It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Occupiers Celebrate 4th of July by…Burning American Flags and Vandalizing Police Property

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   
At the end of the day there are always going to be rabble rousers and jackasses involved with any movement. I am no fan of occupy, I think most are misguided and trying to be trendy but the reality seems to be that aside from the occasional fecal deposit and smashed windows they have done a fairly good job remaining civil. I'm in no way excusing all, but I'm also not going to say that I believe even a slight majority are out for violence and destruction.

I must admit that I am rather impressed with Kali for so doggedly and politely responding to these threads. I still get to hate everything she(?) says though

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kali74

Critics can conduct their protest movements as they see fit, we will with ours.

Looks like the Boston Occupy Movement isnt the Norm, Kali............

Looks like the Police are not the Bad guys, either.............

Police said they used three trucks to help Occupy members move their belongings. Following the completion of Rousseff's visit, the protesters will be allowed to return to their previous locations outside the State House. State police spokesman David Procopio said the protesters were relocated at the request of the U.S. Secret Service and that they complied with the request peacefully.

Occupy Protesters Moved For Brazilian President Mass. State Police Help Demonstrators Move Belongings

Not so much, in Oakland.........

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

So you are saying that protesters from the left that are protesting Obama don't love their country? Don't have jobs? Shouldn't exercise their rights? There is NO logic there my friend. Only blind, manipulated thinking. That's either ignorance or willful manipulation.

You're not comprehending what I said so I'll repeat it. Their reason to protest (and right to protest) isn't in dispute; their methods are. You're trying to gloss over the violence and lawlessness.  

And yes, people who assault police officers, burn trash cans, defecate on police cars, break window and destroy property in protest don't appear to love their country. Would you do those things to people or things you love??

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1

I must admit that I am rather impressed with Kali for so doggedly and politely responding to these threads. I still get to hate everything she(?) says though

Kali is an awesome Poster, and loves her Country.
I wish their were more like her, actually.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by StratosFear
Well if they dont like it then they should get a one way cruise 20 miles into international waters give em a little boat a bottle of water and wish them the best of luck. Burn my flag in my hood and i`ll shoot you bottom line. Risk my ass fighting for snotrags like this makes me sick to my stomach.

I'm a vet also and I think these people have every right to express their views no matter how much I dislike it. If you are a vet then that is what you were fighting for not just the things you approve of. If you want to start taking away rights from people just because you don't like it then maybe you should just catch the boat yourself.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

Kali is an awesome Poster, and loves her Country. I wish their were more like her, actually.

Agreed on both counts. Find her to be very classy. One of the ones I find myself disagreeing with on a regular basis and also starring. Probably one of the few people that has ever legitimately changed my opinion on something, especially online.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 08:45 PM
link   
ohh ohh,,

in case not yet added,,

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

You have the right to disagree with me and with Occupy, I can respect that. But you don't need to disagree by propagating lies and mis/disinformation, you are choosing to disagree with us that way and I can't respect that.

Pot...meet kettle!

You defend Occupy with lies and disinformation. You absolutely refuse to let occupy take rightful ownership of anything negative they've done. You downplay their destructive behavior and try to paint them in a perfect light. 

You're entitled to your opinion but stop with the self-righteous lectures. I know what I see from Occupy and I'm not alone.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Occupy is a national disgrace. It's now most definitely a criminal organization that should be prosecuted to the full extent of the law. They are a very scary and dangerous element in society, and violent. Property destruction has no place in our society, regardless of the cause.

I fear for the day when this anarchy grows to such an extent that total societal breakdown occurs and violence breaks out on a national level. This is what happens when you remove morality, religion, and God from the classroom and the culture. The society quickly becomes a group of raving lunatics with no qualms about violence and property destruction.

Whatever happened to the Ten Commandments? Thou Shalt Not Steal? Thou Shalt Not Covet Thy Neighbor's Goods? Occupy is a sad state of affairs,and a sad commentary on how degenerate our society has become. God is watching, shaking his head, and holding back is wrath and fury on these people.

Someone should round up these people and take them to Sunday Bible School.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by CookieMonster09

Someone should round up these people and take them to Sunday Bible School.

I find that prospect more disturbing than some broken windows and poo on the hood of a Crown Vic.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

They are destroying the flag because it's associated with the regime that's gotten them(all of us) into trouble. I may not agree it's the best image, because the flag is still held very high by many who are not for the regime, but I understand the symbolism.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 09:32 PM
link   
ITT: The wanted media view of these protesters...much like what was done with the "hippie" movement. Classify these people as fringe and allow the disconnect with the "average" American set in.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Did you even watch the vids where protesters did try to stop the vandalism?
Probably not. There's a clear separation between Occupy and the vandals, but you'd rather continue with your hatred. All hope at discussion is lost with you, it's right in front of your eyes and you refuse see it.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xavier85
I say more power to them. The only way to wake up the masses is by extreme acts like this one. If they feel so inclined to burn flags and protest its their right to do so. This is just YOUR opinion. No facts present.

Damn right. We have the US troops overseas committing act of violence that are so, so much worse, and where is the outrage over that? Americans need to have their house on fire set by the police before they wake the hell up?

The police have been caught going into people's houses and shooting their dogs, over suspected substances in the house. Where's the outrage? So they get messages painted on the doors! Wow, that really hurts! Ouch!

Did any INNOCENT police officers get killed?? Any innocent police officers get tazed just for speaking out? NO? They do that stuff to occupiers all the time and they get away with it! F#$* the cops who have a problem with occupiers! They should be helping us get this country back in order instead of fighting us for pay!

