It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Benevolent Intelligent ET Lifeforms Are A Pipedream

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by jacygirl
reply to post by InternetGremlin

Maybe this is why they find us so interesting. They want these emotions back and are slicing our DNA into their creating a hydrid. (your quote)
Really? Do you think they would want them back? It seems to me that emotions (and emotional responses) are responsible for a lot of pain for human beings.
Considering the present state of our world, I wouldn't be surprised if they are trying to devise a way to REMOVE emotions from us (would that be DNA?). This would make us easier to control.....kind of like a global lobotomy....
I guess then we would either have peace......or we just wouldn't care?
jacygirl

LOL @ "Global Lobotomy"

Umm, I think you would be wrong there. Removing all emotion would make one remorseless and that must remain or wiping out a planet would be of no concern to them. Who would want a species buzzing around the universe like that?

I think what we need is telepathy!
Imagine if all could read everyone's mind. Famine and war would end immediately because all could personally feel the heartache it caused. Let us hope if anything, they are splicing into our DNA such abilities.

I found this lecture incredible that sorta pertains to that idea.

Some amazing concepts talked about in that lecture. Every human thought that was, is, or, will be, being stored as if a giant hard drive. Maybe the aliens are here archiving that info and about to hit RESET on our planet. Toss a Big Rock at us again and start over hehehe.

I do know, what ever is coming, I wish it would get here already. I am sick of watching Gaia get beat up by us stupid humans and all the death, chaos, wars, starvation, and pure evil heartlessness every where.

We are Due!

I want to vibrate out of this 3rd density into a 1000 years of peace and love, singing kumbaya. *g*

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Balkan

What is with these audacious sweeping claims that people come up with, especially something like this which is so subjective and hypothetical. I guess it's just an attempt at getting a rise out of folks. The fallacy here is that your assumption is based on the behavior of a species (US) who not only still burns fossils for fuel and behaves with very little collective regard for the future but pardon my language, hasn't learned to wipe it's ass correctly. I don't think it's possible to equate our model of destruction and discovery with the success of an intergalactic species.

In any event, I am 100% percent certain that you are incorrect because I know someone who I trust implicitly that has had encounters and his only side effect from the experience was improved health and rediscovered love for himself and humanity.

edit on 26-6-2012 by lordaqua because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Balkan

Originally posted by InternetGremlin
reply to post by Balkan

Your very first line.
I'd lay odds the drake equation is far to low, that there are millions of self aware beings here in our own galaxy.

Again, I never claimed we were alone. I claimed that the idea of benevolent, intelligent ET is very unlikely and I stated my case. Reading comprehension. Look into it.

Almost each one of your paragraphs began denying the possibility. It seems clear to me you were denying advance benevolent beings existence. At every turn you shot that possibility down or said they'd never show themselves.

There is no need to be rude or snotty implying my reading skills need improvement because I posted.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   
A lack of benevolence does not imply malevolence

Perhaps for the most part they would be neutral viewing the Earth as just one relatively minor point of interest

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Balkan

Idk i think that benevolent intelligent ETs are very possible. And i dont think humans are that bad, we show compassion, I think that should count for something. It seems like humans as a whole dont really want violence and seem to not be that aggressive. We are curious as to what lays beyond our own planet so we are investigating. That doesnt point to a species that has the goal to conquer in mind. This doesnt really answer your question but i see posts like this far to often and it makes me sort of upset because i think we should be proud to be humans and to be citizens of earth because we might not be the most advanced life form in the universe but we have a lot of potential and we are a young species so we are still learning but we have come along in the last 50 years. But i think that humans as a whole maybe arent "benevolent" but i think we are a friendly and understanding species that would be peaceful towards any species that doesnt automatically try to crush us. And i do think that we are on our way to being a benevolent species so i think it is very possible for a species more advanced than us who has gone through about the same stuff that we have and has moved passed the violence. Plus it doesnt appear that we send violent humans into space, it seems like our astronauts are pretty chill so unless the species of ET that comes to earth is just flat out malevolent, i dont know why they would send their most violent people to go on a mission to contact the people of earth, it seems like if they knew that there was an intelligent species on earth they would send their most peaceful and socially skilled people to make contact with the people of earth.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by quantumfluctuation
A lack of benevolence does not imply malevolence

