It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Crop Circle story you've never heard from Williamsburg, VA

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 03:28 AM
link   
reply to post by HtownRocks111

I have lived in SE Virginia most of my life.

I asked him if he tried to check out the site in person. He said he did not. I will ask, though, the questions you posed. There are several others where I work old enough to remember and from the area. If I get the time and the chance, I will talk to them too.

I'll let you know if any of them remember anything of substance.

edit on 28-6-2012 by Hugues de Payens because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyInTheOintment

I'm a witness to UFO's, I may have been abducted, strange things happen sometimes that can not be logically expliained.

I Can't link or I would have this thread as my sig' Please have a look at this thread, you may need to use the search engine but it is there but under our un-explained rug lol muhohaha

Is this a Ufo or Stealth Drone ?, page 1

The truth as Fox said so frequently in the X-Files 'is out there'

Peace, good vibes and truth to all

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 28/6/2012 by theguygeeza because: Added sig'

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   
**UPDATE**

Spoke with a gentlemen today who I would call a pioneer of Williamsburg. For those who live in Virginia and know about Ukrop's grocery stores, he actually made arrangements with Mr. Ukrop to expand to Williamsburg and build the first Ukrop's building. He served a seat for the town in the 80's and 90's. Today he can be found running a business of his on Jamestown road near 199. However I will not give out his personal information.

Anyways, he went on to tell me he moved to Williamsburg from Richmond in 1972, 7 years after the supposed UFO. The house he lived in was right across the street from the field these "crop circles" were made. When I asked him about the UFO he didn't hesitate once to admit he knew of this incident happening. When I asked him about the crop circles, he spoke with no doubt when he said they weren't crop circles. He says they were marks in the ground left by the "tripod."

I cringed just like you just did reading that word and hearing it phrased like that. The original story that was told to me from my co-workers mom said something similar. She explained it as "marks left from the landing gear of the spaceship." The problem is, as soon as you tell that to anyone that has the smallest amount of skepticism in them, you will be laughed at and possibly stoned.

However I do get what he means. Marks were left in the ground from this object. I asked him if they were BURN marks from extensive heat from the craft, he said maybe but believes it was mainly caused by the weight of the craft. Nevertheless, I was a little disappointed because the thought of investigating one of the first crop circles EVER to my knowledge is exciting.

What makes the icing on the cake that much SWEETER is when he said these markings were STILL there 7 years later when he moved to town. Anyone that is familiar with the old outlet mall, the gentleman told me the markings were not where the actual building is, but if your standing at the intersection of Richmond/Centerville, it would be the counter-corner side of the mall under the parking lot is where it all took place.

I'll update this thread with anymore information. Please feel free to ask me questions at PChildres at gmail dot com.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Has there been considerable differences in the way UFO's are described through time? Did they start describing them as mushroom shapes, then saucers, then triangles, etc? Does the same go for aliens? I remember reading declassified UFO/alien encounters one time and the encounter was described as a large red being. Later encounters were with green/grey beings.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 01:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by gartenspinnen
Has there been considerable differences in the way UFO's are described through time? Did they start describing them as mushroom shapes, then saucers, then triangles, etc? Does the same go for aliens? I remember reading declassified UFO/alien encounters one time and the encounter was described as a large red being. Later encounters were with green/grey beings.

It's interesting you ask this. It's almost as if ET technology advances just like our technology does. Stories and evidence/photos seem to get more advanced with engineering as time goes on.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by dashdespatch
reply to post by woodwytch

I was commenting on signalfires comment not the op
I have no doubt a ufo could leave an indentation in a field ala the rendlesham ufo incident

Apologies and hush my mouth
I stand corrected

Woody

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Star and flag for post..... interesting

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Brilliant thread OP . I applaud your research and your tenacity . I notice the usual sceptic element arrived on the first page . He is the bane of every sincere researcher and I hope his comments haven't deterred you .

Good luck with your follow up research and I for one are 100% behind you .
S+F

DP

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by salmoneggs
This is obviously just your old ufo sighting/big pottery scheme. All the big pottery names in Williamsburg used to say aliens were there just to get people to the fields to buy pots.

