It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Meteorite storm 'smashed the Earth 12,000 years ago and killed off a prehistoric people'

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 01:09 AM
link   
subduction.

combined with an impact from an extraterrestrial source

en.wikipedia.org...

Text

In geology, subduction is the process that takes place at convergent boundaries by which one tectonic plate moves under another tectonic plate and sinks into the mantle as the plates converge. Regions where this process occurs are known as subduction zones. Rates of subduction are typically measured in centimeters per year, with the average rate of convergence being approximately 2 to 8 centimeters per year

Although the process of subduction as it occurs today is fairly well understood, its origin remains a matter of discussion and ongoing study. A recent paper by V.L. Hansen in Geology presented a hypothesis that mantle upwelling and similar thermal processes, combined with an impact from an extraterrestrial source, would give the early earth the discontinuities in the crust for the subduction of the denser material underneath lighter material

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 01:15 AM
link   
reply to post by thegagefather

I like how you think.
I'm in the same boat.
There is science ,there is religion,and then,there is reality.
One day we will come to the truth.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 03:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by AwakeinNM
12,000 years.. pretty recent. So this pretty much nullifies evolutionary theory. Awesome!

is this a joke? or do you not understand evolution?

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 03:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Numbers33four

Originally posted by Shadow Herder
Years ago when I saw these structures I thought that they might of been erected to protect against common rock showers from meteors.[photos redacted]

It is much easier to just go into a cave is it not? Or underground. DO they have nor caves or ground where this happened? Maybe they were retards.

In looking at the pics whoever did this was very strong and not very bright. "Giants in the land"??
edit on 17-6-2012 by Numbers33four because: (no reason given)
Those are dolmens. Used for ceremonial purposes, sometimes allegedly used for the purpose of anchoring a soul to a certain location so that ancient knowledge could be passed on to future generations. (See the Anastasia books by Vladimir Megre)

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 03:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by thegagefather

1. What random words are you refering to? The only words I perceive to be random are -your- words.

thepharaoh looks like he is just ranting about his poor understanding of gnosticism.

2. Cool that you don't believe 2000 year old texts. But what about multiple 2000-year-old and older texts, almost all of which were written in the official formats of that time (especially Sumeria, who had very, VERY strict rules about what you could and could not write in nonfiction literature.) which coincide with one another, which are virtually everywhere across the planet (at least in all major civs) by people who, according to the mainstream community, barely had international trade, and certainly didn't have trade to other continents?

really could i get evidence of your claims please? i'd like to see some examples of sumarian nonfiction and fiction, and where you get these "rules" from.
something being old is nothing but an appeal to age, it doesn't make it true. also, i'd like to see evidence of these rules across all continents, because, while there were examples of fiction throughout the world, i've never heard of any rules that anyone had to follow.

3. A - At one time, Earth's entire surface was covered in water B - There is a substantial amount of scientific evidence supporting the idea for a major flood that occurred in vast areas of the globe simultaneously. C - There's nothing wrong with ignoring religious text, but at this time to insinuate that a global flood could not have occurred would be ignoring the data.

yeah... 2.5 BILLION years ago, while true the land was covered with water, the earths surface was nothing like what it is now..

it is like telling a story about how people were taught by the gods to plant food, and claiming this is true because people learned to plant food at some point in the past. or that stories about any of the gods must be true because they take place in real places.

sure you can make the claim i guess but you would still be wrong, since the claims aren't about genetic facts, but about supernatural occurrences happening in reality.
edit on 18-6-2012 by demongoat because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 03:36 AM
link   
Is this the Younger Dryas event?

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 04:31 AM
link   
After watching Ancient Aliens, and reading this thread, it made me think. Maybe they should check if they get some readings of radiation, it might also be possible that it is a trace of an atomic bomb from an earlier civilization.

But keep in mind that i'm just guessing after watching the series Ancient Aliens, I have no specific high knowledge about this yet.

|.SLO7H.|

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by jonyo1
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

Have any of you heard of the "Carolina Bays"?
They were created about 13,000 years ago and are visible today
in North and South Carolina.
Go to Google Earth and search near McColl SC.

The TWISI thread I referred to above is www.abovetopsecret.com...

Towards the end you will find another link to a similiar thread she made that is equally interesting www.abovetopsecret.com...

ThePharoah....there is ample evidence of "civilization" prior to 6k years. Using Mazlow as a primer, any people who will make cave drawings are obviously well achieved in the lower levels required for modern human life. Art is a VERY high level of function.

