It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oh my, 115 degree weather...Did we open the gates to Hell?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Manhater

May the Goddess bless you and preserve you through this dificult time, sister

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by DerepentLEstranger

There is not a cloud in sight.
edit on 29-6-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by CB328
Get used to it. With 7 billion people heating up the planet it's likely to be the new normal.

Really?... and why is it that several areas around the world are experiencing COLDER than normal weather?...

"Oh yeah, it is CO2, it causes warming and cooling at the same time"...

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Doodle19815

I am here in sunny central FL. It is cooler here that my friend's house in Toledo. We just got soaked for a week thankd to Debby. Now it hot and humid, all that water is evaporating into the atmosphere. I get up at first light and work till about 9am. Then it's time to hid in the house until just before sunset. I don't mind the schedule. I love working and then napping, cleaning the house and relaxing with a book until I can get out again. I have just learned to live around being a Floridian. I wouldn't move for millions. I hate being frozen.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by ElectricUniverse

Oh yeah, it is CO2, it causes warming and cooling at the same time"...

That CO2 is really dangerous stuff. It is also causing the ice caps on Mars to melt and Jupiter is warming up too. All those people better stop breathing or the whole solar system will be baked, broiled, and steamed.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by zachi
reply to post by ElectricUniverse

Oh yeah, it is CO2, it causes warming and cooling at the same time"...

That CO2 is really dangerous stuff. It is also causing the ice caps on Mars to melt and Jupiter is warming up too. All those people better stop breathing or the whole solar system will be baked, broiled, and steamed.

Now that was funny.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

Yeah the gulf stream didnt halt or stop or what ever.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Sacramento ca 115 and no ac at my house. It's 125 in my room..ridiculous!

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by mainidh

46c OUCH! You beat us.. wow.. that's hell hot.

Mind you Im at the moment, trying my best to type with frozen finger sausages...

It was 7c at 9am this morning.. it's now so cold I am shivvering to the core..

I'd swap with you in an instant!!!! Oo.. soooo cold here.. and worse I got s splinter under my fingernail and hacked at it hard today, so now, I have numb fingers, but as soon as I warm my hands on the hot water bottle, it aches like a mofo..

If only we could share
You could get cold off my frozen corpse, and I could feel warmth once more.. Ohhh this earth is torturing us all to extremes!!

Ca coast, here on our end i have been lighting the wood stove every day still! Had 2 sunny days so far in months! The damp makes it chilly the humidity while the temp is about 60. Raining every other week for days at a time...makes one depressed, but I would not trade for heat.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   
The heat brought in a severe storm this afternoon. Straight line winds of 100mph - power out in most of the city, large trees down, some on houses and cars. Pretty scary for us for a while - I think only one injury reported.

Tomorrow more heat - near 100 and a chance of more severe storms.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Its 100+ 100% humidity here today, what I did to get cool was to go out in it.

My home is nice and cool but the way things are looking with record breaking highs here in the corn belt, and the fact farmers have started drawing on the winter hay because the grazing is lost to the heat, it gave me the initiative to get up and get BUSY!

Yes it is fricking HOT, and yet...

My family loves to eat, I do not suppose that i will be able to shop at the health food stores 95 miles away round trip for fresh organic veggies this winter and the dregs of the food that will be available to Americans this year is going to be horrible and so high priced it will not be an option.

We just hate tinned veggies and they for the most part are all GMO and absolutely tasteless. They look and smell like veggies but that is where it ends.

My children need real food and their bodies would starve with the franken foods, the pesticides they are grown in and the human excrement from the industrialized farms they are grown on. No regulations there and no rest rooms or out houses, yet everyone has to go...

There will no doubt be more recalls of meat veggies over the winter.

Corn oil, vegetable based oils, ethanol based fuel, everything is going to sky rocket, this could very well cause civil unrest with the projected shortages.

Yes it is sweltering, but get used to it. Do what you can to acclimate. Use that energy of complaint and get out in it, when you come back in you may not be so griping about the fan and the AC.

I am warning everyone, get busy now! Use grow bags, coffee cans, pots, anything but start planting your fall crops if you plan to eat.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   
IMO- Biggest risk is rolling blackouts as the energy system won't be able to handle the entire load. I would have plenty of ice on hand.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Weather jokes for all seasons:
You HAVE to yell the word FU** if you tell these for effect. LOUD

It was so hot, I saw a cactus on the side of the road yell FU**

It rained so hard I heard a duck yell FU**

It was so cold I saw a penguin yell FU**

Always cheers me up to tell those jokes. Heh

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Pretty damn hot here to in central northern Kentucky.
104 f with a heat index of 115f.

We have broke all records.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 05:22 PM
link   
It's a "balmy" 74 here at elevation 6400Ft. Lake Tahoe

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   
I lived in Phoenix, AZ for 7 years. I left because I could no longer stand weeks on end of 100+ weather, or 100 weather at 1am.

Just jump into the shower every once in a while, let the evaporating water keep you cool. You can survive, you just need to adapt.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by niceguybob

Can I come stay with you?

Even my pool water feels like bath water. NO relief from the heat there.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Sword

How is this out of the ordinary?

Hot weather happens all the time, every year. It is nothing spectacular.

Temperatures for the past 12 months for the US are the highest on record in 100+ years.

"The average temperature for the contiguous U.S. during May this year was 64.3°F, 3.3°F above the long-term average, making it the second warmest May on record," said NOAA.

The month's high temperatures also contributed to the warmest spring, warmest year-to-date, and warmest 12-month period the nation has experienced since recordkeeping began in 1895.

NOAA, citing temperature data back to the late 1800s, also reported that the first five months of 2012 were the warmest on record, and the June 2011-May 2012 period was the warmest 12-month period of any 12 months on record for the contiguous United States.

The 12-month period also encapsulated the second warmest summer, fourth warmest winter, and the warmest spring on record.

NOAA

We aren't even at the peak of this heat yet. Give things another month, then check back. I expect temperatures to be between 100 to as high as 115-120 F for the weeks ahead, depending on the location (in the US at least).

I'm in Newfoundland and one it's 5C, the next it's 25C and muggy out.

Stay cool people, stay smart.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Manhater
Gosh I am already dying from heat exposure.. I have the A/C going., and it doesn't even feel like it's on and the Fan going at the same time. This weather suppose to last us all week.

Last week it was a line of storms from heck, now this week it's like the storms opened up the gates of hell.

Waiting for the storms to come back.....

Sunday we're supposedly suppose to get some thunder showers. Hopefully.

I hate when it's gets way to hot, then everyone becomes cranky.

You could be in Arizona for all we know, and if so you would expect that weather.

Why would you make a thread but don't give your location? Lol

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 06:12 PM
link   
its seasonably cool at Naval Weapons Center China Lake in the Calif desert at 98.2 °F and a Humidity of 6%.

Many sailors from other states have trouble here when it get around 122 °F

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join