It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

EXTRAORDINARY: Strong Russian ground forces moved in Syria

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by princeofpeace
Whatever. Nothing is going to come of this nothing ever does.

Could you expand on that as i feel you have far more to contribute to this thread than a simple one line reply.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Speculation has it's place, but it is just conjecture. The fact of the matter is, we are just observers in this and we have little control over what happens so the only thing you can do is hope for the best, prepare for the worst, and call you politicians who are going to get what they demand.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   
I guess some of the members were warning that Syria can turn into a full blown war among the superpowers.

Russia is well preparing to fight a doomsday war.USA is not.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by cerebralassassins

We're not just good we're the best there is. (does the touch down dance)

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Looks like the banskters need another world war to reboot the financial system and the sheep dutifully follow along where ever they are herded to do their bidding...

What if the Russian and American militarys just said no we will not fight this war! What a world it would be...

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

USA is the bankster's arm.Putin kicked the banksters out of russia.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by cerebralassassins

I realize that many of the members or viewers are half way across the world and to them it seems that this another proxy war or some regional war. The sad truth is that Russia on a military level and political level has made it crystal clear that it will not allow any take over of Syria. Recent military urban attack helicopters and as the articles mentions and missile defense systems along with special forces have been moved in. In closing i will say one thing, this has me genuinely worried and we need to understand that this isnt about Syria, but a direct confrontation of two super powers and nato

translate.google.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

We already did the big boy on the block thing years ago with the Russians , they blinked and communism in there neck of the woods collapsed. This war will happen and there is nothing anyone on earth can do about it . Damascus will be destroyed never to be inhabited again. Iran will aide them and it's people will be scattered to the four winds . Russia will have five out of every six soldiers killed . This was all fore told 2500 years ago.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Azadok2day

seems the bible thumpers are in full swing with their BS again.did god order you to sacrifice your babies to moloch?

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by TDawgRex

Um, yes we did find WMD's in Iraq. Chemical weapons to be exact. But they were old and highly degraded as they were not stored in a regulated enviroment. I saw them and there was 50+ rounds. How they were destroyed though I have no clue.

They were old? How old? Do you suppose those were some of the WMD given to them by the US during their aggressive war against Iran?

Do be specific. If you can't ID the source, perhaps you agree that your argument is invalid?

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by AlreadyGone
Lets see...

Russia, a great and fierce nation to the north, has come to the defense and aid of Syria...which is to the north of Israel.
Turkey has been probing the airspace over Greece and claimed Israeli air defense boundries...putting Turkey at odds with Israel.
Iran is striking an aggressive pose toward Israel and "possibly" developing nuclear weapons systems to bring "fire" down upon the Israelis.
Egypt and Lybia are in a loose alliance being governed by the Brotherhood, both taking anti Israeli positions.
And Israel and the US are allies...kinda, sorta, maybe... with the President taking a less than warm stand with Israel...all the while praising the "Arab Spring."

Let's see... where have we read this before?....Oh, I remember... Ezekiel 38-39.

Russia is an ally of Syria. They are its patron country like the US is a patron of Israel. Turkey is supporting the Palestinians and protecting the Gaza Strip.
The Gaza strip is a very very valuable piece of land with huge economic potential.
And behind it is Israel, with a group of Palestinians who want autonomy, but who really should assimilate.
As part of Israel, their income would be similar to an Israeli income. As a Palestinian state they would be dirt poor second class citizens with very few prospects.
So then it was suggested that a deal be struck. A census be taken, and all residents be given two lump sums of money to buy them out.
10,000 in one installment and 10,000 in a second installment and they be made citizens of Israel.
They then have the option to buy back their land. using that money and so the land price is set such that they could. Since we are talking about poor residential squalor for the most part right now.
The settlements would be permitted to stay, providing they too buy their land at the same prices.
They however do not get the endowment since they are Israeli citizens homesteading on land that is disputed.

So everything was fine until they got to Jerusalem, as usual and so then you have people there occupying, and you have people there who are Palestinians who live there and work there and want to claim that land as their own as well. So I don't know why they just could not get past that small little area of Jerusalem, but insisted that it was not acceptable. At first I just said anything behind the wall belongs to Israel.
Then we compromised and said ok, the people inside the wall can have the same deal, money for peace and land option. And so they were still wafting in the breeze so I just walked out of the talks and when they want to decide to do something then we can arbitrate.
Gaza is not part of the deal. That is a separate deal. And also the Palestinians wanted land to build a city to replace the one they would lose. And the only land available for that is not very nice land. But agricultural land is not where you can build a commercial center, a city for commerce, because agricultural cultivatable land is precious in the Middle East.
The reason Gaza is not included is because it serves a purpose as a bridge between Israel and the Arab nations. For commerce. Neither have to go to each others countries to meet to do business they could meet there in a sort of middle ground.
So we asked Turkey just to protect it, since you know opportunists would capitalize on it if they could since it has economic potential. And we are still in negotiations trying to end this long standing dispute.

