It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does god have a goal?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 04:17 PM
link   
For humanity, God's goal is relationship.

For creation? I've no idea but I think it may relate to our relationship with God.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by DakotaCensus

Originally posted by Mickierocksman
I really wish that religious or non-religious OP’s would state the god or gods that they wishing to discuss; there are thousands you know….. don’t let us guess.

Why does it need to be specified? The question can apply equally to whatever god or gods a person believes in.

I do believe that the OP was being specific in his request to find an answer; he just neglected to specify which god’s goals.

Many gods have many different goals according to their followers, so perhaps the OP should have edited the title to be “Does ANY god have a specific goal”

Mickierocksman

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 12:48 AM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

Interesting... but Jesus Himself said their blindness wasn't permanant. Paul says the same thing, OT prophets speak of the regathering and redemption of Israel during the Day of the Lord and He says specifically in Hosea 5:15 that He will return to His place until they acknowledge their offense against Him and seek His face.

Now you know when he will return to earth. He shall return when they say "blessed is he who comes in the name of YHWH" and i think that is when they look on him whom they pierced and each house will go and the husbands and wives will wail like a parent who lost a first borne son.

They can call him back, this is what YHWH is waiting on, when they acknowledge their offense. This is why no man knows the day or hour of the second coming, because no one knows when they will do this, but we know Jacob's Trouble is designed to make them seek his face.

I see what he is doing
, and i see his hand all through it.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 02:19 AM
link   
reply to post by icepack

'bride' is a symbol in Revelation for his faithful people and the kind of relationship he will have with them....marriage; suggesting the link between His people will be close, personal and forever.

The alternate symbol used in Revelation is the unfaithful women, the 'Whore of Babylon' the 'Mother of Prostitutes' this symbolizes a mother Church that is unfaithful to the teachings of Jesus, has great sway in the world and many of it doctrines or powers of control are filtered down to lesser Christian denominations. If you go through all the symbols to describe this unfaithful church it is clearly pointed to be the Roman Catholic Church. The Bible also uses the term 'the son of perdition' to describe this church as well. This term is only used twice in the entire bible, and the other instance is used to described Judas, who hide amongst the other disciples and betrayed Jesus with a kiss.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by JesuitGarlic

thanks for your answer. do you believe in the return of jesus christ ? what do you think would it look like, what would be the first indications ? do you feel jesus christ is acting on you in your daily life ? wouldn't that mean jesus is already around ?

edit on 19-6-2012 by icepack because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by icepack

thanks for your answer. do you believe in the return of jesus christ ? what do you think would it look like, what would be the first indications ?

Yes I believe in the return of Jesus Christ. I would have to be careful how I frame it though because before Jesus returns Satan is going to try and pull a big deception on the world (working lock-step with the Jesuit/illuminati controlled secret societies for the Vatican and the controlled mainstream media to sell this to the public) to counterfeit His coming in order for Satan to set up His earthly kingdom and come out from the shadows, so to speak, to receive praise and worship from man as a visible 'being'. The main reason why I have come to this forum is to warn as many people as I can of this event, all the details around it, what it means for them, how they can best cope with it when it happens ect. Would you interested in hearing about the aspects of this deception (which I personally think is quite close to happening based on all the information streams I follow), the resulting tribulation period and great decision test we will all have to make during this time?

Note that many of the more exacting details come from a modern day prophet who received over 2000 vision from God during her life. All the content is in harmony with the Bible if one was to conduct a mega analysis of the content but to first-time readers hearing lots of 'new' stuff they will think it is not in the Bible. I will be happy to answer any question of concern people might have to show that it is in harmony with the bible. If you read my first post on this thread describing the nature of the rebellion of Lucifer in Heaven, how I get into some specific descriptions that are not in the Bible (but are in harmony with it) then you will have a pretty good idea of the kind of content I will present. From the 2000 odd vision this person received she ended up writing 130 books, abd 4500 articles becoming the most prolific and widely translated writer in American history (and probably world history) despite her formal education level not extending much past 10 years of age. She wrote typically 14-15 pages daily and with the visions she received on health and diet alone has helped people who follow the guidelines live 8-10 years longer than the general population, Adventists being the longest living designated people in the world. Her information on health was written mostly in the late 1800's when clear health and dietary practices were not set and lots of strange practices being carried out that we would freak at now but were thought to have merit.

