It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Death An Illusion? Evidence Suggests Death Isn’t the End

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by TRGreer Squandering this life for reward in the next is completely absurd to me.

Not too mention, it is not a morally defensible position whatsoever.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by samaka
reply to post by LesMisanthrope

With that said, a person who is in vegetable state doesn't have a working brain system, his conscious just sits and observes the world around him just like it would in dream state. Some believe such as Adampants (look him up on youtube) believes since a vegetable person has no real connection with his brain thus no connection with his ego self, is living his life in a higher vibrational state of consciousness. In order for our higher selves communicate with us our lower selves it does that through our intuition which is associated with our life memories, learnings and since the vegetable person has connection with that information our higher conscious has no communication with the reality that you and I see today.

Or, the man in the vegetative state is actually living his life, lying in a bed in a vegetative state. To say he is off dancing on a vibrational field somewhere in a different dimension is pure speculation and patchy guesswork, especially when you can see that he is not.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 09:58 AM
link   

post proof if you can ... but we both know you're just posting your opinion .

Fine have your beliefs but it is personal and unverifiable so have at it .

Just never expect me to accept what you say as opposed to what I experienced .

edit on 27-6-2012 by R0CR13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 10:08 AM
link   
[

Our consciousness is a mystery. Many fields have tried to study it and explain it, and the best and closest explanation is, when multiple parts of your brain and working in tandem, compared to just the basic functions, that is consciousness. There is a distinct difference if you do a brain scan.

That said, your memories, feelings, fears, loves, all of that, is programmed in neuron pathways and synapses in your brain. That part, indeed, dies

This is WHY I believe in God...plain and simple. Our very "essence of being" is all connected in the most marvelous way!

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by R0CR13

post proof if you can ... but we both know you're just posting your opinion .

Fine have your beliefs but it is personal and unverifiable so have at it .

Just never expect me to accept what you say as opposed to what I experienced .

edit on 27-6-2012 by R0CR13 because: (no reason given)

Think about it. If you look at a man in a vegetative state. Is he dancing on a vibrational field somewhere? or laying in a hospital?

I don't need to prove anything when you're making the outrageous claims.

You said I'll figure it out when I die. Well, are you dead? Did your body decompose into dust? Are you not still alive? Are you a ghost typing on a keyboard? How can you know more about death than I when you're still alive?

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by oghamxx

I would like to see this evidence you claim in the title of the post, for the reason, that you cannot quantify the human councsiouncess or prove that we have a 'soul'

Einstein if I am correct was ridiculed within the scientific community for his papers and supporting work for the theory of everything also, as clever as he was, he believed that God & Science could walk hand in hand, which is difficult when one can be proven and the other is purely on faith.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Funnily though, with which I am going to contradict my own last comment.

''prove to me, that you aren't a figment of my imagination'' ?

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   
I believe in an afterlife and everything appears more lively there than here. Only in my imagination needless to say, I just believe anyone can in a way experience the beyond while living but I'll not digress about the minds eye and it's possible functions.

Although I have lost some of that drive to live and experience life it is being replaced by a drive to experience eternity. Which is very long, much longer than this short life. While it's true I am devoting time to thinking about an afterlife and obviously that time does not go to the "living", I still believe it is valuable while it has made me question many things, have made me see life in a different way. From an imaginary perspective in the beyond, life just appears different and I believe I see more now than when I thought I was living in the moment.

Sometimes I believe people who do not believe in an afterlife don't have that will to experience since they expect it to end some time. I however have accepted I will still exist when my body decomposes, which I found quite hard to deal with. Raised by atheists or at least non-religious folks I guess there was this definitive end to my experience of this life in the back of my mind which provided all kinds of benefits I didn't realize I had until I became convinced of an afterlife. Without that end things you do start to matter how you will become in the future and in the afterlife and it might determine the circumstances or in other words which Heaven one ends up.

It's like something told me how I might not be here tomorrow, that I might be some place else, even perhaps without family, friends, anyone I ever met. That something is just the memory of death which is somewhat persistant in my mind since I regard it part of life or this existence. There might be an afterlife, or not. Neither can be proven by any of us, it can only be answered by the individual. Which I'm glad about because it implies a sense of freedom of thought, everyone must make up their minds about the question themselves even if they choose to deny an afterlife.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   
You dont need to be a Shaman, the right combonation of MDMA and '___' will easly open your extra sensory organs long enough to see the universe for what it truley is. Tested and Proven.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by pigsy2400

Firstly I claim nothing. I am only the messenger. Dr. Lanza makes the claims which I find plausible.

I suggest you visit www.robertlanzabiocentrism.com...
and read the ENTIRE article. It includes brief descriptions of several experiments which you may want to take under consideration as 'evidence'.

If they do not meet your criteria for evidence allow me to further suggest that you read a few of the many articles by Dr. Lanza listed along the right side of his web site. Please note that I have only read a few of them myself and am thus unable to suggest which ones might influence you thinking on this subject.

I fully admit that PART of my belief in an afterlife, eternal and in a vastly different plane of existence, is nothing more than my considered opinion based upon my personal experience in having observed 3 people nearing death, an aunt, grandmother and father in law whom IMO were NOT hallucinating. Slightly related are my personal memories of childhood astral projection, all on this plane.

