It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Religious circumcision of kids a crime - German court

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by SuperFrog
I agree that religious circumcision of children should stop, but medical one should be offered to all new parents.

When my son was born, we were offered to have him circumcised in hospital, and we gladly did it, after talk to our doctor, who strongly suggested to do it.

Millions of years of evolution and some quack thinks cutting of part of your penis foreskin is required. Sigh

Face it, you're circumcised, you are mutilated forever, not whole. Stop trying to make excuses.
edit on 5-7-2012 by Shadow Herder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maslo

Originally posted by brukernavn
Out of those whom find circumcision wrong, inhumane, and abusive, I wonder how many of those same individuals are against abortion. Would be interesting to know.

Abortion is accepted because of the right of the mother to decide what happens in her own body, or because early foetus has no working brain developed yet, so there is no victim anyway. None of these reasons apply to circumcision. So yes, it can be perfectly logical to be against circumcision and pro-abortion.

That is NOT true Maslo. Everyone is unique, and brain development is part of that equation.
Lying about something so general like that should have red flags popping up for every free thinker here/
Scientists haven't PROVED that life starts when a brain is functional, which is mindblowing considering their claims to only support factual details and truths.
They haven't decrypted the mysteries of the soul either.

For me, I could never murder my own, no matter how much other people say it's ok

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pelvi
I kinda like my circumcised deick to be honest

Probably because I grew up my whole life having one.

But my opinion on this is very simple.. Idgaf about what everyone else is doing.. If people want to do it go for it, if people don't all power to them..

BTW that HMERHEAD or w/e his name is is a complete troll.. Attacking someone because they prefer one over the other... LOL

Put it this way.. would you of paraded her if she agreed with you? Yes.
Then whysomadbro, when she doesn't.. It seems you have past issues from people judging you for it.

Get those fixed.
edit on 5-7-2012 by Pelvi because: (no reason given)

What the freak are you talking about again? I assume you didn't read my other replies or you wouldn't have said that

I have admitted that I'm cut but my religion at birth was for it. I think it should be up to the person, not the parents.
edit on 6-7-2012 by HamrHeed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 12:00 AM
link   
Parents who get children circumsized at the advice of doctors are taking the slack approach and inflicting excruciating pain on an infant that is totally unnecessary in a modern country or even just a country with clean water.

When you bath your boys.....to clean their penis....you just carefully peel the skin back. You don't even need to physically wipe it with a cloth, just as long as it gets water in their to flush.

I have 4 boys. None circumcised. No health issues to date. Ages 8, 6, 2 and a 3 mnth old.

If we were meant to have that, we would be born that way. Even Jesus has my back on this one.
edit on 6-7-2012 by LightAssassin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 12:03 AM
link   
reply to post by HamrHeed

The only time I can't opine on abortion is when a woman falls pregnant from a rape.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 12:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow
reply to post by Xaphan

German's are always making things hard on the Jewish people.. or so I hear.

This is nothing to do with targeting Jews. Christians and Muslims circumcise too. They're all equally stupid.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 04:10 AM
link   
reply to post by HamrHeed

Scientists haven't PROVED that life starts when a brain is functional, which is mindblowing considering their claims to only support factual details and truths.

The abortion question is not about when life starts, its about when personhood starts. And thats not a question of science, but of philosophy.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 04:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Xaphan

I was just making a joke. German's are very sensitive now about offending Jews and are Israel's closest ally (even over the US).

It's found in many cultures, but it's most prevalent in Jews and Muslims.
Not really a Christian thing except in countries where most people are Muslim.

Again.. it was just a joke.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 05:37 AM
link   
I wonder if Germany prosecutes those religious Christians who let their children die from preventable diseases by not taking them to the hospital?

What is more child abuse than that?

Point being........Germany has opened such a slippery slope. Careful what you wish for people.

edit on 6-7-2012 by HandyDandy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 06:04 AM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

Haha you are funny. A highschool virgin with a child. Please tell me more about my penis!

I love how you guys ignore testimonials from circumcised men. By far the most hypocritical emotion controled group of people i have ever encountered. Convincing yourselves that your opinions outweigh those of the parents.

Please keep them coming! Im serious, I really love it!

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 06:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shadow Herder

I agree that religious circumcision of children should stop, but medical one should be offered to all new parents.

When my son was born, we were offered to have him circumcised in hospital, and we gladly did it, after talk to our doctor, who strongly suggested to do it.

