It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Grandma's bully ordeal rallies the web, raising $275,000 and thousands of death threats

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Skywatcher2011

the bully toughened you up.

that's a feather in the hat for bullies everywhere.

that woman is going to be a better person as a result of all of this and the money can be used for a little time off and perhaps she'll create a better situation for herself in the near future than bus monitor.

those kids...that's going to follow them around for awhile. none of them should run for President of the United States. I know that much.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by grey580
reply to post by crankyoldman

Now you bring up an interesting thought.
Are the people donating because they feel bad for her?
Or are they donating because they sympathize with her because they themselves were bullied in the past?

I'm thinking it's the later.

She doesn't need "help,"and we can rule that out. The issue for most is to find a way to connect, not necessarily because they were bullied, but because they want to connect in some way. They can't just call her or stop by for a coffee, the way Americans connect is through cash - sad I know. We connect by giving up something of value, in this case money, in some places it might be a pig, or a barn raising. The only issue at play here is the total, not the individual connections, as they are well within our self imposed threshold. Quite often folks will say, "what can I do, if I can only do something?" What they often mean is "how can I connect," In America the default is donate.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   
This should be a lesson to all bullies, and rude people in general that you never know when
someone is videoing you with their cell phone, small camcorder, ipad, etc.

This goes for Law Enforcement as well. Don't do anything that you don't want to go viral on youtube.

I video everything because I'm a documentary filmmaker. Join me in documenting our world! Good, bad, heroic
stupid, deadly, funny and tragic. Leave a digital legacy, get a youtube account and participate in the New Media
renaissance. We can change the world!!!

btw....I sent in a few bucks and I hope she enjoys a lavish retirement.
edit on 22-6-2012 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by michaelbrux

she'll create a better situation for herself in the near future than bus monitor.

She is 68 years old, she is most likely just supplementing her pitiful Social Security income.

also, skywatcher, I was also a skinny kid, bullies didnt toughen me up though, my older brother did. We fought almost daily and I carried that onto the playground lol.
I didnt bully the helpless because it was no fun. I liked fighting and they wouldnt fight back, I only picked fights with people that would fight back.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Juggernog

Trolls and people behaving like spoiled little brats and disrispecting other appeared on the web way before FB. I will attest to that. Remember when you wanted to go into chat rooms. you had to actualy dial the number for the server then connect. Well, trolls were born there.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

Best way to go IMO
Half a mil....WOW!!!

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Punish them by making them do a public apology over the internet. Every single one of the little sods. Humiliation might make them better people. Especially knowing their idiotic and selfish actions have caused a major backlash and donation fund.

Oh and I hope the Granny has a nice couple of Holidays.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   
So you are saying that I could hire a couple of child thugs to "pretend beat me up", and I could put it on youtube and made a fuss about it, and then get rich $$?

Sure is a lot of loopholes in this whole Internet money gig.
People are going to be taking advantage of this, for 500k $? Yeah, they will put a lot of effort into it.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Okay guys you might think this is harsh. But this behavior needs to stop.
We should have a public hanging for these punks. And this should be broadcasted on
National TV. While it is harsh these kids need to be made an example of.
You show all the young brats we have in our country and I guarantee we will
Never have an incident like this again. It would be so traumatizing any bully or would be bully
Would s*** there pants. Yeah, I know these kids dont deserve that.
But when george Washington started getting deserters he had them publicly hung.
And you know what, no more deserters

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by XLR8R
reply to post by Juggernog

Trolls and people behaving like spoiled little brats and disrispecting other appeared on the web way before FB. I will attest to that. Remember when you wanted to go into chat rooms. you had to actualy dial the number for the server then connect. Well, trolls were born there.

Lol, yes, I do remember those days.
However, what I was talking about is how FB helped to create a narcissistic generation. Maybe it didnt solely create it but it helped create it, same goes for twitter.
You have systems that allow the users to post "status updates" that let hundreds of people know that you are walking the freaking dog or something like that, then it gets 50 "likes"

Anyway, thats just my opinion.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   
I say we send the 4 kids to Singapore for a month of behavioral correction.

Bet they'll never disrespect their elders again!

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Posted earlier here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...
and here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please add further comments to the ongoing discussion in the above linked thread.
Thanks

**Thread Closed**

for future reference:

We Have A New Search Engine--Please Use It!

edit on Fri Jun 22 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: added link

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join