It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Terrence Mcenna

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Thank you, Coco. Thank you too Stereologist.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 06:45 PM
link   
I've found Terence Mckenna's ideas to be great fodder for my own thinking, particularly his trialogues with Ralph Abraham and Rupert Sheldrake, but I think of him as a path finder more than as a teacher. He came upon some traces of something that ought to be followed, but I doubt he could have guessed from a mortal vantage point where they will lead in the end, especially when it comes to the time wave and the "transcendental object at the end of time".

For those who may not have a good grasp on the subject [I don't have a perfect grasp on it myself, but now and then I have a moment of insight and I feel like I get it all] Terence seemed to argue that there is a particular end state for the universe which in some sense has already been achieved, and is inducing itself into its own form by resonance across time- effectively creating itself from the future. He also argued that the speed at which this is happening is not constant, but is influenced by the topography of time [which should have all the ups and downs and obstacles of the dimensions of space].

He described this evolution in terms of habit versus novelty- novelty being the tendency of the universe to organize what seems to be chaos into more complex and ordered states at certain times, and habit being the tendency of the universe to preserve that complexity in defiance of the law of entropy (I don't remember ever hearing him say it, but I would argue that this would have to be achieved by the universe "shrinking" in some sense to save complexity on a smaller scale [think fractal] despite an ebb in the organizing influence).

In a nutshell, the argument seems to be for continuous growth of information, sometimes leaving most matter behind or sometimes bringing it along for the ride, depending on where you are in the timewave

What happens to the timewave in 2012? Habit drops to zero- perhaps meaning infinite novelty and complexity. Terence suggested this might indicate the moment that time travel is achieved. One could argue it could also be the moment we cross the event horizon of a black hole maybe, but if we were that close I think we'd have not only noticed but ceased to notice by this point.

And then there's the accuracy question. Time wave was recallibrated to get the Dec 21 date. It was recallibrated from an earlier interpretation of the I-Ching. So if you don't believe the I Ching and the Mayan Calendar used to recallibrate it are completely accurate, Time Wave isn't completely accurate.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 06:50 AM
link   
The Vagabond, I spent so much time thinking about the " date issue " of the timewave. Technically, the number of days from August 6 1945 that Mckenna wanted to obtain was such that the supposed date is November 18 2012. Terence Mckenna shifted from December 22 2012 for some years ( I think he didn't calculated at the time
( the 1980s ) the February 29th in the year 2012 ) to November 16/18 ( I found out both dates ) to finally, in 1993, December 21 2012.
He never arrived to December 21 2012 with the first result.

There is just one thing I agree with the date December 21...I costantly analyze the graph at home, and I find December 21 is the correct date because of the precise results I got.

And there is one thing that makes me wonder, still, if you look at the graph, the most novel day of 1945 is the anonymous September 8 1945, instead of August 6 1945. Still, the graph works the same.

We are too late in the year to think about the date issue. We will find out eventually, being in November or being in December...

If you look at the thread " countdown to transition " for some time I suggested the date February 23 2013.
This because the graph at the end of 2012 is exactly the same of the end of 2010, and so, the graph maybe could go off-screen , off-scale for 64 days. 64 is very important in timewave.

Who knows , by the way, there will be a date, that is sure, and soon enough.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 07:10 AM
link   
You could make the argument that September 8 1945 was more novel than the dropping of the bomb on Hiroshima. While that was technologically very novel indeed, it was pretty habitual in terms of the war that was going on. A fire bombing would have been almost as bad afterall.

However on September 8 1945, US troops arrived in Korea to partition the country and keep the Russians only in the North. Nuclear weapons would not necessarily have increased the complexity and organization of the world- the arrival of a very large blunt instrument on the global stage could have made things a lot simpler, and a lot more in line with the uglier side of historical habit... but the rearranging of the alliance that had just won the war and lost its reason for being into two rival factions in a race to divide up the globe between themselves definitely increased the complexity and organization of the world.

So there's a bit of support for your position. Personally I've never done much with the time wave, not because I think the underlying theory is unsound, just because I think there is too much "noise", and we have too poor of an understanding of what the "signal" we're trying to pick out of it really is, to make very much practical use of it. I might as well try to learn the language of the Machine Elves.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 07:46 AM
link   
Thank you
I never considered that possibility. It makes me think that Mckenna probably didn't said something, for some reason...
He said that August 6 1945 represented the resonance with Big Bang and the first moment in which humanity could destroy itself.

I'm still suggesting that possibly December 21 2012 is a point of no return, the point in which we say " something is going on " than 64 days later we see the whole thing...
In 2010 everybody was looking at November 14 2010, when the culmination of novelty was on January 17 2011, 64 days later. Many many things were going on, but than in January the whole saga of Arab Spring exploded.
Maybe it will be the same in 2012.

We still are trying to understand all the movements of the graph, and how consciousness reacts to them.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by rusty1212
Ok well right now the only thing that still freaks me out about december 21st is timewave zero.

Can someone just debunk it for me so i can relax.

I dont buy the mayan crap, or the nibiru crap but the timewave zero was produced in mid 90s before the hype and it creeps me out a bit.

