It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Grandma's bully ordeal rallies the web, raising $275,000 and thousands of death threats

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Whateva69

Awwww I am sadface. So sorry to have an opinion contrary to the popular.

(BTW I'm not really sorry.)
edit on 22-6-2012 by Dero because: of reasons

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 10:24 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Dero

I semi-understand where you are coming from but I think that's pretty harsh. As far as I know she didn't asked to be filmed being bullied and ask for the money. Yes there could be people and charities that can use the money more than she needs it.

$400K+ in a day or two for some butthurt granny while donations for the Red Cross and Wounded Warrior Project are slim to none.

But the thing is, that's not the monitors fault. It's not like these people had to choose between giving her money and giving those companies money. They were there before this incident happened. Them not getting as much money in a few days as she did is a separate issue.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by InTheLight

There's always the danger that it could make things worse, over coddling them etc. Unless you mean boot camp style youth programs.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 10:31 AM
link   
She didnt ask for donations, some dude from Canada started up this whole thing.
Shes almost 70, probably getting crap in Social Security payments and the bus job pays 15k a year.
Yea, she could use the money and if people across the world want to give it to her, more power to em.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 10:32 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Dero

Dero
Unapologetic retro-sexual nationalist.

Says it all.

We are all entitled to our opinions. I guess.
And sometimes we must agree to disagree.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   
I could be wrong but I don't think it was just boys I thought I heard some girl's voices too.

Whatever punishment they decide for these children won't be as effective unless they get mom/dad on board. Community service at a local nursing home would be great. All supervised of course and parents have to attend too.

Calling parents in for a school meeting isn't always enough. When parents of these types of kids have to defend them against teachers they typically get angry at the teachers not the child.

No mom and dad need to be inconvenienced in a big way. If parents refuse to comply it should go to the courts, fines could be levied or court ordered community service, for the parents, should be imposed.

What we saw/heard is exactly the kind of behavior that has driven some bullied kids to suicide. It reminds me of "Silence of the Lambs" when Hannibal taunted Miggs into committing suicide, it's psychological torture and should actually be considered a crime.
edit on 6-22-2012 by Morningglory because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

Those four boys should be forced to do community service for 6 months....primarily working in nursing homes where they can clean the bums of the elderly

edit on 22-6-2012 by Skywatcher2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Skywatcher2011

Now thats a FITTING punishment.

Kicking them out of school doesnt solve anything- to the kids- its vacation.

I like your idea way better.

Great Imagination

- I wish I was on that Bus. Oh God would have I put so much fear into those punk. Marine Style. Ooh Rah.
Little Maggots

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Lazyninja

I really meant use the money to get at the very young children. Start as early as possible to teach them right vs. wrong behaviour. We're all in this together.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   
those kids were absolutely ruthless...i heard the tape.

she needs a vacation and an opportunity to retire.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Morningglory
I could be wrong but I don't think it was just boys I thought I heard some girl's voices too.

No... you're not wrong. After listening to the entire 10 minute episode, I'd say the most hurtful things were being said by the girls, but they weren't shown in the video and only their voices were audible. It was a girl who said her family killed themselves to get away from her.

Disgusting behaviour by these children which needs corrective action.

I'm glad that money was raised and it should go to the bus monitor so she'll never again have to ride that bus.
edit on 22/6/12 by masqua because: too many 'agains'

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   
FOX NEWS is reporting that the guy who setup the fund had a goal of $5000, and now it's reached over $500K.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   
She doesn't need to go on a vacation because she was bullied. Omg, when I was bullied all through Elementary until Grade 11.....I would have been eligible for a million dollar getaway.

NOW....WORKING SEVEN DAYS A WEEK AND HAVING ONLY 6 DAYS OFF SINCE FEBRUARY, I NEED TO GO ON VACATION!!!

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by babybunnies
FOX NEWS is reporting that the guy who setup the fund had a goal of $5000, and now it's reached over $500K.

It's FOX News

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   
I asked my son if he had heard about this, hes a regular reddit reader, which deserves the credit for starting this entire drive. From there it went to 4chan lol, those guys started finding out these kids personal info, face book accounts etc.. and posting them.
These kids deserve every ounce of crap that they get the next few weeks.

Original Reddit Post

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Skywatcher2011

you had the option of fighting back when you were bullied; that you didn't is your personal issue.

she had to sit there and take it. if she'd have responded in kind, which is fair, she'd be fired. if she attacked, she'd be fired.

she needs that job...and if those kids are correct...she has a huge grocery bill to pay for.

edit on 22-6-2012 by michaelbrux because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by michaelbrux

If I fought back I would have been severely beaten or even killed if I fought back. It was not an option I was willing to take because the school system sucked and I had maybe one friend.

In any case, there were many instances I had to sit and take it. Not fun. But now I am bigger and no one messes with me.

edit on 22-6-2012 by Skywatcher2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dero
What garbage.

Why does she deserve this money, because she got her feelings hurt? All she had to do was stand up and smack one of those boys across the mouth, problem solved.

$400K+ in a day or two for some butthurt granny while donations for the Red Cross and Wounded Warrior Project are slim to none. Absolutely disgusting. If she goes on a cruise I hope she falls overboard.

Jealous much?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join