It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oh my, 115 degree weather...Did we open the gates to Hell?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by knightsofcydonia
Sacramento ca 115 and no ac at my house. It's 125 in my room..ridiculous!

OMG!!

I wouldn't be in your underpants for the world!

My sympathies!

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Doodle19815
reply to post by niceguybob

Can I come stay with you?

Even my pool water feels like bath water. NO relief from the heat there.

I'm actually still looking at snow on the caps. Going to hang by waterfalls tommorow.

But at a price!

I turned down "bank" for quality of life to be here.
I could be in Southern California or the Bay Area, but I like it in Tahoe. I like the blizzards too. Their not as cold as back east winters. (Grew up in Cleveland,COLD)

And when they don't spray us with non-existant geoengineered "something?" Deep Blue Skies go for miles and miles.

No spraying for a while either. (Ducking from phage)

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by crazydaisy

I lived in Ft Wayne a couple years back, now I'm in Iowa. It's been 100+ for the last week here, and it's brutal! We finally had a good storm this morning, so hopefully it rains out east to bring some relief!

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   
I would guess the OP should have thought twice before settling in the Sahara desert! Of course it's going to get hot!

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by ElectricUniverse

Originally posted by CB328
Get used to it. With 7 billion people heating up the planet it's likely to be the new normal.

Really?... and why is it that several areas around the world are experiencing COLDER than normal weather?...

"Oh yeah, it is CO2, it causes warming and cooling at the same time"...

Ummmm, you are aware that climate change/global warming models predict extremes of highs and lows, not just high temps right? No matter what you think, the fact is that weather is becoming more extreme. We didn't even have a winter here in Michigan and a heat wave at the beginning of Spring. AGW is real, but like a frog in boiling water, you don't realize what is happening, because Faux, Big Oil & Big Coal taught you to ignore the obvious.
edit on 29-6-2012 by KireDj because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by leechee420

The heat caused a severe storm here today - we had 100mph straight
line winds. Half the city without power and lots of trees and power
lines down. More heat and severe storms forecast for tomorrow.

Weather is extreme in a lot of locations it seems.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by ANNED
its seasonably cool at Naval Weapons Center China Lake in the Calif desert at 98.2 °F and a Humidity of 6%.

Many sailors from other states have trouble here when it get around 122 °F

anned

First, thank you for serving. I owe you a beer here at the Lake anytime you come up.
Thank you.

Now, What's the scoop with the weapons center being our nuclear submarine base through Vandenburg aat the Pcific right to the base under Mnt. Whitney?

Care to comment?

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Heat and draught.
There goes our food supply.
How many will die in this heat. There are many who do not have or cannot afford A/C.
City apartments can be very hot.
NWO population reduction in process.
I was looking at some Agenda 21 videos on Redice this afternoon. This fits right in.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Manhater

Nope, in Arkansas thats pretty normal for summer.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 08:34 PM
link   
I live in the upper panhandle of West Virginia, and I am not used to this heat at all! During band today when we were marching it hit 107 degrees. I've never felt such a hot feeling other then when cooking before. This is insane!

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 08:40 PM
link   
No, I haven't opened the gates of hell yet. It'll be sometimes in July or August. This is all man's own creation, Gaia is pissed at humans.

It's been a beautiful summer so far here, I thank Mother Earth for the nice weather here. I had to water my garden for the first time today. That's great. Got to about eighty something today.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by crazydaisy

Wow that is craaazy! I can't believe it is not all over the news! Well I have not checked the news but something that extreme I usually hear about it. What was the temp? How are things now? Did you get tornados too?

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Manhater

It's terrible here in Indiana it was like 106F today. Were in a drought also so the humidity is a straight killer feels like 120F outside.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

My grandfather grew up without electricity. He said he used to sleep on the floor in his house in front of the front door. That was the coolest spot in the house. I asked him today how he can tolerate the heat because he sits outside all day...I grew up like this...this is nothing he said lol.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Evanzsayz

One can get use to the heat - after the first year
in the semi tropics it was easy.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Man, it's still way too hot out there.

Got to go coerce my dog in before he dies of a heat stroke.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

The tornado sirens were going off and we heard a funnel
was spotted on the street behind us. However later they
said all the damage was straight line winds. It went thru
at least 4 states. Illinois, Indiana, Ohio and West Virginia.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Same here. It finally got to 108. We had the central air and a window unit going and it still got up to 78 in the house. My husband works outside in a sawmill and it has been killing them all week. I call to make sure he is doing ok every few hours, but it does indeed bring the "Rage" out.
When he comes home, we try not to speak to him or get in his way for about an hour. He is back to normal when he isn't burning up. It's a massive heat wave though. I would like to go somewhere colder for a day or so!

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by crazydaisy
reply to post by antar

The tornado sirens were going off and we heard a funnel
was spotted on the street behind us. However later they
said all the damage was straight line winds. It went thru
at least 4 states. Illinois, Indiana, Ohio and West Virginia.

We just got the tail end of that line come through here. It sounded just like a tornado for a good 15 minutes. Everything on the porch is gone and we will have to wait and see about roof damage when the sun comes up!!

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Kangaruex4Ewe

Keep a close eye on the weather tomorrow, we are
suppose to be in store for more of the same - not as
bad I hope.

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join