It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The only real value of gold is in the Ring.What is the meaning of the Ring for you?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Lichter daraus

no ring could ever have that power imho.
Then why billions are wearin' it...there must be something,I guess.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by diamondoftheworld

no ring could ever have that power imho.
Then why billions are wearin' it...there must be something,I guess.

im betting that a lot of people wear them because thats how they were tought it had to be. that you need to get a ring and get merried to prove your love to another, well i think its crap, what about the gays that wanna merry but cant? They have life partners and so can strait people, no need for marriage or a ring.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   

what about the gays that wanna merry but cant? They have life partners and so can strait people, no need for marriage or a ring.
I don't know probably the ring referes to the love betwen a man and a woman.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by diamondoftheworld

It is the close relationship of marriage - the human connection - that sustains these people, not the symbol they wear. People wear rings because they have been TAUGHT that the ring holds some power or value, but there's no more power in the ring than there is in the paper that makes it "official".

People do so many things because of "tradition" and "belief"... It's nothing but superstition, IMO.

You sell rings, right?

edit on 7/5/2012 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by diamondoftheworld

what about the gays that wanna merry but cant? They have life partners and so can strait people, no need for marriage or a ring.
I don't know probably the ring referes to the love betwen a man and a woman.

So your saying the power of the ring discriminates against gays? whatever, they have every right to get married and have rings or not, they have every right to go through the ups and downs of being married or not. The real power is the LOVE not the ring.
edit on 07/16/2009 by Lichter daraus because: (no reason given)

edit on 07/16/2009 by Lichter daraus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   
My wedding ring got ruined ages ago. Lifting heavy lumps of steel and aluminium isn't good for gold rings.
The wife drops hints now and then..I may get a gold coloured titanium ring. They last better.
For protection though, nothing beats a fist full of fat old skull rings. ;-)

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

It is the close relationship of marriage - the human connection - that sustains these people, not the symbol they wear. People wear rings because they have been TAUGHT that the ring holds some power or value, but there's no more power in the ring than there is in the paper that makes it "official".
Yes it is as a symbol but not only,everything is interconected the only thing that remain after we die are the memories and a ring the rest....is more then a ring and it has real powers IMHO.

You sell rings, right?
No I don't,I Give hope and Love from all my heart.

edit on 5-7-2012 by diamondoftheworld because: and

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   

against gays? whatever
So sorry this subject beats me.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Rings signify "possession".

Tolkein understood.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by nerbot

In case of wedding rings they belong to each other sanctioned by both of them.

What is disbanding possession in marriage is Love.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by nerbot

Tolkein understood.

Precisely! Be it on the finger or through the nose.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   

My fiancee bought me a ring, and he was worried that the diamond wasn't *big*enough or the ring was too plain etc. I reassured him, he actually bought something that I loved!

The ring symbolises eternity to me, even if it was a cheap bubblegum ring I would have cherished it. When I look at it, I see the past, present and future all bound together, for the both of us, and the diamond (or cheap plastic bauble should it have been a bubblegum ring lol) symbolises a solid union which can weather the storms that come our way. the sparks/flashes of colour show the multi-faceted parts of ourselves (faults/flaws/personalities etc).

I probably sound all mushy and all that
Not sure if that is allowed on ATS!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join