It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Occupiers Celebrate 4th of July by…Burning American Flags and Vandalizing Police Property

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

As Kali pointed out, Black Bloc isn’t a group….it’s a tactic used by some within the Occupy movement! You people can no longer deflect blame for the atrocities that occur at almost EVERY Occupy rally! Stop lying and OWN IT!! Occupy is doing these things….not the mythical Black Bloc!

Well thank-you for revealing your hand and discrediting yourself. It's now quite obvious to everyone how you twist what people say to suit your needs and you do seem to have a very pathological need to malign things you don't understand or disagree with. I find it is you and people like you that are the biggest underlying problem with America. You thrive on hate, fear, and being told how to think.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Everyone says these folks are un-American, I say being pissed off and carrying out symbolic acts such as burning the flag are as american as you can get. Remember this thing called the revolutionary war and the boston tea party?

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   
more power to them... the oligarchs, banker class/elites, globalists have trashed the Flag And the Constitution...bu they did it in a diabolical way, buying the allegience of the congress and the allegiences of both Øbama and Romney to the tune of $300 million each to their political campaigns (this year 2012)....

as far as trashing police equipment... the newly formed 'Militarized' Police Units that are gaining spying authority with cameras & drones by this same cadre of globalist-fascist-corporatist power hungry elitists, to control and punish the rebels within the masses....
replacing what had been a community minded Police-Forceis a worse situation than a handful of OWS protestors overturning the vehicles of this neo-Gestapo Force created by the oligarchs & Banksters to assure their safety & survival

Police-State Amerika.... exactly what the Reverend Wright, Obamas' philosophical mentor for +20 years was revelling against in the 1960's Weather Underground Movement.... see how power corrupts !

the outrage is being misplaced on the OWS...it should be against the methodical destroyers of the American Way of Life... wall street/repubs-dems in sheeps clothng/the elitists & globalists & monied banksters

see: news.goldseek.com...

for back up of my position
edit on 7-7-2012 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-7-2012 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

I always took burning the flag as a statement suggesting that the person doing it felt America was being destroyed by whatever the person is against. As far as vandalizing police property goes, it's about time someone ripped their belongings to shreads and then walked away chuckling.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by jacobe001

Are you in support of the wars that have taken place and more to come that the criminal cockroaches in our government are behind?

I support the US going to war ONLY IF it is approved by congress.

In a few of the Iran threads, you were in complete support of us having them surrounded and ok with attacking them should they defend themselves.

I do support our presence overseas but I have never advocated US attacking Iran. I HAVE said Iran needs to be stopped and we should get the hell out of Israel’s way should they choose to do so.

That’s a far cry from the claim you made that I ‘support violence when it comes to our military killing people’, sir. You know that or you would have quoted me to prove your point.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   
OH LOOK AT THE POOR LITTLE IDIOTS...................
THEY SHOULD STAND NEXT TO THE PAULTARDS.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

It's now quite obvious to everyone how you twist what people say to suit your needs and you do seem to have a very pathological need to malign things you don't understand or disagree with.

Nice try!

You slipped up and I called you on it! Black Bloc is nothing but a scapegoat for OWS to conduct violent, destructive operations. You said yourself that black bloc isn’t a group, it’s a tactic.

I didn’t twist your words! It’s a tactic used by WHOM?????? THAT’S RIGHT…OCCUPY!!! You can't hide behind them anymore because they do not exist as a group....they are simply Occupy members in black clothes!

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   
The flag represent liberty, freedom, America.

I can understand people who don't like those things will burn the flag. For what it represents.

I cherish the flag for the ideals that it represents. Not the ninnies in DC.

That's what confuses me about any American who would burn the flag. For I see them as people who don't want freedom, liberty.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Two words: Agent Provocateur(s).

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   
I'm surprised people are mad at the Occupiers.

To be an American, means to be a revolutionary. (re-read history)

Evil Monster Corporations vs broken glass and burnt flags.....

Which has done more damage to this country?

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   
I bet you couldn't walk a mile in their shoes. You sound like a propaganda machine. Our countries government has already shredded the constitution. They are just trying to make you aware of it. It is a message, and a warning.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

your missing the entire POINT and objective of Occupy Movement... your country is a LIE, your government is a LIE, your foundation as a nation is a complete and decieving LIE.

burn every flag, destroy all religions, crumble all walls that divide, take down all corperations which manipulate, and most important bring light on the dark governments of the world.

the Occupy movement is about truth. those who oppose it are content with living the lie their nation and dark governments have set for them since birth. What is a flag to our spirits?? What is a government to our free will ?? what is religion to our true self ??

I wouldnt mind takng all country flags of the world and burning them.. symbolism that we need to destroy the divide and conquor plan which elite entities have been planning for centuries. a flag represents a nation.. not its people. The system is corrupt, always has beeen always will be.. this SYSTEM WAS BUILT TO FAIL FROM THE BEGINNING.. and within the next decade we will all see the death of the world as we understand and know it. 2012 marks a checkpoint.. not destruction of a planet, but destruction of a paradigm and old ways by men.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by LoveisanArt
reply to post by seabag

your missing the entire POINT and objective of Occupy Movement... your country is a LIE, your government is a LIE, your foundation as a nation is a complete and decieving LIE.

burn every flag, destroy all religions, crumble all walls that divide, take down all corperations which manipulate, and most important bring light on the dark governments of the world.

the Occupy movement is about truth. those who oppose it are content with living the lie their nation and dark governments have set for them since birth. What is a flag to our spirits?? What is a government to our free will ?? what is religion to our true self ??

