THE Ancient Knowledge for which we have been searching, hidden in plain sight (go figure) - 5 Parts

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by AugustusMasonicus

Are we speaking of the pyramids of Giza? Because those are the ones I meant.
edit on 10-7-2012 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
Are we speaking of the pyramids of Giza? Because those are the ones I meant.

Yes.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 07:35 PM
link   

each block, 2.5 tons, dragged by a group of slaves across sand across a hundred miles and stacked 450 feet in the air, according to very precise constellations AND perfectly straight angles.

Not to mention being built from the top down. Yes, this is very humanly possible. How did your scientists do it?
edit on 10-7-2012 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 07:47 PM
link   

each block, 2.5 tons, dragged by a group of slaves across sand across a hundred miles...

The majority of the stone was quaried nearby as is evident by archelogical findings. There are still partially quaried stones in situ.

They also had the use of oxen and sledges which are depicted on hieroglyphics.

...and stacked 450 feet in the air, according to very precise constellations AND perfectly straight angles.

The 'precise' constellation is only precise if you ignore the fact that it was rotated 180 degrees from its viewing angle on the Giza Plateau and does not astrologically align with the time period in which the pyramids were built.

The angles are not 'perfectly straight' as the bottom courses at ground level are off from each other and do not share the same length.

Not to mention being built from the top down. Yes, this is very humanly possible. How did your scientists do it?

You can explain it to everyone after you watch the documentary. It is not that difficult and would be less so for the Egyptians who had a massive work force as is clear by the workmen's camps which are adjacent to the pyramids.

edit on 10-7-2012 by AugustusMasonicus because: networkdude has no beer

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 08:13 PM
link   
I think I found a pattern using the system discovered by Marko Rodin and the Prime Quadruplet numbers in video 4. I had a bit to say so created a thread here on it. www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 10-7-2012 by MrSpiderMonkey because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 10:08 PM
link   
I put all the videos all to gether into one
edit on 7/10/2012 by dedpope because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by AugustusMasonicus

Originally posted by SilentKoala
I don't see what is so outrageous about what I said.

Of course you do not. Lack of reading comprehension can do that.

Next time you decide to interject yourself into a conversation it would help if you understood what we were discussing prior to your non-relevant commentary. The topic of the Egyptian pyramids was being discussed and whether the means to construct it were availble to the Egyptians of aproximately 2600 BCE. It has been demonstrated on several occasions that it is possible to move large stones with levers and sledges without great difficulty. It has also been demonstrated how to raise them in height with the use of levers and shims. Now feel free to blather on about Puma Punku (notice the correct spelling?) which was not being discussed.

You said "what the ancients constructed" so i was referring to that in general. It's kinda ironic that you think Barack Obama has supernatural powers but there isn't a thing the least bit mysterious about ancient wonders. Then again you're an admitted masonic shill so who knows what your agenda is.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by six67seven

Originally posted by Xaphan

reply to post by six67seven

It's not the scientists. It's the people the scientists work for...they are in charge of the pay checks, and why work to disprove something that supports your family?

But why do the people that fund these projects want a certain answer? Why are they biased?

I don't understand why they would bother beginning an investigation when they already know what answer they are going to give us. What are they trying to hide from us by doing this? I've heard conspiracy theories like this before, and don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to debunk anything, I just don't understand the idea behind hiding evidence of ancient knowledge from us peasants. Why would they care if we knew about any of this?

i think you kinda touched on it yourself.... "hiding evidence of ancient knowledge from us peasants." its that mindset in the masses that they would like to keep. the mindset that they are different from us, that they are better or deserve better, that they are special. they want to keep the hierarchy in place as it is. They want to keep us materialistic in nature, which becomes a competition between us, which leaves us very limited in knowledge, in potential. It stunts our spiritual growth. It divides us. Just imagine what we don't know...

That's a valid point. I suppose it didn't occur to me that they could possibly be intentionally concealing our true origins in order to keep our potential and overall morale down. It is comforting to keep in mind that the truth can't be concealed forever.

“Three things cannot be long hidden: the sun, the moon, and the truth.”
~ Buddha

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 05:47 AM
link   
reply to post by dedpope

Did we really watched a 4 hours documentary?

Was worth it nonetheless, a very good compilation.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 06:01 AM
link   

You said "what the ancients constructed" so i was referring to that in general.

Do you know what the word 'context' means? Do not answer, that was a rhetorical question as it is obvious you do not know, otherwise we would not be having this pointless conversation.

It's kinda ironic that you think Barack Obama has supernatural powers...

There is that reading comprehension issue again. The thread was not about any powers I thought Obama had, but about his magical reinterpretation of history. It is called irony. Do I need to explain that to you as well?

...but there isn't a thing the least bit mysterious about ancient wonders.

I never said that they were not mysterious, only that spacemen did not build them and that they can be replicated.

Then again you're an admitted masonic shill so who knows what your agenda is.

