It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Crop Circle story you've never heard from Williamsburg, VA

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by HtownRocks111

Great research on the event. I like the idea you didn't just take someones word for it, but collaborated all the information and found an article pertaining to the event to reach the conclusion that this did happen. Star and Flag for your work. We need more threads like this.
Good Job!

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 10:05 PM
link   
I live in Williamsburg! I'm not gonna be able to go to the outlets anymore without thinking about that haha.

Camp Peary might have something to do with that. It's probably about a mile from the place you're talking about, and I've heard a few stories about that place. So maybe it was some kind of secret military device being tested, although that sounds probably less likely than aliens because I don't know why they would go off property where people could see it.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by lldd182
I live in Williamsburg! I'm not gonna be able to go to the outlets anymore without thinking about that haha.

Camp Peary might have something to do with that. It's probably about a mile from the place you're talking about, and I've heard a few stories about that place. So maybe it was some kind of secret military device being tested, although that sounds probably less likely than aliens because I don't know why they would go off property where people could see it.

Thanks for your response. I find it interesting that in the reports it says the witnesses cars stalled. This is very common when you come in contact with a "UFO". If I recall correctly, this is even mentioned in the Fire Officer's Emergency Handbook on what to do if you come in contact with a UFO... says things like your devices may lose power/signal.

Very interesting when you look at the details. It's hard to come up with any other conclusion really.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 11:35 PM
link   
Do crop circles mean something to somebody?

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Can't really add to the thread, other than BIG Star for you! Excellent work. You are a true ATS'er!

Edit: I would have given you a flag, but for some reason, I can't figure out how to do that. There is a black box near the "Flag" count. Must mean I am too new? Not too sure???
edit on 6/27/2012 by mbernardin because: Clarification about only leaving a star.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by metatronobody

Some of the crop circles are star charts, some are geometric harmonic resonance play lists (it's likely harmonic resonance was/is involved in building the pyramids, anti-gravity, etc.) and some are alien Federation insignia. Take a look at any collection of crop circles and I'll be you'll be able to tell which is which.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 12:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by signalfire

Originally posted by metatronobody

Some of the crop circles are star charts, some are geometric harmonic resonance play lists (it's likely harmonic resonance was/is involved in building the pyramids, anti-gravity, etc.) and some are alien Federation insignia. Take a look at any collection of crop circles and I'll be you'll be able to tell which is which.

If you could be so kind as to differentiate between each of those and tell us how you came to those conclusions, it would be appreciated. You DO have something that led you to these far fetched conclusions, right?

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 07:15 AM
link   
I have a theory about crop circles; I believe that they are 'maps' of where the UFO comes from, some kind of message/communication. If you look at crop circles, they often resemble solar systems...what do you think?

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 07:21 AM
link   
reply to post by ebeet

I already said that i believe them to be nothing more then UFO engine inprint that we turned into form of an art...

But, who knows, there might be some other meaning for crop circles...

Have to love scary movie for this

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 07:24 AM
link   

Thank you SO much, OP. What a great job researching - you have no idea how much this actually helps to validate one of my own personal experiences.

I had my first, and scariest, encounter with a ufo when I was 12 in Sussex Co., Virginia (9/18/1984) - which is not very far away from Williamsburg, generally speaking. I still live here in Va, and have always kept an eye out on the skies and on the local news to see if anyone has ever seen anything like I saw that evening. The ship described by the people at the intersection sounds very similar to the one I saw in '84.

I've always assumed that there was something "up" with my family, because I was not the only one in my family to see a ufo - but in the back of my mind, I've always wondered if perhaps I was just in the wrong place at the right time or something. Perhaps it was nothing more than just a general interest, and I was just living in an area that they'd been frequenting for some time. Definitely food for thought.

There is much more going on in Virginia than meets the eye, or reaches the news, that's for sure.

So thank you for posting this - I have never heard of it before, but then again - at least 11 other people saw what I saw in Sussex back then, and none of them have ever come out about it either. I think people in general tend to want to quickly get back to their "normal" lives, and not be called crazy by their neighbors.

