It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Grandma's bully ordeal rallies the web, raising $275,000 and thousands of death threats

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Skywatcher2011

I have to agree with you. That's a very untrue statement about being able to fight back. Maybe in some cases, but definitely not in all or most.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Grandma was about to mace those kids. haha

At least I think that was mace she pulled out.

She shoulda used it on them little ---kers.

link   

i wasn't bullied, but I did bully people and i remember at least one chubby kid fighting back.

jumped me when I wasn't expecting it...sure...he went back to class with a bloody face and swelling and all, but his excessive weight prevented any real damage and he probably lived the rest of high school with a good feeling about himself.

you had an option that woman did not.

link   

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 11:14 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by michaelbrux

You are right, I did have the option.

Your argument is based on circumstance. The elderly woman chose not to fight back because she would lose her job. Conversely, I did not fight back because I did not want to get beaten by a large group of individuals and be stomped all over.

You just want her grocery bill paid. So why not have the money go towards her next grocery bill rather than a vacation?

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

Maybe this Video was made on purpose with the sole purpose of someone somewhere making some cash??

I saw the video and i'm pretty sure I saw this Karen laughing at one point!!

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 11:19 AM
link   

You just want her grocery bill paid. So why not have the money go towards her next grocery bill rather than a vacation?

What the hell is your problem? She never asked for a dime, these people are giving it to her and she can use it for whatever she desires.
You pissed because shes not refusing it? I wouldnt refuse it either and if you say that you would, youre a liar.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   

well...bullying is usually very personal...you are describing a violent mob situation in your experience.

what the hell did you do?

if it makes you guys feel better, Grandma will probably fail to pay taxes on the money she's getting and end up in court with the IRS in a few years.

that's how these stories usually turn out anyway.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by michaelbrux

well...bullying is usually very personal...you are describing a violent mob situation in your experience.

what the hell did you do?

I couldn't speak English much, I was skinny, and I was a geek. And my fashion sense was not really good either back in the day as my parents couldn't afford much.

So, to answer your question...I did not do anything. I was just an easy target.

Anyways, I am glad that some people want her to go on vacation...that is what the money being is raised is for. Can't complain. Am I a bit jealous? Yes, but who wouldn't be. Elderly deserve to be treated with respect. I hope she uses the funds joyfully.

edit on 22-6-2012 by Skywatcher2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Dero

1) The Red Cross has a total worth of 2.2 Billion. It takes in more than 100 million annually in donations.

www.redcross.org...

2) Wounded Warrior took in 123 million in total contributions in 2011.

www.woundedwarriorproject.org...

No one is "not helping the Red Cross / Wounded Warriors" to give a bullied grandmother a payday. The notion is ignorant.

Based on your logic, no one should donate to help research or treat Childhood Leukemia either, right? I mean, after all, "Wounded Warriors" get a pittance compared to sick kids?

Deny ignorance.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   

i suppose that can make one a target.

in general, i only bullied people that were bigger than me; they put up the best fights.

perhaps the people that bullied you were the victims of another bully.

the only way to solve this problem...the world needs to find the Bully of all Bullies, i guess.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by grey580

I think that community service is a great idea.

Plus counseling regarding the consequences of ones actions, I have seen this program change people.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dero
What garbage.

Why does she deserve this money, because she got her feelings hurt? All she had to do was stand up and smack one of those boys across the mouth, problem solved.

$400K+ in a day or two for some butthurt granny while donations for the Red Cross and Wounded Warrior Project are slim to none. Absolutely disgusting. If she goes on a cruise I hope she falls overboard.

She doesn't "deserve" anything. What has happened, and most can't grasp this, is that individual folks donated a few bucks here and there - 5.00 dollars, maybe 100 bucks, because they feel some connection to the awfulness. The money is a refutation of the behavior, and because so many feel this way: the total is high. Better they donated money then tried to kill the kids, or is it?

you'd never say "why does she deserve the love she's getting over this?" You'd never say "why does she deserve all the hallmark cards she's getting?" You'd not even say "why does she deserve the 100 pennies she's getting?" The reason for you misguided contempt is the presence of "money" and a total that is beyond some arbitrary threshold you've set as acceptable. This is a cumulative total of small gifts to a woman who represents the beaten down in all of us.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by 0zzymand0s
1) The Red Cross has a total worth of 2.2 Billion. It takes in more than 100 million annually in donations.

www.redcross.org...

2) Wounded Warrior took in 123 million in total contributions in 2011.

www.woundedwarriorproject.org...

No one is "not helping the Red Cross / Wounded Warriors" to give a bullied grandmother a payday. The notion is ignorant.

Based on your logic, no one should donate to help research or treat Childhood Leukemia either, right? I mean, after all, "Wounded Warriors" get a pittance compared to sick kids?

Deny ignorance.

Nothing like facts to counter the hateful uneducated opinions of others. Great post.

Dero, you're an ass. I bet you'd take 500k$, hell.. make that 50k$ for going through the exact same thing. That "Wouldn't take pity money" sounds like something a kid would say.
edit on 22-6-2012 by IsraeliGuy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by michaelbrux

i suppose that can make one a target.

in general, i only bullied people that were bigger than me; they put up the best fights.

perhaps the people that bullied you were the victims of another bully.

the only way to solve this problem...the world needs to find the Bully of all Bullies, i guess.

You sound like you were the one looking for trouble

Unfortunately, they were not victims of other bullies. In fact they were part of the larger group and were friends with bullies older than them. So, you mess with one, you mess with them all.

Being bullied taught me to toughen up, but also to help better understand the psychology of bullies. It made me stronger. If I was to fight a bully, I am sure I would knock him out. But that still would not solve the problem.

You had your bouts with bullies and I am sure it was fun for you, as a game.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Not a hate post, I care about people, and believe everything happened for the best here, but here is some words to think by.

Well if we can amass half a million dollars for her and a vacation and the butthurt in all of us, we can stand up and take our country back from corporate America and those lobbying to make us financial puppets.

We can stop racism, hatred and poverty, help the uneducated youth, say no to GMO, open our borders and hearts to the people who need help but teach a lesson to those who need schooling.

I agree this was wrong of the kids, the women was verbally abused by the mouths of mob mentality, and some lack of parental intervention in some such.

So much more happens, that is way more disheartening than this, but isn't videotaped so therefor to the same people who donated, doesn't matter. Yet it is happening now, and will continue to.

But we choose all the weirdest things to stand up for.

I guess what I am trying to say is, we seem to need proof of such horrid things to truly get involved.
edit on 22-6-2012 by Moneyisgodlifeisrented because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Common Good

Now thats a FITTING punishment.

Kicking them out of school doesnt solve anything- to the kids- its vacation.

I like your idea way better.

Great Imagination

- I wish I was on that Bus. Oh God would have I put so much fear into those punk. Marine Style. Ooh Rah.
Little Maggots

Btw, the kids will still be going to school, but after school they go clean bums until passed their dinner times

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by crankyoldman

Now you bring up an interesting thought.
Are the people donating because they feel bad for her?
Or are they donating because they sympathize with her because they themselves were bullied in the past?

I'm thinking it's the later.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join