It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America's anti-immigration movement stems from one single man: John Tanton a racist.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 02:26 AM
link   
Who is John Tanton?

John H. Tanton, M.D., is a retired ophthalmologist from Petoskey, Michigan, and an influential activist in efforts aimed at reducing immigration levels in the United States. He was organizer and first chairman of the Federation for American Immigration Reform (FAIR), a non-profit educational group that advocates for a reduction in the level of immigration into the U.S. He also helped to start two other groups with a similar goal: the Center for Immigration Studies, a non-profit research group; and NumbersUSA, a grassroots lobbying group.

Source

Seems like three of the most well known centers of immigration "studies" were started by John Tanton a man who has been in the center of the White Supremacist movement and has been linked to Holocaust deniers and KKK members.

John Tanton has also introduced leaders of FAIR (Federation for American Immigration Reform) to the Pioneer Fund a White Supremacist Group.

He introduced key FAIR leaders to the president of the Pioneer Fund, a white supremacist group set up to encourage "race betterment," at a 1997 meeting at a private club.

Link

n a Nov. 13, 1994, letter to white nationalist columnist Lawrence Auster, a regular correspondent, Tanton suggested that the Declaration of Independence was actually a document based on the "bond of blood and ethnicity — nationhood." Almost a year earlier, in a Dec. 10, 1993, letter to Garrett Hardin, a controversial ecology professor, he said: "I've come to the point of view that for European-American society and culture to persist requires a European-American majority, and a clear one at that."

The Economic recession that hit the world markets gave these people a golden opportunity to blame Immigrants and introduce their laws.

Kris Kobach in 2004 became the legal senior adviser for the Immigration Reform Law Institute, a branch of FAIR.

Kris Kobach has been the main author behind SB 1070 the now famous Arizona law and Alabama's HB 56 a law which some say, is even tougher and more radical than Arizona's.

Kris Kobach, Architect Of Arizona Immigration Law SB1070, Is Behind Other Controversial Laws

TOPEKA, Kan. — When politicians and police across the country want to crack down on illegal immigration, they often reach out to the same man: a little-known Kansas attorney with an Ivy League education who is the architect behind many of the nation's most controversial immigration laws.

Detractors are not impressed by Kobach's degrees from Harvard, Oxford and Yale, or the coveted White House fellowship he served during George W. Bush's first term. While at the White House, he created a post-9/11 Justice Department program requiring immigrants from 25 mostly Muslim nations who were already in the U.S. to re-register with the federal government. Civil libertarians argued that it led to unwarranted detentions of law-abiding immigrants.

Link

So maybe the people do have a point when they say that we wouldn't have as much of a problem with these immigrants if they had white skin and came from Europe. We see history repeating itself throughout time.

We saw it in Germany with the rise of the NAZI party and blaming the immigrants, minorities and jews for the economic woes of the homeland, and now we see FAIR and it's radicals teaming up with state governments and creating laws which not only promote racial tension, but also discriminate minorities.

But that's their ultimate goal.

This is a list of organizations that have been funded or founded by John Tanton.

American Immigration Control Foundation
American Patrol/Voice of Citizens Together
California Coalition for Immigration Reform
Californians for Population Stabilization
Center for Immigration Studies
Federation for American Immigration Reform
NumbersUSA - 1996, founded and funded
Population-Environment Balance
ProEnglish
ProjectUSA
The Social Contract Press
U.S. English
U.S. Inc.

Link

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 02:29 AM
link   
reply to post by muse7

It is what it is and it always has been about race. There will be people on here who will argue till there blue in the face that it has nothing to do with race.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 02:38 AM
link   
Oh you're right, we should just let everyone come to America to have a lick off the bleeding teet.

You disgust me by posting this drivel.

Land of the free, home of the slave.

Check out this thread to see what i'm talking about.

Thread

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 02:43 AM
link   
Never heard of him, and it doesn't change the fact that if they didn't come here LEGALLY, I don't want them here. It's got nothing to do with race either, if a Canadian or French immigrant wants to go through the naturalization process, great. If they come here illegally I will oppose it, same with illegals given amnesty. There are others that share my opposition, and some that do it based solely on race, but the fact is that we have a big illegal immigrant problem.
It's bad enough that the gov doesn't do anything about people getting tourist visas and never leaving. If they can't do that competently enough, how will they ever be able to stop people crossing the border? And because of the "new rules" how many immigrants will come here illegally because in the end it will be okay?
It's illegal, that should be the end of it. But it isn't because it benefits those in power, and pointing this out or, god forbid, trying to speak out against it is racism.

Maybe this man is racist, so be it. There are others like me that aren't and just want people to immigrate legally, is that so much to ask? If you can't pay attention to the immigration law, what laws will you pay attention to? That's the crux of the issue for me, race doesn't matter, your views on law do

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 02:50 AM
link   
Lets ignore race for a minute shall we.

The United States allows around 2 million people to legally immigrate in to the country each year. Each Year 1 million people illegally enter the United States and stay here. So threw legal and illegal immigration we add around 3 million people to the population each year. To me that seems INSANE, even more so considering our nations current economic conditions.

The cost of illegal immigration now costs the federal and local taxpayers $113 Billion a year! That a over a trillion dollars a decade folks. How many citizens could that money be used to help?

In 1950 the US had just over 150 million people, since then the population has doubled! And now stands at just over 308 million. By 2050 according to our OWN government they expect the US population to reach 400 million people. So for the record in the next 38 years we will add 42 million people to our country.

And all this data doesn't even count the 25 million illegals that are here.

