It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does god have a goal?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Non-Christian here, but this is meant as a legitimate question.

Does god have a goal or an overall purpose in mind? Is there something god is working towards, or is god's place stewardship over creation?

The question, I think, applies equally to all monotheistic religions. I'm curious to hear the thoughts of believers.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by DakotaCensus

i heard, god wants to be praised.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   
God's goal is literally to eat your soul. Not in an evil way however. Doyou eaat plaants and animalsbecause you're evil?

No. It's because they sustain you and you appreciate their sacrifice. Their energy is transformed into your energy.

Our souls or consciousness is a source of energy God needs to survive.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Humor

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Good question, S+F.

I guess the purpose could be something to do with perfection.

Have you ever decided to get a pet? You have this picture in your head of how your relationship will be with the pet, then you get the pet and ... it is different.

The whole of 'creation' is directed by itself, it is an ever changing product. A work in progress.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   
The redemption of mankind.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Threegirls
Good question, S+F.

I guess the purpose could be something to do with perfection.

Have you ever decided to get a pet? You have this picture in your head of how your relationship will be with the pet, then you get the pet and ... it is different.

The whole of 'creation' is directed by itself, it is an ever changing product. A work in progress.

But god knows everything, he already knows how it all ends.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   
It is very hard to accept that an all powerful god who supposedly created the universe and everything to do with it , actually cares or has a plan for a few billion ( apparently only Christians ) insignificant war mongering people ????

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   
My dad and i were discussing about this earlier today.

I dont believe we were meant to think about god until he presents himself to u in a way that u can understand...

people talk about him like theres actual facts but when u actually get in touch with the soul and god in a spiritual level ..but even then we cant be so sure what or who or god is

its just so confusing

edit on 16-6-2012 by ElOmen because: (no reason given)

i also like to wonder if there was a newborn baby and he never got the mention of religions chist god, nothing having to do wwith god or anything related to that was told to him...hes just taught survival instincts and is isolated somehwere...will teh thought of god come to him eventually or is it something we have to be presented with...
wil that person go to hell for other people not showing him the path..or will he eventually come up with it on his own in some cray form of way i cant explain..

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   
I would think a deity, in a conceptual deity I can fathom, would potentially be expressing itself through life and the universe for understanding of self. See what its made of through a multitude of perspectives.

So, in that respect..do we have a goal (considering in this hypothesis, I am part of that deity, I am a perspective).

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

thats the exact same conclusion my dad came up with....

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   
To control and enslave...
Cos he sure knows how to smack down people who think differently then him.
edit on 16-6-2012 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   
That is an excelent question OP.
...also made that question myself many times before.

I think that God only purpose is to create and feel and learn through his creations.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   
The goal of god is to complete itself.
God is evolving just as we are, as the universe moves forward, so does god.

At least, that's how i see it.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by rick004
It is very hard to accept that an all powerful god who supposedly created the universe and everything to do with it , actually cares or has a plan for a few billion ( apparently only Christians ) insignificant war mongering people ????

That is not true , God ares for every single one of his creations , this earth age has been so corrupted by Satan the prince of this world that most people will never get the message and truth Gd meant for us to have to make a choice to love him as you would love your human father that cared and nurtured you.

Satan has fought God on this issue from the very beginning , creating lie after lie to decieve the masses. This earth age is cmi g to an end soon as in very soon . Before it does we will all be changed into spirit again and Satan will be locked away in the abyss for one thousand years , this is just a day to God and that's why it is called the day of the lord , the seventh day of rest and teaching . The elect of Christ will be His priests , His Zadok under the order of Melchezadok . The elect will be the only ones with access to Christ during the millennium or day of the lord . The rest will be separated by the river of life and will be taught by the Zadok without the interference of Satan.

At the end of the millenium Satan will be let loose from the pit and he will again pretend to be Jesus to see who will follow him just like what is coming now the anti Christ or a better interpretation is the instead of Christ. Those who did not listen to the Zadok and follow Satan pretending to be Christ will be blotted out of existance , erased from all memories .

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by DakotaCensus

Does god have a goal or an overall purpose in mind? Is there something god is working towards, or is god's place stewardship over creation?

The question, I think, applies equally to all monotheistic religions. I'm curious to hear the thoughts of believers.

This is indeed the burning question, ooops, no reference to any sojourn to the downstairs place with internal heating on steroids.

It is a serious question that strikes at the hearth of theism. What is the purpose of a divinity and/or a divine plan? I hope some good answers come as it confuses me enormously. Let me add some specifics.

Are we all born imperfect and must we try to die perfect?
Who does this help? Me or the god?

Can god act in any way he/she pleases, defying the natural laws or laws of physics? If so, what is the need for any purpose if he/she can achieve anything. But in any event, where in the cosmos can we conclusively see events or whatever that defy physics? Yes, we still do not understand all that we can observe but amazingly enough, we, puny man will usually figure out how it fits into the whole scheme of physics.

So is the human race the only one of the creations of this god that gets treated outside of the realm of the laws of physics? And if so (back to the topic of this thread) for what purpose? When we are diseased we are told we are not able to comprehend the way of god. When we heal, it is by the grace of god.
What purpose does this have apart from teaching dependence?

