It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Women should not be allowed to own vehicles until they can learn to respect other peoples

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by libertytoall
I'm starting to wonder how the people who think of "a car is just a car" treat their homes.
edit on 20-6-2012 by libertytoall because: (no reason given)

Easy my car is my transportation pure and simple, it's a mess inside, but because of my work it's hard for it not to be, I have files and the like on my backseat... but it's not gross (if you catch that) there's no dried food or coffee spills everywhere, I upkeep it (except for the random files flying around) clean it, wash it, wax it, and it treats me well in return (it's a 1997 Ford Crown Vic Interceptor) thing has about 130K miles on it, and the biggest problem i've ever had has been a timing belt breaking..

My home on the other hand.. I take extremely good care of... almost to the point of obsession, but I didn't go ape when the storm in November dented my Garage roof or took out part of the gutter, fixed it and moved on.. there are, admittedly parts of my yard that need work, and I haven't gotten to it yet, but overall it's pleasant, but again, I have to be there a lot of the time, my kids live there so it has to be up-kept (disabled children need not to have messes in their way) but still i wouldn't be putting up a rant stating that CL&P needs to be fined a million dollars because they failed to keep my power on in a timely fashion after the storm, and I suffered hundreds of thousands of dollars in damage, yeah I was upset but not *that* upset..

Jut an aside sir.. I am a woman driver and I took immediate offense to your statement that my license needed to be revoked because of the actions of a few.. I would only support that if a) you went to work for me too, paid all my bills and took care of the children and their entire myriad of appointments... and b) could prove that you could handle all of that on top of your own life.. seriously.. chill out.. My 1965 Vette has dings in it and you know what that goes to prove? I use it and love it... I don't just sit it in my driveway with a tarp over it 24/7 so it can look pristine.. and ya know what.. it's still a classic car..

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 11:54 PM
link   
Just transportation here, too. My friend relocated so now I'd have to pay to fix it and I can't waste money on cosmetic concerns. Pretty paint won't get me to work so screw it. It's basically clean and runs, that's it. Same as home. It performs the function of keeping us and our stuff protected from the elements and is basically in clean working order. There are things wrong and I'm, ironically, in a similar position in that I'm bothered greatly by it but my other half doesn't care. Doesn't matter that it's a big deal to me, so since I can't take care of it all myself it is let go. I do what I can to improve things and, since I can't change his mind on the matter, I changed the ststus of the home in my own mind and relegated it to it's basic functional value. Car = transportation. Home = prote ction from elements and storage.

Side note: I tried a detailer a few years ago in an attempt to spruce up, but it was awful and I ended up getting most of the money back. Turns out some of the people saying they do car detailing have no idea what actually goes into doing it properly and just clean it like folks normally do. Been a rash of it the past few years, but I'm hoping at some point to get a little money and try again. Liberty, do you find this happening where you are? People who do a standard wash/vac calling that "detailing"?

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 02:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by libertytoall

Originally posted by vkey08
reply to post by libertytoall

Ya know I know you're upset about this, but my god it was a ding, a scratch, it's not like your door wouldn't work or had a huge dent in it or your headlights were smashed in or your mirrors were trashed or half the paint on your car fell off.. Buff it, shine it and all is well in the world.

But to ever suggest someone should DIE just for dinging your precious car...... I think you're using some prejudice against women to justify your anger... Maybe you should look at the root of your issue, it certainly isn't the car..

I never said I hope they die just that they wrap a tree. As for my disgust.. I'm not sure if I'm more disgusted by the damage or because human beings actually exist like this, that have no respect for others, and live in their own "me me me" bubble. If they did die it would do society good. I might start being in favor of eugenics.

edit on 19-6-2012 by libertytoall because: (no reason given)

Sounds like you want them dead to me. If they don't succumb to their injuries and die in the tree wreckage, that's just as awful there MIster.
It is not better.
What's wrong with you?
Do they really deserve that much pain and suffering?

That is equal to your pain about your ding is it????
MOTIVE: they banged my car with their door while carrying Gucci purses.

Isn't the real truth Mr. Dingdong that these women were attractive and not the kind of women who would bat an eyelash at you and because of your low self worth you feel unable to lure a good looking one in because you think it requires a higher income level and this is what makes you mad?

