It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Occupiers Celebrate 4th of July by…Burning American Flags and Vandalizing Police Property

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+9 more 
posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   
How can anybody honestly say that OWS shares the ideals of most Americans? How can these ‘people’ at OWS claim to be reclaiming our country while they openly disrespect our country’s history? In a not-so-shocking display of anti-US hatred, OWS in Oakland, Ca. celebrated the 4th of July by burning American flags and vandalizing property once again.

pic removed (T&C)

Sgt. Roland Holmgren said protesters painted “kill cops” on a door at police headquarters and similar messages at City Hall, the police Internal Affairs Division near City Hall, a clothing store, hotel and a bank.

Protesters also spray-painted a patrol car parked near Seventh and Washington streets, punctured one of its tires and broke a window, Holmgren said. The garbage bin was set ablaze near 11th and Clay streets.
li nk

OWS represents everything wrong with America; greed, selfishness, violence, disrespect, hatred, fanaticism, immorality, etc. This group is a bunch of wannabe Marxist revolutionaries whose ranks are filled from the armpits of our society IMO.

The party is over, OWS! You’ve exposed yourself as the un-American gang of miscreants that I’ve always known you were. People in Oakland have had enough! People across the country have had enough. You can no longer hide behind the claim that ‘black bloc’ are the violent ones because by this time you would have removed them from your ranks. You own their actions….YOU ARE their actions!!

The people have had enough of your disgraceful BS. It's time you stop the madness and help us get on with fixing the problems in this country rather than further destroying it for future generations.

edit on 6-7-2012 by seabag because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   
I was in love with certain aspects the of the original OWS movement... and still am, if it would work the way it was intended. I love that we are free to express our displeasure.

However, I think the original movement has been tainted with folks that only want to start riots, inflame people, offend people, and try to get everything for absolutely nothing. They have successfully made sure that they will get no further than they have by allowing these folks into their ranks IMO.

They have the right to do what they are doing and the police have the right to stop them when they cross the line. These kids long for a "Woodstock" situation, but are misguided on how to bring it about I feel.

+13 more 
posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   
I say more power to them. The only way to wake up the masses is by extreme acts like this one. If they feel so inclined to burn flags and protest its their right to do so. This is just YOUR opinion. No facts present.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Can't say that I'm surprised by this.

I haven't had much to say on OWS as of late. I've been waiting for it to pan out. The 4th of July is just another example of how anti-American these people really are.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Kangaruex4Ewe

was in love with certain aspects the of the original OWS movement... and still am, if it would work the way it was intended. I love that we are free to express our displeasure.

However, I think the original movement has been tainted with folks that only want to start riots, inflame people, offend people, and try to get everything for absolutely nothing. They have successfully made sure that they will get no further than they have by allowing these folks into their ranks IMO.

They have the right to do what they are doing and the police have the right to stop them when they cross the line. These kids long for a "Woodstock" situation, but are misguided on how to bring it about I feel.

Well said….I agree with your sentiments. What was once a righteous movement has now devolved into anarchy.

Most of the rational people have left this movement and agree that this BS needs to stop. What good do any of the recent OWS outbursts serve?

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

S & F

I'm sure there will be some who will come along and state the unofficial line of..

"those few don't represent the whole" Yet, they normally don't express their outrage or frustration over the things that are done in OWS's name....

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Xavier85

I say more power to them. The only way to wake up the masses is by extreme acts like this one. If they feel so inclined to burn flags and protest its their right to do so. This is just YOUR opinion. No facts present.

You don’t wake someone up by setting them on fire!!

OWS is waking people up…and they are not happy with what they see.

Burning flags is a 'right' - That doesn’t 'make it right', especially from a movement that supposedly wants to remake America. What would America look like if these inmates were running the asylum?

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabag
reply to post by Kangaruex4Ewe

was in love with certain aspects the of the original OWS movement... and still am, if it would work the way it was intended. I love that we are free to express our displeasure.

Well said….I agree with your sentiments. What was once a righteous movement has now devolved into anarchy.

Most of the rational people have left this movement and agree that this BS needs to stop. What good do any of the recent OWS outbursts serve?

They do no good at all. I can not respect anyone who stands behind folks like this. They claim to want everything better, yet they act in such a way that even the citizens who once supported them are scared to get in their way.

If I join a movement for the betterment of ANYTHING... thinking I can achieve my goal by making it so much worse doesn't make sense to me at all.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   
That flag has been through quite a lot it seems:

Five Points of Fellowship

Who knows, maybe those kids saw the link above - and took it the wrong way, when they found out they would become slaves to corporations for the rest of their lives.