Regards

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by LesMisanthrope

Originally posted by samaka

With that said, a person who is in vegetable state doesn't have a working brain system, his conscious just sits and observes the world around him just like it would in dream state. Some believe such as Adampants (look him up on youtube) believes since a vegetable person has no real connection with his brain thus no connection with his ego self, is living his life in a higher vibrational state of consciousness. In order for our higher selves communicate with us our lower selves it does that through our intuition which is associated with our life memories, learnings and since the vegetable person has connection with that information our higher conscious has no communication with the reality that you and I see today.

Or, the man in the vegetative state is actually living his life, lying in a bed in a vegetative state. To say he is off dancing on a vibrational field somewhere in a different dimension is pure speculation and patchy guesswork, especially when you can see that he is not.

I recall being unconscious in hospital and I could hear people and was aware of tubes etc being placed in my hands, I was trying to communicate to the people around me though couldn't, it wasn't until they pulled some vital tubes that I regained consciousness.

I was far from in a higher dimension, it also wasn't fun, it was frustrating.

I have also had other near death experiences and been unconscious on other occasions where I felt like I left my body on a sort of silver string of light, I could see my self in the form of something like an astral body, my physical shape though made of light andwearing something like a long light blue nightdress, there was light around and it felt ethereal. On one occasion I recall floating to a ceiling but it was frightening, like leaning right out 180 over a cliff being held by a string. I just wanted to get back and was scared as I felt had I got through the ceiling that was it. All in all it wasn't a nice experience.
edit on 27-6-2012 by theabsolutetruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Death is NOT the end.

I had a near-death experience. I was dead but not gone. There is more when we die.

Have faith, not necessarily religious. We do go on.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by disgustingfatbody
Death is NOT the end.

I had a near-death experience. I was dead but not gone. There is more when we die.

Have faith, not necessarily religious. We do go on.

Death is permanent. You did not die. You were merely near death.

Death is the cessation or PERMANENT termination of all biological functions that sustain a living organism. Phenomena which commonly bring about death include old age, predation, malnutrition, disease, suicide, murder and accidents or trauma resulting in terminal injury. All known organisms inevitably experience death.[1] Bodies of living organisms begin to decompose shortly after death.

from Wikipedia (my emphasis)

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Dragonfly79

I considered posting this much earlier but this thread has vastly exceed my expectations. Something about your post tells me it is time.

Back in the 60's or 70's I read a most interesting book, The Rosicrucian Cosmo-Conception (1929?). It is very large and a few points have stuck in my mine as plausible over these many years.

In a nutshell, the Creator gave free will to his creations. They then delved deeper and deeper in to the material worlds (planes of existence), found pleasure there and became 'stuck' and unable to return to the Creator. As 'punishment' they must work their way back into the good graces. How? Reincarnation/karma. It is not an easy task as some spend thousands of 'lifetimes' on each plane. There are 7 planes, the higher being less material until you become pure energy.

As an aside the entity we know as Christ achieved perfection having lived only one lifetime in each plane. The only entity to do so. Christ then chose to return to various planes at various times to assist others on their journey back.

On a lower level your predeceased loved ones can come back to assist you upon you death to enter the next plane.

Do I accept it all? No, but I would like to as it would explain so much of what I have experienced, do believe and would like to believe.

If the book has not been the subject of a thread it should be.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by darkbake
reply to post by oghamxx

I have been writing philosophy based on a many-worlds interpretation of quantum physics for about four years now, I am going to put up a thesis paper about it on ATS one of these days. It seems like that is the direction science is taking us, which is interesting.

So star and flag for being an important issue in the coming years!
edit on 26-6-2012 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

I'd be very I te rested in your pAper. Let us know when

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Don't tell me what happened to me. You weren't there.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Don't tell me what happened to me. You weren't there.

You said you had a near death experience. So I am giving you the benefit of the doubt. I just think you're confused as to what death is.

Death is permanent. Are you still dead? No. So you didn't die. Your heart may have stopped, but you didn't reach death.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

My brother and I pondered this for days and we came up with a time-matrix, as opposed to a time-line. In the "time-matrix", each line in the matrix is a timeline, and each next line is an increment of time (could be any increment, doesn't matter if it's 1 second, minute, hour, or century). So you get a grid where everything is happening simultaneously, but not in each line. As you "move" across a single line, the moments move simultaneously. It's hard to describe. Try this:

So no matter what timeline you are on, every moment is happening at the same time, in a different reality. Sometimes you view glimpses of the "future", and have a deja vu when you get there. So if you're on the first timeline, at point 3, you might glimpse point 6 on your vertical axis, and then when you reach point 6 on your actually horizontal time-line, you have a deja vu.

I hope this explains a little of what I imagine.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   

How the F do you know what happened to me?

Were you there? N O

Did you talk to my doctor? N O

I used NDE because that is the closest approximation in people's minds.

I was off like a computer in hibernation, floating free, at peace, but I still had power.

Go play expert with someone else.

You. Weren't. There.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   

How the F do you know what happened to me?

Were you there? N O

Did you talk to my doctor? N O

I used NDE because that is the closest approximation in people's minds.

I was off like a computer in hibernation, floating free, at peace, but I still had power.

Go play expert with someone else.

You. Weren't. There.

Don't tell me what to do, boss.

Do you pay my bills? No.

Did I say I was there? No.

But I know for a fact you didn't die because you're still here typing on a computer making outrageous claims. I have superpowers in my dreams too.

Shakespeare? Dead. Einstein? Dead. JFK? Dead. Whitney Houston? Dead. disgustingfatbody? still disgustingfatbody and alive.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join