It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do the developmentally delayed become "normal" after death?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 07:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Wertdagf

Still missing the point. She's not a hardcore religious fanatic, so why not just leave her alone? She was asking a question, not starting a preaching thread and demanding that we all conform to Abrahamic standards. I wasn't enabling anything. I was just saying that you should be attacking the hardcore religious fools, not somebody who has been through emotional turmoil. Next you'll be going into the cancer ward at a children's hospital and telling them that their consciousness ceases to exist once their batteries are drained for good. I actually dare you to do this. Seriously. I want to see how you would feel afterwards.

Trust me, I'm not defending organized religion. I just don't go pissing all over people who are emotionally frail. I'm guessing you're a left-brain dominant person, so you probably aren't going to understand the compassionate perspective I'm trying to show you here. It might be best for me to just stop right now and cease this argument.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by DeyTookErJeobs
Really sorry to hear that about your son, my grandad suffered from polio when he was younger and had many different things that affected him his whole life.

The night of his funeral I had a dream where he walked upto me with almost a bounce in his step and he shook my hand and smiled then left. It was great to see him walk without any aid, to shake his hand one last time even in a dream was amazing.

I'm sure what ever burden people have, they lose it as soon as they pass

I also had a dream of my grandfather after his death - only I didn't know it was my grandfather at the time!

My grandfather died of emphysema when I was in college. The last few years of his life were hard, as he could never catch his breath. Even walking from the front door to his car would leave him dizzy. The last few months of his life, he was bedridden and on oxygen.

Many years after his death, I had a strange dream that popped up right in the middle of regular run-of-the-mill dream. The next day, I had no recall of the regular dream, but the strange dream was very fresh in my mind. The strange dream wasn't strange in and of itself - it was my reaction to it that was strange. In the dream, I was outside on a road that was out in the country - just land and trees. I'm standing in the middle of the road, and I see a young man walking towards me. He was walking briskly, carrying a walking stick. He had dark hair that was slicked back. As he was walking towards me, he smiled and said "Hi there!" I totally panicked and literally woke myself up, gasping for breath. The next day, I wondered what this dream was about, and why was I so taken aback? I didn't recognize this person at all, and wondered why I would have such a strong reaction.

Flash forward a couple of years. I was visiting my parents, and was in my dad's study, conversing with my mom. My mom pointed out a picture on my dad's desk. She told me that my grandmother had found this photo in her attic recently -- it was the ONLY known photo of my grandfather when he had hair (he was bald by the time he was about 26 years old). NO ONE in the family, including my grandmother, had ever seen him with hair! The photo was of my grandfather when he was about 18 yrs old, had been untouched in the attic since my dad was a baby. Well, I took a look at the photo, and got chills. I remembered that face immediately as the face of the young man in my dream from two years ago, complete with the dark, slicked back hair.

I have thought a lot about that dream since then. It comforts me to think that somewhere my grandfather is young, strong, and fit - and can walk as fast as anyone without losing breath!
edit on 30-6-2012 by kaylaluv because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 09:08 AM
link   
reply to post by wrkn4livn

If you believe in the afterlife......then I have to say yes to your question; your son's "casing" and organs are to allow him to breathe and live here on earth in this life - it does'nt change his spirit which arrived and will leave intact.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wertdagf
reply to post by Xaphan

If you enable one persons delusions where does it end? Do you think that sometimes enabling one persons beliefs could have unintended consequences?

You might think that having this woman walking around prasing the name of jesus because shes reassured that her son is at the right hand of god is a good thing.... but what happens when that belief, supported by ignorance, is no longer supportable in society?

You might think that what your talking about is a good thing, but if you look closer it might have a selfish motive. That being for your own comfort.

Your simplistic belief that science has given you all the answers about life , death and consciousness is a delusion of epic proportions. Who gives a toss what is "supportable in society". Think for yourself, and make your own decisions based on evidence and personal experience.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Morgenstern89

Originally posted by karen61057
reply to post by DeyTookErJeobs

But you realize that that was just a dream you had right ? That was your thoughts in action while you were asleep.

And you do realize this is the paranormal section, right? Where people tend to speculate on this sort of thing?

