It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Teen claims video shows UFO over New Freedom 7/5/12

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 06:29 AM
link   

NEW FREEDOM, Pa. (WHTM) -
A York County teen says he saw something that can't be explained while he was at the New Freedom carnival Thursday night.

Alex Martin says he saw two bright orange lights, whipped out his cell phone and recorded it, then posted the video on YouTube. He's convinced his dark and grainy video is evidence of UFO's.

"It wasn't like coming over the trees or anything, it just appeared right there in the sky," he said.

Alex is 19, a physics major at Duquesne University, and an Eagle Scout who loves astronomy and science fiction. He wrote his first sci-fi novel at 15 and, yes, he wrote about aliens.

New Freedom UFO 7-5-12 With Video

I stumbled accross this and thought I would bring it to the attention of ATS. I personally don't usually buy in to the UFO stuff, because most of them are hoaxes or can be easily explained. I do however have one instance of seeing a UFO many years ago over Columbus OH. I don't know if what I saw had anything to do with aliens or not, but it definately wasn't a plane.

I think that this is probably a video of somebody lighting off fireworks that he happened to catch. What do you think?

I can't get this link to work, maybe somebody can help?!?
edit on 7/7/2012 by SUICIDEHK45 because: Cant get link to work

edit on 7/7/2012 by 12m8keall2c because: fixed source link

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 06:31 AM
link   
The links doesn't work.

Could you fix it please?

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 06:36 AM
link   
I can't figure out why this link isn't working. If someone could help that would be great. I have never had this problem before.WTF WHY WON'T THIS WORK???

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 06:36 AM
link   
reply to post by SUICIDEHK45

ats is for some reason censoring the url.

www.abc...##.###/story/18968084/teen-claims-video-shows-ufo-over-new-freedom

should be www . abc27 . com / story / 18968084 / etc.. it's hashing the numbers.

this I don't get.

But I've seen the video, and he may as well be posting "AMAZING FOOTAGE!! UFO PROOF" and then giving us a run of the mill dot in the sky video..

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 06:39 AM
link   
Teen claims video shows UFO over New Freedom

Here ya go.

Edit: Isn't working either. Type "abc.com teen ufo 7 5 2012" into Google, first hit.

edit on 7-7-2012 by Danowski because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 06:39 AM
link   
Double Post sorry.
edit on 7-7-2012 by Danowski because: double post

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 06:48 AM
link   
Here's a screen capture of the video -- if we can't link it then resort to other means. Youtube may tell it to be taken down for god knows whatever reason, but still.. if they do, I'll post it elsewhere.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 07:00 AM
link   
Here's the video on youtube...

Don't know why abc ##.### would be banned here?

edit on 7/7/12 by Chadwickus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 07:01 AM
link   
reply to post by mainidh

Wait, but where is the ufo?

That has to be the worst "proof" I've ever seen!

That's no reflection on you btw, I know you didn't post it, thanks for the link.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 07:02 AM
link   
Sounds/looks like ball lightning.

I saw my first ball lightning the other day, and it was fantastic!
I tried to film it, but I can never ever film anything in the skies, no matter how big it is.

Thats why I ask, how can he film something with that Phone?
Really, I have now tried 3 times to record it, but I simply don't care anymore.

My phone is never ever strong enough to film objects in the skies.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 07:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by mee30
reply to post by mainidh

Wait, but where is the ufo?

That has to be the worst "proof" I've ever seen!

That's no reflection on you btw, I know you didn't post it, thanks for the link.

Lol I know -- But I had to do it. I'm a sucker that way. This evidence is like .. uhh wahh? -- professor farnsworth impression there.

Chad you cad, how did you find it, I looked on teh toob and couldn't find it.. woulda saved my time if I had lol..

cheers!

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 08:05 AM
link   
"proof of otherworldly life"? dots taped with a mobile phone?
There are much better things out there.
Also we realized that he wrote a book. Weak PR campaign if you ask me.
edit on 7-7-2012 by easy12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 08:39 AM
link   
I have no idea what he saw, but two bright lights could be planes with landing lights heading toward him. They would appear to hover for a while because they would be flying toward the observer. They intensity of the light could be affected by the haze and humidity that was in the air in that part of Pennsylvania on July 5th, thus making them a bit of a flashing look.

I'm not saying that's definitely what it was, but two lit-up dots in the night sky could have a mundane explanation.

edit on 7/7/2012 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join