As well, agriculture existed for millenia. The "gatherers" would basically spend their time planting the crops back into the same areas they harvested from. So plants that grew under other plants, they would place more of those plants back there to come back to harvest later. This, to be honest, is the proper way to do it. If you want to find the greatest degree of sucess, you just emulate nature. That is what these "uncivlized" people did for thousands of years. You don't find traces of this because they were living with the planet, not on the planet (the key difference between a productive species and a consuming cockroach species).

Just because something isn't like "us" doesn't mean it is any less than us. It might just mean that a better mousetrap was invented.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLO7H
After watching Ancient Aliens, and reading this thread, it made me think. Maybe they should check if they get some readings of radiation, it might also be possible that it is a trace of an atomic bomb from an earlier civilization.

But keep in mind that i'm just guessing after watching the series Ancient Aliens, I have no specific high knowledge about this yet.

|.SLO7H.|

Take the 'Ancient aliens' programs as fictional entertainment

At this time no evidence of 'ancient nukes' have been found. There is however a whole literature based on false reports, wishful thinking and mangled ancient texts
edit on 18/6/12 by Hanslune because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by thegagefather

Originally posted by olliemc84

I understand what the Nephillim were and the book of Enoch. What I don't understand is why the mighty Pharaoh couldn't just say that instead of blurting out random words and saying "peace".

And again, I don't believe in everything that is written down or has been found on nearly 2,000 year old paper and hold is as, well, gospel

Was there a flood? Yes. Global? No. Did a man get a message from god and take 120 years out of his life to build a boat? Doubt it.

Unless he wasn't human...

1. What random words are you refering to? The only words I perceive to be random are -your- words.

2. Cool that you don't believe 2000 year old texts. But what about multiple 2000-year-old and older texts, almost all of which were written in the official formats of that time (especially Sumeria, who had very, VERY strict rules about what you could and could not write in nonfiction literature.) which coincide with one another, which are virtually everywhere across the planet (at least in all major civs) by people who, according to the mainstream community, barely had international trade, and certainly didn't have trade to other continents?

3. A - At one time, Earth's entire surface was covered in water B - There is a substantial amount of scientific evidence supporting the idea for a major flood that occurred in vast areas of the globe simultaneously. C - There's nothing wrong with ignoring religious text, but at this time to insinuate that a global flood could not have occurred would be ignoring the data.

1) The random words of a person screaming at forum goers to google terms that have nothing to do with the OP.

2) I'm sorry but I cannot believe in stories that were written in a language that was lost for, again, 2,000 years only to be deciphered by someone that could have literally made up letters and words for each symbol.

3) A - Yeah I know, billions of years ago. I know this because I used to find seashell fossils across the street from the house I grew up in which lays 853 feet above sea level B - Yes I know this too. Which is why I commented on this post and many other posts that Slayer starts because the topic interests me. C - There is absolutely no physical proof of a global flood. A flood that affected coastal areas around the globe around 12,000 years ago, yes. But not global as in all the land. And find me data.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shminkee Pinkee
Is this the Younger Dryas event?

It more than likely helped cause the Younger Dryas event.
2nd

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by JDINFOWARRIOR
If a super heated rock hit a cold rock formation and you were anywhere near the air surrounding that reaction it would be nothing more than a grave. The air around you would cook you in milliseconds.

What????? Meteors have to be above a certain mass to remain super heated all the way through the atmosphere, if it isn't big enough air resistance will slow it down enough that they will not be incandescent.
It would still hurt you good if it hit you . Any thing big enough to remain incandescent would leave quite the hole in the ground.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by whywhynot
reply to post by SLAYER69

Not trying to sell anything and have no financial interest in it but there is a great book on this and other events here

Thanks Slayer,
I read the first chapter demo pages, and it seems a quality book I cannot put down so it will soon be in my library.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 12:52 AM
link   
Younger Dryas
the evidence
enriched in helium-3

www.energydigital.com...

Text

Helium-3 is a non-radioactive hydrogen isotope with one neutron and two protons. It is carried through space via the Sun’s solar winds, but burns up as it enters Earth’s atmosphere, making it almost non-existent here on our planet.
Projections estimate that on a commercial basis helium-3 would be worth around $40,000 per ounce. Roughly 100 tons of Helium-3 could power the entire population of Earth for a year and scientists estimate that the Moon could contain approximately 1 million tons—10,000 years worth of energy. But is mining the Moon realistic, and who would spearhead such a risky endeavor?

edit on 19-6-2012 by redneck13 because: ,

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 07:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by redneck13
Younger Dryas
the evidence
enriched in helium-3

www.energydigital.com...

