It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Sun Is Much Smaller And A Lot Closer Than We Are Misled To Believe

page: 42
<< 39  40  41   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 07:08 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 07:09 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pigraphia
reply to post by golemina

I asked you a question and you're the one who refused to answer it.
I am not starting another thread because I asked you the question.
I'm not going to open up an entire thread to deal with the disillusions of one person.
If you open a thread and tell me where it is I will be glad to participate.
Don't try and pawn this off on me however, you're the one who is refusing to answer the questions.
I simply am not playing into your ego by starting an entire thread to ask you questions I already asked you.

Deflect all you want, but this is on you.
Either answer the questions here, or start your own thread.
It's not on me to start an entire thread to answer questions I already posed to you.

I'm guessing the real reason why you won't answer here, or start your own thread is because your answers wouldn't stand up to scrutiny.
So instead you try to dump the burden onto me to ask you questions I already asked you.
Heck, I think even if I started the thread you would come up with some excuse like "you didn't ask the right questions" or "I don't want to thread jack your meaningful thread full of great questions; seek out the answers yourself".
So either put up or admit you simply can't form cogent answers.

As for doing the math, could I do the math for a moon launch yes.
I'm not going to spend hours possibly days to track down the required information to begin the calculations.
If I were in an aerospace lab I could probably pull up the information much easier, but I'm not.
The fact that you think I could find all of the requisite information do do a calculation on demand shows your lack of understanding of the complexities involved.
Off the top of my head I wouldn't even know if a moon launch tomorrow would even be possible, there is weather to take into consideration, position of the moon, heck they even have to account for know satellite orbit paths now a days.
I said the calculations could be done, I never said they could be done at the snap of a finger.

The fact that you think they can be done lickety split like some magic trick shows you have no grasp of what you are asking.

Interesting.

You seem to have all 5 sides of the conversation covered.

Do you work with digital devices a lot?

You seem seriously intent on (and apparently will on only accept) a binary resolution to the premise advanced in this thread.

If I could be so bold as to suggest detaching the emotional attribute to this discussion... It goes a long ways towards advancing a persons quest for knowledge... or true meaning.

Now you might perceive my request to furnish us with the calcs for another Moon shot as being just another cute rhetorical device... but the truth is... It's NOT.

I've stated that MOST of 'Science' is pretty much just fiction or more accurately something along the lines of being a TOTAL FABRICATION.

Most people can't wrap their heads around that.

In fact, most people can't wrap their heads around anything.

It is childs play to construct any type of information and serve it up as fact...

And if you follow the NONSENSE that has been driven into most peoples psyches...

They totally have no clue what's real and whats not.

It's all a matter of HORSEPOWER.

You either have it... Or you don't.

Things can either be done... or they can't.

Things are either real... Or they are the marketing-glossy representation of REALITY.

To be frank... There are those that don't have the horsepower/perception/attention to detail to distinguish between the two.

And apparently they are well represented in this thread.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by blocula
reply to post by TWILITE22

Thanx,this thread has obviously struck a very responsive chord...

Why?...Because its possible...

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   

reply to post by golemina

Seriously,anyone,just go outside and look at the sun,does it really appear to be something thats actually 93,000,000 miles away? as far as i'm concerned,no way,not at all,the sun seems to be about 5 or 10,000 miles away,something like that distance anyways...

edit on 3-7-2012 by blocula because: (no reason given)

So hmm... lets see.... let us try an experiment shall we? If the energy given off by the sun was up close to us, not just the light and the heat, but the radiation as well. What do you think the effects would be? As it is the Solar wind is fierce, makes a hurricane look like a walk on a slightly breezy day... add to that X rays, Gama Rays, and all the other EM radiation, and instant Crisp Earth... This is why they call the distance from our Sun (Sol) the Goldilocks Zone, it's the perfect balance for life to exist.

Now, add to that your flat earth (and I use this term very loosely) THEORY and you would have a crisp wafer floating through space with no life upon it at all.

Think man, think.... seriously........

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 07:17 PM
link   

reply to post by TWILITE22

Thanx,this thread has obviously struck a very responsive chord...

Why?...Because its possible...

Is my avatar "possible"?

Gotdam bloc, your opinion that something is possible doesn't mean it's true. All evidence is against you but you continue to cling to your beliefs with no reason to.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 07:23 PM
link   
*** Closed - pending staff review ***

new topics

top topics

<< 39  40  41   >>

join