It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oh my, 115 degree weather...Did we open the gates to Hell?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Manhater
Gosh I am already dying from heat exposure.. I have the A/C going., and it doesn't even feel like it's on and the Fan going at the same time. This weather suppose to last us all week.

Let me guess, you live in Pheonix AZ .... There was a reason the birds in that myth would burst into flame.

Plant a few trees and it will help. Ficus are great but keep them away from the house they are heck on plumbing.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 01:01 AM
link   
Last summer was rough with temperatures as high as 116 or 118 an brush fires popping up every few days.... I was outside this evening and it felt good with a breeze and temperature at 100... It is much worse when you get older, especially it it doesn't drop below 85 during the night.... I'll be on the tractor for the next few days cutting fire breaks, dragging away and cutting down anything close to the house,barns and smaller outbuildings at my age and state of health about three hours at a time is all I'm good for before going inside, taking a shower and staying under the A/C for an hour... It wasn't all that many years ago I was good for 14 hours straight, but that was at a higher altitude with low humidity.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 01:03 AM
link   
I hear ya! It has been dry, hot and windy here in Colorado. Temps ranging from 101 to 109. My car registered 108 just a few days ago and that was not in the sun. We have fires on top of all of that, but in the afternoon is sort of will start to rain.. then stop after a minute so we have heat and humidity, but not enough to put out big fires. Colorado is a mess these days! I love the heat personally, but for the sake of the fires it would be good if it cooled down some.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 01:05 AM
link   
reply to post by VforVendettea

I don't know if she lives in Phoenix but I do and we're baking down here as usual. I know it was over 110 not sure how hot but at that point it really doesn't matter it's just hot.

Every summer I think of moving but I don't know where it's any better. I've thought of the northwest Seattle maybe. I don't know about moving from one of the sunniest places in the country to the cloudiest place it might mess with my mind and I'm on pretty shaky ground already.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 01:18 AM
link   
I'm in Central Illinois and I quit checking after the heat index went past 111. I couldn't even enjoy my cigar out on the back patio. Got about half way through and gave up. They had predicted a 60% chance of thunder showers, but I didn't even see a cloud. They're saying it'll be pretty much the same tomorrow. I actually can't remember the last time it rained here.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 01:26 AM
link   
arizona wasn't the hottest place in the US last year. texas and oklahoma were. i'm hoping (as a texas resident) we can give back the prize to arizona this year.... although it was 107 on thursday.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 01:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by crazydaisy
reply to post by Kangaruex4Ewe

Keep a close eye on the weather tomorrow, we are
suppose to be in store for more of the same - not as
bad I hope.

Thanks for the heads up.
I hope the same thing. I haven't seen winds that bad in quite a while. You stay safe too and hopefully we will catch a break. The news says there are still tons of folks without power...if they don't get it back on early tomorrow it will have dire consequences on the very young and old I'm afraid.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 01:30 AM
link   
115...nice.

Its Freezing cold here, and its not suppose to get freezing cold..
Rain, Hail and no Sun (little bit 2day).

Dont worry, in 6 months time, we will be bitching about the heat and you will be bitching about the cold..
Kay sera sera.....from Oz.

Typical Humans...never satisfied....

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 01:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by gort51
115...nice.

Its Freezing cold here, and its not suppose to get freezing cold..
Rain, Hail and no Sun (little bit 2day).

Dont worry, in 6 months time, we will be bitching about the heat and you will be bitching about the cold..
Kay sera sera.....from Oz.

Typical Humans...never satisfied....

AZ not the hottest place last year? Pretty sure it was, not counting Death Valley. We broke 117 in August which is pretty toasty.

Think that at least ties for last year

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 02:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Char-Lee

I get you there.. You can always warm up when it's cold. But when it's painfully cold, wow, you tend to think of those warmer days. I love the sun, but when it's hot here, it's 40c hot. 46as Manhater mentioned is unreasonable.

But I can snuggle up with blankets, a hot water bottle and remain calm.. heat drives me insane, I blame my parents from the old country, Liverpool and Scotland, for my distaste of heat..

Makes it hard to be an Aussie, lol, when I hate the sunburn and the flies.. hehe

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 03:55 AM
link   
take a cup of concrete and harden up!.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 04:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Manhater

I said the other day that maybe we can slow storms, hurricanes and tornados by flying commercial jets against the jet streams! Then today i found this article using my comment information i put on the net the other day!
current.com...

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 06:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

Agree HAARP in over drive coming from the Russians and the Chinese to modify our weather and burn up our crops. dutchsinse is all over this on his YouTube Channel and his blog.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 06:43 AM
link   
Last year we (mid atlantic) had a day here that had a heat index of 128 degrees.
It was the hottest day I've ever been in ... at least in this lifetime anyways.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 07:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
Last year we (mid atlantic) had a day here that had a heat index of 128 degrees.
It was the hottest day I've ever been in ... at least in this lifetime anyways.

Yikes....

That sounds insane. They say the heat index is suppose to get up to 125 today.

I hope not.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 07:34 AM
link   
its freezing where i am in Australia which is very strange for the location im in and the time of year. the weather has been all together weird for about the last 2 years here , progressively getting weirder

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 07:43 AM
link   
millions without power from the storms

crazy stuff. but hey its the dog days of august ya gotta expect this

oh wait.....

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 07:44 AM
link   
Picked the wrong time to go on vacation to Holiday World in Santa Claus, Indiana. It's been 106 the last two days and that is NOT the heat index! Saw several people, of all ages, hit the deck waiting in lines for the water coasters. At least we rented an RV, I can't imagine how the tent campers are doing it!

Usually this day, departure day, is filled with cries of "We don't want to leave!" from me and my daughter. Not this year, we are ready to go! Plus, the WI-FI here sucks. Yeah, I'm doing hard core camping.

I've never seen weather like this in my lifetime. Hmm...wasn't I just saying that about the warm winter we had? Every time you turn around over the last few years there is a record being broken. Maybe the planet can feel weight of our over population & abuse of her and is trying to shake us off. Can't blame it.

Time to pack up GTFO!

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 07:45 AM
link   
reply to post by mainidh

The flies disappear when it get's to 50.

About the only plus of such a heat....was at Cloudbreak when it got into the mid 50's a few years ago..pulling cables..Good times!

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 08:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

Well, it's Winter here in Australia so it's meant to be cold

Our Auntumn was better than our Summer though.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join