Text

Helium-3 is a non-radioactive hydrogen isotope with one neutron and two protons. It is carried through space via the Sun’s solar winds, but burns up as it enters Earth’s atmosphere, making it almost non-existent here on our planet.
Projections estimate that on a commercial basis helium-3 would be worth around $40,000 per ounce. Roughly 100 tons of Helium-3 could power the entire population of Earth for a year and scientists estimate that the Moon could contain approximately 1 million tons—10,000 years worth of energy. But is mining the Moon realistic, and who would spearhead such a risky endeavor?

edit on 19-6-2012 by redneck13 because: ,

The threads I linked above discuss this, and many other clues from the YD period. About 20 pages between the both of them.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Almost every ancient civilization that existed and had a form of writing believed in a great flood. So everyone is wrong and the bible and only the bible is right? Everything else is hogwash? What do YOU believe?

edit on 17-6-2012 by olliemc84 because: (no reason given)

HAHA...8000 Year old skeletons....with fresh hair cuts,,,,lolool....hahah, the only reason why egyptian bodies last is that they were mummified.....WHERE is the decomposition here....???

- what do I believe????...ok, i`l go there...

what im seeing is that there is a group on earth, today, who are claimimg that they have the DIVINE RIGHT TO RULE in a global government......

these people believe they are related to the demi-gods from the pre-flood era....

NOW, all they need to do is prove of the existance of 10,000bc.....then prove that they are related to the demi gods....then hey presto.....they have copied the blueprint of egyptian rule.....or any elitest rule

thats why they are so fascinated with 10,000 bc

peace
edit on 19-6-2012 by thePharaoh because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Is it easier for people to say that a meteor cause the heat that turned sand into glass then saying an atomic explosion turned sand into glass because there were no advanced species at the time?

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Atlantien
Is it easier for people to say that a meteor cause the heat that turned sand into glass then saying an atomic explosion turned sand into glass because there were no advanced species at the time?

Because strikes do cause that type of glass and unless aliens occassionally fired nukes at empty places on earth........

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by thePharaoh

HAHA...8000 Year old skeletons....with fresh hair cuts,,,,lolool....hahah, the only reason why egyptian bodies last is that they were mummified.....WHERE is the decomposition here....???

For you to not know the existence of bog mummies has lead me to the conclusion that it is useless to try to engage in conversation with you.

But I will help to educate you and your ignorant ways...

Bog bodies, which are also known as bog people, are the naturally preserved human corpses found in the sphagnum bogs in Northern Europe. Unlike most ancient human remains, bog bodies have retained their skin and internal organs due to the unusual conditions of the surrounding area.

A number of skeletons found in Florida have been called "bog people". These skeletons are the remains of people buried in peat between 5,000 and 8,000 years ago, during the Early and Middle Archaic period in the Americas. The peat at the Florida sites is loosely consolidated, and much wetter than in European bogs. As a result, the skeletons are well preserved, but skin and most internal organs have not been preserved. An exception is that preserved brains have been found in a nearly 100 skulls at Windover Archaeological Site and in one skull at Little Salt Spring. Textiles were also preserved with some of the burials, the oldest known textiles in Florida.

Wikipedia - Bog Bodies
Archeology Magazine - Bodies of the Bogs
National Geographic - Tales From the Bog

Educate yourself.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by thePharaoh

Almost every ancient civilization that existed and had a form of writing believed in a great flood. So everyone is wrong and the bible and only the bible is right? Everything else is hogwash? What do YOU believe?

edit on 17-6-2012 by olliemc84 because: (no reason given)

- what do I believe????...ok, i`l go there...

what im seeing is that there is a group on earth, today, who are claimimg that they have the DIVINE RIGHT TO RULE in a global government......

these people believe they are related to the demi-gods from the pre-flood era....

NOW, all they need to do is prove of the existance of 10,000bc.....then prove that they are related to the demi gods....then hey presto.....they have copied the blueprint of egyptian rule.....or any elitest rule

thats why they are so fascinated with 10,000 bc

peace
edit on 19-6-2012 by thePharaoh because: (no reason given)

Your entire post proves to me that you are paranoid and delusional.

First....who comprises this group that you claim are ruling the global government? I want names, not answers like Bilderberg or Freemasons or the Bohemian Grove people.

And I also want PROOF that they believe that they are related to your so-called demigods of a lost age.

Who were the demigods? Heracles/Hercules? Cuchulain? Ansel? Gilgamesh?

Because those are myths, bro. Nothing more and nothing less.

edit on 19-6-2012 by olliemc84 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join