It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Genetically modified grass (not) blamed for mass cattle deaths in Texas

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by moonweed

Originally posted by snarky412
reply to post by moonweed

Yeah ..... it used to be for the People.....

Now it's screw the People......

TPTB only cares about lining their pockets now.... they'll worry about the consequences later.

damn shame politicians, and others think that way...."america the beautiful" is now "america the greedy"

Amen... very nicely put. Sad but true....

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 11:57 PM
link   
reply to post by stanguilles7

Well.... there seems to be a problem NOW.

One guy lost 15 cattle and other ranchers that have the same grass test positive for cyanide gas but luckily, no cattle have died.

What is more worrisome: Other farmers have tested their Tifton 85 grass, and several in Bastrop County have found their fields are also toxic with cyanide. However, no other cattle have died.

Scientists at the U.S. Department of Agriculture are dissecting the grass to determine if there might have been some strange, unexpected mutation.

That may not seem like a big deal to some people but I bet it is to those ranchers.

Scientists at the U.S. Department of Agriculture are conducting further tests to determine if some sort of mutation caused the grass to suddenly begin giving off the deadly gas.

They're still unsure exactly what caused it. All we can do is speculate until the results come in, if they'll tell the public the truth of the matter.

Hopefully it's just a fluke...... a very costly one for those ranchers.
edit on 24-6-2012 by snarky412 because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-6-2012 by snarky412 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 12:31 AM
link   
this isn't even remotely good......not for anyone.....except the corptards...they can cash-in on public fear...mostly from the farmers and ranchers............time to pull out the BIG guns, and go after the corptards??

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 01:47 AM
link   
I just heard about this from alex jones youtube channel... He even mentions ATS briefly while reading the google search of the topic matter... pretty crazy stuff, though not surprising after what he has been saying about it

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 02:16 AM
link   

what it boils down to, is whether we, the people....not the sheeple......fire back, and shut down the corptards...or we bow down to them, and take it in the rear, like they want us to

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 02:16 AM
link   
reply to post by moonweed

Yeah, they have already been "poisoned", ever heard of Mcdonald's food? seriously....those animals have been genetically altered for quite some time.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 02:23 AM
link   
[quote removed]

Yeah, they have already been "poisoned", ever heard of Mcdonald's food? seriously....those animals have been genetically altered for quite some time.

that's a sad fact.......going way beyond 'roo burgers...............there are very few places left that can really claim they serve real food......Whataburger...Inn And Out..............and very few others....even Denny's is borderline questionable
edit on Sun Jun 24 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: Mod Note: Big Quote – Please Review This Link.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 02:25 AM
link   
ill hope someone has posted this already but just in case i will. the grass is a hybrid of existing grasses not gmo
www.tifton.uga.edu...
so gmo has nothing to to with this, the cyanide may have come from the trace amounts of hydrocyanic acid in thegre

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 02:32 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 02:47 AM
link   
When you start playing around with DNA and changing or altering the ‘things’ that mother nature has harmoniously placed in the environment, one may not be able to predict long term repercussions or fully understand every and all possible interactions and scenarios with the surrounding environment. We’re good… but not that good…

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 02:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by snarky412
When you start playing around with DNA and changing or altering the ‘things’ that mother nature has harmoniously placed in the environment, one may not be able to predict long term repercussions or fully understand every and all possible interactions and scenarios with the surrounding environment. We’re good… but not that good…

bottom line.....these things keep up, it's gonna get way beyond ugly
edit on Sun Jun 24 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: Mod Note: Big Quote – Please Review This Link.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 05:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ladysophiaofsandoz
The whole idea of mish mashing plant, animal,and virus DNA is a little scary. I worry we will see more viruses and bacteria making the jump from one to the other with more ease. These are interesting times we live in who needs monster movies when we have face eating crazies and grass that can kill. I watch at the edge of my seat only hope there will be time to refill my popcorn before it gets to the good part. Gee I really hope this one has a happy ending.

