It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Religious circumcision of kids a crime - German court

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by sputniksteve
reply to post by Shadow Herder

Oh OK I see I didn't realize I was dealing with a religious nut

Whatever makes you think that you are at all special or atleast try to convince yourself of what I said is not true. If you read what I wrote carefully I said , I am exactly the way god( or whatever) created me. Replace god with darwin for all i care. You muty.:

Try reading what is being typed instead of being in a hurry to tell me how I am mutilated, and not as good as snuffaluffagus penis.

You have been mutilated for religious reasons and now you mutilated your son for 'other' beliefs.
I am not attacking you but I would recommend that parents leave mutilations of the body to the owner of that body.
edit on 11-7-2012 by Shadow Herder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shadow Herder

Whatever makes you think that you are at all special or atleast try to convince yourself of what I said is not true. If you read what I wrote carefully I said , I am exactly the way god( or whatever) created me. Replace god with darwin for all i care. You muty.:

Thank you for that, I was getting too emotional. Was perfect. Its obvious we have differing opinions and neither are willing to budge. At least we have conviction in common. I think I have said all I want to say on the matter. You guys obviously know how I feel. I sincerely hope that we are all able to make the decisions we want to make instead of ones we are being force to make. Regardless of what that decision is, at least in regards to circumcision.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Thank you for that, I was getting too emotional. Was perfect. Its obvious we have differing opinions and neither are willing to budge. At least we have conviction in common. I think I have said all I want to say on the matter. You guys obviously know how I feel. I sincerely hope that we are all able to make the decisions we want to make instead of ones we are being force to make. Regardless of what that decision is, at least in regards to circumcision.

If you made your decision with your sons health and well being in mind then I am in no position to condemn or condone the practice. Actually it is meritorious if you did it with health in mind. Not so much if you did it for religious reasons. Jesus himself said that if circumcision was the will of god that man would be born without it.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Cutting off a piece of the penis for "religious reasons"...

Sometimes I picture some visitors from another planet visiting Earth the first time - then observing mankind and then, in an incredible rush of panic, backing away from this planet and warn all other "beings" never EVER to set foot on this planet or interact with the "humans" since they're all entirely insane.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnPhoenixI guess German doctors just aren't too good with health issues. By German doctors not being able to perform this for health reasons they endanger the child's life. The risk may be small but has great potential to grow into a huge problem.
edit on 28-6-2012 by JohnPhoenix because: sp

It's simply not profitable to perform circumcisions in Germany and most of the civilised world who have national health care, it would be a vast waste of money for zero benefit.

All of that improved health BS is nothing but a sales pitch to justify an outdated barbaric religious act, why wouldn't the US private health industry push circumcision when there's a constant stream of money to made from half of the newborn population?
edit on 11-7-2012 by mc1km because: correction

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by SuperFrog

Also, I am sorry to break it to you, but it is actually proven to do with hygiene and disease.

ROFL - every time i read about this subject i hear about the reference where they did some "study" somewhere deep in Africa with some native Zulu or whatever tribes - ALLEGEDLY proving that cutting the foreskin would "benefit hygiene".

Also, interestingly, from a physiological viewpoint women should have bigger problems "with hygiene" since their physiology would make their bodies more prone to infections as opposed to men - surprisingly i have never heard of such procedures done with women "for increasing their hygiene".

I am sad for two reasons:

1) Water and soap must be an extraordinary expensive thing wherever you live.
2) You and your son failing basic hygiene, or, for some bizarre reason, think that the extra skin poses a very difficult challenge when it comes to showering and bathing.

edit on 11-7-2012 by flexy123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by SyphonX
I forgot where I found it, but I once read an interesting correlation between circumcision, aggression and the military. Some ancient armies were forced into circumcision, with the worn-out excuse for "health" reasons. Anyway the article postulated that it was to make the men more aggressive, because they received less pleasure from their member, and it engrained in them a practice of having their manhood "branded" and themselves essentially "owned".

I think it's interesting, that of the countries that have "enforced" circumcision, most of them contain the most warring, violent men in modern times. Namely, America, and the Middle-East.

Estimates of the proportion of males that are circumcised worldwide vary from one-sixth[2] to a third,[3] and it is commonly practiced between infancy and the early twenties.[88] The WHO has estimated that 664,500,000 males aged 15 and over are circumcised (30% global prevalence), with almost 70% of these being Muslim.[88] Circumcision is most prevalent in the Muslim world, parts of Southeast Asia, Africa, the United States, the Philippines, Israel, and South Korea.
Source: Wikipedia

I think it's rather interesting. . .
edit on 8-7-2012 by SyphonX because: (no reason given)

Circumcision was done in the past simply to make masturbation more difficult.

Here you have your link to religion and the military.... basically, it was just another means to control people.

Of course, today not many are aware of the true origin, that's why we have those pseudo-reasons like "hygiene" etc.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by flexy123
ROFL - every time i read about this subject i hear about the reference where they did some "study" somewhere deep in Africa with some native Zulu or whatever tribes - ALLEGEDLY proving that cutting the foreskin would "benefit hygiene".

Also, interestingly, from a physiological viewpoint women should have bigger problems "with hygiene" since their physiology would make their bodies more prone to infections as opposed to men - surprisingly i have never heard of such procedures done with women "for increasing their hygiene".

I am sad for two reasons:

1) Water and soap must be an extraordinary expensive thing wherever you live.
2) You and your son failing basic hygiene, or, for some bizarre reason, think that the extra skin poses a very difficult challenge when it comes to showering and bathing.

edit on 11-7-2012 by flexy123 because: (no reason given)

Interestingly, all research was done here in USA, and to support my claim, I posted links to some of them as reference.

