It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oh my, 115 degree weather...Did we open the gates to Hell?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by elevenaugust

You have read it correctly. This heatwave is rather brutal and in many areas, unlike anything people have ever before witnessed regardless of age. One ATS contributor above showed that it reached 109F(43C) in a major American city (Nashville, Tennessee), which is a new all-time high temperature. I believe Atlanta, George also broke their all-time high with 106F(41C). The worst of the heat is centered in the state of Kansas, where you observed on the map you linked, temperatures reaching 118F(48C). Know that the average temperatures in Kansas at this time of the year are only around 90F(32C).

What is rather odd is that if Americans would like to cool down a bit they may want to head further south into Florida. Although we too are experiencing the heatwave it is nowhere near what others are dealing with. It was 95F(35C) here yesterday and is expected to be 99F(37C) here today. Another point most people outside of the United States do not know, and even many in this country, is that the regions being affected by the current heatwave also maintain very high humidity rates; especially those areas around the Mississippi River in addition our latitude is much lower than that of most European countries so the sun is even more intense here. Those of us south of the state of Virginia technically live further south than any European nation save Sicily (Italy), Malta, Crete (Greece), and Cyprus. My city, St. Augustine, Florida, is located on the EXACT line of latitude as Cairo, Egypt.

link   
I really think they have people where they want them, extreme weather and they are allowing us to be dependent on the grid.

Its time for the average guy with tools in his garage to think of his neighbors and to start to build energy devices, generators, soda can solar and bicycle tire wind, if necessary. To start to think of parabolic mirrors, that heat spell can create electricity, and sterling engines, whatever it takes, then on to tesla coils.

If they want to harm humanity and bring us to our knees, lets get together and get independent of them and their big corps and get our own grids and power, and our own businesses, and get off our knees, let them go on theirs.

There are so many without power, but they need to get together in neighborhoods to get the power back on.

link   
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

You mean a harsh winter? Time to put up wood now?

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

What is really tragic is that FEMA and the other agencies dedicated to helping in emergencies have HUGE generators large enough to feed energy to entire neighborhoods and small cities. They do not share!!!

I know this from speaking with a Homeland defense guy during Katrina.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

Well, thanks for the reply but I think that I've done a mistake.

I forgot to uncheck (
) the box for "daily records", here's the right map:

Source

57 all-times records in two days!! Wow!!

Here's the same map in °F:

edit on 30-6-2012 by elevenaugust because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by chevy369

Hilton Head Island , SC 118 heat index and 80 humidity. Like a friggen sauna!!!

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by elevenaugust

Thanks for the updated map.

Weather has definitely been strange here in the US as of late. My area alone has seen greatest 24-hour rainfall total in history, greatest 2-day rainfall total in history, lowest recorded temperature for the day on June 28, and today will be highest recorded temperature for June 30. What a wild week!

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   
It was 106 here in Indianapolis IN yesterday according to my phone. My phone listed 100 for every day over the next week. I guess it got up to 109 at some point. It seems as though weather is reaching extremes in various parts of the world weather it's cold or heat. I know I've never experienced weather like this before it even hits july or august in Indiana. We might get a few 100 days in august but this is ridiculous. I hope it isn't a sign of something more sinister. I have a sad feeling there are going to be a lot of deaths this summer over heat exhaustion.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

You're welcome, and here's the complete list of records for these two days:

Note that some records are very old (1917, 1952, 1954, 1964....)

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   
I was sure blindsided by this. Record temperature time again? I knew something was up the second I checked the forecast yesterday for my city and it said 98-101. Lord have mercy. It's nice to see that the temperatures are set to go back down into the 80s in a few days.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   
I am sure these HOT temps without rain aren't helping the drought situation at all. I am not sure what to do. I was going to start my fall crops today, but if I can't keep them watered, why bother.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   
I was in Phoenix when it got to 122 back in 1990. 22 years ago now. I remember stepping off a city bus, air conditioned, and onto the sidewalk and it felt like I stepped into an oven. That's when I realized, dry heat or not, hot is hot.

I remember they had to ground the planes because the heat on the tarmac was over 130, and 130 degrees is what they test the engines at.

Now THAT'S hot.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   
I lived in Phoenix for 11 years. Lots of fond memories. I found that yesterday when I went outside, I got a nice little dose of nostalgia.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   
The NOAA forecast shows above normal temps for a significant part of the country through the end of July, and for most of that same area above average until the end of October:

LONG RANGE FORECAST

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   
I live near Memphis.

It really feels hotter sooner.

It seems like it is peaking later in the day than I remember and staying hotter much later.

I have heard rumors of 130 degree heat index going into August.

Be carefull if you are in the heat!

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by RueBakon
I live near Memphis.

It seems like it is peaking later in the day than I remember and staying hotter much later.

130 degree celsius ? .. you would cook

that would make 266 Fahrenheit lol

The title should say Fahrenheit not degree

In Montreal now its around 28 degree (82 F) very hot outside now
cannot imagine folks living under 115 F or even 130 F

edit on 6/30/2012 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by EllaMarina
I lived in Phoenix for 11 years. Lots of fond memories. I found that yesterday when I went outside, I got a nice little dose of nostalgia.

Well that's a nice way of putting it.

I have good memories too. I had my share of bad times, but, all in all, the good outweighs the bad.

Where I'm at now is a good medium between that and where I grew up in the Great Lakes region. That area can get really bitter cold in the winter with the lake effect systems.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by knightsofcydonia
Sacramento ca 115 and no ac at my house. It's 125 in my room..ridiculous!

My computers will not function at that temp. l hope you see some relief.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ben81

Originally posted by RueBakon
I live near Memphis.

130 degree celsius ? .. you would cook

that would make 266 Fahrenheit lol

The title should say Fahrenheit not degree

In Montreal now its around 28 degree (82 F) very hot outside now
cannot imagine folks living under 115 F or even 130 F

edit on 6/30/2012 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

Uhm for those non-US folks out there...we say degrees after our temps just like you do for yours, thank you very much. 130 degrees is accurate unless you're in Sasquatchatoonie and the rest of the world that are bassackwards to us. We're not interested in using Celsius nor the metric system. So 130 degree heat-index it is, and that's for miles and miles and miles around. We'll be cooking Quarter Pounders and foot-longs on the sidewalk, and washing them down with gallons of ice-cold beverages.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   
It's crazy to see all of the different ranges of weather reported by people. I just read a thread about record flooding in parts of England two or three days ago.

I live in the Mojave Desert in southern California and it's been unusually pleasant so far this year. Last winter we had a significant number of trees that didn't lose their leaves and the birds never left for the winter. We usually get sub-freezing nighttime temperatures in the winter, with the birds flying south late in the year and all trees losing leaves.

And now with summer approaching, we usually have 100F+ temperatures by now, but not so this year. The flowers and plants are flourishing; it's like an extended spring.

I will mention that we have excessive contrails/chemtrails marking up our skies nearly every day.

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join