I could go on but let me say very clearly
I am serious about these questions and I hope your post will produce some meaningful responses. I know a lot of very intelligent people who are very devoted to their specific god and claim to have had all manner of religious experiences. I cannot understand why and how but I have to respect their viewpoints but do wonder what part of all this I am not understanding.

... and here I have to say that I am unconvinced by the suggestions that all religions worship the same god, just in different ways. There certainly have been enough conflicts from wars and other destructive acts, to shunning those around us, just because of different viewpoints about religions.
Worship?
I could not think of anything else to describe the following of a specific god, or religion based of a specific god. Indeed, worship and subservience do appear to be common factors but of course, morality and service to others are also common to most if not all. They just come in a number of flavours.

You can see my confusion and all my years spent actively pursuing religion seemed to serve no purpose beyond what I could achieve equally effectively as just independent me. If I am dependent on an omnipotent god, how can I ever do him any good or harm? But if he needs my obedience and devotion, is he not dependent on me, at least to some measure? This can go on so ...
CUT

Thanks OP. Look forward to some persuasive input and not just stone throwing.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by DakotaCensus

YHWH just is and he is who he is. Does he have a goal, absolutely he is the Creator. Right now he's working on saving us from ourselves, or as many of us as he can before he pushes the delete button on this dimension. Yeshua is the King of Kings, he rules over heaven and earth, the Living and the Dead in him.

Romans 14:5-9

One person esteems one day above another; another esteems every day alike. Let each be fully convinced in his own mind. 6 He who observes the day, observes it to the Lord; and he who does not observe the day, to the Lord he does not observe it. He who eats, eats to the Lord, for he gives God thanks; and he who does not eat, to the Lord he does not eat, and gives God thanks. 7 For none of us lives to himself, and no one dies to himself. 8 For if we live, we live to the Lord; and if we die, we die to the Lord. Therefore, whether we live or die, we are the Lord’s. 9 For to this end Christ died and rose and lived again, that He might be Lord of both the dead and the living.

Ofcourse, this was written to believers the messianic jews/christians.
edit on 16-6-2012 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

Yeshua is the King of Kings, he rules over heaven and earth, the Living and the Dead in him.

i am confused, isn't satan prince of this material plane ? why do christians pray for his kingdom to come if he already rules the earth ? or are you a euphoric believer ?

edit on 16-6-2012 by icepack because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 02:09 PM
link   

God's main goals are:
- draw as many of mankind to Him as possible to follow His ways and go on a serious journey to seek developing a character like Jesus so that we may be suitable to become like the angels in heaven and replace the heavenly angels that were kicked out of Heaven in the rebellion.

- To give Lucifer/Satan a chance to show to all the heavenly angels (and the rest of the unfallen worlds) that remained loyal to God just why God kicked him out of Heaven and will administer the just sentence of death upon him. Lucifer sought to rise above the position of Jesus in heaven, to oppose the Divine Law of God that it wasn't necessary, and to be ruler over the heavenly angels and then the rest of the unfallen worlds. Lucifer is given the chance to show his true colors of his character (which only God could see at the time of the rebellion as Lucifer called into question God's character through cunning slanders and deceptions) and just how good he would be as a ruler over the universe through the example of what happens on earth. God does give some limits on what Satan is permitted to be allowed to do to us and God intervenes in various ways as well, independently of us and sometimes when we call upon Him (and he sees that the intervention will help lead them to him)

- The record of Earth's history will be used by the universe to solve the problem of sin (i.e the transgression of God's Divine Law, the 10 commandments) by showing the consequences of the kind of heart-ache, bloodshed, discontent and sadness that is created when people seek to live outside of God. We are created male and female to be parents so that through this experience of caring for the young who are not aware of the dangers in the world or why it is necessary to have rules about various things, that we can come to see the wisdom in God's Divine Law, that it is necessary for us for our own good and the good of everyone else, even when sometimes we do not understand why we must have prohibitions on certain manifested desires or thoughts.

- Once these above goals are completed in the fullness of time (which is almost at an end now, just the final great deception, beast's mark system (Sunday law instituted against the 4th commandment) and tribulation to go) then His goal is for us to spend eternity with Him. Firstly starting out spending 1000 years in the heavenly city and then we are to come back down here to Earth (along with the Heavenly city which will come to rest upon the earth's surface (it is about the size of the state of Oregon)) where the Earth is recreated anew and restored back to its state like in the garden of Eden.Here there is no tears, no sickness, no death or discord. With Him here every power will be developed, every capability increased. The grandest enterprises will be carried forward, the loftiest aspirations will be reached, the highest ambitions realized. And still there will arise new heights to surmount, new wonders to admire, new truths to comprehend, fresh objects to call forth the powers of body and mind and soul. (It is debatable at this stage if all of the multitude will be able to travel to other planets or if this will be a reward reserved for those who have been martyrs for God or the 144,000 group.....there are various levels of rewards stored up for those in Heaven which far surpass anything we could gain in this world so people should be 'greedy' in storing up there treasures in heaven and not in this present world which will pass away)

edit on 16-6-2012 by JesuitGarlic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Azadok2day

I can't even try to respond to that ( Big face palm ) ????

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join