Perhaps for the most part they would be neutral viewing the Earth as just one relatively minor point of interest

Maybe time is much different for them and a Baktun Galactic Rotation Cycle for us is just a day to them?
Ever read the Alien Interview?
www.thenewearth.org...

They are just popping in to checkout their Ant Farm's progress. Every once in a while sticking in a new Religion or performing what we would call a miracle as part of their experiment?

Earth recipe follows; pinch of Christianity, a dash of Islam, a sprinkle of Buddhism, some Judaism, mix up the races a bit for character, a couple Newt eyeballs tossed into the mix to make it interesting, now put on simmer for 2,000 years LOL

"Bubble, bubble, toil and trouble"

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by lordaqua
reply to post by Balkan

What is with these audacious sweeping claims that people come up with, especially something like this which is so subjective and hypothetical. I guess it's just an attempt at getting a rise out of folks.

Are you kidding me? I'm making sweeping audacious claims? I think my first line stated these were just some ideas I'd like this share. This is a forum, isn't it? I absolutely was trying to get a rise out of people. By bringing up a controversial discussion.. something with some substance, unlike most of the dreck that gets posted here.

The fallacy here is that your assumption is based on the behavior of a species (US) who not only still burns fossils for fuel and behaves with very little collective regard for the future but pardon my language, hasn't learned to wipe it's ass correctly. I don't think it's possible to equate our model of destruction and discovery with the success of an intergalactic species.

I disagree. I think it is possible. We have a model to study. Us. I think that's a good start. I guess we don't count in some way because we are 'bad'? heh

In any event, I am 100% percent certain that you are incorrect because I know someone who I trust implicitly that has had encounters and his only side effect from the experience was improved health and rediscovered love for himself and humanity.

Ah, now we get to the heart of your opinion. Thank you for sharing.

edit on 26-6-2012 by Balkan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Is it too hard for you to stay on topic? I mean, really. This is why I generally don't post here and stay away from this forum.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Is it too hard for you to stay on topic? I mean, really. This is why I generally don't post here and stay away from this forum.

Are not aliens the topic and their existence or do I need to work on reading comprehension?
It's no wonder you do not like posting being so sarcastic to those who reply.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by jacygirl

Maybe this is why they find us so interesting. They want these emotions back and are slicing our DNA into their creating a hydrid. (your quote)
Really? Do you think they would want them back? It seems to me that emotions (and emotional responses) are responsible for a lot of pain for human beings.
Considering the present state of our world, I wouldn't be surprised if they are trying to devise a way to REMOVE emotions from us (would that be DNA?). This would make us easier to control.....kind of like a global lobotomy....
I guess then we would either have peace......or we just wouldn't care?
jacygirl

I love emotions. Sure, sometimes emotions are sucky but for the most part, they are what would make living exciting. If i had the option of having my emotions removed or being sad for 7 years before feeling happy again i would choose the latter in a heartbeat. Imagine life without emotions. I think we would cease to move forward as a species, i really do. I dont think things can even be invented without emotions, we probably would still be cave people, maybe we would have already died out.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Are not aliens the topic and their existence or do I need to work on reading comprehension?
It's no wonder you do not like posting being so sarcastic to those who reply.

The topic is at the very top of the page you #ing twit.

