It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michelle Obama requires photo ID and SS number for book signing

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   
I lean a bit more "Left" on many issues than I do "Right, (being that I am of middle-class status and am aware of which party seems to be more concerned for middle-class working folks), but if this is true, this is PURE HYPOCRISY to say the LEAST!!!!!!!
edit on 17-6-2012 by HangTheTraitors because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabag
reply to post by captaintyinknots

Not sure why you are asking me this, as I have never claimed it is.

Because you clearly don’t understand the topic being discussed!

Read slower!

Nice try. I absolutely do understand it. You dont understand what I am saying. You all are playing the same rhetorical games you claim to despise. And you are perpetuating FALSE INFORMATION to try and make a point, which only serves to make you look desperate.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by captaintyinknots

Originally posted by DarthMuerte

Originally posted by windword
I'm thinking that this is a Secret Service vetting of people who are invited to meet the 1st lady, nothing more.
It is still hypocrisy of the first order. The MSM should be all over this, but they lie quiet for their masters.

How is it hypocritical for the secret service to DO THEIR JOB and protect the first lady?

Also, Id like to point out that the title of this thread is false and misleading-it is not Michelle Obama that is requiring it. It is the secret service.

Seriously, this is another in a long line of pathetic attempts to discredit the obamas.

Do people really need to go out of their way to discredit the obama's?? Have they not done enough to discredit themselves? Do you really think one more example of the hypocrisy the Obama's practice is the straw that is going to break their backs......or maybe that is what you are afraid of. I mean eventually even you will have to admit Obama is the worst president this country has seen in a very long time. For sure the worst in my life time.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   

I thought requiring people to provide ID and their SSN was a racist act like the Jim Crow laws of 1877? Isn’t that what we have been told? Obama himself has done his best to prevent stricter voting laws that would require people to show ID but apparently it’s ok to have that requirement to get an autograph from an elitist like Michelle Obama?

This has NOTHING to do with people voting. It's Secret Service protocol, not Obama's personal decision.

Take off your partisan blinders and apply critical thinking skills.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by DIDtm

I wonder if she will end up signing a book for her husband.

If she applied the same criteria to Barrack then I assume the Secret Service would have weeded him out!

The rules that apply to us never apply to the elites though.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by wardk28
If this was about protecting the First Lady, she wouldn't be doing a book signing. So let me get this straight, she is using tax payer dollars to push her book? How much is it costing to run back ground checks on each person? When will people stop treating these so called "public servents" like rock stars?

The rock star thing is definitely spot on. They wouldnt behave as they do if they were not propped up by our idiotic populace who treat something as solemn as an election for the leader of our country like a game show, talent show, and popularity contest all rolled into one.... and think its down to the final round with only 2 contestants left.. so they HAVE to pick one or the other that they are presented with as their pseudo only choices.

Sorry.. too much coffee.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by GuidedKill

Originally posted by captaintyinknots

I'm thinking that this is a Secret Service vetting of people who are invited to meet the 1st lady, nothing more.
It is still hypocrisy of the first order. The MSM should be all over this, but they lie quiet for their masters.

How is it hypocritical for the secret service to DO THEIR JOB and protect the first lady?

Also, Id like to point out that the title of this thread is false and misleading-it is not Michelle Obama that is requiring it. It is the secret service.

Seriously, this is another in a long line of pathetic attempts to discredit the obamas.

Do people really need to go out of their way to discredit the obama's?? Have they not done enough to discredit themselves? Do you really think one more example of the hypocrisy the Obama's practice is the straw that is going to break their backs......or maybe that is what you are afraid of. I mean eventually even you will have to admit Obama is the worst president this country has seen in a very long time. For sure the worst in my life time.

ANd thank you for illustrating my point.

There are plenty of things to dislike about the Obamas. Which makes me wonder why people are so desperate that they MAKE THINGS UP, make false statements, post total propaganda, and lies, just to try and make them look bad.

