life-forms on the Earth's surface exist primarily by consent of nature's partnership -- heat from the sun, and nutrients from rocks that have been decomposed and recombined into soluble molecules by chemical reactions with moisture and gases such as carbon dioxide from the atmosphere. The process is known as "chemical weathering." Chemical interactions of the atmosphere with rock release key elements from rock-forming minerals which are then accessible to growing things. Volcanic rocks make some of the best soils on earth because they not only have a wide variety of common elements the rock and are readily chemically separated into elemental components.

After the Mount St. Helens eruption in 1980, people who were living downwind from the eruption were concerned that the ash that fell would be detrimental to the agricultural farmlands of eastern Washington. This concern was countered by a group of knowledgeble earth scientists. Volcanic ash can be considered as a time-release capsule, rich in nutrients.

The Hawaii Volcanoes have some that are strato-volcanoes that have snow year round and folks snow ski there year round, and can drive down the volcanoe in about an hour to go surfing and water skiiing. The Volcanoes of Hawaii actually make the weather on one side of the island different that the other side, One side will be a lush tripical forest and the other a near desert. This comes partly from the volcanic emissions of polar acids that seed water aerosols from the water vapor in the air to induce rain and partly from the high Mtn effects and cool air. These same environmental effects also happened around Moses Mtn. as the air emissions would make rain issues when it was active. And the area of Midian was one much more agricultural. And we see when these effects subsided, some 40 years later, they move north to Israel. So, there is a lot of volcanic science in the Bible story, ones that few ill read vapid Christians connect.

There is a lot to notice on the effects of active and inactive volcanic effects of strato volcanoes, and tons of people visit the displays of nature at the Hawaii volcanoes.

The most interesting is the Noah's ark Mtn is a volcano called Mt. Ararat, which I think is the largest land mass and tallest volcano in the world today. It is located in Eastern Turkey where its emissions affected the "fertile cresent" area of the Tigress and Euphrates and what was the Garden of Eden. The Eastern side of Turkey has the richest Boron deposits in the world and these deposites are connected with the Vinyard of the gods at Mt. Carmel and the very high Boron in the Jordan River. John the Baptist took interest in the Jordan Water.

Boron is an essential mineral for growing grapes and vineyards and wineries only do well in areas with boron rich soils. In the US, this only happens in California in the region of the Nappa Valley and Boron, California where the 2nd largest boron deposit is located. Again we find in interesting Rift or Fault Zone nearby.

The ancient pre-OT folks knew a lot about agriculture, and Boron appears one of the big secrets and the Lord's Supper is tied to grapes/wine and the grains, which also grow well in boron soils of the Israel region. Even today we see folks that have a couple glasses of wine a day suffere less heart diseases and it is connected to boron and flavanoids.

We can also bring up the green tea or tea trees only do well in volcanic soils, and again the soil's minerals are the key. Green tea is best because the darker leaves pick up too much fluoride minerals from the volcanic soils and this harms health and longevity. There is a huge agricultural science to volcanic soils and essential trace minerals that help health and longevity. Boron, interesting, removes fluorine from the body, and that is a very important trace mineral effect.

In terms of the old history, what is called the Fertile Crescent is on one side highly associated with Volcanic emissions of Mt. Ararat and on the other side by nature's deposits of huge amounts of boron and both effects drive plant agriculture and health and longevity issues. The Fertile Crescent is made fertile by these combined effects. Some suggest this Crescent is part of the Ark of the Covenant going back to Abraham and Ur

Even the science art of alchemy was driven by wine making and later by beer making to make a health elixor, as grapes were high in boron and thus wine, and grains are high in boron and thus beer. The term alcohol was derived from the parent term alchemy, or the sciences of the Egyptians.

Volcanoes also introduced man to acids and there were several, from sulfuric acid, hydrochloric, to hydrogen fluoride acid, which is so dangerous it is like a chemical warfare agent. Hydrogen Fluoride run off from active volcanoes kill wildlife for hundreds of miles distant from the Eruptions, and depending on the areas, some are worse than others for HF effects. It was these special effects of volcanic chemical warfare agent gases that lent Moses many of the techniques to gain Exodus from the area of Goshen, or the Nile Delta and the Egyptian Bread Basket area for the Pharohs. Egyptian alchemical magic, as well as Jetho's Volcanic Alchemy, knew these methods of making poison gas and other things to poison rivers and wage war on Egypt. By far their most powerful effect was the Rift and Volcanic effects near Midian that the Egytians would not come near, but one that Moses worshiped.

One can go back to the times of early Egypt and find a god called Ptah, who wore a blue head covering. Ptah as a god stems from the Ancient Sumerian area of the Fertile Crescent. Blue was the color for the Creator gods of Sumeria and the ones that did the human breeding experiments told metaphorically by the story of Adam and Eve. The color blue was on the tower of Bablon due to this same liniage of Nimrod from these decendants, and the same theme is linked to the blue background colors of depictions for the virgin mary and the issues of what was Holy.

One can learn a lot from those interested in gold, as the volcanic emissions also tend to pool up gold deposits and many gold mines are connected with rift and volcanic emission areas. Then, as one makes these associations the real history for humans and Earth becomes more apparent, but never to the closed minded Christians that don't want to learn anything significant or know sciences.

edit on 8-7-2012 by MagnumOpus because: Finding the science behind religion, the treasure of the Fertile Crescent, and the Lord's Supper's Nutrition.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Mr Foghorn can't even spell "Psalms." FAIL

"Pslams" - what is that, some new menu item at Denny's???

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by adjensen

It's hard to argue with someone who has their mind made up, especially on how to interpret something like the Bible.

Eisegesis, why the OP believes God is a volcano, is the same reason people think aliens are God. And, from their point of view, it's the same reason we think God is Himself. You can read this same passage with the idea that God is an alien, and this rock is a spacecraft. Or, like the OP, you can read it as God being a volcano. It's all a matter of perspective, and it's not really worth arguing over if the argument ends up being a stumbling block for someone else.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lazarus Short

Such a whiner. We all understood the meaning, as the top line of the posting got it right. A mere Type-O.
edit on 8-7-2012 by MagnumOpus because: Whiner time

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by MagnumOpus

Such a whiner. We all understood the meaning, as the top line of the posting got it right. A mere Type-O.

No, I'm type A.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   

No, I'm type A.

O negative here.

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Good to see you claim to be a Zero. Negative of any real substance too. .

Don't think anyone would dare contest your self assessment.

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Good to see you claim to be a Zero. Negative of any real substance too. .

Don't think anyone would dare contest your self assessment.

Whew that's good news. I don't want to be challenged on the intranetwebz,.. scary times.

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Now that you have firmly ageed to your Personality Type.

We must conclude you have nothing of value to contribute.

Or you being your usual self in jumping off the topic and trying to detail the discussions.

Either way, it still deserves a rating of Zero and a highly negative assessment of your contribution.

Thus, recall the ATS rules on little two word comments that are of no value to discussions. It is clear you just can't read the ATS rules and refuse to comply. Stick to the theme subject is also one of the rules, and stop the passive aggressive games with derailing themes with your nonsense.
edit on 9-7-2012 by MagnumOpus because: Non-Constructive two word diatribes don't support the theme or the ATS rules

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Now that you have firmly ageed to your Personality type..

O negative is actually a blood type Sherlock Holmes.

edit on 9-7-2012 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join