Is this alright with DakotaCensus (content is from the same author of the follow-up book chapters I mentioned to read, from 'Patriarchs and Prophets', as the information presented will probably take up many posts?

do you feel jesus christ is acting on you in your daily life ?

I have asked Jesus to guide my life and push me greatly to follow His plans for me even when to my own initial feelings or desires that I would not choose certain ways for my own self interest. I have trust that the plans God has for me are in my best interest if you are looking at things from the perspective of an eternal happiness or contentment. Often when things don't go according to perceived plan for great lengths of time I could question God acting on my daily life and feel Him not there. If I look back at the last 5-10 years or so though despite many very difficult times I am happy for them now as they were trials and opportunities to build my character, to develop my knowledge, to have the resilience to be able to serve Him and carry out His plans for my life during the coming very difficult Tribulation years ahead where He will expect to call upon me greatly.

There are instances where I could say from the daily perspective that I felt Jesus as God acting on me through the Holy Spirit but these would be very subjective to most people.

wouldn't that mean jesus is already around?

There are 3 separate aspects to the Godhead, known as the Trinity of Father, Son (Jesus), and Holy Spirit. When Jesus ascended back to Heaven after completing the plan of redemption of mankind and the Resurrection then the Holy Spirit came down switching places so to speak and serves its own specific role. The Trinity is a very difficult concept to explain because the Father is God, Jesus is God, the Holy Spirit is God yet they are three separate entities yet there is only 1 God. They are one and the same but have different functional roles. Jesus (God) died as a man yet the world still went on spinning because Father God was still in control, very difficult to wrap ones head around the Trinity concept in human understanding, right!!!
edit on 19-6-2012 by JesuitGarlic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Would you interested in hearing about the aspects of this deception (which I personally think is quite close to happening based on all the information streams I follow), the resulting tribulation period and great decision test we will all have to make during this time?

sure, sounds very interesting. you should start your own thread, because the topic seems to be off for this thread. title suggestion: "how would the returning of jesus christ look like" or something like that.
i will follow your profile to not miss it.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by icepack

Could you give me some background information to your religious beliefs and history of them so that I may best know how to present the information for you.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   

yes, of course. i come from a more rational, scientific kind of background, very few beliefs. but i have an interest in theology and origins of spiritual things. i also believe in the paranormal like the existence of ghosts and spirits.
you posted:

I would have to be careful how I frame it though because before Jesus returns Satan is going to try and pull a big deception on the world (working lock-step with the Jesuit/illuminati controlled secret societies for the Vatican and the controlled mainstream media to sell this to the public) to counterfeit His coming in order for Satan to set up His earthly kingdom and come out from the shadows, so to speak, to receive praise and worship from man as a visible 'being'.

i am especially interested in is the way satan would counterfeit the coming of jesus christ and how satan can become a visible being.

if you start a thread about it, i sure will have more questions because i find this topic extremely interesting.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 11:05 AM
link   

are you preparing the thread ? or are you waiting for the op to give his/her ok, so you can post it here ?

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by icepack

OP here. Don't need my permission, let the discussion go where it may.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 11:55 PM
link   
reply to post by icepack

I will start you off with two different Adventist sources, Ellen White with her visions occurring over 60 year until around 1915 and Ernie Knoll who has been receiving visions of similar content since 2006 (White is considered reliable whereas Knoll the question is still out on him but I see his dreams as being in line with the Bible and White).