Why are you afraid of Dec 21? Mckenna never mentioned that a doomsday will happen on that date, he was talking about a transition, a turning point, a point of singularity. He referred it as the "end times" but he didn't meant it literally, he meant the end of time, as time will cease from being linear as it is now.

No one really knows what (and if) something will happen for sure, but it is silently accepted by many that a change is coming. Have no fear, changes and evolution are always for the best.
edit on 27-6-2012 by Shuye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Shuye

No one really knows what (and if) something will happen for sure, but it is silently accepted by many that a change is coming. Have no fear, changes and evolution are always for the best.

can I take your words to the bank?
safe to say "Time will Tell"

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Vagabond
...Personally I've never done much with the time wave, not because I think the underlying theory is unsound, just because I think there is too much "noise", and we have too poor of an understanding of what the "signal" we're trying to pick out of it really is, to make very much practical use of it. I might as well try to learn the language of the Machine Elves.

The underlying problem with the software TWZ is summed here. You can't trust it algorithmically and, hence, arithmetically.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 04:57 AM
link   
Does anyone know where I can find a list of dates that resonate with one another?

Perhaps Zagari might know?

I was watching a video on Youtube where McKenna ran off a few, which I found very interesting, but I've not been able to find a comprehensive list.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Discursively – I mean propaganda-wise – McKennaism is (or used to be) the sort of grand shibboleth that is systematically used and leveraged whenever the speaker needs to strike the Liberal pose. In other words, when you wish to appear as the sober, reasonable, competent, sharp and compassionate moderate, you begin to envelop yourself in McKennaism verbigeration: you start with, “as a McKennaist, I should say that…,” and then ~to impress upon the audience a comforting image of your expert and humane “knowledge”~ you go on dropping around abstruse nonsense such as “the psychedelics in human evolution” and the incontournable “Big Bang fallacy.”

The objective of this standard psychical charade is to convey to those around you that: 1) quite evidently you understand perfectly and technically what is being discussed (when, in truth, you don’t); and 2) most critically, that you are a well-bred bourgeois that is possessed by no indecorous whim to challenge authority, but that you nonetheless have always taken a deepest and purest interest in the fate of the poor little folk.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 09:15 PM
link   
can someone just debunk it already!

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by rusty1212

Cannot be done yet, whatever the skeptics say, it just can't be done yet.
There is no reason, since the theory looks like its working very well.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by rusty1212
can someone just debunk it already!

Been there, done that.

Sorry.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaticusMaximus

Originally posted by TopherWayne
Mr. McKenna was the man! May he rest in peace.

I wish he was still around for these times... he was very intelligent, insightful, even wise to some degree...

Why couldnt Dick Cheney have gotten highly aggressive brain cancer instead, and died in his place? Or some other psychopathic, wicked demon, like a Rothschild?

It seems the good really do die young. And yes, 53 is young in a modern, industrialized Western nation... or at least it SHOULD be.

/sigh.

Lewis Black the comedian says that "The good die young and PRICKS live forever. So go out your front door and look at the little neighborhood children playing in front of your house and yell , get the hell outta here you little sh$ts! It will be like taking a vitamin pill."

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Shuye

A pleasant sentiment, and one that I try to use myself, but to play devil's advocate for a moment, from what viewpoint is change and evolution always good? I submit that this is only true on the whole. For that which is not an end unto itself- like your tail, which died before you were even born, as you were being 'scultped by the hand of death' it was actually kind of a raw deal.

For the soil to stay right and the plants to grow and us to eat and consciousness to be manifested, the dung beetle has to eat scum and die... and we may be to the finished product of evolution as the dung beetle is to us. But then again a dung beetle is probably always happy to find a new pile... and we have our own piles right now, that on some levels we actually seem to enjoy... so maybe we're where we belong and will stay here doing our job without knowing what it is forever, while evolution carries on above us like an ex who has traded up. It may already be doing exactly that without our notice.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 03:47 AM
link   
reply to post by AlchemicalMonocular

No, you haven't been there, done there. Timewave is not debunked, full stop. There is no evidence of debunking, neither from you, neither from anyone who tried to.
Timewave is still on, and will be recognized as successful soon.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zagari
reply to post by AlchemicalMonocular

No, you haven't been there, done there. Timewave is not debunked, full stop. There is no evidence of debunking, neither from you, neither from anyone who tried to.
Timewave is still on, and will be recognized as successful soon.

Soon? Like, when, tomorrow? Because as of today, over a decade later since McKenna oversold his crap to anyone who would cough up a drachma, the only people who give TWZ any credibility are the gullible and the still-drugged-over-from-the-70s.

And you.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 09:00 AM
link   
And 210 pages of posters, that unlike you, know about good manners...

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zagari
And 210 pages of posters, that unlike you, know about good manners...

Really?

Here's one handing you your butt without one bit of nicety.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   
I just read an article about a new Mayan calendar being found in Guatemala.

New Mayan calendar artifacts discovered
www.foxnews.com...

"I was very amazed and amused yesterday to notice that that panel records the date of the end of the 13th baktun (20 cycles of the Mayan long count calendar), which for us is coming up in just a few months time in December of 2012," Dr. David Stuart of the University of Texas at Austin told Reuters.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join