The Sun Is Much Smaller And A Lot Closer Than We Are Misled To Believe

page: 40
<< 37  38  39    41  42 >>

join

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by blocula

What? no...
As a scientist we actually know what we know.
We even have a fair grasp on what we don't know, or at least what we don't understand and that we need to form questions so we can learn more.

Scientific knowledge does not come from the powers that be.
It comes from experimenting from elementary through HS and into college and far beyond.
Every scientist at one point in their life is given certain questions and asked how would you design an experiment to prove what we know.
They are then required to actually prove things.

Science isn't monkey see monkey do, scientists are actually taught to seek the answers for themselves.

Now you might only know what other people teach you.
That's because you are either too lazy, or do not have the capacity to learn, how to learn.

If you really believe all you say I think you fall into the "or worse: category quite nicely.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pigraphia
reply to post by blocula

What? no...
As a scientist we actually know what we know.
We even have a fair grasp on what we don't know, or at least what we don't understand and that we need to form questions so we can learn more.

Scientific knowledge does not come from the powers that be.
It comes from experimenting from elementary through HS and into college and far beyond.
Every scientist at one point in their life is given certain questions and asked how would you design an experiment to prove what we know.
They are then required to actually prove things.

Science isn't monkey see monkey do, scientists are actually taught to seek the answers for themselves.

Now you might only know what other people teach you.
That's because you are either too lazy, or do not have the capacity to learn, how to learn.

If you really believe all you say I think you fall into the "or worse: category quite nicely.

Seriously guy...

Almost EVERYTHING that is promoted by 'Science' is a TOTAL fabrication.

I really like your views on 'Science'... it's a wonderful children's bedtime story.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by golemina

Originally posted by DenyObfuscation

Originally posted by blocula
reply to post by Pigraphia

What i do have a grasp on is the fact that all we really know about science and astronomy is what tptb teach us and tell us to know and they have a very bad track record of lying to the mainstream public again and again...

How about geography, is that a lie also? Seriously bloc, why can't you see that discworld is wrong, no PTB involved?

Would it be TOO rude of me to point out that the standard map projects are a lie?

Hmm...?

No, not at all. It would be worthless without some kind of evidence though. I'm sure you can understand that.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   

reply to post by Pigraphia

What i do have a grasp on is the fact that all we really know about science and astronomy is what tptb teach us and tell us to know and they have a very bad track record of lying to the mainstream public again and again...

How about geography, is that a lie also? Seriously bloc, why can't you see that discworld is wrong, no PTB involved?

Would it be TOO rude of me to point out that the standard map projects are a lie?

Hmm...?

No, not at all. It would be worthless without some kind of evidence though. I'm sure you can understand that.

Dude... Not my problem.

You're just going to have to figure this one out... On your own.

I NEVER try to teach people that obviously know way more than I do...

Climb out of that box you seem so comfortable living in...

Have you tried using Google.

It's been suggested more than once (in this thread) that it 'knows' everything.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by golemina

Any thoughts of contributing ANYTHING worthwhile to the thread?

Do you know anything that is or just that things for some reason are not as they seem?

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Any thoughts of contributing ANYTHING worthwhile to the thread?

Do you know anything that is or just that things for some reason are not as they seem?

Really?

THAT's your answer?

That must have been one exhaustive research effort!

What... Was that like two minutes?

You seem to want to denigrate some folks contribution in this thread...

You know... Kinda like this remark.

If you can't use the hints that have been dropped...

The position you seem to have been pushing this entire thread is that your lectures are based on a solid foundation of knowledge...

And that the OP (and maybe myself
) are somehow kinda deficients...

Surely someone pushing this haughty viewpoint...

MUST surely know how to use any one of those very popular search engines.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 05:48 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Seriously,anyone,just go outside and look at the sun,does it really appear to be something thats actually 93,000,000 mile away? as far as i'm concerned,no way,not at all,the sun seems to be about 5 or 10,000 miles away,something like that distance anyways...

If that were true, you don't think some radical like Kim Jong Il would have taken a few shots?

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 05:51 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 05:52 PM
link   
post removed because the user has no concept of manners

Click here for more information.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

I passed by the one deliberately and paid attention to his information of the dark side creating earth, which is what all the bloodlines think, their sumar group is their cousins, they were left behind to manage the slave pens, and they think they own earth and humans. They own nothing.

Got any proof of that?.....or are you just another sci-fi wannabe?

