It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Commander Says Shift To Asia Pacific Steady, Deliberate

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Germanicus

The majority of the US War Ships will shift to the Asia Pacific?

It is because this is where all the money is now. That is the only reason.

It’s because that’s where the growing threat is.

You know…crazy Asians hell bent on world domination through military and economic means (China and N. Korea's Kim Jong Un come to mind)?

Deterrent…that’s all it is; make’em think twice about any shenanigans.

Quick question - Do all Aussies feel inferior to Americans? Just wondering?

edit on 17-6-2012 by seabag because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Germanicus

How ignorant

R. J. Rummel, a professor of political science at the University of Hawaii, states that between 1937 and 1945, the Japanese military murdered from nearly 3,000,000 to over 10,000,000 people, most likely 6,000,000 Chinese, Indonesians, Koreans, Filipinos, and Indochinese, among others, including Western prisoners of war. "This democide was due to a morally bankrupt political and military strategy, military expediency and custom, and national culture."[36] According to Rummel, in China alone, during 1937–45, approximately 3.9 million Chinese were killed, mostly civilians, as a direct result of the Japanese operations and 10.2 million in the course of the war.[37] The most infamous incident during this period was the Nanking Massacre of 1937–38, when, according to the findings of the International Military Tribunal for the Far East, the Japanese Army massacred as many as 300,000 civilians and prisoners of war, although the accepted figure is somewhere in the hundreds of thousands.[38] In Southeast Asia, the Manila massacre resulted in the death of 100,000 civilians in the Philippines. It is estimated that at least one out of every 20 Filipinos died at the hand of the Japanese during the occupation.[39][40] In the Sook Ching massacre, Lee Kuan Yew, the ex-Prime Minister of Singapore, said during an interview with National Geographic that there were between 50,000 and 90,000 casualties[41] while according to Major General Kawamura Saburo, there were 5,000 casualties in total.[42] There were other massacres of civilians e.g. the Kalagong massacre.

Japanese war crimes

Deny Ignorance

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by purplemer
Hey Slayer
Both Germany and Japan are now owned by the bankers. That is why they are both powerhubs and have been so successful since ww2

They also have some of the highest standard of living in their regions but unlike you I'm not a fan of their Banking connections, actually far from it

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

I love how many gloss over those undeniable facts when they bring up Hiroshima...

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
reply to post by sonnny1

I love how many gloss over those undeniable facts when they bring up Hiroshima...

I wonder how many MORE would have died,from the Japanese,if Hiroshima DIDN'T happen ?

OPERATION KETSU-GO

The sooner the Americans come, the better...One hundred million die proudly.

Japanese slogan in the summer of 1945.

OPERATION KETSU-GO

edit on 17-6-2012 by sonnny1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
reply to post by sonnny1

Dunno what is sadder the constant attempts at demagoguery of the US over Hiroshima and Nagasaki when more people have been killed under the last great weapon of mass destruction of chemical warfare as was seen in the great war to end all wars 1.

People do gloss over the facts that out of all weapons ever designed more people have been killed under chemical attacks, and by someone's favorite guys.
edit on 17-6-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

They also have some of the highest standard of living in their regions but unlike you I'm not a fan of their Banking connections, actually far from it

Its funny how the people who bag on America ASSUME that America controls the banking cartel.

REALLY?

I wish!

Apparently everything "rich" comes from America!! I guess I should take that as a compliment!

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 11:32 PM
link   

American corporations are trying to rip us off.

And China is their bride...
Try to have a good night
edit on 17-6-2012 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Then what does that make Chinese corporations?

Petrochina is the worlds only trillion dollar big oil corporation which means they rip people off!

Hmmm.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabag
reply to post by SLAYER69

Its funny how the people who bag on America ASSUME that America controls the banking cartel.

REALLY?

I wish!

Apparently everything "rich" comes from America!! I guess I should take that as a compliment!

Where do all the mulinational corporations come from? Delaware. And you know very well that the big US Banking families come from the US.

As far as people like you go, I pity you. No I do not think of everything rich coming from America. I think of a hell hole that has half its population on food satmps. High unemployment. Poor Credit Rating.......... Nobody envies America. We feel sorry for you.