I'd like to see how bad your stupid little ding would seem to you if that was YOU wrapping a tree.
Trust me, you would not give a rats ass about it.

I agree there is more to your angst than the car ding..
Can we just call you ding dong from now on?

edit on 21-6-2012 by violet because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 03:08 AM
link   
I think it's high time you posted a pic if this dent.
Is it even visible from a distance? How about from space?
How on earth did you not ever foresee it wasnt going to remain flawless. Are all you coffee mugs chip free?

Why not inject some Botox into it.

I didn't watch your Botox video. Did you make it?

edit on 21-6-2012 by violet because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 05:09 AM
link   

I'm Ignorant?
Your biased opinion on Female drivers is ignorant, I got my first two stars in my last post stating the obvious so whatever... (AND i Just joined!)

Datsuns are trash?
Oh Im sorry You think that way... Datsuns are Far better than ANY jeep

Planning to keep your bic lighter jeep for twenty years! Why? The worlds not gonna last long enough for you to even get close to having a "Classic" Status on that snap together, plastic molded, robot made GARBAGE!

Why dont I bring back life to a real car? I did! You obviously cant comprehend what a real car is, because you bought a JEEP!!!

Stroke my Ego? Again jelous you cant build something. thus u pay for TRASH...
You busted your @$$ workin to save the money for your new investment, and in all that time it took to save that hard earned money... You choose...a JEEP...

My Line of thinking? Look at your thread man! Your a hippocrate, plain and simple

Lack of repect? Look what you are saying about my "CLASSIC JAPANESE SPORTS CAR!"
At least my Datsun is a piece of vintage racing history!
What are you gonna say about your "Bic" lighter Jeep in 20 years? HA!
The only history your jeep is gonna have, is this long; "cry me a river" and "the world revolves around me" thread.
Oh yeah, AND! My Datsun 240z also started the whole "drifting" craze years ago in Japan
(Think; Wangan Midnight)

Drive my car off a cliff? Your just jealous You'll never own one man.
It took you 20 years to buy a stupid Jeep. (I'm laughing so hard)

What a decision to make in 20 years... must be a mid-life crisis thing

"Prime example of total lack of respect?"
Yes I think that YOU are! considering what you brought upon the rant section against women.

A piece of advice, dont debate me with your childish words because your contradicting youself everytime and looking like a fool afterwards, are you even reading what you are typeing? maybe if you wanted to bicker about this... You shoulda' kept it between you and your friends of reality. Cuz its a jeep thang SON!

Mwah ha ha ha!!! Rant on my fellow Propaganda pplz!
Rant on...
edit on 6/21/2012 by TheSyntheticUnderground because: A few last words...

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 09:40 PM
link   
hoo boy it's getting a bit hot in here. I'm going to go see if anybody has caught a Bigfoot yet over in Cryptozoology. Or maybe check out what's due to blow the planet to bits next over in Fragile Earth. You know, the happy friendly parts of ATS where we (usually) all get along regardless of race, religion, gender, and age and condition of automobile....

OP, don't forget to let us know how the repair turned out.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 02:38 AM
link   
I know if I walk into my house with my shoes on my wife yells at me cos she has just washed the floor.

But scraping her car doesn't seem to bother her too much.

Odd don't you think ?

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 03:02 AM
link   
She might yell, but does she call you names, go global with it and declare that men shouldn't be allowed to walk indoors until they can show respect for a clean floor? lol.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by torque
She might yell, but does she call you names, go global with it and declare that men shouldn't be allowed to walk indoors until they can show respect for a clean floor? lol.

Oh god, don't give her ideas

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by torque

I like that idea, I think I will implement it in my house from now on....

Vote Clueless 2012

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 06:28 AM
link   

No offense, but you sound like a sore loser, dude.

No one should be driving if they aren't responsible, but that goes for anyone, men or women.

Plus, being a house wife is a job too, so don't go knocking people for doing that. Just because they don't have an official, tax-raped job doesn't mean they don't work.

It sounds like it was only an accident. Chill out.

Maybe you should learn some respect yourself.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Wow. Guess this thread has been dead for awhile now...

DATSUNS RULE!!!
JEEPS = GARBAGE!!!
GIRLS R' AWESOME!!!

And the rant goes on...