I doubt the Op is selling pots , so what in your " expert " opinion , do you think the OP's motives are here ?
Do us a favour and take your trolling to the next bridge.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by dawnprince

Originally posted by salmoneggs
This is obviously just your old ufo sighting/big pottery scheme. All the big pottery names in Williamsburg used to say aliens were there just to get people to the fields to buy pots.

I doubt the Op is selling pots , so what in your " expert " opinion , do you think the OP's motives are here ?
Do us a favour and take your trolling to the next bridge.

In his defense those are the exact words of the owner/previous owner of the Williamsburg Pottery. He believes it's a story that was made up just to draw tourists in. It's funny though because if this incident was a hush-hush-type thing, no one would know about it. Between the two theories of this event taking place and they tried keeping it quiet or that this is some story fabricated to draw interest to the town... I would take the side of something strange DID happen because roughly 95% of residents here who have lived here since the 70's don't know anything about this.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Very cool thread, OP. I'm actually 45 min away from there, in Norfolk. Maybe I'll go up there myself to have a look around

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 08:50 PM
link   

The yellow X is where I believe these "marks" were in the fiield. However I need to show this to a guy that remembers exactly where they were. There is a patch of trees behind the mall, would anyone care to plan to search in those trees sometime soon with me?

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Crop circles have been around for 100's of years, probably a thousand or more.

What differ's is what is going on at the time and what people attribute to making the circles.

The Mowing Devil

was printed in a pamphlet back in 1678, and the crop circles were said to be the work of the Devil.

Well when we see crop circles in the 1960's what is going on at the time to attribute the cause of these circles? Well UFO's were a quite popular topic then, as we came closer to the realization of possibly travelling into space ourselves. So we ditched Satan as the cause for the circles in favor of ET's.

Personally as an artist, and as a lover of mostly all forms of art, people can do amazingly precise things. Photo-realistic drawings always blows my mind, among the 100's of thousands artistic masterpieces that blow most peoples minds. It bothers me some of the circles presented as authentic because people say they are too intracate and precise to have been done by humans.I have yet to see a crop circle (and I've seen pictures of 100's) that I thought wow a group of people could not do that no way, no how. Crop Circle proponents just don't give people enough credit when it comes to human inginuity, and the need to do completely pointless things... just to do them.

Doesn't anyone find it odd that as Human technology increases ie. night vision, better tools, lazer measuring ect, so does the complexity of Crop Circles

I mean if an ET made a crop circle some 30 years ago wouldn't it look just as good as the ones we see today? I doubt that ET's came to earth with all this technology, but dramatically improved thier crop cirlce making techniques in just 30 years? Wouldn't they have been as good as they are today back in the 1970's?

I don't wan't to get into a discussion about bent (not broken) nodes, or micro metallic spheres found, inside "genuine" crop circles. That's a debate for another thread, and has already been debunked as far as I'm concerned.

This is just my opinion. I'm not stating it as fact. It's just my belief that any elaborate geometric patter in a corn field other than maybe just one circle, or three small impressions when a craft may have landed is just a form of art, like graffitti(sp?) is.

Anyway thumbs up to the OP'er for finding a "new" CC story, that's cool for people who are interested in the subject, and you did a nice job putting the thread together. I may not agree with the ideas, but I can applaud your presentation.

edit on 30-6-2012 by Nola213 because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-6-2012 by Nola213 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Great thread , What scared me was the part you said about military.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 05:45 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Sorry Htown, but the guy has not been able to find the news paper article, and does not have any more information than what I have already relayed in an earlier reply. Didn't mean to get your hopes up (or mine either for that matter). I enjoy this type of thing myself, and was hoping he could shed more light on this event.

As for help searching the plot of woods next to the outlet.....I might be up for it, but who owns it and would they have a problem with people nosing around? If you intend to do a search, do you have any idea for what you would be looking? Also, it may be better in there after all of the ticks, chiggers, snakes and spiders have gone to sleep for the winter.....just a thought.

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   

ironically enought there is a certain government instalation very close to williamsburg across 64

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by karen61057

Maybe you should leave... HAHAHAHAHA...

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Nightchild

THANKS!!!! really do appreciate it

new topics

top topics