It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

THE Ancient Knowledge for which we have been searching, hidden in plain sight (go figure) - 5 Parts

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hardwired
If I'm not mistaken, the unit of measurement was based on the "pyramid inch".

Are you refering to the Meter? If so it was based on the meridian arc of the Earth.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Stunning, just stunning OP 67.
My flag took you from 67 - to 68 in count - hmmm.
This is certainly a heavy meal for the thinker. Thank you.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by AugustusMasonicus

Originally posted by MasonicFantom
Will they also mention that the speed of Light is 299792458 m/s while the Great Pyramid Grand Gallery is 29.9792458°N Latitude?

At what point did the Ancient Egyptians start using the Meter as a form of measurement?

Watch 30 secs starting from this part. A lesser known connection tho can also be found between the royal cubit and the meter. Convert 6 cubits here and see the startling result. www.onlineunitconversion.com...
It's not the only common measurement. The base perimeter-length of the Great Pyramid is 1/43,200th of the circumference of the Earth while the length of a nautical mile is exactly half of that (1/21,600th of Earth's circumference), so the length of the royal cubit was derived from precession measurements. So they did not use the meter or nautical mile but there is a common denominator and ratio, taken from geometry and the Earth's dimensions, between ancient and modern measurements. Many times one delves into the mysteries of Egypt with faulty premises. I look at it through the perspective that the builders are unknown and don't try to force the facts to fit within a preset range. Man 5k years ago was not suppose to even know pi or the golden ratio to such a degree, but someone did. There's a HUGE part of the story missing. I could go on mentioning things not found in that documentary like how the length of each side of the Great Pyramid’s base is 365.2422 pyramid cubits (our astronomical year is 365.2422 solar days). Or that the perimeter of its base is 36524.22 pyramid inches, which is the length of 100 years expressed in days.

The numerical anomalies just never end. It's easily the most remarkable structure on this planet. I would even say it's beyond the scope of human creation. You can spend a lifetime studying it and, if someone is not disturbed by it, then they simply haven't looked hard enough. If I could meet anyone in history there's many I can name who'd be on that list...but there's only one I can't name, and that's the Great Pyramid's engineer. I hate when Egyptologists sweep the mathematics under the rug and try to push the idea it's just a block in the desert built as a tomb for a pharaoh who was never even found in it. Disinfo at its best.
edit on 7-7-2012 by MasonicFantom because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by AugustusMasonicus

Yeah, I'm referring the basic unit of measurement that they used which was the pyramid inch. By using this as a measurement the great pyramid of Giza has a base length of 365. According to wikipedia it is accepted to be 1/25 of one of Isaac Newton's "sacred cubits".

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Some interesting stuff and some nonsense, but I've only watched the first one and the short teaser.

As far as the copper pipe effect goes, it's been known since the 1800's.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 07:59 PM
link   
All I saw was a bunch of random stuff thrown together in order to support a vague sense of mystery. I'm no stranger to cymatics and sacred geometry, but just once I'd like someone to explain how it works or what it can be used for in a practical manner.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Cusp
All I saw was a bunch of random stuff thrown together in order to support a vague sense of mystery. I'm no stranger to cymatics and sacred geometry, but just once I'd like someone to explain how it works or what it can be used for in a practical manner.

I can understand where you are coming from. For a lot of members or visitors of ATS, this is fresh information. Part 3 containing part of The Revelation of the Pyramids regarding the precision of the distance between sites, the connection to the speed of light, etc is probably new to a lot and I remember when I first came across that video and was blown away.

Also the research into where the position of numbers that belong on Ed's fly wheel was crazy. I think a lot of us are anticipating part 5. I hope it lives up to the hype and reveals more ancient knowledge.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Watch 30 secs starting from this part. A lesser known connection tho can also be found between the royal cubit and the meter. Convert 6 cubits here and see the startling result. www.onlineunitconversion.com...
It's not the only common measurement.

There is no exact measurement for the Egyptian Cubit as there are more than one surviving cubit rods with differing lengths. This still does not explain how the Egyptians built and aligned their pyramid to coincide with two systems of measurement (meters and seconds) that would not be in use for millenia.

I could go on mentioning things not found in that documentary like how the length of each side of the Great Pyramid’s base is 365.2422 pyramid cubits (our astronomical year is 365.2422 solar days). Or that the perimeter of its base is 36524.22 pyramid inches, which is the length of 100 years expressed in days.

First you used royal cubits, now you switch to the unfounded pyramid cubit which was invented by John Greaves in the 17th Century and can not be attributed to the Egyptians. The Egyptian cubit used at the time of the building of the pyramids would have given an average length of 440 cubits.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hardwired
Yeah, I'm referring the basic unit of measurement that they used which was the pyramid inch. By using this as a measurement the great pyramid of Giza has a base length of 365. According to wikipedia it is accepted to be 1/25 of one of Isaac Newton's "sacred cubits".

