It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do the developmentally delayed become "normal" after death?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 05:20 PM
link   
As a parent of a son who suffers from Cerebral Palsy (generic for brain damage). I've had dreams that I meet my son in the after life and he's walking and talking like a fully developed young man. My fear is that they stay in the state they're at in life upon death. That would be terrible after having to muddle through life as we know it then have to continue in the here after with disabilities.
We are taught that all secrets are revealed upon transition to the other side. I hope this means that disabled people are then able to operate at full capacity. That brings on another question. What is full capacity? We are apparently given all knowledge when when we die or at least, we are exposed to a knew reality. Will this also allow disabled minds, for instance, an adult with cognitive thinking like a 6 year old, to gain the same in an lightened reality? So, we are no longer trapped in a body after death, but does the psyche get released, no longer inhibited by a poor functioning brain?
Any thoughts?

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   
My sympathies go out to you and your concerns regarding your son's condition after his life ends.

In respect, I will only reply that I'm uncertain of if there is life after death, but know that many report they are in their prime, or ideal state once they depart.

Perhaps this would mean your son would be able to communicate with you as if a "normal" human being. I honestly can't tell you for certain, and am in doubt that anyone here can either.

In times like these, perhaps it's best to have a little faith. I know this means a lot to you, so it really wouldn't hurt to believe this would be, or may be the case.

My apologies for not being able to give a more certain response. Please excuse me if anything I've said has offended your beliefs on the subject.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Really sorry to hear that about your son, my grandad suffered from polio when he was younger and had many different things that affected him his whole life.

The night of his funeral I had a dream where he walked upto me with almost a bounce in his step and he shook my hand and smiled then left. It was great to see him walk without any aid, to shake his hand one last time even in a dream was amazing.

I'm sure what ever burden people have, they lose it as soon as they pass

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   
there is no afterlife. Im sorry you had to see your son suffer through all of that. Just think of all the people who died to viruses we now have an innate immunity to.

In the future i hope that research will provide cures for such disabilites.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Do you believe in ghosts ? If you do, do you believe that there are good ghosts and bad ghosts ? If you do, do you believe that the good ghosts were good people when they were alive and the bad ghosts were bad people when they were alive ? Where does that take you for an answer to your question ?

Me, I dont know as I can only speak for the living.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   
I think that those who have dealt with challenges their whole life will be more spiritually developed. While you cannot take your physical prowess with you there is an essence that remains.
I have had an NDE and other OBE experiences. What remains is a sense of self and an immediate access to knowledge. It felt as though my personality is the same yet my limitations were forgotten.
Fear not for those who have experienced the most challenges whilst in this mortal coil will have the strongest of spiritual nature. Resistance builds strength.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by DeyTookErJeobs

But you realize that that was just a dream you had right ? That was your thoughts in action while you were asleep.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Thank you for being a strong parent. To answer your question, in my opinion, yes I believe that we are no longer held back by our physical body. Once we cross over we no longer suffer the problems our bodies endure. My Uncle died a couple years ago after falling backwards down a set of stairs. He struck his head, which caused cerebral bleeding. He was brain dead for 2 weeks before he finally passed. Very soon after his death my Aunt started to see his profile on the sides of her vision, and he would periodically turn lights off and on. I believe he was telling her that he was ok, and that the problem with his body before death was no longer a problem.
edit on 27-6-2012 by Covertblack because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Shirak

And you know that there is research that shows that you merely experienced your brain and body shutting down and that you never actually 'went' anywhere .

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by karen61057
reply to post by DeyTookErJeobs

But you realize that that was just a dream you had right ? That was your thoughts in action while you were asleep.

And you do realize this is the paranormal section, right? Where people tend to speculate on this sort of thing?

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by wrkn4livn

I know that the brain wiring is what causes people with defects like these to manifest them on the physical plane, not the spirit. As sure as the spirit exists, your son will be fine after death.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Morgenstern89

You do realize that the enabling of religious delusions to comfort the unlucky... is insane right?