Strange business these days.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   
I agree that the 'message' was lost if there ever was such a thing... They may seem 'un-american' to you, but what exactly does it mean to be 'american' anyhow? The boston tea party was a violent display of protest that went too far in the eyes of some, but did create actual change.

You don’t wake someone up by setting them on fire!!

OWS is waking people up…and they are not happy with what they see.

Burning flags is a 'right' - That doesn’t 'make it right', especially from a movement that supposedly wants to remake America. What would America look like if these inmates were running the asylum?

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

The funniest thing is the guys in all black wearing Guy Fawkes masks holding peace signs while the flags are burning and the bottles are flying 20 ft away!

OWS is a walking contradiction!

New OWS theme song!

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Well if they dont like it then they should get a one way cruise 20 miles into international waters give em a little boat a bottle of water and wish them the best of luck. Burn my flag in my hood and i`ll shoot you bottom line. Risk my ass fighting for snotrags like this makes me sick to my stomach.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   

I agree that the 'message' was lost if there ever was such a thing... They may seem 'un-american' to you, but what exactly does it mean to be 'american' anyhow?

Excuse me?

What part of saying “Kill Cops” is a 'pro-American' quality?

What part of burning the American flag is ‘pro-American’? I understand it’s protected under the First Amendment but that doesn’t make it patriotic or pro-American, now does it?

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by StratosFear
Well if they dont like it then they should get a one way cruise 20 miles into international waters give em a little boat a bottle of water and wish them the best of luck. Burn my flag in my hood and i`ll shoot you bottom line. Risk my ass fighting for snotrags like this makes me sick to my stomach.

Thank you for your service.

I think along the same lines as you. I'm pretty sure Chavez has enough room for a few folks over there.

edit on 7/6/2012 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   
What does it mean to be "Pro-American" in a day such as this?

I am Pro-The-Land-I-Live-In --- I am pro freedom of speech. Pro love, and full freedom as long as it does not directly harm another human being.

What has been happening to America, is that to challenge Imperialism and Slavery has turned from Un-American to Terrorism.

Good luck.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   
I cant help but think... What would a 'peaceful protest look like these days? Maybe they should take a page from Martin Luther King Jr. or Gandhi. That was the image projected by the left wing media soon after OWS started. But patience wears thin and these guys feel the need to take action instead of peaceful protest. I don't even know how we could apply such a thing in the face or teargas and AR-15s. They are driven by the fear mongering that the media has projected into the masses subconscious.

reply to post by seabag

edit on 6-7-2012 by Xavier85 because: Typo

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by ThinkingCap

What does it mean to be "Pro-American" in a day such as this?

It means the same thing today as it’s always meant. It means you love your country and the symbol of our freedom (the flag) and you fight to preserve the ideals that made our country great. I understand there are many things wrong with the country today but the country isn’t a political party, a political ideology, a POTUS, a certain law you disagree with; the country is the American people and our heritage!! Burning a symbol of our country isn’t pro-American by any standard! Anybody who would do so certainly isn’t working towards restoring America to our former greatness.

This is an example of UN-AMERICAN!

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   

The people have had enough of your disgraceful BS.

I am wondering if these ows protesters feel the same way about those that acquiesce.

It's time you stop the madness and help us get on with fixing the problems in this country.

Just out of curiosity, how exactly would you prefer these ows protesters help you fix the problems of your country? What have you been doing yourself as of late to help fix the problems of your country?

Please do not say you have been making message board post so that the internetzwebzworldz can become aware of the issues of the world

rather than further destroying it for future generations.

Do anything and it is a destructive action for future generations. Do nothing and it is a destructive action for future generations.

Seems your country along with most of the world are in a lose lose situation here.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Who says these 'cops' are good guys? All I see is a big group of lawless thugs running around with a badge in the name of good doing for America? Come on, these pigs are no more American then the protesters.

I agree that the 'message' was lost if there ever was such a thing... They may seem 'un-american' to you, but what exactly does it mean to be 'american' anyhow?

Excuse me?

What part of saying “Kill Cops” is a 'pro-American' quality?

What part of burning the American flag is ‘pro-American’? I understand it’s protected under the First Amendment but that doesn’t make it patriotic or pro-American, now does it?

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   

I cant help but think... What would a 'peaceful protest look like these days?

I’m glad you asked…allow me to share a few Tea Party PEACEFUL protest pictures with you so you can see such a thing is possible.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join