It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michelle Obama requires photo ID and SS number for book signing

page: 16
<< 13  14  15   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by karen61057
reply to post by habitforming

Look buddy, I dont live in a rural area. I live in a major city. You ever heard of Norfolk Va. Newport News Va ? How about Richmond ? I've lived here for 20 years. Before that I lived in NY. I am not some simple country folk who never gets into the big bad city. I can see skyscrapers from my back yard. And the girl at KFC is still not behind a pane of bullet proof glass asking me if I want regular or extra crispy and neither is the guy at the Shell station. I hand my check card right over to him without anything in between he and me.

That is really great that you live where you live. I am happy for you, I really am. You seem to think you live in some kind of mecca because people have heard of it. I have heard of Stillwater, NY too and they only have one stoplight in town so I am not sure what your point is. Things are different where you live? I never said they had bullet proof glass at YOUR KFC did I?

What the hell is your point?

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Give me a break. You know who the Pope is right? Doesnt that speak for itself ?

Yes, I was raised Catholic. I still do not know how you think he is a world leader. He does not run the church you know? Do you know what the pope actually does? Do you know the significance of his seat within his own religion?
Again, I was raised Catholic and the pope is as much of a world leader as shoes are.

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 05:07 PM
link   

I dont know how to segment my responses like you've done with my posts and yours following each other so I have to address each question seperately.
I did not say the President was chosen like the pope. You've taken that sentence out of context.
I meant the need for protection was the same for the President and for the Pope.

That does not make much sense. Here is your context.

The Pope is the leader of the Catholic Church. He is chosen by a group of cardinals. Its not different from the president. They both require protection because of the world we live in.
What does how he is chosen have to do with the president and them both needing protection?

Why are you arguing my own point with me? I said that the president needed protection because he is the president and people are bad, not because Obama did anything in particular.
What are you arguing...still?

new topics

<< 13  14  15   >>

join