It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Occupiers Celebrate 4th of July by…Burning American Flags and Vandalizing Police Property

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 07:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by SGTSECRET

Originally posted by Xavier85
I say more power to them. The only way to wake up the masses is by extreme acts like this one. If they feel so inclined to burn flags and protest its their right to do so. This is just YOUR opinion. No facts present.

Completely agreed. I don't agree with everything they did, but sometimes it takes extreme acts to wake people up. When the news FINALLY started covering occupy, they were already being put in a negative light. The media pretended like they had no idea what the protesters were there for, guess they couldn't read the signs.

I think when these things break out, they will continue to get worse, because nothing has changed yet. The movement was waited out, those that didn't care enough disappeared, those that actually want our country changed are getting more frustrated by the day.

So what is the end goal of occupy then? I'm trying to understand the movement here. thanks

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 07:39 AM
link   
reply to post by HamrHeed

The end result would be a more fair and just government and society. Less capitalism and more humanity, it's not rocket science.

I'm almost positive you aren't just 'trying to understand the movement,' you're trying to be a smarta$$.
edit on 7-7-2012 by SGTSECRET because: added content

edit on 7-7-2012 by SGTSECRET because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-7-2012 by SGTSECRET because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 08:36 AM
link   
The tea party should hold shoot an occupier day...

I'll let you guess who wins that civil war..

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 09:09 AM
link   
reply to post by seabag

A flag represents the ruling (governing) body of a given country, It only represents the population if the ruling body has their interests in mind.... Which the American government does not.

Therefore the American flag no longer represents the people of America.

Thats kinda the point. They burn the flag to show that they no longer have confidence in the government.

The burning flag is not directed at you, infact the people burning the flag don't even know you exist.
So for anyone other then a member of the government to CHOOSE to take offense at this then maybe they should take a step back and consider that perhaps they are considering themselves to be a little too important.

It's a bit of cloth at the end of the day. Of all the stupid things to get all riled up over, a bit of cloth has to be one of the dumber things!

And before you scream out "It's not a bit of cloth! it's what it represents to me" - well, i already covered that. You may as well attack a dog in the park for peeing on a tree and claim that that particular tree represents important things to you and the dog MUST be intentionally trying to make a personal attack on you specifically because of this. It would make about as much sense.

Stop placing so much meaning in a flag and it can no longer be used to harm you, or usurped from you.

Yes. Thats right. usurped from you. Maybe the American flag did once represent the ideals of the guys that founded your nation.. but guess what, it's been stolen and turned into a corporate logo, much like what Hitler done with the swastika. When people look at a Swastika now all they see is a symbol of evil.... Many people from around the world now see the red white and blue in a similar light and i think that suxs.

I'm not American but i do have great respect for the ideals that the country were first based upon.
America (the government) NO LONGER represents these things despite the fact that many Americans still do.
And, unfortunatly, the flag no longer represents the founding fathers.
We are not primitive peon's living in the dark ages.
edit on 7-7-2012 by Raivan31 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 09:31 AM
link   

How will running for office stop the american machine from war mongering, printing money that is already attributed to debt ( i said that wrong probably what i mean is the federal reserve prints money and then the us gov purchases it with a interest rate), how will this stop the u.s from bailing out the big bankers with tax payer money, or how bout passing draconion laws... the system is too screwed up. (i couldnt run anyway even if i had the millions of dollars to run for congress/presidency since im canadian and not connected to the elite.

It depends on your belief system. You either believe that one single individual difference can make a difference in this world, or you don't. Either way you believe, you are correct.

We do, however, have example after example throughout history of non-violent individuals that made a difference in their country's political and economic situation. We have giants of industry that revolutionized the economy. We have political leaders throughout history that radically and effectively changed the political climate and instituted positive change.

A single individual can make a difference. Start small, start local. Prayer and setting the right example are powerful tools for change. Burning flags and protesting in the streets isn't an effective means of change.

Cookiemonster's advice above is the only way anyone in a position of power well EVER take you the least bit seriously. Drop the commie routine. Get involved on a grass roots level, go to school, educate yourselves, take back those positions of power and make some real change.

Thank you.

I don't really get why burning flags upsets people.

Some people have long ancestral histories where family members and relatives fought to defend freedom, which the American flag represents. Burning the flag stirs up deep emotions, especially if you lost a loved one in the military.

The Tea Party has its own internal issues (pedophilia, rape, RPGs, etc)

These are very serious accusations. Will you please supply some objective proof from a reliable third party?

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 10:05 AM
link   

I laughed at these homeless hippies from the first day.

I'm glad so many people are finally seeing this for what it really has been all along.

OWS never was and never will be a threat to tptb hell it was created by tptb.

I see pics of these hooligans and for the life of me I just can't figure out why none of them can find a good job.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by mrballistic

If the occupiers are also armed then i'm pretty sure numbers alone would win the day for them.
And if they were un-armed then it would be genocide. (or mass murder at the very least)

Really? the Tea party is all about genocide... or is that just you?

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by mrballistic

Hell boy I think you got a winner of an idea.

I say we arm the fools and let nature take it's course.

We all win.

P.S. - If it takes to long we could send them all to Flordia where it's legal to shoot each other.

edit on 7-7-2012 by cavalryscout because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

I'm confused.

Are you describing the 99% or the 1%?

Sounds like the 1% laid the groundwork. THEY destroyed the flag, constitution, freedoms, rights, property rights...need I go on?