But since I am an economist, I am looking at the situation from a different perspective. One where it is very much more advantageous for the Palestinians to just become citizens, take the money and get on with their lives richer for it and still living in the same place, only with the fences and machine guns and checkpoints hopefully unnecessary.
Each family member will receive that money so if you have a few children, you could buy a farm there.
And be set for generations to come.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Nope. No elaboration needed. I mean i can verse it as many different ways as you like but the premise will indeed remain the same. Wanna hear it again? ok: "Whatever. Nothing is going to come of this nothing ever does."

Originally posted by cerebralassassins

Originally posted by princeofpeace
Whatever. Nothing is going to come of this nothing ever does.

Could you expand on that as i feel you have far more to contribute to this thread than a simple one line reply.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Now the big bear will get it's military shown for exactly what they do.Oh how the horrible US deploys its forces.Well buckos watch these guys.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   

You don't think the Russians have sent extra forces into Syria purely to protect their military interests ?

I can't imagine they are drawing a line in the sand, so to speak ?

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Thats exactly what they are doing. This will not lead to WWIII.

Originally posted by MrJohnSmith

You don't think the Russians have sent extra forces into Syria purely to protect their military interests ?

I can't imagine they are drawing a line in the sand, so to speak ?

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   
If this were some big development it would be plastered all over the MSM. The mere fact that its not in the news and the US hasnt even made a statement about it is pretty telling in that its not a big worry. Its only big to ATS'ers who cant wait for WWIII.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by princeofpeace

Absolutely. A good point. They are probably just going in to protect their assets from the internal strife...

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Hold on folks,this may be a storm in a tea cup:
defensetech.org...
A squad does not a comprise a "force"

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by mkgandhas
reply to post by Azadok2day

seems the bible thumpers are in full swing with their BS again.did god order you to sacrifice your babies to moloch?

No that would be your god ,Satan- Moloch the same being . Besides I do not ask you to believe but please do put it on the shelf for when it happens you can remember my lucky guess .

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Rocketman7

cont'd...

So basically at the time I worked it out based on land area, and population, to arrive at a land value for the transaction. Which if you are a scientist you might realize that its a relative deal in that the actual amounts are not the most critical thing and are negotiable, but the formula is the important diplomatic point.

For instance they get citizenship.
So then we assume they will continue to live there only now they will have a lump sum of money, and one in the bank to be paid later.

So I considered that if the one lump sum could be used to buy back their land, then the second lump sum could be used to allow them to acclimatize. And find employment create employment for themselves etc.

So then economically through a tax base Israel benefits.
So from the Palestinian perspective, they get more money at one time then they have ever seen before.
They get to keep their land, their house, their life is unaffected by the transition for the most part.
And being citizens are granted the same rights and its a very industrious nation of hard working individuals who enjoy a good level of income and pleasant comfortable life style compared to sitting in the sand in the sun penniless.

From the Israeli perspective, the disputed land is no longer disputed, the Palestinian state forgotten, unless they want to make it in Gaza. And the heart of Israel, now becomes part of Israel and they are given the land.
The price they pay to the Palestinians is a price derived by setting a reasonably cheap price per acre.
On the total area. All acres being of the same value in this deal.

So Israel gets the land, but must pay for it, but gets a reasonable good deal. Then, they have to give the same deal to their new citizens as part of that deal, and allow them an option to purchase the land they forfeited.
And they use the money they are given to buy that land and cannot get money from people in other countries and buy up huge tracts of land or anything like that.
If they are a family, they can pool their money and buy enough land to farm. From the money they are given.

After the time has lapsed that they are given to decide if they want to buy back their land, then the rest of the world other Israeli citizens may purchase any land in that region, the government permits them to.
But now you see it is at market value. And owned by the government.

So the government can then make a small profit selling the land to its citizens. And recoup the costs.
Since there is more land, than there are Palestinians in residence.

So basically their patron the US, needs to cover the Israeli gov't to the tune of 30 billion, and some neutral bank will hold the money for the Palestinians for their second lump sum payment.

So essentially if it does not go in a calm orderly manner, then the second lump sum, may be withheld.
The people themselves, the Palestinians, have the option of trying to go to Gaza if they don't want to be Israeli citizens. They will probably get a Palestinian state there. And so you would think that would be a great solution but do the people who live in Gaza want them to move there? But these are their brothers! Their cousins! But do they want them to homestead on their land?

You see at a point to solve this we have to arbitrate. And use binding arbitration, since we have to make decisions since the decision might not be made unless someone makes it.
You see if the Palestinian people cannot even go to Gaza, then surely they have to realize that economics, and feeding your family should be your priority, and not national pride which gives you nothing but an empty belly when you are dirt poor. So they should go for the money for peace deal with land option and that will give them security and a future.
There is no future for a Palestinian State inside of Israel. And what is the purpose of it?
To say well how would you like it, if you were an Olympian, living inside a Titan Atlantis?
Or an Olympian Afghanistan, surrounded by a Titan galaxy of smaller countries.

I know what the issue is at the heart of it now. This doesn't just go back a little ways it goes back to Atlantis.

edit on 17-6-2012 by Rocketman7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by mkgandhas
reply to post by hawkiye

USA is the bankster's arm.Putin kicked the banksters out of russia.

You are being naive my friend. Putin is KGB and not the good guy everyone thinks.They are all controlled by banksters.
edit on 17-6-2012 by hawkiye because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join