I wouldnt mind takng all country flags of the world and burning them.. symbolism that we need to destroy the divide and conquor plan which elite entities have been planning for centuries. a flag represents a nation.. not its people. The system is corrupt, always has beeen always will be.. this SYSTEM WAS BUILT TO FAIL FROM THE BEGINNING.. and within the next decade we will all see the death of the world as we understand and know it. 2012 marks a checkpoint.. not destruction of a planet, but destruction of a paradigm and old ways by men.

Is THIS the true voice of Occupy?

Tell me, would I be allowed to keep my house, my money, my posessions in your new world?

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Maybe I'm wrong about your intent and you just need it broken down into smaller more easily digestible blocks.

Black bloc is a tactic developed by protesters to maintain their anonymity (that means they hide their identity).

Black block is also used to show unity.

Black bloc is also used as a defensive front line.

Protesters all over the world employ this including Occupiers.

However, some "anarchists" use Black bloc to vandalize. In Oakland this caused a split in Occupy Oakland, those wanting to commit property destruction and those that wanted to hold to the original values and methods of Occupy. The former would be Bay of Rage, the latter kept Occupy Oakland.

I don't know if the vandalism on the fourth in Oakland was Bay of Rage or not but I know it wasn't Occupy Oakland because that split would never have happened otherwise. Logic is nice.

Now are you going to stop being obtuse or do you enjoy being treated like a child?

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

But don't you see how Black bloc can now be used as a scapegoat for ANY malfeasence?

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

And don't you see how it can be used to discredit or worse a peaceful movement?

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

The American Revolutionaries had no problem torturing, attempting to murder, vandalizing and destroying businesses if an individual held a different point of view.

They would tar and feather loyalists giving them severe burns, after that they'd burn their house down. Revs were not all peaches and cream fantasy heroes you have in your head. A lot were barbaric elitist assholes.

1775 In Savannah, members of the Sons of Liberty seized loyalist John Hopkins from his house and publicly tarred and feathered him, then took him on a cart through the streets of Savannah for three hours.

During the time they carted me to the Liberty Tree and there swore they would hang me. Bunner said he was rather fat but he would go up the tree and hang me. Bunner further said that unless I would drink "Damnation to all Tories and success to American Liberty!" I should be hung immediately, which request I was obliged to comply with. They continued to abuse me, gave me a great deal of ill language and upbraided me with my conduct. some on or other said that if they could lay hold of the parson they would put him along side of me in the cart.

georgiainfo.galileo.usg.edu...

In the spring of 1766 Captain William Smith came under suspicion as an informer of American smuggling activities. He experienced first hand the tar and feather. In retribution, John Gilchrist, a Norfolk merchant and shipbuilder and several accomplices captured Smith and, as he reported, "dawbed my body and face all over with tar and afterwards threw feathers on me." Smith's assailants, which included the mayor of Norfolk, then carted him "through every street in town," and threw him into the sea. Fortunately, Smith was rescued by a passing boat just as he was "sinking, being able to swim no longer." This may have been the first tarring and feathering in America.

The Gaspée Affair was a significant event in the lead-up to the American Revolution. HMS Gaspée,[1] a British customs schooner that had been enforcing unpopular trade regulations, ran aground in shallow water on June 9, 1772, near what is now known as Gaspee Point in the city of Warwick, Rhode Island, while chasing the packet boat Hannah.[2] In a notorious act of defiance, a group of men led by Abraham Whipple and John Brown attacked, boarded, looted, and torched the ship

At the break of dawn on June 10, they boarded the ship. The crew put up a feeble resistance, Lieutenant Dudingston was shot and wounded, and the vessel burned to the waterline. The man who fired the shot was Joseph Bucklin:

en.wikipedia.org...

They would have tar and feathered you real good. You would be repeating loyalist talking points like you recite Rush Limbaughs thinking you sound intelligent.

edit on 7-7-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kali74
reply to post by beezzer

And don't you see how it can be used to discredit or worse a peaceful movement?

Absolutely!

That's why we came down HARD on any person or group that tried to manipulate our Tea Party rallys.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

And how did you go about doing that?

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabag
reply to post by Kali74

It's now quite obvious to everyone how you twist what people say to suit your needs and you do seem to have a very pathological need to malign things you don't understand or disagree with.

Nice try!

You slipped up and I called you on it! Black Bloc is nothing but a scapegoat for OWS to conduct violent, destructive operations. You said yourself that black bloc isn’t a group, it’s a tactic.

I didn’t twist your words! It’s a tactic used by WHOM?????? THAT’S RIGHT…OCCUPY!!! You can't hide behind them anymore because they do not exist as a group....they are simply Occupy members in black clothes!

to be occupy,
you must frist PEACEFULLY ASSEMBLE FOR THE REDRESS OF GREVENCES
IE

ANYONE BREAKING STUFF IS NOT AN OCCUPIER

you are so disingeniuos that you pretent you cant perceive that wall street would love to dicredit ows,
like your trying to do right now

and money buys agent provocatures

do the math stop spreading lies

xploder

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join