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 05:57 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 06:02 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   

So you're telling me I can't do the math on a rocket engine and then build that engine and launch it on a ballistic trajectory?
I can't do similar math and put the rocket into orbit?
Preform similar math and plot the trajectory of a mortar shell?
I can't drop a stone down a well time how long it takes to make a splash and then calculate how deep the well is?
I can't do the math/ and experiment to find out how many Kilo Calories are in a marshmallow?
I can't then do a similar experiment and find out how much energy in a stick of dynamite?
I can't find out the temperature drop of a container of liquid if I put a specific amount of ice into the system?
I can't do the math to find out how much heat solid or liquid fuels will release in a steam turbine system?
I can't do the math to find out how much power will be produced in a hydro-electric plant (that's dependent on gravity)

The list goes on and on.
If there was some grand conspiracy as the OP states then the math would fail across the board when we try to apply it to practical applications.

I suppose your answer to how science works is "magic" and "trickery" on the part of all scientists.
That when a young child decides to be a scientist they are inducted into some secret organization to keep the truth from everyone.
That this entire secret organization has never had drunk members try to impress someone they are attracted to and told them the secret.
That that person didn't then tell all their friends the secret?

I could go on and on and on, but you get the point.
Or maybe you don't and that's the problem.
edit on 3-7-2012 by Pigraphia because: fixing a typo

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   
post removed because the user has no concept of manners

Click here for more information.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pigraphia

So you're telling me I can't do the math on a rocket engine and then build that engine and launch it on a ballistic trajectory?
I can't do similar math and put the rocket into orbit?
Preform similar math and plot the trajectory of a mortar shell?
I can't drop a stone down a well time how long it takes to make a splash and then calculate how deep the well is?
The list goes on and on.
I can't do the math/ and experiment to find out how many Kilo Calories are in a marshmallow?
I can't then do a similar experiment and find out how much energy in a stick of dynamite?
I can't find out the temperature drop of a container of liquid if I put a specific amount of ice into the system?
I can't do the math to find out how much head solid or liquid fuels will release in a steam turbine system?
I can't do the math to find out how much power will be produced in a hydro-electric plant (that's dependent on gravity)

The list goes on and on.
If there was some grand conspiracy as the OP states then the math would fail across the board when we try to apply it to practical applications.

I suppose your answer to how science works is "magic" and "trickery" on the part of all scientists.
That when a young child decides to be a scientist they are inducted into some secret organization to keep the truth from everyone.
That this entire secret organization has never had drunk members try to impress someone they are attracted to and told them the secret.
That that person didn't then tell all their friends the secret?

I could go on and on and on, but you get the point.
Or maybe you don't and that's the problem.

Hey.

It's both far more complicated (and, of course, far simpler
) than that...

If you start another thread (even using this very post), I will be MORE than glad to get into the specifics, so you might have some idea what I appear to be babbling about...

I don't want to push the thread too far OT... If you feel me.

After all, it IS the Blocula show!

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by AngryCymraeg

.... um, are you saying that you agree with the total idiocy that Blocula is dribbling out of his rear end?

Dude... As FAR off the wall as Blocula sounds...

He does tend to make some interesting observations from time to time...

In fact, there is a guy that started another somewhat synonymous thread about the Truman Show with a lot of interesting (CORE) simularities.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Dude... As FAR off the wall as Blocula sounds...

He does tend to make some interesting observations from time to time...

In fact, there is a guy that started another somewhat synonymous thread about the Truman Show with a lot of interesting (CORE) simularities.

Yes, but he's off the wall, onto the carpet, out the door and down the street!

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Our good buddy, DenyObfuscation, has been hammering the OP this ENTIRE thread...

For an answer to a simple question. An answer that if admitted, simply shatters blocworld.

Also I've tried to explain that the intensity of light diminishes over distance. I'm not a "science" guy but I don't run around shooting off my mouth that "everything is a lie" with absolutely no evidence or reason, you know, like you and bloc do.

Substantiate your statements or it's NOT been nice knowing you.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   

So you're deflecting...
It's not as if you haven't already started a side discussion on this thread.

All of a sudden you don't want to thread jack...

Yeah whatever.

new topics
top topics

<< 37  38  39    41  42 >>

join

Haters, Bigots, Partisan Trolls, Propaganda Hacks, Racists, and LOL-tards: Time To Move On.
read more: Community Announcement re: Decorum