Wow.. You do have some issues.
I replied to someone who replied other than you, and you call me names.

edit on 26-6-2012 by InternetGremlin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Do you know what I do to insects? When they get in my room, I do not kill them, I just catch them with paper and let them fly outside. What makes you think highly spiritual aliens unlike me, the evil, so horrible person, would not really do the same to humans, i.e not harm them? It is possible, there is no reason to think they are necessarily that hostile, they could be neutral as well.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Balkan

Hopefully ET's are like Bonobo's then and want to share and help and enlighten and help us to better ourselves.

That is all we can hope for.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   

reply to post by Balkan

Your very first line.
I'd lay odds the drake equation is far to low, that there are millions of self aware beings here in our own galaxy.

Again, I never claimed we were alone. I claimed that the idea of benevolent, intelligent ET is very unlikely and I stated my case. Reading comprehension. Look into it.

Almost each one of your paragraphs began denying the possibility. It seems clear to me you were denying advance benevolent beings existence. At every turn you shot that possibility down or said they'd never show themselves.

There is no need to be rude or snotty implying my reading skills need improvement because I posted.

In the poster's defense i, too, thought you didnt really "get" it. The poster never denied the existence of ETs, just of benevolent intelligent ETs, benevolent meaning non violent and loving, a species with the purest intention of love and peace towards other species of the universe. Idk maybe im not getting something here either but there is no evidence in the topic post that the poster denies the existence of ETs.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Imtor

Hollywood made us believe otherwise...

They must have an army that is ready to attack (ID4), or at least do the same we're doing to other animals here (zoo, experiments on animals - Rise of the Planet of Apes)....(day the earth stood still comes to mind, not sure why)

Balkan, what part of Balkan peninsula are you from? (zemljak?) Take it easy, there is no need to call someone names etc...

edit on 26-6-2012 by SuperFrog because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-6-2012 by SuperFrog because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Imtor
Do you know what I do to insects? When they get in my room, I do not kill them, I just catch them with paper and let them fly outside.

How do you sleep at night knowing you step on them and kill them by the thousands probably everyday driving in your car? I wash them down the toilet if I can't get them outside.

What makes you think highly spiritual aliens unlike me, the evil, so horrible person, would not really do the same to humans, i.e not harm them?

You have a point, but I would ask you are you modeling your highly spiritual alien after your own concepts and beliefs. I do believe you may be! How do you know there are any such beings whatsoever?

It is possible, there is no reason to think they are necessarily that hostile, they could be neutral as well.

It is possible to entertain the idea even for a moment that they are hostile? Why should they idea be so repugnant? Hmmm.

My entire point and the experiment of this thread is to point and out and question why we are so resistant to the opposite of what you are suggesting. If people think my ideas are kooky, then bless them. I have no problem with it, even if it does prove my point in a way.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   
seeing as we have never encountered any ETs we cannot determine if they would be benevolent or not

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaveNorris
seeing as we have never encountered any ETs we cannot determine if they would be benevolent or not
And yet again I would point out the obvious that we are space-faring creatures ourselves, so we can at least entertain some sort of ideas on what intelligent ET may be like, based on ourselves.

Or can we? Interesting. To me, anyway.
edit on 26-6-2012 by Balkan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by eyesontheskies

reply to post by Balkan

Your very first line.

In the poster's defense i, too, thought you didnt really "get" it. The poster never denied the existence of ETs, just of benevolent intelligent ETs, benevolent meaning non violent and loving, a species with the purest intention of love and peace towards other species of the universe. Idk maybe im not getting something here either but there is no evidence in the topic post that the poster denies the existence of ETs.

I agree and disagree. IMO Benevolent ET are everywhere. Maybe I should have specified Evil ET, Advanced, what ever. I would imagine there's millions (billions or trillions) of all types in the universe.

What ever I lacked in specifics should not warrant a verbal lashing from the OP.

I simply said, IMO there's got to be benevolent beings all over the place.

Water under the bridge. I do not want to intrude his space any longer. the OP has a sensitive nerve for the slightest deviation. Lord forbid I suggest anything otherwise.

No worries OP, am unsubbing thread.

peace

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join