I have no problem with immigrants, we are a nation of immigrants. We've always need immigrants and always will. But we reform out immigration policies in such a way that meet the needs of the nation and follows the rule of law. No short cuts or jumping the fence, get in line like everyone else.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 03:06 AM
link   
reply to post by litterbaux

Lol I'm glad I disgust you. I'm glad I disgust people like you who think America is now an elite club where only certain people are allowed.

This country was founded on the labor and sweat of previous immigrants. The ones that come here come for the same reasons. They want a better life and a better future for their children.

America is and always will be a country of immigrants.

Blame the broken immigration system first before blaming the people.
edit on 6/20/2012 by muse7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 03:33 AM
link   
reply to post by muse7

Planned Parenthood stems from one woman, Margaret Higgins Sanger, a racist.

Looks like the racists are active on both sides of the political spectrum there, chief.

And as for those past generations of immigrants, of whom I was one, Obama is spitting in all of their faces because THEY ALL WENT THROUGH THE PROCESS NOT AROUND IT. It costs a lot of time and money and work to do that. # everyone who goes around the law and # those politicians who change the rules to get reelected.
edit on 20-6-2012 by Numbers33four because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 04:25 AM
link   
Anti immigration is not racist and it doesn't matter if he has been involved with the KKK or if he has denied something that never happened(yes,look it up).

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 04:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Numbers33four

Obama is just spitting in the faces of xenophobe conservatives.

The stop-gap measure that he enacted does not even provide anyone with Citizenship or a path to citizenship. What's wrong with providing young people who were brought here a chance? It's the humane thing to do.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 04:32 AM
link   
Threads like this is why ATS is going downhill.

Lump all people together who dont believe illegal immigrants should be deported with the KKK Nazis and all those other White Hate groups.

That is racist.

And get a life. Stop trolling ATS.

IT IS A FEDERAL CRIME.

End Of Story.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 04:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Common Good

Thanks for the suggestion but I do have a life
unlike your buddies who seem to spend their days searching for anti-obama articles just so they can come on here and post them and instantly receive 100's of stars

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 04:43 AM
link   
The connection of FAIR, John Tanton and the anti immigrant laws being passed is clear. These laws were all the work of Kris Kobach the legal adviser for FAIR. A group that was founded by a racist and a believer in eugenics. If it weren't for these people, then I seriously don't think people would be so up in arms over the issue of illegal immigration.

Obama has already deported more illegals than Bush ever did, many people here claim that illegals hurt the economy and just come here for the welfare.

If this was to be true then why isn't the economy showing signs of improvement? Why is the unemployment % still hovering around 10% when Obama has already deported more illegals than Bush ever did?

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 04:45 AM
link   
reply to post by muse7

Posting embarassing Obama footage is an everyday chore. He never disappoints in that arena.

Going out of your way to make yourself look like an ass , well that just screams desperation.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 04:47 AM
link   
here is the unemployment %

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 05:13 AM
link   
Let's take a look at former Arizona State Senator Russell Pearce, the lead sponsor behind SB1070.

In 2006, he forwarded an email to his supporters from a neo-Nazi group. The email contained an article that, “criticized the media for promoting multiculturalism and racial equality, and for presenting the Holocaust as fact.”

Link

Pearce has many more connections to the Tanton Network. He was the chief sponsor of the racist S.B. 1070 bill in Arizona. The bill was drafted by Kris Kobach of the Immigration Reform Law Institute (IRLI) the legal arm of the Tanton Network. Pearce recently spoke at a membership meeting of the Texans for Immigration Reform, a group listed on FAIR’s website as a state contact.

Russell Pearce also enjoyed a close friendship with neo-Nazi J.T Ready.

Ready was often on the fringes of Arizona politics and aspired to someday hold elected office. Here, he named the people who helped him with those ambitions, including a religious and political fundraiser.

Ready claimed, even beyond his politics, his extremism was mentored by then-state Sen. Russell Pearce.My leap into the extremist right was more of a push off the cliff than a preplanned adventure, however. Having the tutelage of Senate President Russell Keith Pearce for years, I knew very well how to work fringe elements slowly into the system.

Link

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 05:25 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 06:27 AM
link   
So by America I take it you mean everyone in America that believes there needs to be a reduction in out of control illegal immigration is a racist?

This was a very very lazy attitude.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 06:28 AM
link   
reply to post by InfoKartel

No body likes a line-jumper.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 06:30 AM
link   
To the OP - It's anti- ILLEGAL Immigration that people are talking about
... not anti-immigration in general. Get it right.

Originally posted by LDragonFire
It is what it is and it always has been about race. .

Dead wrong. It's about ECONOMICS. Everything is about ECONOMICS.

Haven't you people ever taken a basic college economics course? A country can only absorb just so many people at a time and stay solvent. We are already trillions in debt and illegals cost this country over a hundred billion $$ every year. They suck off from our economy MUCH MORE than they return.

And then there is the criminal element .. the drug runners ... the increase in crime ... the flooding of hospitals in the South West to get free medical care while legal Americans go without because of the overcrowding .. and the cost to the schools and the over crowding of schools in the South West because of Illegals ...

Playing the race card is partisan and myopic.

reply to post by InfoKartel

:shk:

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 06:32 AM
link   
Really? A man I've never even heard of makes my opinion racist?

By the way I've been a citizen about a month and a half now. I'm against illegal immigration because my family and I did it the right way. You can't hope to be law abiding when your first act is breaking the law.
edit on 20-6-2012 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join