I will see how you go with this content and answer questions on it before continuing to post on the events to occur after this

Ernie Knoll - Dream 46 - 'The Great Test'

Passages from Ellen White's compilation book, 'Last Day Events'. Info can be read from book Here then search the term 'lde'

As the crowning act in the great drama of deception, Satan himself will personate Christ. The church has long professed to look to the Saviour’s advent as the consummation of her hopes. Now the great deceiver will make it appear that Christ has come. In different parts of the earth, Satan will manifest himself among men as a majestic being of dazzling brightness, resembling the description of the Son of God given by John in the Revelation. Revelation 1:13-15. The glory that surrounds him is unsurpassed by anything that mortal eyes have yet beheld. The shout of triumph rings out upon the air: “Christ has come! Christ has come!” The people prostrate themselves in adoration before him, while he lifts up his hands and pronounces a blessing upon them, as Christ blessed His disciples when He was upon the earth.

His voice is soft and subdued, yet full of melody. In gentle, compassionate tones he presents some of the same gracious, heavenly truths which the Saviour uttered; he heals the diseases of the people, and then, in his assumed character of Christ, he claims to have changed the Sabbath to Sunday, and commands all to hallow the day which he has blessed. He declares that those who persist in keeping holy the seventh day are blaspheming his name by refusing to listen to his angels sent to them with light and truth. This is the strong, almost overmastering delusion.

Satan Resembles Christ in Every Particular
• There is a limit beyond which Satan cannot go, and here he calls deception to his aid and counterfeits the work which he has not power actually to perform. In the last days he will appear in such a manner as to make men believe him to be Christ come the second time into the world. He will indeed transform himself into an angel of light. But while he will bear the appearance of Christ in every particular, so far as mere appearance goes, it will deceive none but those who, like Pharaoh, are seeking to resist the truth.—Testimonies for the Church 5:698 (1889).

How the Counterfeit Differs From the Genuine
• Satan ... will come personating Jesus Christ, working mighty miracles; and men will fall down and worship him as Jesus Christ. We shall be commanded to worship this being, whom the world will glorify as Christ. What shall we do? Tell them that Christ has warned us against just such a foe, who is man’s worst enemy, yet who claims to be God, and that when Christ shall make His appearance it will be with power and great glory, accompanied by ten thousand times ten thousand angels and thousands of thousands, and that when He shall come we shall know His voice.—The S.D.A. Bible Commentary 6:1106 (1888).
• Satan is striving to gain every advantage.... Disguised as an angel of light, he will walk the earth as a wonder-worker. In beautiful language he will present lofty sentiments; good words will be spoken by him and good deeds performed. Christ will be personified. But on one point there will be a marked distinction—Satan will turn the people from the law of God. Notwithstanding this, so well will he counterfeit righteousness that, if it were possible, he would deceive the very elect. Crowned heads, presidents, rulers in high places, will bow to his false theories.—Fundamentals of Christian Education, 471, 472 (1897).

Miracles Will Be Performed
• The sick will be healed before us. Miracles will be performed in our sight. Are we prepared for the trial which awaits us when the lying wonders of Satan shall be more fully exhibited?—Testimonies For The Church 1:302 (1862).
• Men under the influence of evil spirits will work miracles. They will make people sick by casting their spell upon them, and will then remove the spell, leading others to say that those who were sick have been miraculously healed. This Satan has done again and again.—Selected Messages 2:53 (1903).
• Wonderful scenes, with which Satan will be closely connected, will soon take place. God’s Word declares that Satan will work miracles. He will make people sick, and then will suddenly remove from them his satanic power. They will then be regarded as healed.