Yes I do realize that. And you realize that I have a right to my thoughts too right ? You realize that I have as much right as you to post on these boards in any forum I please and I dont have to subscribe to or believe in the subject of the thread to post my opinion on the matter right? You realize those things dont you ? Good. Now on with the thread.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by DeyTookErJeobs

Oh for sure. None of us knows the answer because we only get the full answer when we die and so far none of us have come back to advise the rest of us on just what is involved in the dieing process. Hoodini said he would come back if he could. We are still waiting for him. I dreamed of my mother not long after she died. I looked at that as me comforting myself from my loss since all of that only took place inside of my head. I didnt look at it as a "visit" from my deceased mother.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Segenam

How can you say that anyone will be physically fit after death. There is no physicality after death.

You have accounts of 2000 people who think this happened to them but you have zero proof that anything happened and neither do those 2000 people. Sorry in this case numbers mean nothing.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by RainbeauBleu

Some people believe that we might choose our own conditions prior to our birth in order to learn certain lessons or teach others. After death, the condition would be gone since it was only temporary.

I don't know where this idea comes from but I've liked it since I first heard it.

I believe that, too. I first heard it from Judy Goodman, 12 years ago. It made absolute sense to me...I also believe in reincarnation. It's the between-incarnate time that we "choose" from options in order to continue our unique journey. We all, to a one, rejoin the light eventually.

We all have angels around us, too, and spirit guides.

Judy explains it that some souls choose from time to time to be "facilitators" for others (i.e., a baby which dies in utero did so to help mom...or a developmentally delayed person to "stretch" their parent) to learn necessary things. Perhaps the OP's son chose this manifestation to help her learn something, and next time will be healthy and sound and have lessons of his/her own to learn.

My dad died almost two years ago. He frequently appears in my dreams, and is vital, healthy, happy, and whole. I feel I am spending time with him, and it makes his loss in the physical realm less painful. I believe it is his essence; and no one will convince me otherwise.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by wrkn4livn

No, they don't retain the state they are in. I really think reading some Dolores Cannon books may help you.

This isn't our full soul, a sliver of our soul comes in to operate out of this body, its actually alot like a day job, or school, we go into a scnario (this is like the past) and try to problem solve and forgive everyone and love unconditionally and help others more, or to wake up more, everyone's circumstances and health is different.

Afterwards varies too depending on individual. Some require healing. Some slowly emerge beyond the pattern imprint of the current life.

But our senses are amplified, and if you've never watched the video on the woman born blind who had an NDE, she could see. Its not our body suit that sees truly, the ones who programmed us, programmed us with what our souls already can do, see, feel, love. So many just think its all body suit and bio chemicals. Those bio chemicals were tweaked to faciliate the signal coming through. Our bodies are more like a radio picking up signals and allowing us to operate through them than the generator of sensation.

Anyway, in NDE's the blind see.

I have a feeling your son will wake up to who he is, his fuller memories will come back.

We're not souls created in the body like mainstream religions maintain, we're souls that come into the body, like a school.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 10:04 AM
link   
I personally believe that neurologically devastated and MR/DD persons have the same type of souls (life power, energy what ever you want to call it.) that everyone else does. I believe that the container (body) is faulty. This can happen at anytime. Before birth all the way to the time the body ceases to function at all.

Somehow this life force (energy, soul however one chooses to interpret) comes into a body as it does also leave the body at death. It is commonly known that energy never ceases to exist, it just changes form.

Now, there are a ton of subjective facts that are just that, subjective. Religion, anti- religion and the like. One can argue till the cows come home on religions, afterlife, reincarnation, near death experiences and everything associated with that.

My personal belief is this, yes there is a soul in your son. Yes, once he reaches the afterlife he will be free of the body that he is in now.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Xaphan

How can you be sure knowing a god gave you cancer and is forcing you to suffer and die at such a young age isnt more traumatic?

How can you be sure that knowing God gave your son this horrible disability and then stole his life from you to test your faith isnt more traumatic?

You dont.. and you refuse to choose.... i choose the truth over lies...

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   

It's your own truth, not the truth.

Stop being so disrespectful.

Your avatar headline mentions the words, "compassion".

How are you being compassionate telling someone who believes in God, that there is no God, when they are obviously in a bad place and seeking support?

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by unityemissions

Because mourning isnt something to be covered up by religious delusion.

There are good reasons to greave... there are good reasons to be sad... and telling somone lies to prevent them from growing emotionally isnt doing humanity any good.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Strictly my opinion based on my beliefs:

Every life form that generates a recording in space time, if within effective range of the another life form during that recording time, has the potential to bridge union with each other. Effective range means within electromagentic field and/or gravitational field modulation with each other.