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by TheSyntheticUnderground

Yeah it seems to be dead. I'm subscribed to it in case the OP came back tp let us know how the repair turned out. That's about it.

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 11:25 PM
link   
I hope all the women in this thread are given a cracker jack prize ring as their wedding ring. After all it is just a piece of metal.. You wouldn't want to be materialistic would you girls?

Also, when it's time to buy a house just live in a ditch in the woods. If you buy a house with a kitchen and bathroom and intent to keep it clean and tidy you're being too materialistic..
edit on 12-6-2014 by libertytoall because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 05:34 AM
link   
a reply to: libertytoall You do realize your attitude isn't materialistic, it is dangerously obsessive, well into the serious disorder range.

A person can like to keep their house tidy, but they also know that unless they live alone, spouses, kids, pets, etc. can really mess it up. Do they go all nutzoid and hate every man, child or pet because of it? No!, they might express frustration but what you are saying isn't frustration, it is frighting.

Seriously dude, if you aren't over it some two years later, get some professional help.

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 05:55 AM
link   
I don't suppose anyone has seen the irony in the thread posters name? LibertyForAll except when it's women driving cars.

I have to agree somewhat with the op's anger towards female drivers, he also hasn't been subject of some wannabe racing driver almost causing a very high speed accident which is most likely to be caused by males between 18-30.
But although women don't drive like racing drivers, I am daily having to avoid some because they are too busy fixing their hair or turning to look at the passenger they are speaking to and veering on the road while doing so, so although you drive slower I have to agree awareness is not always their strong points.

I would have gone after her and reported her to the police for leaving the scene of an accident, alternatively ask wherever you parked if they keep video of the car park.
edit on 13-6-2014 by mclarenmp4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 06:00 AM
link   
My next door neighbor, a 40 year old woman at the time, got angry at a petrol station in her range rover (with bull bars) and rammed a smaller hatchback off the petrol grid because the other lady was taking too long to pay. tehehe.

She didnt even work and was a 24/7 house wife so couldnt even blame it on a bad day at work.

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 06:08 AM
link   
a male drunk driver hit my car. he fell asleep at the wheel. it was christmas. i had my seat belt on but it was back when there were only lap belts. i had a friend in the car with me, she also had her seat belt on. when he hit the car, she grabbed me to slow her own forward momentum, which slammed my nose into the steering wheel. for christmas, i had 2 black eyes. the car wasn't super expensive, it was just a ford LTD, but it was pretty sturdy, heavy steel. even then he smashed in the whole back end of the car, from the back seat door and broke out the back window, and the window in the door he hit.

i got a car that was my graduation present from my mom, which i had been hoping to get for 2 years. i loved that car. when i got married, my husband drove it to work. it was a datsun 280z, back when all the parts were still only made in japan. it had an odd oil gauge that he didn't know how to read. when he heard the tappits, it was already too late. seized up the engine. i was mad at him for about 5 minutes and then realized it was just a car and he was much more important than the car, even if it was a datsun 280z, special edition 2+2 with leather interior and surround sound stereo and a sun roof and....

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 06:19 AM
link   
then there was the dad who was trying to talk to his children in the backseat of his car, while he was driving. i was going down a four lane road that had a meridian. he was using a u-turn thing in the meridian. as i was passing him i thought, he's not stopppping... crash. car went in shop for 3 months. lol

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 08:00 AM
link   
a reply to: libertytoall

Hello libertytoallMEN,

I would like to ask why you are attacking one gender in particular, when the behaviour you describe is practised by BOTH?
Upon reading, I would have to assume that you are speaking from personal experience.

I also have had a few personal experiences. A man cheated on me. Are ALL men cheats? A man hit me. Are ALL men violent? A man lied to me. Are ALL men liars? A man hit my car door. Should MEN not be allowed to own vehicles until they respect other peoples'?
Of course the answer to these questions is "No."

So why hate on women? Do you realize, that if you used ANY other generalization in your thread title, it likely would be closed. BLACKS should not be allowed.....MUSLIMS should not be allowed....FAT PEOPLE should not be allowed....HANDICAPPED PEOPLE should not be allowed....
Right? People would be in an uproar over such discrimination.

So please don't generalize about women. We are all individuals, with our own unique way of behaving.
Oh, and try to enjoy your life. A woman gave it to you.

jacygirl

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join