Fire From Heaven
• We must not trust the claims of men. They may, as Christ represents, profess to work miracles in healing the sick. Is this marvelous, when just behind them stands the great deceiver, the miracle worker who will yet bring down fire from heaven in the sight of men?—Selected Messages 2:49 (1887).
• It is the lying wonders of the devil that will take the world captive, and he will cause fire to come down from heaven in the sight of men. He is to work miracles, and this wonderful, miracle-working power is to sweep in the whole world.—Selected Messages 2:51 (1890).
• Satan will come in to deceive if possible the very elect. He claims to be Christ, and he is coming in, pretending to be the great medical missionary. He will cause fire to come down from heaven in the sight of men to prove that he is God. Medical Ministry, 87, 88 (1903).

The Deception Is Almost Universal
The substitution of the false for the true is the last act in the drama. When this substitution becomes universal God will reveal Himself. When the laws of men are exalted above the laws of God, when the powers of this earth try to force men to keep the first day of the week, know that the time has come for God to work.

edit on 21-6-2012 by JesuitGarlic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   

thanks for your effort. you posted:

In different parts of the earth, Satan will manifest himself among men as a majestic being of dazzling brightness

this is interesting. how does satan manifest himself ? would he occupy bodies ?

he claims to have changed the Sabbath to Sunday, and commands all to hallow the day which he has blessed. He declares that those who persist in keeping holy the seventh day are blaspheming his name

isn't sunday the seventh day of the week ? i thought god did rest on the seventh day.

what do you think, when all this will take place ? are we talking about 10, 100 or a 1000 years ?

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by teapot

For creation? I've no idea but I think it may relate to our relationship with God.

To create another like him. As the angels above do not have the thinking, compassion, emotions, as man does.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by icepack

isn't sunday the seventh day of the week ? i thought god did rest on the seventh day.

If you take a look at a calendar, Sunday is the first day of the week. God rests on Saturday above in his chambers. Well in comparison to here, as the lights (days) above and here are different.
edit on 22-6-2012 by jhill76 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

Sunday is the first day of the week.

why is saturday/sunday called weekend then ?

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by icepack
reply to post by jhill76

Sunday is the first day of the week.

why is saturday/sunday called weekend then ?

Mans terminology, I am unaware.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by icepack

how does satan manifest himself ? would he occupy bodies ?

The fallen angel manifest themselves visibly often, 'ET' abductions, UFO bright lights disappearing and reappearing at will in the skies changing direction at will regardless of their momentum in one direction. Appearance of ghosts of supposed ancestors. These are all displays of the fallen angels who remain hidden from visible detection of our eyes deciding to manifest themselves into our visible light viewing range into any shape or face that they want.

Isn't sunday the seventh day of the week ? i thought god did rest on the seventh day.

Names for Saturday in Many Languages Prove Which Day Is the True Sabbath
Arabic: Sabet
Armenian: Shabat
Bosnian: Subota
Bulgarian: Sabota
Corsican: Sàbatu
Croatian: Subota
Czech: Sobota
Georgian: Sabati
Greek: Savvato
Indonesian: Sabtu
Italian: Sabato
Latin: Sabbatum
Maltese: is-Sibt
Polish: Sobota
Portuguese: S ábado
Romanian: Sambata
Russian: Subbota
Serbian: Subota
Slovak: Sobota
Slovene: Sobota
Somali: Sabti
Spanish: Sabado
Sudanese: Saptu
Ukranian: Subota
source:

www.seventh-day.org... see this link, shows exactly which day the Israelites should rest on
I can talk much much more on the theology of all of this and the history or Sunday worship as it stands today from its Catholic roots. Much of that material is covered extensively in my thread on in my signature.

Sunday is named after the sun god, the main symbol Satan uses as his own.

what do you think, when all this will take place ? are we talking about 10, 100 or a 1000 years ?

My best guess personally from the New Age movement info streams that I follow to keep tabs on them and what the secret societies are planning I would say between the next 5 months to 3 years is the best chance they will have to pull of the deception in a very long time (if you would like to know my reasoning for this I can elaborate further).

