It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Crop Circle story you've never heard from Williamsburg, VA

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+126 more 
posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Ok I wish I had posted this on ATS sooner because this has been at the back of my mind nagging me for the last 2 years. I moved to the area of Williamsburg, VA in 2009. Started working for a retail company in town and got into chit chats with some co workers. I was talking with one lady who told me a story I couldn't sit still about.

My co-worker's mom claims that sometime in the mid 60's, where the current outlet mall sits today in Williamsburg, VA, something strange happened. She remembers in the fields beside her house at the time, there being 2 large circles dented into the field. She remembered details like walking barefoot around in the circles, thinking it was the coolest thing she'd ever seen. She says she remembers it being cold, but not cold enough where you had to wear shoes. She was passionate about this story. No reason for her to lie. She even went on to add that the military came to investigate, they closed down Richmond road (main road into town), the local train station, AND put up tarps along side the field so you couldn't see the crop circles from the road.

Now this is very interesting. I did research and found that the first crop circle ever reported in the United States was 1964. So this before it became popular for the kids to make them with a wood plank and rope. Basically we have a story that is one of a kind for it's time, and with other collaboration from witnesses/residents from that time, I can piece together what's being covered up.

Next, I go to my local library to look at micro-film newspapers. I search EVERY single day from 1/1/60-12/31/69 and was delighted by what I found. Only one article mentions a strange event happening. It talks about a UFO witnessed by a few people at the SAME intersection above the same fields this crop circle appeared.

Secondly, if you look around online for the Project Blue Book documents, this UFO sighting is documented.

Lastly, I thought it would be interesting to look up this time frame in the weather almanac to see if the weather/temperature matched up with the co-worker's mom who told the story about running around outside in her bare feet. Sure enough, throughout the week this event occurred the temperature averaged out around 59 degrees with no snow or rain.

I've recently spoke to 2 other residents from the time who remember things going down in the city like alot of UFO gossip and such but nothing about crop circles. Williamsburg/Lightfoot, VA was not the way it is now back in the mid 60's. Very small population, the area where this occurred was probably close to 100 people, and if the military did block it off then there is a good chance the only people who ever saw these crop circles were the families that lived next door to it.

I really needed to get this story out, because it's a one-of-a-kind story that has no life left unless we keep it breathing. I'm trying to raise awareness in my community and probably looking like a lunatic while doing it but I feel this story has the promise of being proven true with a little more evidence and testimonies.

Please star and flag this thread, people need to hear this story. Thank you.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Wrong forum. Can't believe i did this. Can someone change it for me or tell me how to do so?

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by HtownRocks111

One of the mods should be able to help you with moving it to the correct forum.

Very nice thread lot of connections you've made...I wonder if she took a sample or a picture or anything to remember.
Have you tried finding others that were around that time that got to witness what was going on?

edit on 25-6-2012 by ElOmen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by ElOmen

Most of the people I've talked to remember "UFO talk" around town, but none recall anything about crop circles. The area was very unpopulated during that time, and with the military cover-up it's possible only a couple people were aware of the actual circles in the field.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Nice work OP

Please don't wait for others to take the next step. Take any video recorder that you can get your hands on and track down every witness, report or file possible. You could be on to the next UFOlogy trend.

I'm too far away to contribute so it's up to you to " breath life " into this for us.

Good luck

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Very interesting story OP S&F

I, for one, believe in crop circles even if many of them are man made now.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Thank you for creating this thread. You have gotten me so curious...about what else happened in the 60's.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 10:03 PM
link   
U can only wonder now what other stories like this are out there...

Hope someone from ATS sheds some light on this story.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by caladonea

Its a truely promising thread with leads for maybe more iformation to come....S&F fer you OP!
But as far as the sixties goes..........?
Well, ya just hadda be there ...........i remember driving across the Golden Gate ,,.. in the old fifty two dodge, all decorated with ferns and greenery...... five of us with eyes like saucers and a twelve day old baby boy in a cardboard box on the front seat....hello San Francisco............whooooeee!
ya really had to be there.....

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 12:56 AM
link   
Mods: can you move this thread please so it gets more attention in the UFO/Alien forum?