Stick to the facts people. Your point will be better received.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 01:41 PM
link   

It's only 'hypocrisy' if you falsely and absurdly equate Secret Service protocol with voting laws, two wildly differing topics.

It's RATHER OBVIOUS that the Secret Service will need to do a security background on the people who will be meeting with the first lady. That is NOTHING NEW, and has been done by every Administration for DECADES.

So, once again you people get angry over something that is totally normal and done by previous admins as well.

Your partisanship is OBVIOUS.

edit on 17-6-2012 by stanguilles7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Providing "reasonable" protection for her, is one thing, asking for SSN's is over the top....why would they need that? I agree with the OP, something seems quite odd about this

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by stanguilles7

This has NOTHING to do with people voting. It's Secret Service protocol, not Obama's personal decision.

So let me get this straight….if the secret service does it it’s not racist its just “doing their job” but if an election official “does their job” to protect MY VOTE AND YOURS then its racist to require ID?

Do you know what being hypocritical means?

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by poppycock
who gives a rat's ass?

Ignorance....

You say it like it does not belong on ATS. This is just another confirmation. They do not want you to fell like you have any control. These small tactics have a huge effect on society. Small steps over time so that no one notices. Its like boiling a frog in slowly so it does not fell the temperature changes.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by DarthMuerte

Sorry, but I don't see the hypocrisy at all. I only see the Secret Service doing their job. Not just anyone can walk up to the 1st Lady, without first being cleared.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Sarah Palin did exactly the same thing when I went to buy her book.....

SS protocol...

Now what were you sayin?

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   

reply to post by stanguilles7

So let me get this straight….if the secret service does it it’s not racist its just “doing their job” but if an election official “does their job” to protect MY VOTE AND YOURS then its racist to require ID?

So let me get this straight. You think that the protocol for voting is in ANY WAY COMPARABLE to the security protocol for meeting the FLOTUS?

And how is it 'racist' for the SS to protect the FLOTUS? Was it 'racist' when they did the VERY SAME THING with the previous FLOTUS? Or the one before that, or before that...

You are just pushing a nonsense issue and desperately and ridiculously trying to equate it with an entirely different topic.

There are two reason for this either A- you are truly ignorant and dont see these are two entirely different issues, or B- you are pushing a partisan talking pint.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by stanguilles7

Why does the secret service need to ID people?

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   

There are plenty of things to dislike about the Obamas. Which makes me wonder why people are so desperate that they MAKE THINGS UP, make false statements, post total propaganda, and lies, just to try and make them look bad.

Stick to the facts people. Your point will be better received.

You’re simply calling the FACTS in my OP a “lie” because you can’t defend them.

Do a Google search….you’ll find dozens of stories on the matter; it happened!!

The reason I posted it is because PEOPLE NEED TO KNOW who the Obamas really are. Many people (like you) didn't even know about this story. Either that or you're simply here to downplay it and attack me in defense of the messiah. Which is it?

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by olaru12
reply to post by seabag

Sarah Palin did exactly the same thing when I went to buy her book.....

SS protocol...

Now what were you sayin?

Yup, same thing when Laura Bush did a book signing:

thenightbeat.tumblr.com...

link   
reply to post by windword

Sorry, but I don't see the hypocrisy at all. I only see the Secret Service doing their job. Not just anyone can walk up to the 1st Lady, without first being cleared.

And NOT JUST ANYONE can walk into a voting booth and dictate my future or yours!

You can’t be serious when you say you don't see the hypocrisy!

link   
I guess that if she is sooo worried about her safety, and concerned that someone may want to harm her, then maybe she should rethink her actions. My actions and choices affect alot of people everyday, but Im not really too worried about someone trying to harm me. I have also gotten many, many autographs from public figures, and never have I been vetted. I've met plenty face-to-face, and never was I subject to a background test. Just sayin.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   

So you think they are just going to let anyone get that close to the First Lady? They need to make sure that there isn't a security threat. I doubt they would take both SS and ID just to document who was there.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join