Millions of years of evolution and some quack thinks cutting of part of your penis foreskin is required. Sigh

Face it, you're circumcised, you are mutilated forever, not whole. Stop trying to make excuses.
edit on 5-7-2012 by Shadow Herder because: (no reason given)

Evolution does not mean always move to better, and survivability of our specie did not depend on circumcision.

What I am trying to say - we have a means to improve our life, to speed up evolution, and this happens to be one of them. To prove my point, take appendix for example. If we could have it removed at birth, we would prevent infections of the same later in life, and I know people who suffered from appendix infections and had it removed.

This (circumcision) tends to be more religious debate, because Jews and Muslims are doing it, and it is some sort of 'separation' between religious groups - used in some wars.

Now, science shows that circumcision is not mutilation of organ, as all of those circumcised are still able to perform, so how would you support your theory?

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 06:39 AM
link   
reply to post by SearchLightsInc

I totally agree with you. Every girl I've been with and been friends with has said they prefer circumcised to uncircumcised guys. That seems to be the norm in northeast US. Very few guys aren't circumcised around here and it's not even a religious thing, it's a looks thing. Most do it for purely cosmetic reasons. They just think circumcised dongs look better. Not saying they do, as it's a personal choice, but I'm glad my parents had it done to me. It's a logical decision by the courts, but I can't say I 100% agree, that's because of my bias. lol What a topic! Cutting penis skin off! JEEESSH lol

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 06:53 AM
link   
German court did not ban medical circumcisions, did it?

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 09:50 AM
link   

German court did not ban medical circumcisions, did it?

No, just religious and unnecessary circumcision.

Legitimate medical circumcisions are allowed.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by PsykoOps
Then why is it that these health issues are not an issue in places where they dont mutilate their children? Like Finland for example. This health argument is nothing but pure bs

Not exactly BS. It's more to do with the projected insecurity of those males who have had this procedure performed on them without their consent (i.e., as infants).

It's a bit like broaching the topic of rape with victims of the crime--you'll rarely get a veridical response and often only excuses and prevarication.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sablicious

Not exactly BS. It's more to do with the projected insecurity of those males who have had this procedure performed on them without their consent (i.e., as infants).

It's a bit like broaching the topic of rape with victims of the crime--you'll rarely get a veridical response and often only excuses and prevarication.

Sorry, but on contrary, only insecurity I see here is from those who had not this procedure.

Wonder if they will have a law to prevent piercing of children as well of adults, as that is infecting bodily harm as well as getting tattoo.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sablicious

Originally posted by PsykoOps
Then why is it that these health issues are not an issue in places where they dont mutilate their children? Like Finland for example. This health argument is nothing but pure bs

True. Its kinda sad watching the mutilated people make excuses for circumcision.

Sheath your sword. There is no benefit to mutilating the body in anyway. Science also said that sticking an ice pic in your eye socket and jumbling your frontal lobe can cure depression. Idiot humans.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 01:14 AM
link   
reply to post by sputniksteve

Ha.. dude you are oblivious. What is funny is you think you know what you are talking about, but have no idea. I am circumcised myself (and now anouncing it to the internet to make a point to one slow guy that's hopefully, for his sake, just a troll). Hook me up with these testimonials, I would love to read them. I gave you an informed opinion and you assumed I wasn't circumcised and went on with your babble.

Why don't you actually do some research.
edit on 7-7-2012 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by HandyDandy
I wonder if Germany prosecutes those religious Christians who let their children die from preventable diseases by not taking them to the hospital?

What is more child abuse than that?

Point being........Germany has opened such a slippery slope. Careful what you wish for people.

edit on 6-7-2012 by HandyDandy because: (no reason given)

Sorry to hear youre mutilated. You are un-pure, tainted, mangled, and marked. You fall in a group of may mutilated people. Maybe that is the mark of the beast. The mark that you are not worthy.

I am not part of that group. Sorry to hear that you were mutilated and such a young age. Its fun being untattoed, un mutilated, un pierced, pure , clean, healthy.

edit on 7-7-2012 by Shadow Herder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   
I love being circumsized, it's great really I don't have to worry about pulling skin back to clean out that disgusting cheese or fungus or whatever you wanna call it in there yuck! Plus the women LOVE it! Every woman I've been with or talked to say they CRINGE at the sight of an uncircumsized one and say it's absolutely gross!

No need to feel sorry for us cut guys, we're doing just fine.... We know you're just projecting your insecurities onto us but it's ok because none of us really care... See I'd rather takes a womans opinion on the look of my penis than some random guy on the internet!

edit on 7-7-2012 by jheated5 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join