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 08:25 AM
link   
I don't live too far from lightfoot myself. Been there a couple times. A good friend has family there. Great post OP. I had never heard of this. S&F for you.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Very... very nice. IMO it's official accounting. The description of the ufo! A lightbulb or mushroom shaped object? We don't have many sighting like that but.. when you read further and the witness says it was making a vacuum like sound, glowing colors.

Hm, if it was their object, then they would have taken questions and kept it moving but they blocked the area off. Why blocked off an area if you know or suspect it as being a hoax. You send boys to see if it's official then you move in. And they moved in. So it's official.

The area was shut down, so the military knows more about these crop circles then they are telling everyone. A lightbulb or mushroom shaped object wow! Just like the ufo video at the Dome of the Rock, subsequent crop circle were added just create some kind of obfuscation.

Edit: And also when you listen and/or read the recounting from back in those days and a few from today you have the classical electrical interference! Car engines are going out or batteries are getting zapped.
edit on 26-6-2012 by cenpuppie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 08:45 AM
link   

I admire your work here but lets look at a few things here.

Firstly, the story is third hand, and people are terrible at reciting a story accurately... Especially one that has had over 40 years to grow and change.

Secondly, there appears to be no correlation between the UFO sighting and this/these crop circles that appeared in the mid 60's.

Only small gripes and I hope you don't take them personally but you need to remember to base your theory on the evidence and not shape the evidence to the theory (second point).

If you are interested in investigating this further, you should do what has been suggested above and find other locals and record their stories and see what they have to say. If there's something in it, their stories will match.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by HtownRocks111
Ok I wish I had posted this on ATS sooner because this has been at the back of my mind nagging me for the last 2 years. I moved to the area of Williamsburg, VA in 2009. Started working for a retail company in town and got into chit chats with some co workers. I was talking with one lady who told me a story I couldn't sit still about.

My co-worker's mom claims that sometime in the mid 60's, where the current outlet mall sits today in Williamsburg, VA, something strange happened. She remembers in the fields beside her house at the time, there being 2 large circles dented into the field. She remembered details like walking barefoot around in the circles, thinking it was the coolest thing she'd ever seen. She says she remembers it being cold, but not cold enough where you had to wear shoes. She was passionate about this story. No reason for her to lie. She even went on to add that the military came to investigate, they closed down Richmond road (main road into town), the local train station, AND put up tarps along side the field so you couldn't see the crop circles from the road.

Now this is very interesting. I did research and found that the first crop circle ever reported in the United States was 1964. So this before it became popular for the kids to make them with a wood plank and rope. Basically we have a story that is one of a kind for it's time, and with other collaboration from witnesses/residents from that time, I can piece together what's being covered up.

Next, I go to my local library to look at micro-film newspapers. I search EVERY single day from 1/1/60-12/31/69 and was delighted by what I found. Only one article mentions a strange event happening. It talks about a UFO witnessed by a few people at the SAME intersection above the same fields this crop circle appeared.

Secondly, if you look around online for the Project Blue Book documents, this UFO sighting is documented.

Lastly, I thought it would be interesting to look up this time frame in the weather almanac to see if the weather/temperature matched up with the co-worker's mom who told the story about running around outside in her bare feet. Sure enough, throughout the week this event occurred the temperature averaged out around 59 degrees with no snow or rain.

I've recently spoke to 2 other residents from the time who remember things going down in the city like alot of UFO gossip and such but nothing about crop circles. Williamsburg/Lightfoot, VA was not the way it is now back in the mid 60's. Very small population, the area where this occurred was probably close to 100 people, and if the military did block it off then there is a good chance the only people who ever saw these crop circles were the families that lived next door to it.

I really needed to get this story out, because it's a one-of-a-kind story that has no life left unless we keep it breathing. I'm trying to raise awareness in my community and probably looking like a lunatic while doing it but I feel this story has the promise of being proven true with a little more evidence and testimonies.

Please star and flag this thread, people need to hear this story. Thank you.