The pyramid inch was a made-up system of measurement and there are no historical artifacts (rods, steles) to support it as there are for the royal cubit.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 02:54 AM
link   

The sexagesimal system was in use 5k yrs ago. 60 minutes in a degree, 60 seconds in a minute, etc. and the geographic coordinate system we use today also uses this same system. So with the time (second), speed of light (a universal constant), and grid (Earth) all being the same, if someone calculated the speed of a light second and corresponded its value onto the Earth's grid then it would be the same geographical location regardless. E.g. their value for light traveling in a second was 572,561,414 cubits...but that's equal to the speed of light in meters and both would have identical placement on the same grid after conversion.

But this is if the sexagesimal system, derived from the Sumerians and applied to measurements since 3k BC, applied to units of time also. No records of it being used for time exist, however, only 1% of the Sumerian tablets found are literary works and there's only few translators. The odds of them, an extremely advanced civ we know only a fraction about, dividing time by using a system that they used already is very probable, at least far more probable than everything being coincidental. Whoever built the Great Pyramid wasn't suppose to know pi, phi, or the Pythagorean Theorem either...but that's clearly not so. History was not always a linear progression of advancement and we have a very bizarre, enigmatic past on this planet.

Haven't slept in 28 hours but hope I made sense. At least that's my tired attempt to explain an unexplained fact anyone can see for themselves with Google Earth. An Egyptologist would just tell you "it's coincidence" despite its next to nil odds and then pick up his cheque for a hard day's work.

Pi x phi squared yields the cubit. 6 cubits (6 being a favorite # of all ancients) / pi yields 1 meter. This isn't by chance. How it's connected is still elusive tho.
edit on 8-7-2012 by MasonicFantom because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 07:15 AM
link   
If the original videos' synthesis of information didn't leave enough things buzzing around inside your head, here are 2 excellent videos by Jeremy Stride of Code144.Com:

The New Secrets of the Universe, Part 1

The New Secrets of the Universe, Part 2

These 2 videos together give a more in-depth comparison between symbolic "clues" to ancient technology hidden in Nornan Hall of the Grand Masonic Lodge of Pennsylvania, & "clues" left by Edward Leedskalnin at Coral Castle, in order to pass along the knowledge he possessed of that same technology.

The explanation of the technology thought to be used to negate the massive weight of stone blocks in order to construct huge monuments is incomplete because, as the videos' creator states, the whole concept is still not understood, & parts of it remain unrecovered for now. There's still plenty of food for thought in the analysis of Leedskalnin's legacy in the form of his books, photos, & the structures of the Coral Castle complex themselves.

There's also a short feature on the Babylonian Tablet of Samash at the end of the 2nd part, probably a good advance peek at some of Part 5 of the Killuminati Movie, which has drawn heavily on Stride's work.
References in these 2 videos to info given in the original 2008 Secret of the Universe should be familiar to anyone who watched the Killuminati Movie, Part 4, as it was largely a reworking of Stride's original 2008 video (at least credit was given to Stride in the notes below Part 4 of Killuminati on YouTube)

I'm not sure I agree with everything in these videos (concentrations of "aether" inside the pyramid shape comes to mind), but the number of tie-ins made between the decorative & structural artwork at Norman Hall & the clues left by Leedskalnin are too many & IMO too fitting to be merely chance similarities of design.

I'm also not sure this information is being "kept hidden" as much as it's been passed along in a form that can be understood several thousand years later, as long as one realizes that there's a mathematical basis for the work. Languages come & go over thousands of years, but math doesn't change.

S&F & my thanks to the OP for the original videos; I enjoyed them, & also enjoyed the ones I found while searching for further related stuff. I posted these 2 for anyone who might also enjoy a whacking good attempt at decipherment of clues of this nature.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 08:19 AM
link   
reply to post by six67seven

I have watched the first two videos.

I have to say though, with the discovery of the Higgs boson the "empty space" point has become essentially moot.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 08:43 AM
link   

The sexagesimal system was in use 5k yrs ago.

The Sumerian sexagesimal system was not used in the construction of the Egyptian pyramids so it is therefore irrelevant. Please show evidence to the contrary if you have any.

...60 minutes in a degree, 60 seconds in a minute, etc. and the geographic coordinate system we use today also uses this same system.

The Greeks, not the Egyptians, were the first to attempt to calculate the circumference of the Earth using degrees. This occured in 240 BC by Eratosthenes and was not refined again until the 7th Century. The fact that the Earth was an oblate spheroid was not fully understood until Newton which when accounted for would give more accurate calculations to determine latitude.

So with the time (second), speed of light (a universal constant), and grid (Earth) all being the same, if someone calculated the speed of a light second and corresponded its value onto the Earth's grid then it would be the same geographical location regardless. E.g. their value for light traveling in a second was 572,561,414 cubits...but that's equal to the speed of light in meters and both would have identical placement on the same grid after conversion.

The speed of light was not fully calculated until the 18th century and there is no evidence what so ever that anyone prior to this had been able to even remotely calculate this phenomenom. I would ask you to demonstrate how any ancient culture, using the known tools available to them, could calculate the speed of light with any degree of accuracy.

But this is if the sexagesimal system, derived from the Sumerians and applied to measurements since 3k BC, applied to units of time also. No records of it being used for time exist, however, only 1% of the Sumerian tablets found are literary works and there's only few translators. The odds of them, an extremely advanced civ we know only a fraction about, dividing time by using a system that they used already is very probable, at least far more probable than everything being coincidental.

