It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

THE Ancient Knowledge for which we have been searching, hidden in plain sight (go figure) - 5 Parts

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by AugustusMasonicus

It has been demonstrated on numerous occasions how 'primitive' tools can be used to build what the ancients constructed.

No, actually it hasn't. It has never been explained how primitives could build walls, from irregular stone cuttings, that is more precise than what we can do today with our tools. It has never been explained how the primitives could know that irregular cuttings could withstand earthquakes, and withstand many of our modern structures.

Just because you can not lay out the designs or construct the edifices using the tools the ancients had does not mean they could not. The majority of the people on the planet do not understand higher-level math (geometery, calculus, etc.), this does not mean that because they are fundementally ignorant that every one preceding them was.

I can layout, and understand any blueprints of today. That doesn't change the fact that all these primitive people, with primitive tools, have made structures that stand the test of time better than anything we could construct these days. Maybe it makes you feel better to think we are smarter now, than the past. I don't blame you, I am guilty of that arrogance as well.

No one can know how old a lot of the things the ancients built really are. And when they are built with better precision than we can manage today, with our tools, it makes me question the reality we were fed.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 09:54 PM
link   
I've spent 2 years studying ancient history for a series of novels...and I'll just generalize and write bluntly...but we don't know sh*t. We do guesswork and selectively choose, out of the few scant documents that survived, what is "legend" and what is "fact" based off what we are most comfortable with. This means the likelihood of anything in this universe, or anything existing on this planet once upon a time, being more advanced than we are is an idea that's thrown to the side despite that being exactly what the ancients have written down in their history. We dismiss it as "mythology".
In Mesoamerica even less is known from an even later date (have the Spaniards largely to thank for that) and only a tiny, tiny fraction of their records survived and it still has the majority of the 21st century gripping their seats with anticipation for 2012.
One commonality between many ancient sites is that there's no record of who built them or how. The Pyramid of the Sun, Stonehenge, the Moai, the Great Pyramid, Machu Picchu etc. there's absolutely NOTHING written down about their construction process. There's no explanation for the correlation between the pyramids in Teotihuacán and those of Giza which have the same layout and even base size (thus same designer) and many more mysterious correlations. Even more perplexing is WHY these structures were built. It's as if the ancient people, that we know about, were either placed there with it already built, or settled there. Another commonality is that all these civilizations had a pantheon of gods with very similar description and roles.

I remember in regards to the Moai on Easter Island that oral histories recount how various people used divine power to command the statues to "walk". The earliest accounts say a king named Tuu Ku Ihu moved them with the help of the god Makemake. This is the only ancient account of how the statues were moved (which sounds like a technological process that was being misunderstood by a primitive observer). One of the statues still at the quarry is 70 ft tall and 270 tonnes btw.

Even more curious is how Makemake looked, as recorded on a petroglyph.

Which has similarity to one of the figures of Nazca.

And even ancient cave paintings from other parts of the world.

Ancient Egyptians did not build the Great Pyramid. They were around, they interacted with its creators, and they learned from them. That's my quick 2 cents as a crazy writer/researcher. Cya.
edit on 8-7-2012 by TheLegend because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by six67seven

Watching the first one. Most of the beginning implies that everything is made out of sound. One little problem with that:

In space, no one can hear you scream.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Oops, still on the first clip. I mentally shut down every time I hear the idea that consciousness occurs without some form of machine to generate it. First time someone takes a square foot of empty space and is able to fill it with logical thought, I am so ready to believe!

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 06:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL
No, actually it hasn't. It has never been explained how primitives could build walls, from irregular stone cuttings, that is more precise than what we can do today with our tools.

I am refering to the pyramids and how it has been documented that copper tools were used to cut blocks and simple levers were used to move massive stones. Larger ones were pulled on sledges.

Again, just because you do not understand how to build a precise wall with modern (or ancient tools) does not mean it is not possible, only that it is not possible for you.

It has never been explained how the primitives could know that irregular cuttings could withstand earthquakes, and withstand many of our modern structures.

Do you think they never heard of trial and error? Obviously any wall that succumbed to an earthquake (or other disaster) would be reevaluated and improved methods would be employed.

I can layout, and understand any blueprints of today. That doesn't change the fact that all these primitive people, with primitive tools, have made structures that stand the test of time better than anything we could construct these days. Maybe it makes you feel better to think we are smarter now, than the past. I don't blame you, I am guilty of that arrogance as well.

I find it comical that you refer to them as primitive yet say that it is arrogant that we feel we are smarter today. I made the point of stating that the majority of people can not do any type of higher math whilst our ancestors obviously had a very good grasp as evidence by the structures they built. I also give them credit for building these edifices with the simple tools avialable to them while you obviously ascribe an alternative method to the pyramids construction because you can not personally understand or replicate their success.

The pyramids is an essentially stable structure and would 'stand the test of time' because of this fact. Do you not think that the other six of the Seven Ancient Wonders of the World would still be standing if they too were inherently stable? You really need to give credit to our ancestors for their ingenuity and ability to recognize what methods of construction were best employed in their particualr endeavors which have lasted to modern times.

