It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michelle Obama requires photo ID and SS number for book signing

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Chickensalad

I guess that if she is sooo worried about her safety, and concerned that someone may want to harm her, then maybe she should rethink her actions.

I don’t begrudge the first lady the necessary level of security required to ensure her safety. I understand why the SS did what they did. My point is that Obama says it’s “racist” to check people's ID when it comes to voting but somehow its justified in this case.

I think its justified IN BOTH CASES!!!

I WANT ID’S CHECKED!! If we continue to allow our voting process to be corrupted then we (as citizens) will never regain control over our country.

Check ID’s and protect Michelle!

Check ID’s and protect my vote too!

edit on 17-6-2012 by seabag because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by wardk28

Well, can I ask what Public Office she was elected to? Can I ask what her obligation to the public is? Im not too sure that just because she is the wife of a so called President means a damn thing. She's not making the political decisions, she's not signing bills into law.

Sooo....Why so serious?!?!

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabag
reply to post by windword

Sorry, but I don't see the hypocrisy at all. I only see the Secret Service doing their job. Not just anyone can walk up to the 1st Lady, without first being cleared.

And NOT JUST ANYONE can walk into a voting booth and dictate my future or yours!

You can’t be serious when you say you don't see the hypocrisy!

"Hypocrisy' implies to comparable events. These are not comparable at all. One is people meeting someone the SS is suppose to protect, the other is voting. The Secret Service has nothing to do with voting. Secret Service protocol is to protect key figures.If you care to read the posts in this thread, you will discover this has been done for other figures, too, like Laura Bush and Sarah Palin.

If you want voter ID laws, you should maybe start a thread about that. But desperately and nonsensically trying to equate to entirely different subjects just makes you look absurd.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by stanguilles7

"Hypocrisy' implies to comparable events. These are not comparable at all.

This is like arguing with a brick.

Checking ID’s is the common denominator here!! It’s NOT RACIST to check an ID whether it’s to protect the FLOTUS or to protect voting rights of AMERICANS!

Who are the people trying to prevent the checking of ID's?? OBAMA!!! (but not in this case - only for voting)

GEEEZ!

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarthMuerte
It is only racist or elitist if you are white or a "terrorist". Of course, we are all "terrorists" now.

Absolutely true. PeeWee Herman and Chewbacca can do anything they want. Bitch about it and you are a born-again-terrorist.

F# that. The real terrorists are in Washington and they are overseeing the mass murder of civilians almost daily. What will you do when they start murdering "terrorists" in your neighborhood?

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Chickensalad

Well with that logic, why does she even have Secret Service? Why do former presidents have Secret Service agents assigned to them after they leave office? Just because they don't have any power to make decisions doesn't mean they wouldn't be a target.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Make sure a person isn't armed. An agent can stand next to her. No ID and certainly SS# needed.

I also do not like the idea of the costs incurred while she makes money with a book. First cut to save money should be all the costs protecting ex government officials and flying them home for weekends.

Guess she figures that after being first lady the market for her book will drop.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   
How can you sign something if you don't know sign language?

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
Government employee Sherriff Joe is a racist for asking for ID.

Government employee Secret Service is not racist for asking for ID.

Are people that blinded by political ideology?

No difference.

So IDing people who CHOOSE to go to an event is the same to you as IDing random people on the street because they "look illegal?"

Is that really how your mind works?

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Who are the people trying to prevent the checking of ID's?? OBAMA!!!

So you want the Secret Service to check people's ID's before they vote?

You DO know the Secret Service has nothing to do with voting, right?

Where you as outraged by this same protocol when it was used for Laura Bush's book signing?
edit on 17-6-2012 by stanguilles7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by stanguilles7

So you want the Secret Service to check people's ID's before they vote?

You DO know the Secret Service has nothing to do with voting, right?

Weak attempt at muddying the waters, Ma’am.

You’re not skilled enough to pull that with me!

I want election officials to be permitted to check ID’s…I’ve said that several times now. Government officials acting in an official capacity to protect the rights or safety of Americans should not be called ‘racists’ for checking ID’s.

If Obama and democrats consider checking ID's racist in ANY case then it should not be permitted for ANY reason; rules should be applied equitably.
edit on 17-6-2012 by seabag because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

When ever I vote in national or local elections; I always have to show my voter registration card and sometimes my DL. So what...it applies to all voters, always has...it's the law no matter what Obama wants. Nothing will change.

IMO your partisan, agenda driven rant seems pointless.

edit on 17-6-2012 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   

reply to post by captaintyinknots

There are plenty of things to dislike about the Obamas. Which makes me wonder why people are so desperate that they MAKE THINGS UP, make false statements, post total propaganda, and lies, just to try and make them look bad.

Stick to the facts people. Your point will be better received.

You’re simply calling the FACTS in my OP a “lie” because you can’t defend them.

Do a Google search….you’ll find dozens of stories on the matter; it happened!!

The reason I posted it is because PEOPLE NEED TO KNOW who the Obamas really are. Many people (like you) didn't even know about this story. Either that or you're simply here to downplay it and attack me in defense of the messiah. Which is it?

Lie #1: Michelle Obama is asking for the ID.
Lie #2: It is not standard SS protocol to do so.
Lie #3: This has ANY parallels to voter identity.
Lie #4: The Obamas have ANY say in standard SS protocol.
Lie #5: Only the Obamas have done this.

Need me to keep going? This is nothing but LIES and rhetoric.

Like I said before, stick to the facts people. You wont look so pathetically desperate.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

I really don't see what the problem is, birthers want the president to show his birth certificate personally to every single person in this United States. So, I guess what's good for the goose is good for the gander.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by olaru12

It’s shocking how little you understand this issue, sir.

Texas is preparing for a legal showdown next month in federal court over a new voter photo ID law passed by the Legislature but blocked by the Justice Department which cited discrimination against minority voters.

“We objected to a photo ID requirement in Texas because it would have had a disproportionate impact on Hispanic voters,” U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder told a recent conference of black clergy.
link

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by wardk28
reply to post by captaintyinknots

So you think they are just going to let anyone get that close to the First Lady? They need to make sure that there isn't a security threat. I doubt they would take both SS and ID just to document who was there.

Ever been to a presidential event? Im guessing not. This is STANDARD PROTOCOL.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by habitforming

No difference.

So IDing people who CHOOSE to go to an event is the same to you as IDing random people on the street because they "look illegal?"

Do people not choose to go to vote?

Same thing.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by habitforming

No difference.

Do people not choose to go to vote?

Same thing.

So you were confused by my questioning your comparing the right to vote with getting a book signed by a celebrity?
Tell me all about how they are the same thing.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by habitforming

People get carded all the damn time, cash a check,start a bank account, go get welfare benefits and yet it is somehow racist to ask someone for what they should already have on them by law every time they go some place.

Really is astounding how people are missing the point.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   
As Neo just mentioned, how does someone in today's world get by without an ID? I guess if someone stay at home with a credit card and pays bills online...

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join