Was that supposed to hurt my feelings? Try again.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 06:50 AM
link   

Who said anything about spacemen? Your reading comprehension must be pretty poor, too. The whole premise of the OP has nothing to do with ancient aliens theories but that ancient cultures were more advanced than most believe them to be. Since when did people start assuming that mankind's technological progression is always positively correlated with time? That is completely a completely arbitrary conclusion.

They didn't know anything?
Plug these coordinates into Google maps: 29.9792458, 31.134358
Do you know what else 299792458 is?

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Who said anything about spacemen? Your reading comprehension must be pretty poor, too.

Really? I guess you missed these in your thorough digestion of this thread:

Whatever the source of the pyramids, it obviously wasn't entirely human.

Originally posted by MasonicFantom
I would even say it's beyond the scope of human creation.

Then there's other monuments like a statue of Ramses that literally couldn't have been carved by a human, using a chisel, to such a degree of 3-dimensional symmetrical perfection.

Did you catch any of those?

The whole premise of the OP has nothing to do with ancient aliens theories but that ancient cultures were more advanced than most believe them to be.

Then maybe you should have a dialouge with people who think otherwise. I do not think it was beyond our anecstors abilities, to the contrary, I think that had a better knowledge of the methods used because of the vast amount of practical experience they accumulated.

Since when did people start assuming that mankind's technological progression is always positively correlated with time? That is completely a completely arbitrary conclusion.

Again, if you read and understand my posts I am attempting to make this point. Just because Joe-Blow the modern day mason can not carve a stone with copper tools does not mean our ancestors were unable to do so, it only means Joe-Blow does not know how. The art of doing so is lost because it is not necessary for modern humans to have knowledge of such things, we have developed better tools and methods to, if we desired, replicate such feats. The question then becomes; do we want to and to what end?

They didn't know anything?
Plug these coordinates into Google maps: 29.9792458, 31.134358

What is the relevance?

edit on 11-7-2012 by AugustusMasonicus because: networkdude has no beer.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   

The speed of light. And?
edit on 11-7-2012 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Xaphan

“Three things cannot be long hidden: the sun, the moon, and the truth.”
~ Buddha

That's a very interesting quote, coming from one of the wisest men to ever walk to earth (reportedly). Apparently, Buddha thinks God is a liar and a cheat.

I can't say I disagree, for many obvious reasons. Need I elaborate?
edit on 11-7-2012 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   
I'm really sick of that damn cliche "hidden in plain sight", "hidden in plain sight", "hidden in plain sight."

"Ohh, how did I miss that?" "Ohh, how did I miss that?" "Ohh, how did I miss that?"

He shows some vibrations in sand, and then jumps to wild conclusions that the geometry in old floor work is somehow meaningful in the way of consciousness (or something?).

Then, the viewer is told that if WE don't see what's so special, then we are just stupid (or something). The video is quite rude, telling us to "WAKE THE F**(# UP" at one point. Thanks. Sounds like dogma to me. Believe everything I see in the video (which doesn't connect the dots well...just points out lots of special numbers and how nature is built ROUGHLY to those numbers.

In college, we covered the pyramids, and it was pointed out what interesting ratios were found, and everyone was assigned to write a one page paper on Phi, even. Nobody went on to say that it was related to consciousness.

Consciousness is such an "up there" difficult subject to touch upon, because few people can or have escaped it. If you don't have it, you're dead. If you do, you can't escape it. You can alter it, but that usually is interpretted as crazy.

If I wanted to make a gorgeous floor, why can't a use geometry to aid me? Why does it have to imply that I was "in touch" with some ancient knowledge? I mean, come on. I played with spirographs when I was young. Loads of fun, very pretty, and I knew JACK about anything a typical child would not know!

Seen in this light, those floors ain't so special.

People just want to be discoverers' of something special, so they go out and "find" all this "secret knowledge" of course "hidden in plain sight."

I'm over it.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 09:05 PM
link   

non-human is not synonymous with space-men.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 09:20 PM
link   
I just finished watching parts 1, 2 and 3.

So far this series of "movies" is a mixture of facts and unscientific beliefs, opinions and superstitions. The problem is all of it is presented as Fact.. especially by the video up loader who has inserted his views on the screen in white on black text. These videos are full of such lies.

For example the creator of this compilation ( and that's what it is only a compilation of others works) states that Ley Lines are a scientific FACT and they are lines that follow tectonic faults !

Nothing could be further from the truth. Ley Lines have nothing to do with any faults on the tectonic plates. Ley Lines were invented by amateur archaeologist Alfred Watkins as a term to describe, "created for ease of overland trekking by line-of-sight navigation during neolithic times, and had persisted in the landscape over millennia"

en.wikipedia.org...

The lies this uploader is presenting overshadows the true facts in these documentaries he's reposing. It clouds the whole truth of the matter from coming to light and clouds correct thinking to reach a true possible conclusion for why these megaliths are here and who built them.

Which brings my to me next point.

THIS THREAD IS AGAINST ATS RULES AND MUST BE TAKEN DOWN.

