It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michelle Obama requires photo ID and SS number for book signing

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+26 more 
posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   
In an extreme display of hypocrisy, the first lady required people to provide photo ID and their SS number before she would consider autographing her book that they purchased.

On Friday, June 8th, those wishing to attend the event must purchase a copy of the First Lady's book at the location and leave it at the store, according to the employee. At the same time, customers must also submit their social security number and show an official photo ID (driver's license, passport) to a Secret Service agent, and they will be issued a wristband to the First Lady's event on June 12.( Emphasis added)

The liberal media, particularly Obama-boosting cable network MSNBC has done its best to attack voter ID laws as discriminatory at best and racist at worst.
link

I thought requiring people to provide ID and their SSN was a racist act like the Jim Crow laws of 1877? Isn’t that what we have been told? Obama himself has done his best to prevent stricter voting laws that would require people to show ID but apparently it’s ok to have that requirement to get an autograph from an elitist like Michelle Obama?

I’m sick of these hypocritical elitists?

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   

+10 more 
posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

I wonder if she will end up signing a book for her husband.

+1 more 
posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabag

I thought requiring people to provide ID and their SSN was a racist act like the Jim Crow laws of 1877? Isn’t that what we have been told? Obama himself has done his best to prevent stricter voting laws that would require people to show ID but apparently it’s ok to have that requirement to get an autograph from an elitist like Michelle Obama?

It is only racist or elitist if you are white or a "terrorist". Of course, we are all "terrorists" now.

+11 more 
posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   
I'm thinking that this is a Secret Service vetting of people who are invited to meet the 1st lady, nothing more.

+22 more 
posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Its not about finding out whether or not the people are "legal". It is about protecting the First Lady.

People just keep on trying to make something out of nothing.

And for the record, this entire thread should be pulled down as political trolling.

+4 more 
posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by windword
I'm thinking that this is a Secret Service vetting of people who are invited to meet the 1st lady, nothing more.
It is still hypocrisy of the first order. The MSM should be all over this, but they lie quiet for their masters.

+16 more 
posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by windword

Sure it is, but it’s hypocritical that they claim its “racist” when it’s done to ensure a voter’s identity and protect the integrity of our system but no mention of racism when checking ID for this purpose.

Hypocrites!

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

I think that the White House is just taking security measures to protect Mrs. Obama...nothing more...nothing less.

+15 more 
link   
It is hypocrisy when someone condemns id to to vote and then say asking for id to protect "Michelle".

There is no difference and yeah it is "racist"!!!!!!!

+1 more 
link   

Originally posted by DarthMuerte

Originally posted by windword
It is still hypocrisy of the first order. The MSM should be all over this, but they lie quiet for their masters.

How is it hypocritical for the secret service to DO THEIR JOB and protect the first lady?

Also, Id like to point out that the title of this thread is false and misleading-it is not Michelle Obama that is requiring it. It is the secret service.

Seriously, this is another in a long line of pathetic attempts to discredit the obamas.

+25 more 
posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by captaintyinknots

And for the record, this entire thread should be pulled down as political trolling.

It’s not trolling it’s pointing out the obvious double standard. I’m sorry you can’t look past your own love and admiration for the Obamas to see the hypocrisy in this story.

+14 more 
posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   
If this was about protecting the First Lady, she wouldn't be doing a book signing. So let me get this straight, she is using tax payer dollars to push her book? How much is it costing to run back ground checks on each person? When will people stop treating these so called "public servents" like rock stars?

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   

It’s not trolling it’s pointing out the obvious double standard. I’m sorry you can’t look past your own love and admiration for the Obamas to see the hypocrisy in this story.

Nice try, im not an obama supporter, but it sure is funny how you all jump to that garbage immediately when someone points out the pathetic rhetoric.

Terms in the OP such as "the liberal media" are most definitely political trolling.

+13 more 
posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Government employee Sherriff Joe is a racist for asking for ID.

Government employee Secret Service is not racist for asking for ID.

Are people that blinded by political ideology?

No difference.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by wardk28
If this was about protecting the First Lady, she wouldn't be doing a book signing. So let me get this straight, she is using tax payer dollars to push her book? How much is it costing to run back ground checks on each person? When will people stop treating these so called "public servents" like rock stars?

1)The secret service would be assigned to her, book signing or not, so it is not taking any extra tax dollars.

2)I dont see anything about background checks-just documenting who is there.

3)They will stop being protected right about the time that nutcases quit trying to kill them. In other words, never. Do you REALLY want the presidential family left unprotected?

+15 more 
posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   

How is it hypocritical for the secret service to DO THEIR JOB and protect the first lady?

How is it “racist” for election officials to DO THEIR JOB and verify the identity of voter’s before they cast a vote in a binding election, the results of which affect ALL OF US??

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   

How is it “racist” for election officials to DO THEIR JOB and verify the identity of voter’s before they cast a vote in a binding election, the results of which affect ALL OF US??

Not sure why you are asking me this, as I have never claimed it is.

+10 more 
posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Not sure why you are asking me this, as I have never claimed it is.

Because you clearly don’t understand the topic being discussed!

Read slower!

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join