Care to show who, if anyone showed any research done in Africa?

As for sad part, I in state called 'lake state', so thank you, we have it enough. But I do get sad when horde of those who watch movie with me go to restroom and walks out without even washing their hands. Some people really don't know a thing about hygiene.

As for line 2, apparently you know more then doctors, witch I find hard to believe, as so far I did not see anything more then superstition made out of religion belief.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by SuperFrog

hygeine
well, it is one less place that can get dirty i suppose.so yeah, its for hygeine reasones, in the same way that i could cut off your arm 'for hygeine reasons'. hey, its one less place that can get dirty.

your seriously suggesting that parents would rather cut off their sons foreskins then explain how to wash it properly? what a crazy world we live in

edit on 11/7/2012 by DaveNorris because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by flexy123

What?

To make masturbation more difficult? Are you kidding me ? I am circumcised and it is PAINFULLY EASY for me to get my "kicks" as it were. Not a single person that i know has a problem reaching orgasm because they are circumcised. In fact the problem i hear from most of my friends (snipped and unsnipped alike) is that it is too EASY for them to reach orgasm.

Please provide some evidence for this.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by flexy123

Originally posted by SyphonX

I think it's rather interesting. . .
edit on 8-7-2012 by SyphonX because: (no reason given)

Circumcision was done in the past simply to make masturbation more difficult.

That has to be the most epic fail in the history of mankind!
edit on 11-7-2012 by mtnshredder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeathShield

What?

To make masturbation more difficult? Are you kidding me ? I am circumcised and it is PAINFULLY EASY for me to get my "kicks" as it were. Not a single person that i know has a problem reaching orgasm because they are circumcised. In fact the problem i hear from most of my friends (snipped and unsnipped alike) is that it is too EASY for them to reach orgasm.

In the past they didnt have ky jelly or vaseline so I can see how this could cause some issues if one were to feel the need to rub one out.

Here is a test for you cut people..... Test 1 Get some sugar and dip your tongue into it. Taste it, now touch your tongue. Move it around.

Test 2, stick your tongue out and breath heavily out of your mouth without moving your tongue, let it dry itself completely till it hurts to move. Now taste the sugar, you cant, now touch your tongue, its dry, hard, and almost senselessness.

Test 1 is the way to go.
You cut people have no Idea what youre missing.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeathShield

What?

In the past they didnt have ky jelly or vaseline so I can see how this could cause some issues if one were to feel the need to rub one out.

Here is a test for you cut people..... Test 1 Get some sugar and dip your tongue into it. Taste it, now touch your tongue. Move it around.

Test 2, stick your tongue out and breath heavily out of your mouth without moving your tongue, let it dry itself completely till it hurts to move. Now taste the sugar, you cant, now touch your tongue, its dry, hard, and almost senselessness.

Test 1 is the way to go.
You cut people have no Idea what youre missing.

Your test is convoluted and makes no sense. But for the sake of argument, how do you know that you aren't the one missing out? You really don't, you just assume your stimulation is better than mine. I mean really.

Do you need vaseline and KY jelly to masturbate? That seems odd. I certainly don't. I think you have some misconceptions on what it is to be circumcised. I know you think you are speaking from some position of authority but I think you are a bit deluded on the importance of a foreskin or your experience with it.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaveNorris

hygeine
well, it is one less place that can get dirty i suppose.so yeah, its for hygeine reasones, in the same way that i could cut off your arm 'for hygeine reasons'. hey, its one less place that can get dirty.

your seriously suggesting that parents would rather cut off their sons foreskins then explain how to wash it properly? what a crazy world we live in

People are doing it here in states, yeah i know, strange people...

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 03:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by SuperFrog

Originally posted by DaveNorris

hygeine

People are doing it here in states, yeah i know, strange people...

You said it brother

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 03:09 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 05:19 AM
link   
Eeeh, will be interesting to see how this goes.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by RogerT3

OK, so i just got a warning for posting an anatomical photo of a cut and intact penis (fully flaccid).

What's up with that?

No explanation, no courtesy, just an impersonal U2U that states not to reply.

I'm absolutely stunned and this will be my last post on ATS. My apologies to anyone I had promised or intended to reply to.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 08:36 AM
link   
reply to post by SibylofErythrae

There is no reason for you to remove body parts from someone against their will simply because you prefer not to wash.

Except it's not an issue of "preferring not to wash." I'll shower two times a day - sometimes more if I'm in a humid environment.

Further - whether you consider it a sufficient reason or not, it's irrelevant. The government doesn't have the authority, the jurisdiction, over such matters. Period.

The foreskin is ATTACHED to the meatus until a child is older. This means that your "less developed" foreskin means they are ripping it off the skin of the meatus while removing it.

Your ignorance on the matter does not change the fact that the procedure is less irritating, less hazardous, and overall less traumatic.

If you think this isn't painful, I will gladly dig up some videos of the procedure for you to watch. Why do you think that they don't have parents there when they do the procedure?

Most babies sleep through it under local anesthetic.

As for your video - I've seen babies more pissed off for no discernible reason whatsoever. How do I know it's not just acting pissed off because it's a baby and 'that's what they do.' It's also a classic example of a case study - which can never be used to illustrate trends in a population.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Yes. Babies heal faster from an unnecessary elective surgery. Stem cells - aren't they great?

What a great argument to continue the practice.

The other argument along this lines that I really enjoy is the one where women discuss how they prefer docked penises. So essentially, they are considering how well they would like screwing their own son as a basis for a decision.

Males are totally capable of making decisions about their own body parts when they reach an age to do so.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join