It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you had a time machine were would you go?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Lets say that you have a time machine it could take you anywhere in time without affecting history were would you go? the catch is you only can go to the past and get back home 3 times

For my first trip i would be split on ether going back to the very beginning of life and seeing how it got started or accomplishing my childhood dream and seeing an actual live dinosaur For my next trip i would go back to when JFK was killed to see if all the conspiracies are true or not And for my last trip i would visit my aunt who died when i was 3 and show her how much i have changed and who i have become in the years since she passed

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   
shouldn't the question be WHEN would you go?

I would go forward 50 years. assuming my body wouldn't age correspondingly

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Go back to the beginning of big bang, do the big bang and I become god.
Hence - backward time machine is impossible.

On forward time machine,....I'm already on one.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   
i would first take the time machine, and go back in time 5 minutes ago before i got the time machine, and tell myself to stay put.

i would then wait for myself to get the time machine (in the past )

and trade time machines with myself, and tell myself to go 5 minutes back in time and get another fresh time machine.

i would repeat this infinitely, with infinite copies of myself, and leave a "machine" of me's repeating the process, behind me in my past, constantly refreshing the time machines over and over.

????

infinite time machines, whenever i want.

i wouldn't take advantage of this and do horrible things to the universe, that would just be evil and cruel.

i would however, take my advantages along the way, in order to make myself last longer, live longer, and live healthier.

pretty much, i would send copies of myself all over the universe out on adventures in infinite time machines and Whens and wheres.

i become Dr.soymilkwho ^_^

peace ^_^
edit on 21-6-2012 by SoymilkAlaska because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   
1976, summer, manchester uk. best year ever. i was young, the weather was superb. kids still had childhoods playing in the fields and the woods. home for tea, watch some telly together as a family, then bed and dreams of tomorrows adventures. it was simple, it was great, so that is where i would set the dial.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   
I had this GF once, very pretty with a killer body...but she was a total bitch. I stuck with her for way too long based on looks. So if I could go back in time, I'd walk into our old bedroom just before we would get it on, and drag my own ass out of that bedroom screaming "get the f*** out of here while you still can!!".

Also, I would kill Hitler.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   
To the day i was born and re live my life.... If i have 3 chances, im bound to do it right 1/3 times...

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   
I don't think I could do it at all.

Knowing my luck, I would do something that would cause a rift in the space-time continuum.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   
i'd go back to about 1000 ad and the falkland islands and leave a plaque that says "The UK was here 1000AD" with a big trollface just to shut up some of the trolls on here

but Roswell would be a nice place to visit to enjoy the swamp gas and weather ballons and perhaps nip to the planes in the 9/11 attacks and get to see who/what was in control that day

but the best thing would be to tell my younger self theres a time machine and where its based so i could go and visit more places and perhaps persuade the founding fathers of the cluster f*** that will become of the second ammendment and perhaps take it and give it a second draft knowing that theres rednecks who want nukes as the way to finish off a party since they feel if the military has it then so should we

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Also, I got the numbers wrong for the last £120m Euromillions jackpot...that really pissed me off. So after killing Hitler I'd travel back in time and fix my choice of numbers.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Roswell New Mexico, we all know the date.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   
i would go back to the night a popped my cherry an tell the fat c... im gonna wait for a smart bitch, 2 id go an see my grandfather because i was told he loved me very much, 3 i would go back to the woods the night of the rendlesham forest incident an see what the # went on.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   
The late sixties... To bang Cynthia Meyers!

Wait, scratch that... the late forties and replace Hef...

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   
I would go back to the Conteniental Congress and educate the members about how their words would be twisted and used to destroy our republic...

Then back 6 years to get my dad to the doctor for his unfound tumor.....

Then back to see Jesus rise from the dead after being in a blood loss coma for 3 days....

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   
i would use the time machine to do some good for humanity.

1. id go back just before WW2 and have a meeting with hitler stating that if he were to invade poland, britain will certanly attack.

if he still insisted then so be it.

2. go back and warn the uk government that the versalles treaty has serious implications fir germany that works in hitlers favour and consolidates power in the extreme party.

3. id go back (not sure exact time) and put provisions in place that stop the banks and financial powers influencing governments.
the populus of each country may actually be governed by politicians for the people.

4. either prevent or supply nuclear bomb and reacror designs to every country.
that way every country has nukes or it doesnt and then no one will want to use them.

5. finally id go back and exhaustivley finally trace human origins and dates.
that way i would solve the long debate of humans either evolving or planted here by another race.

would i use it for personal gain.
not really. changing the above could lead to a better quality of life for all.

oh just thought of another one.
id go back and tell weinburger to keep researching liquid reactor development.
we could end up with safe nuclear power that has no weapons potential

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   
I would want to go back to the time of Christ teaching, and see first hand what it was like to look into his eyes, and witness the miracles.

Don't think I'd want to stick around for the times after his death..(except the resurrection).

From what I've read the torture of some of these martyrs was atrocious.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   
I once posted a similar topic in a different forum on ATS. The original can be found here. Great topic (with my bias, of course!) and my short answer is that I would like to visit the Library at Alexandria. Carry on!

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by SoymilkAlaska
i would first take the time machine, and go back in time 5 minutes ago before i got the time machine, and tell myself to stay put.

i would then wait for myself to get the time machine (in the past )

and trade time machines with myself, and tell myself to go 5 minutes back in time and get another fresh time machine.

i would repeat this infinitely, with infinite copies of myself, and leave a "machine" of me's repeating the process, behind me in my past, constantly refreshing the time machines over and over.

????

infinite time machines, whenever i want.

i wouldn't take advantage of this and do horrible things to the universe, that would just be evil and cruel.

i would however, take my advantages along the way, in order to make myself last longer, live longer, and live healthier.

pretty much, i would send copies of myself all over the universe out on adventures in infinite time machines and Whens and wheres.

i become Dr.soymilkwho ^_^

peace ^_^
edit on 21-6-2012 by SoymilkAlaska because: (no reason given)

haha brilliant

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by ninjas4321

@If you had a time machine were would you go?,

Back to the point that SUBSTANCE used to make EACH galaxy was added into the pour. I think it would be interesting to see how various PRE galaxy materials REACTED to the different densities/temps/MAGNETIC conditions of the Universe material that caused the galaxies to from. I think to see the MIlkyway open up would of been cool.... BUT where would the time machine be if I went back that far as far as its base location

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   
I would go slap that apple out of eve's hand.
Then kill a snake.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join