Aside from these points, it is wrong to say "Occupiers celebrate" because that implies ALL of them, when really it's just those in a certain city, right?

Burn the flag! It's a US corporation military flag anyway! F the US! F the IRS! F the British 'royal' skank queen! F her Zionist cohorts! This #$&( has got to change!!!

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 10:01 PM
link   
so they burned some symbols of fake american freedom, manufactured in china.

so?

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Speaking as a Tea Partier, I can honestly say that we have gone to great lengths to distinguish ourselves from any elements that would cast a negative light on our message. (Personal responsibility, individualism
)

The perception that this type of action is endorsed by the Occupy movement (regardless of actual facts) is going to carry the day.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kali74
reply to post by seabag

Did you even bother to read my links?

It wasn't Occupy Oakland, furthermore since you feel you are oh so educated on Occupy... OWS only refers to those that are actually occupying Wall Street and that the 99% and 1% are terms used by Occupy but they didn't originate there... those terms have been around for years.

ETA: You didn't seem to have an issue with destroying the American Flag when the cops did it at Occupy camps. Where was your outrage then? Personally I wouldn't destroy the flag but I recognize is at as a legitimate form of protest.

I guess all cops hate America!
edit on 6-7-2012 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

This guy is one of the few non brainwashed posters here, i don't know if this thread is a cia psyop to create hate for some of the ONLY PEOPLE "TRYING" to help your godforsaken country... OOOhh no they burned a flag u kno what after i read this, especially the guy saying he'd shoot someone for burning a flag (he must be ex us army only they are that severely brainwashed) a flag, is a piece of cloth, countries are ILLUSIONS TO DIVIDE AND CONQEOUR the protesters burning the flag our expressing their view of how America is gone, the REAL ORIGINAL AMERICA is destroyed, either the flouride is doing its job or half the posters on this forum are on the u.s gov payroll OR they are people who have not yet lost their job or been abused by the new breed of army cop that shoots/pepper sprays first - asks questions later. HAVE YOU GUYS SEEN THE BILLS THAT HAVE BEEN PASSED IN THE PASSED 5 YEARS IN AMERICA? EXACTLY THE OPPOSITE OF WHATS GOOD FOR AMERICA, JUST TAKE A GD LOOK AT THDESE THREADS ON HERE. ATLEAST THESE FLAG BURNERS ARE TRYING TO DO SOMTHING. sorry for this very messy and gramaticly slaughtered post im just so angry right now at the people totally bashing OWS and more so the people that automaticly jump to conclusions when they see a flag burned instead of asking themselves "why are they burning the flag" they MUST not have any good reason to do it.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Once again, a right-wing slag post.
Boo-hoo. They're burning the flag.
Other than your suspect 'Blaze' link, your proof of private property damage is...?
Guess what: Oakland isn't tired of the Occupy movement. Rather, Oakland is tired of the overbearing police and the 2-faced city officials.
And the rest of the country isn't tired of them, either. In fact, those of us who would like to see the Occupy movement survive this summer are pretty much behind Occupy Oakland.

I haven't flown a flag at my house this year... haven't done so since before early last year. Why? Well, as far as I'm concerned the USA has become the UCSA (United Corporate States of America) ever since the Citizens United ruling.

And now you wingnuts are hating on John Roberts (who I don't like at all, anyway).

You fundies just won't be happy until you dictate everything.

Too bad, so sad for you. There are too many of us freaks and liberals to let you get your way. (Oh, and just like you, we're gun owners, too.)

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 11:08 PM
link   

I find that prospect more disturbing than some broken windows and poo on the hood of a Crown Vic.

There is no sense of right or wrong. They never learned the basic moral foundation in childhood. As a result, they have no moral compass. We have a total breakdown of morality in this country, and it all starts in the home.

They at least might have a fighting chance if they had been exposed to some form of religious teaching during their formative years, or at a minimum, had a God-fearing mother or father that tried to raise them with good morals.

If you want to change the political and economic situation in this country, you can do so from within the framework of these institutions themselves. You can run for office, or you can work in the private sector to help to build our national economy.

Destroying the flag and the property of others is never justified, and wholly unnecessary. It only stokes the flames of emotional hatred and anger and does nothing to solve our national challenges. It is not only immoral, but also a highly ineffective way of making the changes needed.

If an Occupy protestor trashes a small business on Main Street, how does that help their cause? A small business owner, struggling to make ends meet as it is, now has to deal with property damage, lost business, etc. How does that advance the Occupy movement? It doesn't.

Occupy is the epitome of what is wrong with this country. Greed, selfishness, criminality, and the entitlement philosophy all wrapped up into one movement. It's despicable.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabag
reply to post by Xavier85

I agree that the 'message' was lost if there ever was such a thing... They may seem 'un-american' to you, but what exactly does it mean to be 'american' anyhow?

Excuse me?

What part of saying “Kill Cops” is a 'pro-American' quality?

What part of burning the American flag is ‘pro-American’? I understand it’s protected under the First Amendment but that doesn’t make it patriotic or pro-American, now does it?

Burning the American flag isn't pro-American at all, and your very right; it doesn't make it patriotic. How do you know they aren't cops trying to make the protestors look bad? It has been told that some cops are told strictly to dress like a protestor and assault a cop to incite a riot; anonymous made a video showing these cops and how the other police officers react and move them away from the crowd to not be seen.

Also, these guys probably know nothing, and the media loves to capture these kind of events to make OWS protestors look worse, like how the media got the chick on camera who wanted the government to pay for her tuition for example. But speaking for the general population and saying they are all disrespectful is just ridiculous. Many have good points, and few have stupid points, just like everyone in the world.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join