I stand by my statement that OWS represents everything wrong with America; greed (give me free school, free healthcare, etc), selfishness (the one % has it so I should too), violence (pix in the OP), disrespect (pix in the OP), hatred (pix in the OP), fanaticism (pix in the OP), immorality (pix in the OP), etc (look at their history of violence and destruction).

And if it's the 99% you are referring to, what's YOUR plan? Got a better one?

They may not always do the right thing but they are doing something.

What did you do today?

Occupy isn’t the 99% they are more like ½ of 1%. You really have to come back to earth if you want to discuss this topic.

Yes, there is a much better plan…it’s called work within the system to fix the system rather than burning trash cans, assaulting people, and trying to destroy the system.

What did you do today??

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 10:24 AM
link   
What a bunch of losers. I was in Philly on the 4th for the tea party. We had our own ballroom and balcony overlooking market street, we had music, speakers and general celebrations. The event was reserved for people who had registered, police officers had to surround and guard our event because occupiers were trying to get in just to heckle us! I walked down a staircase with my little cousins only to get harassed by a bunch of weird hippies wearing ponchos and having dread locks. I really didn't understand it, why did they feel the need to protest OUR protest? Get your own protest you losers haha. Ah well, all it did was show me the differences in the two parties and how misguided anyone who follows OWS is.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Blissified

Umm stop creating events that you have no proof of happening.. Show me proof that OWS targets small buisnesses to vandalise...

REALLY?? Where have you been, sir??

Ya, they’ve never destroyed businesses.

How about Whole Foods in Oakland and numerous other store fronts??

HEADLINES:

Occupy Oakland protesters shut down the city, vandalizing banks and businesses.
link

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by LiberLegit

That sounds about right from what I've seen and heard.

It's a free country but you don't have the right to abuse the rights of others. OWS supporters are constantly trying to start riots and well they are just a bunch of jobless, homeless, losers who want to blame everybody but won't take responsibility for their own actions.

All I have to say is it's probably a good thing you didn't feed them or they'd never leave you alone.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by RealSpoke

So you feel that the founding fathers should have left the country?

Please don’t equate what Occupy is doing to our founding fathers!

Give me a break!!

Occupy represents a small fringe minority of radicals…nothing more!

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by habitforming

You write post after post after post about how you HATE
our president.
our last president.
Congress.
Anything our government does.

EXACTLY….YET YOU DON’T SEE ME ACTING A FOOL (I disagree with them...I don't hate)!! There is a better way, friend!

So just what is it you are so offended by?

Everything I’ve described in the OP and subsequent posts, sir.

I am more offended by people who seem to do nothing but trash talk the place.

Shut up and burn a flag already.

So you’ve decided I ‘do nothing’ based on some posts on ATS??

You don’t know me or what I’ve done for my country sir, but I’d gladly put my record against yours or anybody's here. I’ve never thrown bottles or burned trash cans for my country, that I can assure you, because what does that solve?

edit on 7-7-2012 by seabag because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Does anyone else feel OWS has been infiltrated to destroy the movement from within?? Think about the G20...
Of course the powers that be would want to destroy the OWS movement. It scares them.
Seriously think of the G20..

We need to bring back the whole martin luther king jr. peaceful protest mentality. This is a example of an effective protest. Non violence is what will succeed. OWS needs to be reorganized with the message of NON VIOLENCE being the first goal.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kangaruex4Ewe
I was in love with certain aspects the of the original OWS movement... and still am, if it would work the way it was intended. I love that we are free to express our displeasure.

However, I think the original movement has been tainted with folks that only want to start riots, inflame people, offend people, and try to get everything for absolutely nothing.

Why are always the poor people called out, who want to get everything (and do not) for nothing. How about calling out the corporations who want everything for nothing, where even minimum wage is too much, so much in fact, they have to take recourse to manufacture in countries where a deplorable human rights situation ensures low costs?

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by GareyGaia

Does anyone else feel OWS has been infiltrated to destroy the movement from within?? Think about the G20...
Of course the powers that be would want to destroy the OWS movement. It scares them.

I don’t doubt that OWS has been infiltrated by radicals.

We need to bring back the whole martin luther king jr. peaceful protest mentality. This is a example of an effective protest. Non violence is what will succeed. OWS needs to be reorganized with the message of NON VIOLENCE being the first goal.

EXCELLENT!

What OWS is doing now is hurting their movement. They will never achieve their objectives acting like thugs….thugs get the BOOT! Why don’t more people GET IT?

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by GareyGaia

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Still no comment about the videos posted here?

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by seabag
reply to post by RealSpoke

So you feel that the founding fathers should have left the country?

Please don’t equate what Occupy is doing to our founding fathers!

Give me a break!!

Occupy represents a small fringe minority of radicals…nothing more!

OP

You can hate the OWS all you want. You are a part of the system that created them and apart of the problem. If you do not like OWS then make sure the system is fair so people have other things to do instead. Do you think any of these youngsters would not rather do something fun instead of what they are up to due to the extreme failure in US system. For you the american flag might represent freedom. For me it represent cronyism, economic slavery, death and destruction of both man and nature and creation of antichrists. If you wanna be a goat than that is your choice.

Are you really so blind that you belive you can fix the system from within? Like the nazi people in Germany blaming the jews for the problems. Dreaming and manipulated to do what their controllers want. Divide and conqurer at it's best.

My idea is to make sure I stay away from the stupid system as much as I can and let it die out under its own insatiable hunger.
edit on 7-7-2012 by apushforenlightment because: spellchecking

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join