The current timekeeping method does date back to the Sumerians, but this is known to be aproximately 2000 BC which is nearly half a millenia after the pyramids were built. The Egyptians hwoever used obelisks as sundials and did not calculate the degrees of time as did the Sumerians. Additonally, the Egyptian shadow clocks use a 14 part system that would not mesh with the Sumerian base 12 system.

To further the point, once the Egyptians developed accurate water-clocks in aproximately 1500 BC they synchronized them with their obelisks so they would both keep the same system of time. The Sumerian method was irrelevant to the Egyptians.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by MasonicFantom

I like your thought process of just looking at it as if the builders are unknown. That is the most rational way to approach this. I struggle to understand and wish I had a better grasp of mathmatics. This documentary and others I have seen recently where they try to gather rational individuals from other diciplines of science and just present facts without opions as to the hows or whys. The facts alone are so beyond comprehension.
I like what you've added here if you could advise other readings on this subject that are in like format please do so. Thank you.

p.s. I believe the structures on the Giza platue are much older then 5K years - and again like the statement you made as just accepting them as the facts present and allowing the builders are unknown.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 05:20 PM
link   
I have a couple observations for anyone that can shine some light on them. Regarding the pyramid segment, if im not mistaken they said it actually has "8" sides, yet all the pics and models being used to determine measurements looked like a basic 4 side. When they talked about the distance between the alignment of all the sacred sites, wouldn't continental drift have to be taken into account considering the age of some of these places their location would have been different when created.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   
OK, I am halfway through part 4 and it has me very annoyed. Dude is showing all these numbers that mean nothing. Claiming he has deciphered the "magic code". I will be impressed if he can show something valid, like applying this secret magic code he has deciphered and levitating a huge slab of rock for example. Going to finish watching, maybe I am just grumpy todday. Normally I love numbers and math too, but I am not seeing anything relevant to real life so far. Claiming you cracked some secret code, but having no practical aplication to prove it is bull#.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 06:40 PM
link   

That's all assuming the ancient Egyptians built it, when no such evidence of that exists either. They left no written accounts saying how they did it (quite incredible considering they recorded everything else, even how they brushed their teeth) and there's already mathematics and formulas used in the Great Pyramid that were not learned of until millenia later. Then there's hundreds of questions that don't add up or suggest they built it like "why is the "passageway" only 3-4 ft tall?", "why is it devoid of any traces of man's presence unlike other pyramids?", "why are the Great Pyramid's techniques vastly superior to later pyramids?", "how did people 4500~ yrs ago know how to build an earthquake proof, 8-sided Pyramid of that magnitude and flawless precision?". Then there's other monuments like a statue of Ramses that literally couldn't have been carved by a human, using a chisel, to such a degree of 3-dimensional symmetrical perfection. So something is amiss.

Your post shows you're using the premise that ancient Egyptians built it, that we have a complete understanding of this planet's history, and that no other alternatives are possible if they defy one or the other. So using that logic I guess Egyptians did build it with copper chisels and string, despite the above, and its position on Earth equating to the speed of light was a coincidence.

That actually seems less likely altho it's much less disturbing.
edit on 8-7-2012 by MasonicFantom because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Your post shows you're using the premise that ancient Egyptians built it, that we have a complete understanding of this planet's history, and that no other alternatives are possible if they defy one or the other. So using that logic I guess Egyptians did build it with copper chisels and string...

Of course I believe they built it. Why else would they have quarries, workers quarters and sledges?

...despite the above, and its position on Earth equating to the speed of light was a coincidence.

I see you failed to address my request to explain how any ancient culture could have calculated the speed of light with the tools available to them.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 08:14 PM
link   

How could any of the ancient cultures built what they have, with the primitive tools? They couldn't have, right? So what is the logical answer? That we have the wrong information, or that they built all these crazy structures, that by chance managed to survive?

I am a builder, I have done framing, cabinet building, trim, hardwood floors, among other things. What we build today with modern tools, don't compare to the accuracy that the primitives that built the ancient structures built. Makes me think we don't know as much as we think we do.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL
How could any of the ancient cultures built what they have, with the primitive tools?

It has been demonstrated on numerous occasions how 'primitive' tools can be used to build what the ancients constructed.

I am a builder, I have done framing, cabinet building, trim, hardwood floors, among other things. What we build today with modern tools, don't compare to the accuracy that the primitives that built the ancient structures built. Makes me think we don't know as much as we think we do.

Just because you can not lay out the designs or construct the edifices using the tools the ancients had does not mean they could not. The majority of the people on the planet do not understand higher-level math (geometery, calculus, etc.), this does not mean that because they are fundementally ignorant that every one preceding them was.

Your whole premise is flawed. You think of the pyramids as ultra-precise constructions when they were mostly mortar- and rubble-filled structures that had a portion of the interior fitted with high precision and the majority of the facing stones installed the same way. If aliens, or some ultra-advanced civilization built the pyramids, why is the bulk of it so inprecise?

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join