Just because the structure containing the life form may have a defect or is not advanced (newborn or fetus) does not restrict the potential for bridging. The bridging between life forms when both have crossed over from alive in space time as a spatial dweller involuntarily impacted by time, into a time dweller involuntarily impacted by the space it occupied while performing the recording in space time, rescue is available.

Love is the binding agent that opens the gates on the bridges caused by the cross modulation of 2 or more life forms within effective range. Only one needs to love the other and the rescue operation of extracting one spirit from their "not-so-great" recorded structure into your recorded structure is available. So is hate, though.

All have the ultimate goal of eternal newness combined with evermore expansion of consciousness. Millions have placed into their space time recording (alive in the here and now) a recording of the Presence which is the opened Door. That is the person all need to find when they become time dwellers (die). Everyone that enters through the Door after death is equal and on the same plane. Evermore newness and expansion of consciousness. Even your pets, all who cross modulated electromagnetic or gravitational fields.

Even you that have an apparent normal life leave that behind just as much as that unborn child you lost, your pet, your uncle, your parents, every life form that passes through the Door with you, because of you taking them with you, or because someone else took you with them.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Balkan
Noone has asked the obvious.

OP, you said your son was speaking. If it's not too personal, I would like to know what he was speaking about and anything you may have spoken as well.

I don't remember the specifics. Sorry. I do remember he was tall and looked normal. He had a great smile! It was a great feeling on my part. I do remember that.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shirak
I think that those who have dealt with challenges their whole life will be more spiritually developed. While you cannot take your physical prowess with you there is an essence that remains.
I have had an NDE and other OBE experiences. What remains is a sense of self and an immediate access to knowledge. It felt as though my personality is the same yet my limitations were forgotten.
Fear not for those who have experienced the most challenges whilst in this mortal coil will have the strongest of spiritual nature. Resistance builds strength.

I've often said to my wife that heaven, or whatever you want to call it, has a special place for people like us, that take the toil of spending our life supporting a person with special needs as a learning experience, and NOT as a burden. I could be wrong but the with insight we've gained, it sure seems like well be granted a better parking space... That is of course for ones who actually do the right thing and give of themselves, unselflessly until the end.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 08:39 PM
link   

and telling somone lies to prevent them from growing emotionally isnt doing humanity any good.

What lies? Prevent who from growing emotionally?

You are imposing YOUR belief on someone else, in a time of need, under the guise of helping them grow emotionally?!

Shame on you!
edit on 30-6-2012 by unityemissions because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Spirituality is NOT religion. Seeing truth in Christ or Buddha, does not mean you believe in God, or accept the control religion at all, period.

Infinity is one of those amazing things that even at our level, our brains can comprehend some things that are paramount to how it functions, its not VOID, I'm referring to at all. But infinite Energy.

If there is an ALL or One, in Infinity, it would be a miracle because Infinity is infinite progression, infinite consciousness, like infinite fractals, all at once, no time, because you can't measure it. If there is a loosely described infinite all it cannot be encompassing a singular person/place/thing at all, for it it does it has a boundary, and that would define it as finite. There are infinite person/place/things, infinite variety, its mind boggling.

We are infinite beings as well.

If I were to loosely describe the ALL or Unity, Or Oneness, it would best be described as the Spirit of Peace and Love between us all, especially noticeable on the Higher Progressive Levels but always with us. It can be said that Light is God/Goodness/Family/All, and our very consciousness is Light.

So, while many will prefer their own views and perspective, the point is, its not one opinion, and what you call truth and lies is your subjective reasoning.

My son had an NDE and he was 100% better, when he chose to return to his family.
edit on 30-6-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 02:29 AM
link   

reply to post by unityemissions

Because mourning isnt something to be covered up by religious delusion.

There are good reasons to greave... there are good reasons to be sad... and telling somone lies to prevent them from growing emotionally isnt doing humanity any good.

The only person who needs to grow emotionally is you. Your narrow-minded hardline skepticism just makes you look foolish in a forum that's full of open-minded people. And you should really learn to spell before you start attempting to intellectually patronise people.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 02:40 AM
link   
reply to post by thoiter

The future will show how many people here were truely open minded. I wouldnt be so quick to praise this community, the worst is yet to come.

I will gladly be chastised for my incorrect assumptions should there be any. In the reverse how many from this community will survive a nihilistic realitization?

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join