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Next part of events from 'Last Day Events' book

2. AMERICA (the beast of the land power from Revelation 13) LEADS THE WORLD FIRST INTO FOLLOWING THE DICTATES OF SATAN BY ISSUING A CIVIL LAW TO SUMBIT TO SUNDAY WORSHIP, THIS LAW WILL THEN SPREAD ACROSS THE WORLD AS WELL

The decree enforcing the worship of this day is to go forth to all the world.—The S.D.A. Bible Commentary 7:976 (1897).
As America, the land of religious liberty, shall unite with the papacy in forcing the conscience and compelling men to honor the false sabbath, the people of every country on the globe will be led to follow her example.—Testimonies for the Church 6:18 (1900).

Foreign nations will follow the example of the United States. Though she leads out, yet the same crisis will come upon our people in all parts of the world.—Testimonies for the Church 6:395 (1900).

An attempt to enforce upon all the observance of the first day of the week as a sacred day. In doing this they will not scruple to compel men against the voice of their own conscience to observe the day the nation declares to be the Sabbath. Protestant and Papist churches unite in the decree to keep the Sunday sacred.

3. PERSECUTION FOR THOSE WHO FOLLOW THE BIBLE SABBATH OF GOD, SOME WILL BE IMPRISIONED FOR THEIR FAITH AND MANY PUT TO DEATH, PERSECUTION LEADS TO UNITY AMONGST GOD'S PEOPLE

Those who honor the Bible Sabbath will be denounced as enemies of law and order, as breaking down the moral restraints of society, causing anarchy and corruption, and calling down the judgments of God upon the earth. Their conscientious scruples will be pronounced obstinacy, stubbornness, and contempt of authority. They will be accused of disaffection toward the government.—The Great Controversy, 592 (1911).

All who in that evil day would fearlessly serve God according to the dictates of conscience, will need courage, firmness, and a knowledge of God and His Word, for those who are true to God will be persecuted, their motives will be impugned, their best efforts misinterpreted, and their names cast out as evil.—The Acts
of the Apostles, 431, 432 (1911).
Hoarded wealth will become worthless (for God's people). When the decree shall go forth that none shall buy or sell except they have the mark of the beast, very much means will be of no avail. God calls for us now to do all in our power to send forth the warning to the world. The time is coming when we cannot sell at any price. The decree will soon go forth prohibiting men to buy or sell of any man save him that hath the mark of the beast.

Satan says ... “For fear of wanting food and clothing they will join with the world in transgressing God’s law. The earth will be wholly under my dominion.”—Prophets and Kings, 183, 184 (c. 1914).

When the protection of human laws shall be withdrawn from those who honor the law of God, there will be, in different lands, a simultaneous movement for their destruction. As the time appointed in the decree draws near, the people will conspire to root out the hated sect. It will be determined to strike in one night a decisive blow, which shall utterly silence the voice of dissent and reproof.

For a time the oppressors will be permitted to triumph over those who know God’s holy commandments.... To the last, God permits Satan to reveal his character as a liar, an accuser, and a murderer. Thus the final triumph of His people is made more marked, more glorious, more full and complete. (see the book 'the truth about angels' to know the background story of Satan, to understand God's motives are for keeping Satan here on this world)

4. Superficial Believers Will Renounce the Faith
5. Defections Among Church Leaders
6. The Church May Appear as About to Fall
7. God’s Faithful Will Be Revealed
8. New Converts Will Take the Places of Those Who Leave

God's true people who can be found in all the churches will be called out when the truth about Sabbath and Sunday worship is made fully known to them

9. The sins of Babylon will be laid open
(God only judges those by the degree of light they have received, but there is no excuse for those who are willfully blind). The fearful results of enforcing the observances of the church by civil authority, the inroads of spiritualism, the stealthy but rapid progress of the papal power—all will be unmasked. By these solemn warnings the people will be stirred. Thousands upon thousands will listen who have never heard words like these.