By the way - Edgar Cayce thought it was a great area to live - supposedly one of the safest places to ride out the end times - so I hope for all of the Virginian's sake on here, he was right!

Keep up the good work.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 07:33 AM
link   
reply to post by SuperFrog

I guess they do look like engine prints too. I've seen that there are markings on the crafts, and symbols also. It would be great to figure out what they meant.

This is a great thread. Very interesting with really good research. I am now very intruiged by Virginia.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by HilarityEnsues
Hey Htownrocks, I've lived in Williamsburg since before I had childhood memories and never heard anything of the such from my grandparents or their older friends. If you could please try and get in contact with me I would appreciate it, Its hard to find people in this small, wealthy conservative town who aren't afraid to talk about conspiracy theories and such. I also learned a few years back while trying to get a Job a a shop in the Outlet Mall that the majority of the shops, possibly the entire mall is funded by a group of housewives and investors in Fords Colony, I have no way to confirm this though.

The mall was there long before they started Fords Colony. Perhaps the plan was to get retail interests in the area up, this is down the street from the Colonial Williamsburg tourist area and Busch Gardens amusement park, so the potential for clientele was already there. I dont see how this benefits the residents of Fords Colony though. Unless its to have high end stores nearby so they dont have to travel to Richmond or Norfolk for the better stores. It seems to me that their primary interest is golf.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 08:09 AM
link   
reply to post by DelMarvel

Shenandoah is about 200 miles to the west of the tidewater area. There are stories much more current than the one the OP speaks about. This area is highly concentrated with a military presence. I am sure that much of what is reported is secret military craft being tested in the area.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by signalfire

Yes and they are all a man made hoax

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by dashdespatch
reply to post by signalfire

Yes and they are all a man made hoax

I'm going to hazard a guess here and say that you didn't bother to read the OP (a) properly (b) at all ...otherwise you would not have made such a throwaway comment

Woody

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by woodwytch

I was commenting on signalfires comment not the op
I have no doubt a ufo could leave an indentation in a field ala the rendlesham ufo incident

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   
I spoke with a couple older fellas I work with after reading the OP and they both say they remember the event in Williamsburg. One thinks he may still have the original newspaper article, and would try to find it. He said that "they hushed it up quick". I'll let you know if he has it and will let it go, or let you look at it at least.

Great job on the reseach.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Hello there HtownRocks111 you my friend are one of a kind. Not too many people take the time to do their own investigation and post a well documented thread.

Thank your for letting us know and made aware of that incident which I and a few others haven't heard of it before.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hugues de Payens
I spoke with a couple older fellas I work with after reading the OP and they both say they remember the event in Williamsburg. One thinks he may still have the original newspaper article, and would try to find it. He said that "they hushed it up quick". I'll let you know if he has it and will let it go, or let you look at it at least.

Great job on the reseach.

Amazing! Good job! Do you live in Williamsburg/Virginia? Try to find out from him if he remembers anything about road closures, tarps along side the road, train station shut down. I think the train tracks/station mentioned in my original post was told to me exactly that way.. "they shut down the railroad for 4 days while this was investigated"..

I believe what this means is, there was once a train STATION close to the Pottery. I went on an interview there a few months ago and the interviewer told me about it and how the Pottery was such a big tourist attraction that the train would stop there to let people off. So I'm thinking the RAILROAD in general didn't shut down, just the train station. That's what I think makes more sense.

Also, see if he knows any businesses/churches located near the intersection where the crop circle appeared, so I may be able to track down the owners of these businesses to see if they remember blockage of the location this took place.

Please keep in touch with me in case I miss seeing your replies in this thread, PChildres at gmail dot com

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 11:01 PM
link   
This is obviously just your old ufo sighting/big pottery scheme. All the big pottery names in Williamsburg used to say aliens were there just to get people to the fields to buy pots.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join