It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Military jet in Gunnedah NSW

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 01:29 AM
link   
Just a simple question for someone that might be able to help. I live in a small town in Northwest NSW Australia , and was just removed from my computer seat by the unmistakeable sound of a military jet aircraft.
Im somewhat familiar with the jets as i have been a big fan of all things aeronautical since a young age, recently recieving a scholarship to the RAAF( im yet to follow through with it ) . The Jet in question was an F/A- 18 Hornet and basically my question is why the hell was it out here? I cannot find anything online to explain why it was there , it wasn't flying at anywhere near top speed , just cruising along, but still id like to know why it was here.

The closest air force base is in Newcastle at Williamtown , which is 313 kilometres away from where i seen it.

Its probably nothing as im not denying i can be paranoiod from time to time .
Thanks anyway

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 01:44 AM
link   
Probably cruising for chicks, perhaps skylarking or just plain lost.

If it did not show intent to land (you did not give an approximate altitude) I would say he is on his way to Darwin and wanted to wake up sleepy Gunnedah on his way from Newcastle.

I know I would buzz as many people as I could if I had one under my control.

Mickierocksman

edit on 4/7/2012 by Mickierocksman because: Further thoughts would be…. High on bath salts, our first zombie pilot, taken over by aliens, he is taking a piss in a bottle while flying, the boat people did it, he is a terrorist, or just the fact that you’re paranoid and you saw military jet would probably be the correct answer.

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 02:06 AM
link   
reply to post by wewillnotcomply666

Hard to know ,could have been passing to/ from Wagga on its way back from Shoalwater bay where they are doing military exercises.
Could be looking for you or looking for rebel koalas?(Gunnedah claims to be the koala capital of the world,)

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 02:11 AM
link   
For years in the US we used to have pilots that would buzz their home town if they were flying by. They would put on a mini-airshow for the town, and do loops, and turns, and low passes. That was stopped after the family of one pilot watched him crash into a house in town, killing him instantly.

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 02:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by wewillnotcomply666
I cannot find anything online to explain why it was there , it wasn't flying at anywhere near top speed , just cruising along, but still id like to know why it was here.

The RAAF is involved in a secret dropbear hunt.

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 03:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by spoor

Originally posted by wewillnotcomply666
I cannot find anything online to explain why it was there , it wasn't flying at anywhere near top speed , just cruising along, but still id like to know why it was here.

The RAAF is involved in a secret drop bear hunt.

Probs a Intel mission to locate the local drop bear colonies via IR tracking. Since this menace is harming our tourism industry the army is ready to do some serious culling of drop bears. Has to be done at night and in secret to forgo the hell that the greens will raise.

P

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 03:09 AM
link   
funny thing...i heard one too today near the blue mountains.

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 03:23 AM
link   

NSW is preparing to invade QLD if they lose for a 7th time.

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 03:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by CrimsonKapital

this is the only reply to my op that i found funny in the slightest lol. if we lose again, im all for conscription to recruit all of nsw to take over qld lol

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 03:26 AM
link   

I know there was a march-out parade at the RAAF base in Wagga today, im not sure if there was a FA/18 but they do usualy have some kind of "fly over"

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Checkout FlightRadar24.com

Military jets have odd/no callsign.

Sometimes they are marked as military, other times the transponder code gives it away.

Sometimes they will magically disappear.*insert twilight zone theme here*

If it was flying low over a town and there was no obvious reason (Australia Day, etc) then it was probably just a young/dumb pilot buzzing family or friends.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 05:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by CrimsonKapital

Hahaha hilarious! Bring it on NSW even though you did lose for the 7th time, coz you only have hornets, we have Super hornets!

And speaking of which it was probably a F/A-18F Super Hornet out of Amberley doing their standard thing over northern NSW southern QLD. You would have been used to F-111s over Gunnedah yeah? The Rhino replaced them so thats my bet

Cheers

new topics

top topics

join