The video uploader (killilluminati) made a compilation of others works - he did not make any of these films himself or have posted permission to re post these works in public from the publishers and authors. Indeed the video uploader does not even site for reference the various titles and creators of these works - he doesn't give any attribution to any of these works creators. He took others works and cut and pasted the contents without the credit screens to make his own video. Posting about such videos are against the ATS rules.

Sorry folks but don't be surprised if ATS doesn't take this thread down.. be surprised if they don't and allow this illegal activity to stand. Bookmark those videos Now before this thread goes the way of the dinosaurs.

The guy claims Fair Use but the Fair Use Act was not intended to be abused the way this guy is using all these videos to make his own works. He's not posting small bits covered by Fair Use, hes posting the whole documentaries in their entirety.

Someone please find true video copies of the real videos with citations intact and then repost a thread about them. That will solve the problem.
edit on 11-7-2012 by JohnPhoenix because: sp

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnPhoenix

i couldn't agree more, thread is off topic remove it please

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnPhoenix

So you're a lawyer now? Please post your credentials showing how you are qualified to make judgments as to what does and does not constitute Fair Use. If the dude's videos where copyright infringing YouTube would take them down. It isn't against ATS rules to post a YT video. You just don't like the content of the videos, but that doesn't make it okay for you to try to make up fake rules to censor them. That's really low.

If you don't believe in free speech for the people you disagree with, you don't believe in it at all.

I may disagree with everything someone says, but I will defend to the death their right to say it.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 12:31 AM
link   
I'm sorry but you should take your own advice Augustus. You state:

Just because you can not lay out the designs or construct the edifices using the tools the ancients had does not mean they could not. The majority of the people on the planet do not understand higher-level math (geometery, calculus, etc.), this does not mean that because they are fundementally ignorant that every one preceding them was.

Yet you then ignorantly go on to discuss all these thing ancients could not do, relate too or understand, and lol even say no one could possibly know the speed of light until the 18th century!?

Is this a case of do what I say not what I do? Practice what you preach good sir. Just because you can not fathom how it was done, does not mean it was not done to paraphrase what you had said. Hence, the whole point of "lost knowledge" or not knowing who the true builders were / are.

Absence of evidence, is not evidence of absence.

Argument from ignorance

Argument from ignorance, also known as argumentum ad ignorantiam or "appeal to ignorance" (where "ignorance" stands for: "lack of evidence to the contrary"), is a fallacy in informal logic. It asserts that a proposition is true because it has not yet been proven false, it is "generally accepted" (or vice versa). This represents a type of false dichotomy in that it excludes a third option, which is that there is insufficient investigation and therefore insufficient information to prove the proposition satisfactorily to be either true or false. Nor does it allow the admission that the choices may in fact not be two (true or false), but may be as many as four, (1) true, (2) false, (3) unknown between true or false, and (4) being unknowable (among the first three).[1] In debates, appeals to ignorance are sometimes used to shift the burden of proof.

Originally posted by AugustusMasonicus

The sexagesimal system was in use 5k yrs ago.

The Sumerian sexagesimal system was not used in the construction of the Egyptian pyramids so it is therefore irrelevant. Please show evidence to the contrary if you have any.

...60 minutes in a degree, 60 seconds in a minute, etc. and the geographic coordinate system we use today also uses this same system.

The Greeks, not the Egyptians, were the first to attempt to calculate the circumference of the Earth using degrees. This occured in 240 BC by Eratosthenes and was not refined again until the 7th Century. The fact that the Earth was an oblate spheroid was not fully understood until Newton which when accounted for would give more accurate calculations to determine latitude.

So with the time (second), speed of light (a universal constant), and grid (Earth) all being the same, if someone calculated the speed of a light second and corresponded its value onto the Earth's grid then it would be the same geographical location regardless. E.g. their value for light traveling in a second was 572,561,414 cubits...but that's equal to the speed of light in meters and both would have identical placement on the same grid after conversion.

The speed of light was not fully calculated until the 18th century and there is no evidence what so ever that anyone prior to this had been able to even remotely calculate this phenomenom. I would ask you to demonstrate how any ancient culture, using the known tools available to them, could calculate the speed of light with any degree of accuracy.

But this is if the sexagesimal system, derived from the Sumerians and applied to measurements since 3k BC, applied to units of time also. No records of it being used for time exist, however, only 1% of the Sumerian tablets found are literary works and there's only few translators. The odds of them, an extremely advanced civ we know only a fraction about, dividing time by using a system that they used already is very probable, at least far more probable than everything being coincidental.

The current timekeeping method does date back to the Sumerians, but this is known to be aproximately 2000 BC which is nearly half a millenia after the pyramids were built. The Egyptians hwoever used obelisks as sundials and did not calculate the degrees of time as did the Sumerians. Additonally, the Egyptian shadow clocks use a 14 part system that would not mesh with the Sumerian base 12 system.

To further the point, once the Egyptians developed accurate water-clocks in aproximately 1500 BC they synchronized them with their obelisks so they would both keep the same system of time. The Sumerian method was irrelevant to the Egyptians.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join