It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American Muslims Stone Christians in Dearborn, MI

page: 30
<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

He calls EVERYONE a leftist if they have a mind of their own. He must think you have to follow Rush Limbaugh talking points to be on the right.
edit on 27-6-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Y would they go to a muslim festival with christian gear on, and not expect to get ridiculed.... I wouldnt go to the crappy dogers stadium with giants gear on and not expect to get ridiculed..

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by dayve
Y would they go to a muslim festival with christian gear on, and not expect to get ridiculed.... I wouldnt go to the crappy dogers stadium with giants gear on and not expect to get ridiculed..

They fully expected a fight. They did it last year as well, and last year, there were a few arrests made.

dearborn.patch.com...

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   
We have no room in our society for violence.
We pay taxes to have police to protect and serve us.
We have courts to decide innocence or guilt when violence happens and charges are filed.
Again i have absolutely no right to harm anyone only a right to defend myself from physical violence from another.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Furbs

The Christians were probably hoping to make the news so they could rant on about how the evil Muslims were trampling on their constitutional right to incite violence against anyone who doesn't agree wholeheartedly with them and their religion.

This was planned, I am certain of it. And most certainly not by the Muslims....

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   
That's pretty sick.

All of those kids should have been charged with assault and battery.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by mysterioustranger
A bloody pigs head was stuck on a pole and waved at the Muslims while Christians screamed at little kids that...
"Youre going to Hell!"..and "Allah is Satan!"

I was there as an EMT and treated no injuries.
edit on 06-10-2010 by mysterioustranger because: grammar

Pictures or it never happened.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by dontreally
reply to post by TRGreer

"to do an act or engage in "to do an act or engage in conduct that urges other persons to commit acts of unlawful force or violence" "

ughh... Clearly you have never read a book on law.

That article is incredibly vague... and since it is vague, we have to determine what constitutes ""to do an act or engage in conduct that urges other persons to commit acts of unlawful force or violence". Hence, why I made the distinction earlier between a moral provocation and a physical act of violence. The latter obviously qualifies as an act that incites violence. Now, between a peaceful gathering and a physical act of violence is the "gray area": the gray area usually refers to acts that are verbal which incite violence. For instance, not personally engaging in but calling for violence. That would definitely be an infringement of that article in the law.

How many times have Christians demonstrated outside a scientology center? Or for that matter, why are neo-Nazis permitted to walk the streets of Chicago, INTO JEWISH NEIGHBORHOODS - and this, much more egregiously immoral act of "free expression" is generally tolerated, but this more benign demonstration against Islam, albeit, not morally defensible, is not protected by the constitutional right of free speech?

Explain to me how the former is defensible but not the latter. Have fun with that.

I just read the law. You did post the law didn't you? What do I need to explain? Why I don't agree with your interpretation? You yourself said that this was a grey area did you not? Wouldn't it have been more appropriate for these protestors to picket the court house or who ever issued the permit if they hated this festival so much?
As for your other examples ... I don't believe anyone has the right to preach or cultivate hate. To many people hide behind free speech and forget that we are supposed to be civilized. It is possible to get a point across without hate.

link   

link   

Originally posted by Violater1

I see no reason not to believe him, unless you are a supporter of those whom were inciting violence.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by noonebutme

reply to post by DoctorMobius

Bunch of white people throwing bottles/rioting

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Furbs

Originally posted by dayve

They fully expected a fight. They did it last year as well, and last year, there were a few arrests made.

dearborn.patch.com...

It is actually a good tactic. First they insult their religion, then they wait for violent response and arrest the attackers. I think we need more such "insulters", not just against muslims, but also christians or other ideologies with extremist presence. But it should be better coordinated with the police, first.
edit on 27/6/12 by Maslo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Violater1

Originally posted by mysterioustranger
A bloody pigs head was stuck on a pole and waved at the Muslims while Christians screamed at little kids that...
"Youre going to Hell!"..and "Allah is Satan!"

I was there as an EMT and treated no injuries.
edit on 06-10-2010 by mysterioustranger because: grammar

You can scream anything you want, but it becomes illegal when you become a primitive caveman and start attacking people you disagree with.

That's the bottom line here.
Verbal provocation amounts to nothing.
Physical attacks are reprehensible and unacceptable.

They were acting like a mindless mob foaming at the mouth with anger and hate.
Typical religious fanatics actually. I don't know of any religions that Don't do this garbage.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   
edit on 27/6/12 by Maslo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

Mate, the Muslims were holding a festival, not a bloody protest. The Christians stomped in with signs accusing those peacefully celebrating Muslims of being akin to pedophiles, rapists and murderers.

As far as I am concerned the Christians were 100% in the wrong and were deliberately trying to start a fight so that it would make the news and they could have a whinge about it.

link   

Originally posted by aaron2388

Originally posted by Captain Beyond
reply to post by TrueAmerican

We will get our shot at the muslims someday. We already know how the cowboys and indians thing turned out.
Same outcome.

edit on 26-6-2012 by Captain Beyond because: (no reason given)

Lol you better take a good look around, devil..your numbers are dwindling..now might be a good time to distance yourself from your disgraceful, vile history and hope you don't have to answer for your sins..pray that the rest of us are more tolerant of you than you've been of us..just some advice for a dying breed, bigot

Threads such as this one consistently bring out the best and the worst in the ATS community (as seen above). Don't waste your breathe on the swine ( no pun intended). They will feel it in their body when they rot from the inside because of sick hatred. It's responses like aaron2388's that give me some faith in the ATS community and keeps me reading these threads. Thank you. It was very well spoken and we all could learn something from that.
edit on 27-6-2012 by ItsSocietysFault because: typo

link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash
That's pretty sick.

All of those kids should have been charged with assault and battery.

How about those provoking them on their holiday?

IMHO all extremism should be charged and under control, including those that are thanking God for dead soldiers.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maslo

It is actually a good tactic. First they insult their religion, then they wait for violent response and arrest the attackers. I think we need more such "insulters", not just against muslims, but also christians or other ideologies with extremist presence. But it should be better coordinated with the police, first.

I think you are an extremist. Can we start with you?

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Maslo

That would be entrapment if coordinated with police.

top topics

<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join