And you can vote in your Imperial elections. We cant. Most of you do not even bother.

Australia is the number one OECD nation btw. America is not a good place.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Where do all the mulinational corporations come from? Delaware. And you know very well that the big US Banking families come from the US.

No not all multinationals come from Delware geez listening to RT again?

As far as people like you go, I pity you.

Some people pity the Sino-Australian inferority complex.

I think of a hell hole that has half its population on food satmps. High unemployment. Poor Credit Rating.......... Nobody envies America. We feel sorry for you.

No America is not a hell hole and apparently someone has never been to this country, there are far worse hell holes in the world. Oh like China, and North Korea.

And you can vote in your Imperial elections. We cant. Most of you do not even bother.

People throw imperial around way too much and:

Australia is the number one OECD nation btw. America is not a good place.

Better than China,North Korea and Australia.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 12:05 AM
link   
I love hearing Anti-U.S. comments from people in countries that every time something goes wrong for them...they come crying to the U.S. for help. Two World Wars we didn't start...the Soviets invading Countries Left and Right...we win the Cold War...and BITCH, BITCH, BITCH!

Most of these countries can't even protect their own shipping and without a U.S. Pacific fleet protecting shipping lanes....well...look at Africa.

It's easy to Bitch when you have nothing to be responsible for or anything to sacrifice. Pathetic!
Split Infinity

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Where do all the mulinational corporations come from? Delaware.

YA! I GUESS?

And you know very well that the big US Banking families come from the US.

Really? The Rothchilds are of German/Jewish decent. ING is the largest banking institution in the WORLD and they’re from the Netherlands! Dolt?

As far as people like you go, I pity you. No I do not think of everything rich coming from America. I think of a hell hole that has half its population on food satmps. High unemployment. Poor Credit Rating.......... Nobody envies America. We feel sorry for you.

YA RIGHT! Could have fooled me!

And you can vote in your Imperial elections. We cant. Most of you do not even bother. Australia is the number one OECD nation btw. America is not a good place.

Just enjoy your Starbucks and chill out!

edit on 18-6-2012 by seabag because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 12:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by SplitInfinity
I love hearing Anti-U.S. comments from people in countries that every time something goes wrong for them...they come crying to the U.S. for help. Two World Wars we didn't start...the Soviets invading Countries Left and Right...we win the Cold War...and BITCH, BITCH, BITCH!

Most of these countries can't even protect their own shipping and without a U.S. Pacific fleet protecting shipping lanes....well...look at Africa.

It's easy to Bitch when you have nothing to be responsible for or anything to sacrifice. Pathetic!
Split Infinity

What is very pathetic is propaganda filled Americans thinking they saved the world from nazi. Your public just sat back and did not want to enter the war until attacked.

And you never ever saved Australia. Ever. Japan was never going to invade our forces defeated them by themselves. Containment was always Yamamotos strategy. To top it off, we hate dugout Doug McCarther. He was a coward that left Australians to die.

You are full of propaganda. It is very pathetic.

It is not anti-american to want to break an alliance with the US. The US is doomed. It is obvious.

edit on 18-6-2012 by Germanicus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 12:44 AM
link   
reply to post by seabag

YA! I GUESS?

What do you mean "YA I GUESS".

I am not surprised you do not know.

The state of Delaware is the corporate home of over 1,000,000 corporations, limited liability companies, limited partnerships, not for profit corporations and other corporate entities, with hundreds of thousands more added each year. For a state with a small population, this is a lot of companies. Why do so many companies want to incorporate here?

www.usa-corporate.com...

You guys just need to deal with the fact that I know more stuff than you. I do not hate america. I can see that america is doomed. I think Australia and any nation with any sense should stop using the USD. Your government has failed. Your country is not a superpower now. The cost of running that massive military will be too great when the USD is unseated. The BRICS will unseat the USD. So America is doomed.
edit on 18-6-2012 by Germanicus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 12:54 AM
link   

I will go easy on you since you obviously have no clue to what current plans are as far as what the U.S. Military as well as the current quick pickup of the U.S. Economy.