I hope it has a happy ending too. things just seems to be esculating out of control, like said with the cannibals and killer grass.
wonder what its going to take to actually get us all to start doing something.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 06:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by TDawgRex

Hell, I'll let Monsato splice some cockroach genes into me. I may never die, but I will be uglier than usual.

That's debatable

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 07:24 AM
link   
"Scientists at the U.S. Department of Agriculture are trying to determine if an unexpected mutation in a popular GM grass, Tifton 85, is responsible for the sudden deaths of a small herd of cattle in Elgin, Texas three weeks ago. The grass has been used for grazing since 1992 without incident, however after a severe drought last year in Texas, the grass started producing cyanide in sufficient quantities to kill a small herd of cattle in Elgin, Texas. Testing has found the cyanide-producing grass in nearby fields as well."

Well, well, well ....."""Genetically modified grass blamed for mass cattle deaths in Texas""". I think there were nine or ten cattle. Regardless the number, it's not good, dead cows smell pretty bad for a while.
Is a kid, my Mom said to never let a horse or cow eat the new fresh 'spring grass' that grows all over in Southern California at the first spurt of spring growth. Something about it being too rich or maybe it was this, that was a LONG time ago that She told me. This SEEMS to be nothing new. Personally, we grew hybrid 'Mowhawk' Bermuda, and it must have been GM modified, because it never came back the following year, and that was even with fertalizer sprayed mid growth. You set yourself up for all kinds of problems if you use and grow Monsanto products..... no good has come of it for me.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 07:35 AM
link   
And what about All the plant products we eat?
dont give them water and they Kill you!

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 07:35 AM
link   
delete this?
must have clickt two times
edit on 24-6-2012 by buddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 07:53 AM
link   
The grass is a hybrid. I think someone just added the GM tag to a story, for whatever reason. (We can speculate as to why someone would)

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Don't worry so much about Monsatan, there is an inevitable conclusion that we will find favorable.

See these frankenplants aren't exactly 'designed' perfectly, and they contain many flaws. This will lead to their extinction soon enough, I mean cmon half the plants can't even reproduce because Monsatan wants to sell seeds every season....

There is a chance that the modified organisms could become superior to the natural counterparts, but luckily we are pretty ignorant and primitive when it comes to genetic science and odds are that our modifications are inferior and not capable of producing superior specimens.

Not only that but their aggressive and unfair business model will also collapse in on itself eventually as well. You can only sue so much before it wears off.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by roadgravel
The grass is a hybrid. I think someone just added the GM tag to a story, for whatever reason. (We can speculate as to why someone would)

Yeah why would the US Department of Agriculture call it "GM" when it's just a cross breed?

I mean this poster on ATS obviously knows better...

*Although I am being sarcastic, why is ATS the only place discussing this fact?

Is it the confusion of the words "genetic modification" in the first place? Does me mating with a female creating a baby "genetic modification" because the child's dna is different from the parents? I guess it is, loosely.

Maybe we need to be more specific. Like "Genetically modified in a laboratory through gene splicing"?
Because really any two animals or plants breeding does create a genetically modified child, whose genetics are modified naturally...
edit on 24-6-2012 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Char-Lee

Originally posted by TDawgRex
And people keep saying that Monsato & DeKalb are good for us.

Hell, I'll let Monsato splice some cockroach genes into me. I may never die, but I will be uglier than usual.

Something scary too, is that the seed vault in the arctic is all GMO, so if the earth loses everything they want to own all that can grow again and all is monster seed.

That's not what I've heard. The seed vault in the Arctic supposedly contains all heirloom seed ~ un-modified. I can't remember how many types of seeds are there, but it sounds like just about everything known to man.

So I guess once they've killed off the 90% of the "over-populaton" they've been moaning about for some time now, they apparently think they can reseed the planet and start anew without all us undesirables.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join