10. The Message Will Go With Great Power

11. Most Non-Adventists Will Reject the Warning
Some will listen to these warnings, but by the vast majority they will be disregarded

12. Thousands Converted in a Day
Thousands in the eleventh hour will see and acknowledge the truth....

13. THE CLOSE OF PROBATION (Meaning, you need to make your decision BEFORE this time!)
- No One Knows When Probation Will Close
- Sunday-Law Enforcement comes before the Close of Probation

- Probation Closes When the Sealing (people fully deciding for God or not) Is Finished and will end suddenly and unexpectedly
- When it is closed there will be a short time when: Unbelief continues, Men wholly engrossed in business, Religious Leaders Will Be Full of Optimism as they think about a period of peace ahead, A famine for the Word, No more prayers for the wicked, transfer of character no longer possible

When the reasoning of philosophy has banished the fear of God’s judgments, when religious teachers are pointing forward to long ages of peace and prosperity, and the world are absorbed in their rounds of business and pleasure, planting and building, feasting and merrymaking, rejecting God’s warnings and mocking His messengers—then it is that sudden destruction cometh upon them, and they shall not escape.

14. Seven Last Plagues come - and the wicked see that God's chosen people are protected from them

15. The wicked are in terror as they see Christ approach (the real one this time) with all His glory

16. The Dead in Christ are raised back to life and are raised into the air with the living who are in Christ as well
------------

When the Mark of the beast is received..
Sundaykeeping is not yet the mark of the beast, and will not be until the decree goes forth causing men to worship this idol sabbath. The time will come when this day will be the test, but that time has not come yet.

Enforcement of Sunday Observance Is the Test..
None are condemned until they have had the light and have seen the obligation of the fourth commandment. But when the decree shall go forth enforcing the counterfeit sabbath, and the loud cry of the third angel shall warn men against the worship of the beast and his image, the line will be clearly drawn between the false and the true. Then those who still continue in transgression will receive the mark of the beast.

While the observance of the false sabbath in compliance with the law of the state, contrary to the fourth commandment, will be an avowal of allegiance to a power that is in opposition to God, the keeping of the true Sabbath, in obedience to God’s law, is an evidence of loyalty to the Creator. While one class, by accepting the sign of submission to earthly powers, receive the mark of the beast, the other, choosing the token of allegiance to divine authority, receive the seal of God.

edit on 22-6-2012 by JesuitGarlic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Do you forget what Jesus told the woman at the well? Sunday/first day of the week in Hebrew, is just a day Christians gather for "corporate" worship, but we are to worship the Lord all the time, every day. There is no such thing as a special day of worship. Like the other 6 days of the week we don't worship Him in spirit and truth? Forget about being a "Seventh Day" adventist and come join the "Everyday Adventists" of the New Covenant. Worship Him every day in all you do and say and think. The time you soend privately with Him in the secret place is greatly more important than anything done in corporate worship and praise. Paul said you aren't supposed to judge people on Sabbath days, that any day a man honors to God he honors that day to God. Besides that, how will the day of worship prevent someone from buying and selling?? If I go to the store on Wednesday they have no clue on what day I chose to go to church with friends. The elite have already told you they are going to a cashless society and they want to get the entire world chipped and if you refuse to do what they say they will turn off your chip. They are already telling you what they will do. This is from the CFR and the CEO of Visa. The Luciferians aren't even hiding their plans anymore, they are blabbing them openly. For one they know no one is paying attention, and two they know no one is powerful enough to stop them on Earth.

But stop attacking and judging your brothers and sisters in Christ for what day they choose to worship corporately with others on. For one Paul instructed not to do that, for two the Sabbath was commanded a day of rest in the OT, and for three Christ told the woman at the well that a day was coming and now is that people would no longer go to the temple for worship but would worship the Lord in spirit and truth, all week long, not just 1 day. Stop attacking your brothers and sisters in Christ Jesus.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join