The United States does not do things without reason. As the U.S. Economy goes...so goes the economies of the rest of the world and nothing is started without first consulting the U.S.

China depends on the U.S. and with a simple stop of payments as well a stop of purchase of Chinese goods...the U.S. could bring China to it's Knees without firing a shot.

When you speak of the U.S....you should do so with a bit more respect since we are the only thing preventing many countries falling into a state of total anarchy.

The U.S. has weathered tougher times than these and will so again. As far as the Pacific Fleet....China is NO THREAT TO THE UNITED STATES. All this talk is lobbyists attempts at greater appropriations for a Larger Fleet we do not need. China has ZERO ABILITY of FORCE PROJECTION. Any Chinese fleet would be blown out of the water half way before they reached Taiwan..and they KNOW IT! Split Infinity

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 12:59 AM
link   

What is very pathetic is propaganda filled Americans thinking they saved the world from nazi. Your public just sat back and did not want to enter the war until attacked.

Without Americas Industrial might,All of Europe would have fell. When you don't have to fight,a 2 front war,a 1 front war is a hell of a lot easier.

Again,your bias opinion reeks of Anti-American rhetoric.

our forces defeated them by themselves.

Revisionist History........

Im 100% sure Australian WW2 soldiers,would disagree with you. How about you find me 1,just 1 Australian WW2 soldier,that will back you up.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 01:09 AM
link   

Australia is very unlikely to break the alliance, the last time there was an openly anti-US politician, was Mark Latham. Do you remember what happened to him?

The Australian reliance on the US dates back to the UKUSA 1947-48 SIGINT co-operation and exchange. These are the structures that politicians must operate within. No political party which wishes to remain in power, or get into power would challenge this agreement.

You must learn to see things how they are, not as you would wish them to be.

edit on 18-6-2012 by deessell because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 01:10 AM
link   
A little bit of the back and forth with propaganda posters? That is so World War II, and the Cold War. I thought we were beyond the standard stereotypes? I guess not? Aside from that, the US has strategic interests in the Pacific, and security commitments to nations as well. For the time being, I do not see the US going anywhere. China has brought this change of strategy upon themselves.

China issues warnings on Philippines

Japan protest over 'dangerous' China helicopter fly-by

Those are just a couple of examples of China flexing its muscles. Apparently, many neighbors in the region are concerned about China's new found expansionist behavior? We are not talking about strong-arm trade agreements or commercial expansion, but subtle hints at using military measures to achieve China's aims for the Pacific. The nations whom feel threatened by China's advancements have requested US assistance. There is no arm twisting as some would like to believe.

Contrary to what some may think? The US Navy has been largely responsible for security in the Pacific since the end of WWII. In that time, shipping lanes have remained open, trade has flourished, and the standard of living has risen across the board. Someone has got to step in to maintain fair and equitable relations between the nations in the Pacific. China has a massive army, developing a blue water navy, and has an ever increasing defense budget. Other smaller nations are watching that and are a little skittish. They are in no position to stare down the behemoth known as China on their own. Perhaps, the US is increasing its strategic assets as means to keep China honest in their dealings in the Pacific? Furthermore, the US has sovereign to territory in the Pacific as well. Like Hawaii, Guam, and other islands. China is out to protect their interests, and so too is the US.
edit on 18-6-2012 by Jakes51 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 01:21 AM
link   

The state of Delaware is the corporate home of over 1,000,000 corporations, limited liability companies, limited partnerships, not for profit corporations and other corporate entities, with hundreds of thousands more added each year.

Where the hell does one get "mulitinational" out of that?

The simple fact how many of that 1 million corporations AND other business entities but not limited to Delware are still around after filing ?

Not too many.

You guys just need to deal with the fact that I know more stuff than you.

Someone thinks they do key word choice their thinks

There is an old saying made famous that goes "the problem with my liberals friends isn't they are ignorant it's just they know so much that isn't true".

Reagan said that and it fits here just needs to be amended to my Aussie "friend".

Blah Brics

Now back to the regular scheduled thread of China and Australia is better than Amerika.

edit on 18-6-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join