No one can know how old a lot of the things the ancients built really are. And when they are built with better precision than we can manage today, with our tools, it makes me question the reality we were fed.

They pyramids are not contructed any better than we can do today and we are capable of much greater precision and engineering than our ancestors. This does not however concede that what they accomplished was and is impressive and should be recognized as such.

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   
SPAM removed by Admin
edit on Jul 9th 2012 by Djarums because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   

I think I speak for most after viewing that anti-gravity demonstration in video Part 5 when I say, mind blown.

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 10:21 PM
link   
cheers watched them all was quite good
second line

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 01:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by AugustusMasonicus
It has been demonstrated on numerous occasions how 'primitive' tools can be used to build what the ancients constructed.

Hahahahaha.... I'd like to see you try to even come close. Move hundreds of megalithic stones weighing several tons each thousands of feet up Andes mountains, barefoot and on a diet of nuts and berries. Then carve them so precisely that they fit together like a jigsaw puzzle without being able to insert so much as a piece of paper in between them. Then I'll believe you. Okay, maybe they had sandals. So you can have those too. And you can have as many helpers as you want. But only primitive caveman tools, and whatever food you can find growing around. I want to see a freaking castle at least 10,000 feet in elevation made out of monolithic stones the size of cars by the time you're done. If anyone actually accomplishes this (not sketching out some theory on paper, but actually doing it) then I'll declare all ancient mysteries to be BS.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 05:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by SilentKoala
Move hundreds of megalithic stones weighing several tons each thousands of feet up Andes mountains, barefoot and on a diet of nuts and berries.

Did you even read my posts? Were were discussing the Egyptian pyramids where people have shown that they can move large stones with only levers and sledges. What do the Andes have to do with Egypt? The reading comprehension on this site is appalling at times.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 06:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by AugustusMasonicus

Move hundreds of megalithic stones weighing several tons each thousands of feet up Andes mountains, barefoot and on a diet of nuts and berries.

Did you even read my posts? Were were discussing the Egyptian pyramids where people have shown that they can move large stones with only levers and sledges. What do the Andes have to do with Egypt? The reading comprehension on this site is appalling at times.

You said "what the ancients constructed" and nothing more. So I'm challenging you to rebuild Pumu Punku with primitive tools.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 06:46 AM
link   

You said "what the ancients constructed" and nothing more.

Again, read the posts, this was in response to another poster and I discussing the pyramids.

So I'm challenging you to rebuild Pumu Punku with primitive tools.

Sure, I will get right on it, meanwhile you can work on your reading.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 07:43 AM
link   

You said "what the ancients constructed" and nothing more. So I'm challenging you to rebuild Pumu Punku with primitive tools.

Haha! That has to be the most asinine thing I will read today. You set the bar too high, and it isn't even 8am yet.

"I challenge you to head butt a hole in that mountain"

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   
I don't see what is so outrageous about what I said. He claimed every ancient megalithic mystery can be built by humans with primitive tools, I'm saying, prove it.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Unfortunately for everyone they just did a test on fact or Fiction T.V. show on how they built Stonehenge. Guess what? They built a small section of it in one day with only 3 people using a simple lever system and a platform to raise it using very simple old technology. it was remarkable to watch 3 people ( one woman and two men) who didn't know anything at all on how to move 10 ton blocks above their heads using a simple lever. Bottom line they proved that there was nothing special about moving the stones. They even moved the stone 200 yard in no time using a simple lever as a focal point and just moved one side at a time. So they debunked everyone alien theory on T.V. just two weeks ago. They concluded that Stonehenge could have been built this way in under a week, with no machines and very simple ways.

How it was done
edit on 10-7-2012 by TWISTEDWORDS because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 06:57 PM
link   

I don't see what is so outrageous about what I said.

Of course you do not. Lack of reading comprehension can do that.

Next time you decide to interject yourself into a conversation it would help if you understood what we were discussing prior to your non-relevant commentary. The topic of the Egyptian pyramids was being discussed and whether the means to construct it were availble to the Egyptians of aproximately 2600 BCE. It has been demonstrated on several occasions that it is possible to move large stones with levers and sledges without great difficulty. It has also been demonstrated how to raise them in height with the use of levers and shims. Now feel free to blather on about Puma Punku (notice the correct spelling?) which was not being discussed.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 06:59 PM
link   

They could never have built that many pyramids in that amount of time. The time the pyramids took to appear would only have been enough time to build one.

And weren't they built from the top down?

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
The time the pyramids took to appear would only have been enough time to build one.

And this is based on your intimate knowledge of?

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 07:13 PM
link   

SpiritScience, on Youtube. Go ahead, look it up. It's that full movie thing.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
SpiritScience, on Youtube. Go ahead, look it up. It's that full movie thing.

Sure. Then you can watch the Nova documentary. You know, where they actually build a pyramid.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join