Regardless of what forum we are in... you are doing more harm that good by filling her head with fantasys.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by karen61057

I was just sharing the experience that I had, I did say it was a dream. I would like to think that he was telling me he's ok, you can't for definite say there's no afterlife the universe is something we can't even begin to comprehend. I myself don't believe in a 'god' but I like to be very opened minded and think there is something after this life

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 05:57 PM
link   

I believe, and this is only my belief, that we all will be so far enlightened after death, that the difference between normal and handicapped will be miniscule in comparison. In effect, we are all developmentally challenged right now, and when we return to the light, we all will be made whole, unless we live our lives rejecting the goodness of the light. The light of course, is God, or Truth, or the Creator, or the place from which our souls all came from.

I reject atheism, as my life experiences have proven to me, that there is a power/force/being much greater than ourselves.

This life we live is a test, to see how we do. Not all of us are given the same test. Many will succeed, many will fail. Those who succeed will rejoin the light.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Wertdagf

I'm not enabling any religious delusions, I discourage that kind of thing as well, but I tend to put that aside when I set foot in the paranormal section.
edit on 27-6-2012 by Morgenstern89 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Wow, what a great question & I can't believe I never pondered on it before.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Hi

I apologise in advance if my answer sounds overly cocky ... i have read excess of 2000 NDE accounts and have spoke first hand, with a few people who have died and returned ... and am thoroughly convinced that ... any 'physical' ailments .. ie .. relating to brain and body .. do not get carried over after ...
At some point before entering heaven .. we are given ultimate knowledge ... healing loving light .. etc etc ... and appear very much in our prime .. (from the perspective of the NDE'r) ...
however ... if the person is mentally unbalanced due to their soul being in a dark place ... ie .. not a physical ailment with the brain or body ... but more to do with where they're at .. their vibration if you will .. their spiritual level ... perhaps, but not necesserily due to choices they made ... or responding to life experience in a negative way ... call it what you will ... if they are in a very dark place ... there is a chance .. that after they die ... if their soul is tormented ... or if they are utterly ashamed .. or for whatever dark heavy reason .. if they are unable to 'face' the light ... their torment or pain or darkness can be their companion until they can face the light ....

In your scenario .. i am certain your son will be as healthy mentally and physically in that realm, as you or i ... there are many many NDE accounts which reflect scenarios close to this ...

For both scenarios .... prayer goes a long way ... the more the better

i realise some of this may sound cheesy .. i cant help that .. it is what it is

edit on 27-6-2012 by Segenam because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   
No matter what mental illness or disorder a person has, it is important to remember that they are in there, they can hear, see, feel just like everyone else. Their soul is just like you or me, so YES, they are normal in soul and will continue to be in spirit afterwards.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by unityemissions
My sympathies go out to you and your concerns regarding your son's condition after his life ends.

In respect, I will only reply that I'm uncertain of if there is life after death, but know that many report they are in their prime, or ideal state once they depart.

Perhaps this would mean your son would be able to communicate with you as if a "normal" human being. I honestly can't tell you for certain, and am in doubt that anyone here can either.

In times like these, perhaps it's best to have a little faith. I know this means a lot to you, so it really wouldn't hurt to believe this would be, or may be the case.

My apologies for not being able to give a more certain response. Please excuse me if anything I've said has offended your beliefs on the subject.

No, none at all... I think your right and we DO have faith that he will appear "normal" when and if I see him there. After all, if I want to see it, perhaps that's how it will be. Thanks.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by darkbake

I know that the brain wiring is what causes people with defects like these to manifest them on the physical plane, not the spirit. As sure as the spirit exists, your son will be fine after death.

This what I choose to believe, true or not. If we're just cells run by a small charge that dissipates once the body dies, then nothing gained, nothing lost. If, on the other hand, we continue in some other state, then I CHOOSE to believe we will see him on the other side with no defects. That will be pretty cool...

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join