Wow... I lived in Williamsburg in 2010 near New Town. My timeshare is right around the corner from the Prime Outlets where this happened. Literally walking distance (The Colonies at Williamsburg). This is definitely new to me.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Hey there HtownRocks111 ... how refreshing to here a past story that hasn't been chewed over countless times this is so refreshing and well written ... thank-you so much for sharing it with us.

I'm just typing out loud here but I wonder if there is any way you could find out what the military records have on the incident after all it's over 40yrs since it happened so I imagine even the secret records from that time would be open now ... or at least should be if there was nothing to hide

The reason I thought this is because of what you said in your OP about the military coming to investigate the circles and putting up tarps so that people couldn't see what they were doing ... why the secrecy if they were only taking soil samples and the like or checking radiation levels in the circles etc ?

If you still have contact with the lady who told you the story could you possibly find-out some of the finer details from her like ... (i) did she notice any discolouration / burning of the grass within the circles or around the edges ... (ii) did she notice any acrid / metallic / burning smells in the air ... (iii) was she aware of any birdsong when she was walking the circle or other unusual animal activity / or lack of animal activity ... (iv) had there been any unusual weather conditions in the day or two before or after the event ?

It would be so amazing to put some more flesh on the bones of this story ... it's completely untainted and that is rare after all this time.

S&F for you ... this is the most exciting account to turn up in this forum for a long time ... excellent work

Woody

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 09:20 AM
link   
I want to believe that they are some kind of message they are leaving behind.

So I will.

Some are to precise, to big, and are even opening doors to mathematical equations that haven't been or have been recently found. Let alone to be done in a few hours with such perfection.

I myself am facinated with these signs. They are an enigma that I have not yet solved.

Thier seems to be a correlation with sacred geometry and sound within them. A code or information someone or something is trying to tell us.

Thier also seems to be alot of astronomical signs within these glyphs such as alignments, eclipes, some look like star charts.

Thier have been some with what seems to be a written language that is ethier ancient or not our own.

Just recently they are finding what seems to be binary code within these intriging grassy gnolls.

The series of crop circles that blow my mind the one that left the disk's of metal buried within the centers of the bigger circles. one was pure gold, the other pure sliver, and the last was bronze or copper can't remember. I think they had an unknown writting on each disk or something like that also. The gold and silver ones were melted down from what I remember and the 3rd was lost if I remember right. Thier is photo and eye witness evidence but it has been said to be a hoax.

Expensive hoax considering the gold alone was estamated to be worth and couple hunderd thousand dollars at that time. I think happened in the 90's.

The problem is in order to crack the code you need to know what are the real ones and which are just artwork.

In the mist of all the confusion thier is a message and it seems as if TPTB doesn't want the masses to know.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 09:31 AM
link   
I should also add that I have contacted every news/newspaper outlet to every radio station from Richmond to Virginia Beach and only received one response from a radio station in Norfolk saying they have no record of this story.

I spoke with one gentleman a few weeks ago and he didn't remember the story personally, but he had a few friends that have lived here their entire lives who are in their 60's so he called them for me. One of them says he remembers a story going around in the 60's that circles were made in some private property fields by kids riding go-karts. That sounds right on point like something the government would tell the general public

There is another fellow in town researching this story. He is a historian from Richmond, VA and claims he knows a family separate from the ones I've talked to who has the same crop circle story. I need to try and talk to these people myself.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 09:35 AM
link   
These pre hype stories are the best, specially when you can line them up with old newspaper articles like that.

The funniest part though, is that in the 60's a "large increase in federal funds" was $27,300
shows how bad the inflation is.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Th3MissingLink
I want to believe that they are some kind of message they are leaving behind.

Or what if they are just marks made by UFO engine, and we (humans) made it into art by creating nice strange shapes?!

One less eye appealing might be 'real' thing where other well done one might be 'fake' or even 'planted' in my opinion.

Great post OP, thank you for sharing.
edit on 26-6-2012 by SuperFrog because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 09:39 AM
link   
I will ask around as well...I spent 30 plus years growing up in Richmond, VA. Never heard the story before. Interesting..Now I know why there's a Go-Kart Racing Track at the Lightfoot Exit off I-64.

Source

I would always notice the Lightfoot go kart exit off I-64 because I always wanted to stop and ride em.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join